PDA

View Full Version : Of foreign travel?

sworm09
03-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Based on traditional techniques, does it seem likely that I will travel outside of the United States (my native country) in my life time?

The only methods that I know of are Lilly's and according to his method the answer is a pretty strong yes:

Moon in the 1st in a moveable sign, Jupiter, the chart ruler strong in the 9th house and ruling the 9th house. Mercury in a sextile to the chart ruler and the ruler of the 9th house Jupiter with Mercury ruling the 3rd house, and Mars who rules the first through interception is also in trine to Jupiter.

All I see are testimonies of yes, yes, yes.

But I'm not sure that I'm not just reading into the chart with a bias. That's why I came here for a second, third...or how ever many people reply, opinion, perhaps using other techniques and methods.

I'd love to hear what you think :)

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/<a href=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/sworm09/media/Natal.png.html target=_blank>[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n573/sworm09/Natal.pnghttp://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n573/sworm09/Natal.png

junoisuppose
03-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Hello,
I'm not familiar with the type of chart that you have posted. I can see those are your planets in the middle, but I'm unsure what the planets around the outside are.
Anyway, that aside, jupiter in the 9th in sagittarius with sagittarius on the cusp of the 9th is not a double whammy but a triple whammy - so you would have a lot of interest in 9th house matters - learning or traveling, so yes, I should think you will travel outside your home country.
Another indication that I was told is from palmistry - at the bottom of your hand, on the little finger side, if you have many horizontal lines this will indicate traveling abroad many times.

Innayat
03-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Everything you have already pointed out are obvious points. Interest in travel is indicated. Transits are key in when you travel. Jupiter, the 9th house, rulers in signs have to be looked into for transits. When planets affiliated with the 9th house are transiting the 9th it is a good indication of travel. When Jupiter is connected to or making important aspects (especially conjuncts) to planets associated to it, you could travel. When Jupiter is transiting the 9th house , you could also travel.

Also, try checking transits using whole signs as well, if you have not.

sworm09
03-21-2014, 02:49 AM
Hello,
I'm not familiar with the type of chart that you have posted. I can see those are your planets in the middle, but I'm unsure what the planets around the outside are.
Anyway, that aside, jupiter in the 9th in sagittarius with sagittarius on the cusp of the 9th is not a double whammy but a triple whammy - so you would have a lot of interest in 9th house matters - learning or traveling, so yes, I should think you will travel outside your home country.
Another indication that I was told is from palmistry - at the bottom of your hand, on the little finger side, if you have many horizontal lines this will indicate traveling abroad many times.

The planets on the outside are "twelfth-parts" of the planets.

Yeah with Jupiter in the 9th in Sag I felt the same way, but really needed a second opinion.

Everything you have already pointed out are obvious points. Interest in travel is indicated. Transits are key in when you travel. Jupiter, the 9th house, rulers in signs have to be looked into for transits. When planets affiliated with the 9th house are transiting the 9th it is a good indication of travel. When Jupiter is connected to or making important aspects (especially conjuncts) to planets associated to it, you could travel. When Jupiter is transiting the 9th house , you could also travel.

Also, try checking transits using whole signs as well, if you have not.

This entire post is just interesting, and for a few technical reasons.

Transit wise you noted 9th house affiliated planets; I think you mentioned Jupiter as one, and through whole signs Mars would count as well. Then you mentioned Jupiter making aspects to either Jupiter and through whole signs Mars.

Two interesting things happened that back that up; Saturn entered the 9th whole sign house and I moved to a different city.

What I'm curious to is mixing house systems.

Saturn entering Scorpio means that Saturn entered by 9th whole sign house, and it corresponded to me traveling (but not outside of my country). I'm curious if the influence will be there (or more marked) when Saturn enters my 9th house quadrant house a few months from now.

By Progression I had the Moon move into my 9th quadrant house corresponding with my move as well.

I feel like it's just a coincidence, but what do you think about mixing house systems for prediction?

dr. farr
03-21-2014, 05:11 AM
... what do you think about mixing house systems for prediction?

There is no a priori reason why this type of eclectic approach cannot be used: if you experiment with it (in say at least 25-30 experiments) and it works well, then continue to apply it and see if its relative accuracy continues to hold.:biggrin:

Innayat
03-22-2014, 06:09 PM
sworm, you could try it out and see if it is sufficient. I have just answered on the basis of my own experiments. Jupiter and its connections + 9th house activated through transits is what I have found while checking close family and friends.

I have noted myself, I have travelled a bunch of different times when Jupiter has entered my 9th house by transit(in whole signs).I have some significant things in the 9th in both whole and placidus. Or another example maybe that a friend of mine who has done little to no travelling decided to travel when their transiting Jupiter was conjunct their natal mars( natally Jupiter is in aries).

So, I find there to be some connection mostly through Jupiter or 9th house affiliations. Your chart is not the type I usually look at so it hard to see exactly what I'm looking at but my suggestion is try checking the above mentioned things yourself.

sworm09
03-23-2014, 01:12 AM
There is no a priori reason why this type of eclectic approach cannot be used: if you experiment with it (in say at least 25-30 experiments) and it works well, then continue to apply it and see if its relative accuracy continues to hold.:biggrin:

Supportive as always dr. farr :)

sworm, you could try it out and see if it is sufficient. I have just answered on the basis of my own experiments. Jupiter and its connections + 9th house activated through transits is what I have found while checking close family and friends.

I have noted myself, I have travelled a bunch of different times when Jupiter has entered my 9th house by transit(in whole signs).I have some significant things in the 9th in both whole and placidus. Or another example maybe that a friend of mine who has done little to no travelling decided to travel when their transiting Jupiter was conjunct their natal mars( natally Jupiter is in aries).

So, I find there to be some connection mostly through Jupiter or 9th house affiliations. Your chart is not the type I usually look at so it hard to see exactly what I'm looking at but my suggestion is try checking the above mentioned things yourself.

Yeahh, just tried some stuff out. Jupiter is my Almuten of Travel in quadrant houses....I took it from the 9th house cusp, the ruler of the 9th house, Mercury, and the Moon. Mars was also trine my Ascendant a few degrees from transiting Jupiter.

Interestingly, the most obvious transit was Uranus trine Jupiter

I think the next hotspot period for me is like definitely late 2029...specifically October 2029. Looking at all of the indicators, it looks like that's when the major traveling happens :)

dr. farr
03-23-2014, 02:54 AM
Check what the Lot of Journeys indicates (ascendant+cusp of 9th house-lord of 9th house)

sworm09
03-23-2014, 03:56 AM
Check what the Lot of Journeys indicates (ascendant+cusp of 9th house-lord of 9th house)

If I calculated it correctly, that particular Lot falls at 13 Pisces. Right on my natal Sun, ruled by Jupiter and received by Jupiter.

Also thanks or posting this, I was on the internet searching like a madman for the formula for that Lot. Looking at this Lot amongst my other positions for calculating Almuten of travel, it only reaffirms that Jupiter is the strongest significator of travel in my chart.

The Lot is on the fixed star Achernar which is of the nature of Jupiter while Jupiter himself is on Antares showing restlessness, freedom, and impatience.

Looks pretty clear :)

Larxene
03-23-2014, 04:39 PM
For a different approach, you can check this out:

http://esmaralda-astrology.com/2013/05/08/valens-on-travel-part-1/