PDA

View Full Version : How 'weak' is a peregrine planet?

red
01-13-2014, 06:01 AM
A peregrine planet is known as the wanderer,the one who feels foreign in the house they reside in.

But do aspects from an exalted planet or planet in domicile help in making the peregrine planet less of a wanderer?

Or does a mutual reception between itself, in this case,say it's Jupiter in Taurus,and moon in Cancer,elevates somehow the status of Jupiter as a peregrine planet in Taurus?

poyi
01-13-2014, 06:06 AM
A peregrine planet is known as the wanderer,the one who feels foreign in the house they reside in.

But do aspects from an exalted planet or planet in domicile help in making the peregrine planet less of a wanderer?

Or does a mutual reception between itself, in this case,say it's Jupiter in Taurus,and moon in Cancer,elevates somehow the status of Jupiter as a peregrine planet in Taurus?

These questions had been asked and addressed by traditional members. You may want to read this thread.

So far from what I understood, Nothing can save a Peregrine Planet.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45152

red
01-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Thank you Poyi :)

Someone in that thread mentioned mutual reception as a mitigating factor.

I think so too, because it would explain why I feel my Jupiter so strongly.

poyi
01-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Usually if you have very well dignified Jupiter by essential dignity or accidental you will always feel the energy of Jupiter. Maybe looking at the houses Jupiter rules in your chart, to see how the positive compensation being given.

red
01-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Usually if you have very well dignified Jupiter by essential dignity or accidental you will always feel the energy of Jupiter. Maybe looking at the houses Jupiter rules in your chart, to see how the positive compensation being given.

Thing is Jupiter is peregrine in Taurus.

Jupiter in Taurus is a lucky placement( well of course it depends hugely on other supporting factors in the natal chart).There are so many famous people who have their Taurus in Jupiter. Jupiter only receives some sort of dignity between 15 degrees to 22 degrees in Taurus, otherwise it's peregrine. BUT I am fortunate/lucky. I figured I had to look at Jupiter to explain it and realized I had a peregrine Jupiter! LOL

poyi
01-13-2014, 07:19 AM
Thing is Jupiter is peregrine in Taurus.

Jupiter in Taurus is a lucky placement( well of course it depends hugely on other supporting factors in the natal chart).There are so many famous people who have their Taurus in Jupiter. Jupiter only receives some sort of dignity between 15 degrees to 22 degrees in Taurus, otherwise it's peregrine. BUT I am fortunate/lucky. I figured I had to look at Jupiter to explain it and realized I had a peregrine Jupiter! LOL

My sister also have Peregrine Jupiter in Taurus at 11 degrees 32 placed in her 10th house ruling her 5th and 8th houses. Along with Moon in Scorpio ruling and trine 12th house Mars and Saturn tight conjunction in 12th house. She had massive issues with her reproductive health also with pituitary gland tumor causing her hormonal imbalance and was told by her doctors she won't be able to ever get pregnant. She did get pregnant through caesarian section with a very healthy son. Guess what by progression, her Jupiter finally gained Dignity by degree as Term. But indeed a lot of hardship since her early 20s till early 30s for at least 10 years, before that in her teenage year she always have very painful period as severe form of Endometrosis many operations done.

In the future, her Jupiter will progress into Gemini as Fall when he turned 63 years old should be his second Saturn return. But that is many years away and very likely to be my sister passing away or having health issue by that time since Jupiter ruling her natal 8th Pisces.

red
01-13-2014, 08:15 AM
My sister also have Peregrine Jupiter in Taurus at 11 degrees 32 placed in her 10th house ruling her 5th and 8th houses. Along with Moon in Scorpio ruling and trine 12th house Mars and Saturn tight conjunction in 12th house. She had massive issues with her reproductive health also with pituitary gland tumor causing her hormonal imbalance and was told by her doctors she won't be able to ever get pregnant. She did get pregnant through caesarian section with a very healthy son. Guess what by progression, her Jupiter finally gained Dignity by degree as Term. But indeed a lot of hardship since her early 20s till early 30s for at least 10 years, before that in her teenage year she always have very painful period as severe form of Endometrosis many operations done.

In the future, her Jupiter will progress into Gemini as Fall when he turned 63 years old should be his second Saturn return. But that is many years away and very likely to be my sister passing away or having health issue by that time since Jupiter ruling her natal 8th Pisces.

oh my :(

Glad that she could have a child nevertheless.

Jupiter is my 4th house,ruling my 3rd and my 12th houses.

greybeard
01-13-2014, 03:10 PM
A vagabond is a vagabond. His heart goes where the wild goose goes, always passing through, a stranger in a strange land.

Other planets can ameliorate his condition, but he remains peregrine.

Say Jupiter is between 15-22 Taurus (his own term)...he's not peregrine. Put Moon at 12 Cancer (Jupiter's term is from 6-13, so Moon has increased affinity with the Big Guy), and Jupiter at 14*30 of Taurus (not in any dignity, therefore peregrine), then you have an applying sextile from Moon -- who is naturally friendly with Jupiter -- and a reception by exaltation between the two. Jupiter, by progression, moves quickly into his own term (although his radical position is without dignity and marks him for life), so that early on his conditions improve.

Now pretend these two planets are Greek gods, who walk, talk, fornicate and get mad... Imagine a little drama between the two based on their astrological conditions, as described above. That will give you a pretty good idea of what happens on the "stage" (the life of the native.) Change the conditions slightly, then imagine the drama again; it will act out differently.

What you see is what you get.

In order to dramatize the planets in this way, you must set aside the planets as such and in their place insert their potential meanings. Maybe peregrine Jupiter in Taurus has a desire to expand his material possessions, but finds himself without the means. Moon is motherly (not necessarily the mother) -- she can also represent dependency, the public, the sea, etc. -- and so something of a lunar nature (in our imaginary case) may assist Jupiter (reception by exaltation, strong but not necessarily consistent or constant). The involved houses add to the picture.

In actual life, I lived as a peregrine for too many years. All my worldly possessions in the pack on my back, sleeping along the roadside, etc. I didn't steal or beg, but if you listen to Roger Miller's song, "King of the Road", we can assume most vagabonds will carry off what isn't tied down. But in those conditions a person is always an outsider, looked at askance, without resources either material or human.... A planet operating under similar conditions lives a similar fate. Roots and ties are easily broken, uprooted. Such a life can lead to bitterness, alienation; it can lead as well to a realization that kindness is not absent from this world, and that there is a higher power that watches over us constantly.