Jupiter Returns Can be Difficult

Kingsley

Jupiter returns have the reputation of being good times in ones life. Abundance is the key word and they do seem to offer opportunities and benefits galore. However this year I have seen how a clients father died during the client's Jupiter return and just recentlly how a baby died after only 5 days from being born. The Juiter return for the second example is exact tomorrow ony a few days from the tragic death. Its just not fair Mr Jupiter!

kingsley

Robert

Re: Jupiter Returns Can Suck

Kingsley said:
Jupiter returns have the reputation of being good times in ones life. Abundance is the key word and they do seem to offer opportunities and benefits galore. However this year I have seen how a clients father died during the client's Jupiter return and just recentlly how a baby died after only 5 days from being born. The Juiter return for the second example is exact tomorrow ony a few days from the tragic death. Its just not fair Mr Jupiter!

kingsley
Hang on there! What Jupiter brings may not be always what one expected, but its results may not necessarily be seen in the immediate short term eg. the death of the father may alleviate your clients responsibility to him or what about inheritance of the 8th house? Also your client may be able to get on with life unencumbered...( watch your clients space!)
About the baby that died, what about the Karma that if the child had been born maybe the time was not right for him/her on life's stage for support and what had to be achieved. I am not being moralistic and I do realise that this should be dealt with on the karmic thread..however have you looked at the charts of the parent's, that might provide some answers?
However one should have empathy and give support to all those that have been traumatised to help them through their mourning. I would like to hear from others what their experience were with Jupiter returns.

gaer

Kingsley said:
Jupiter returns have the reputation of being good times in ones life. Abundance is the key word and they do seem to offer opportunities and benefits galore.
What else was happening during the Jupiter returns?

For instance, anyone who is experiencing a Jupiter return right now will also have Pluto conjunct Jupiter, and there have been some wicked transits for all of us all this year. :(

wilsontc

Staff member
Looking at the whole chart, to gaer

gaer,

I agree. It is important to look at the entire chart. Just because a Jupiter return is happening in the chart doesn't mean something very challenging is happening elsewhere in the chart. It can be useful to take a look at the house where the Jupiter return is. This is the area which will be "expanded" in the person's life. If the challenges are not about the issues of the house Jupiter is in, then something else in the chart indicates the challenges the person has.

Looking at the whole,

Tim

mdinaz

Re: Looking at the whole chart, to gaer

Like any other outer planet return, the Jupiter return signifies that one period of growth is ending, and a new one beginning. It doesn't mean everything will be just peachy with the new cycle - it may be the very opposite - bad things will happen to enact major changes, which result in a new cycle of growth. My last Jupiter return occured one month before my 2nd wife and I separated, which was an incredibly difficult time for me. We eventually divorced, and many many things have happened since then, many of them very positive.
My previous return occurred the same month I started college, just before I left the military for good. It began a long difficult process of getting through school, working incredibly hard, and getting into the civilian work force. Many positive things happened after.
The previous return to that occured at the exact same time my parents separated and divorced. It began another huge cycle of growth and change. Good things may occur in the Jupiter growth and change, but sometimes old stuff has to go away first.

Kingsley

No one deserves a dead child, its hard to justify that kind of luck Robert or give it a big picture twist just yet.

kingsley

erinj

Hi all

Being that Jupiter is the planet of luck and abundance sometimes we expect too much therefore being disappointed at times with the results. a Jupiter return does not guarantee automatically that everything will run smoothly but depending on natal, progressed, transits happening it may offer some protection or be the savior to get you through it. I feel sorry the parents whom baby died but you also have to look at their charts and see what what was going on and we dont know what type of life the child may have had if it lived although that does not take away from the mourning. During my last Jupiter return my son was diagnosed with a lifelong disability and I had a hard time with the public school system because special education in my area sucks!!!! But we got through it! I also started one of the most significant relationships in my life but it was full of hurdles. I have heard of wonderful Jupiter returns with others but you just can't count on it alone.

Kingsley

Yes, I Hear and know what you are saying trust me. I guess in situations like these, one questions the 'feel good' and 'treading softly soflty' with some readings. Two months ago I predicted the birth much earlier than the doctors by about three weeks, then later, they re-evaluated and even earlier birth. It was last week. I predicted the death ironically.

The mother rang and asked me what happenned.

Well I won't be doing a workshop on it in the near future but there is a greater story unfolding here and its far beyond anyone's capacity to say to mother "it wasn't meant to happen, you have an important life path to follow now and I guess sometimes Jupiter is a real *****".

The client will return when she is tossing up her options in that direction.

By the way, Venus is rather a nasty little sod too when she rules 8th.

kingsley

gaer

Kingsley said:
and its far beyond anyone's capacity to say to mother "it wasn't meant to happen, you have an important life path to follow now and I guess sometimes Jupiter is a real *****".
Good grief, of course not!

The whole "it was meant to happen thing" at a time like that is totally heartless beyond words.

I've had people say things like that when something really bad happened to me, and I just wanted to slug them. <ggrrrr>

Gaer

mdinaz

Kingsley said:
Yes, I Hear and know what you are saying trust me. I guess in situations like these, one questions the 'feel good' and 'treading softly soflty' with some readings. Two months ago I predicted the birth much earlier than the doctors by about three weeks, then later, they re-evaluated and even earlier birth. It was last week. I predicted the death ironically.

The mother rang and asked me what happenned.

Well I won't be doing a workshop on it in the near future but there is a greater story unfolding here and its far beyond anyone's capacity to say to mother "it wasn't meant to happen, you have an important life path to follow now and I guess sometimes Jupiter is a real *****".

The client will return when she is tossing up her options in that direction.

By the way, Venus is rather a nasty little sod too when she rules 8th.

kingsley

I tend to avoid specifics in such cases. I did a reading for a friend once, where in her solar return Pluto was conjunct the IC. I knew her mother had been in poor health for some time, and I was certain this reflected the death of her mother. I didn't present it as such, I just told her that there will likely be a major change in the home with the family, a member possibly moving in or out, and that not to focus negatively on it, that all things must come in time and it represents the beginning of new cycles for many people. What else can you do? I just try and focus on possibilities, for I think thats what astrology really does for us anyway - it shows where power exists for possibilities to come to fruition. What truly happens is based on free will and beliefs. I think that if you focus on a specific negative event ("Uranus hits the 7th, there will be a separation or divorce"), you only give power to a belief that may not have existed previously or an event that had no power behind it, but now does because of what I said. Your birth situation you talk about is a tough one - I don't know if there was any other way to have predicted the situation, other than looking at major negative transits for the mother that could have predicted the negative outcome (node/vertex/moon/Pluto aspects with IC/5th house maybe).

gaer

mdinaz said:
I think that if you focus on a specific negative event ("Uranus hits the 7th, there will be a separation or divorce"), you only give power to a belief that may not have existed previously or an event that had no power behind it, but now does because of what I said.
Exactly. You can "plant a seed", and if it's something negative, harmful, it can do great damage.

g

Kingsley

Yes very good points.

Some clients are extremely sensitive to hidden meanings and they go away worrying a lot, which is why they came for a reading anyway.

kingsley

Last edited by a moderator:

4leafclovah

Is the rulership of Jupiter in the natal chart important to the return or is the focus on Jupiter's basic functions more important?

Kingsley

Jupiter rules 10th and in the 10th. Moon opp Jupiter in natal tends to represent someone with a very outwardly nurturing character. Actually I see that as being strong for others while ones own needs are less important. Its a defensive process. I guess that is jupiters process which in this case would be most helpful. Jupiter returns usually offer benefits in line with Jupiters ability (dignity and strength) in the natal chart. One would think that at these returns something good would be delivered. I am not completely sure whether this is actually the case or not. Perhaps there was a tragic benefit in the proportions of a good jupiter.

kingsley

well i have never observed for myself a jupiter return but i have one happening next week(thursday).....im gonna buy a lottery ticket, just in case......
Hopefully it will be a good return and one full of abundance:D

Natasha

Jupiter transits including Jupiter returns can allow us to overdo things and thus create a mess
We can feel too generous and agree to something we later regret
We can go too far out of a limb & once the Jupiter transit is passed we have trouble getting back
Nancy Ann Hasting' The practice of prediction describes this brilliantly

If our Jupiter aspects Sun Venus or Ascendant we may feel very exuberant during our Jupiter return and could get into a bit of a mess we later regret

Nexus7

Hmm. I did not sow any seeds on my last Jupiter return but on my most recent one there was a follow-up from an artistic project I completed decades before and had given up on really, after several rejections from publishers. I was approached by a small publisher of Tarot cards if he could do a run of my cards after seeing samples of them on my website and a small run of them were published just as the Jupiter reutn bacame exact.

Every time that I have had a Jupiter return, there has been a death in my family. There has only been one exception, and that was the birth of my 3rd child. But even that joyful occasion was darkened by the death of my grandmother. I always dread seeing a Jupiter return in my chart or a family member's. I realize that there are other things involved.

kimryu

I just had a Jupiter Return in Cancer, even now, Jupiter is still transiting in the same sign, but it's Retrograde. There's no death in my family at least from the beginning of it until now. Yet, it certainly wasn't and still isn't a good time for me. I'm struggling to get along with my mom, in truth, it has been 5 years already, but we aren't getting along well. Nothing really has changed for the better. I am still unemployed and have no religious freedom. I am already 24+ years old but my family still watches me like I were a kid and almost tries to make my decisions for me. Jupiter Return in this case did not really change anything for the better, though my mom's diagnosed with cancer at a very early stage and will be undergoing operation soon.

kailaniatsea

My last Jupiter return occurred right around Hurricane Katrina, not a lucky time for those poor people. Fortunately, I was not living anywhere near the Gulf Coast. For me, that return say me traveling and resuming my education after an absence, and socializing more. I wouldn't call it the most happy time, but made the best of it. But then again, my Jupiter return will always conjoins my natal Saturn, squares my Mars, ASC and DC. Thus, my happiness always feels incomplete. My next Jupiter return is scheduled for 2017. Let's see what happens then...