PDA

View Full Version : Zollar Diploma Course

mossadrai
12-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Hey guys,

I've heard quite a lot about New Library and their relation to Robert Zollar, therefore I need an opinion from you... The Medieval Astrology Diploma Course (DMA) is being sold by 199.00 (some US$ 300).

Is this the right place for me to buy it or should I try to find the book somewhere else, maybe even directly from Robert Zollar?

Since it is not a bargain, I would like to be sure I am buying the right thing.

JUPITERASC
12-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Hey guys,

I've heard quite a lot about New Library and their relation to Robert Zollar, therefore I need an opinion from you... The Medieval Astrology Diploma Course (DMA) is being sold by 199.00 (some US$ 300).

Is this the right place for me to buy it or should I try to find the book somewhere else, maybe even directly from Robert Zollar?

Since it is not a bargain, I would like to be sure I am buying the right thing.
Hi mossadrai - I posted the following comment earlier this year in mid June on the Rank of Fame thread quoting Clelia Romano's statement that Zoller has not taught since 2004 http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=479397#post479397

THERE IS ANOTHER SITE OFFERING THIS COURSE
http://www.virginastrology.com/library/shop/products/diploma-course-medieval-astrology-books-i-ii
Curiouser and curiouser – so who is 'the real Zoller'??? :smile:

I found clues at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5453&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=e1a4c24f0e79c13a29859555cf034248 which discusses Zoller's illness/health issues 20 June 2010 - three years ago now and the most recent post was made there almost a year ago on 24 August 2012

QUOTE:

Deborah Houlding:

'….based on my knowledge of a number of astrological associations that were made with New Library around the same period of time, my belief is that Robert Zoller made a business deal with them, and then later regretted it but was bound by the contract.

So I think it's a legitimate site, with a legitimate right to sell his work, but I'm pretty certain that Robert Zoller is no longer happy about the arrangement, and so no longer endorses the product. I'm speculating but its not hard for anyone involved to give a more official clarification if I'm wrong.....'

Chris Brennan:

'….from talking to Zoller the issue is he hasn't been paid for any of the products that have been sold through New Library for years.

So, while they have legitimate right to sell his work because he signed a contract, Zoller himself is no longer involved and is not receiving any profits from his courses or books. I don't know New Library's story.

That being the case, anyone who signs up for the course through them is being taught with Zoller's materials, and they are basically learning from his course, but they are not being taught by Robert Zoller himself.....'

Clelia Romano:

'....Robert Zoller wrote the CMA and DMA at request of New Library, particularly Luke Andrews, they both corrected issues in Tools and Techniques.

Luke Andrews studied traditional astrology but astrology is not his first interest, although he is skilful scholar - he corrected my examination test - writing important things besides all my answers, and I have them in my mind still now.

Luke Andrews corrects the examination tests and Zoller himself confirmed personally in 2007 that these were elaborated by Zoller. I chose not to opt for tuition 2004, because I heard that Zoller was not stable to give lessons since that time....'

So then, it seems that since 2004 Zoller himself has not given lessons

mossadrai
12-18-2013, 02:01 PM
this is indeed what I know from the New Library-Zoller relation... sad to know that they didn't come to a good agreement about their course, and that NL is selling Zoller's course legally but with this kind of bad feelings from his part...

Now a parallel topic... Maybe you, Jupiterasc, already has the course and can tell me that... Is it possible to buy the course together with friends? Let's say, three friends each one helping with 100 dollars?

JUPITERASC
12-18-2013, 02:21 PM
this is indeed what I know from the New Library-Zoller relation... sad to know that they didn't come to a good agreement about their course, and that NL is selling Zoller's course legally but with this kind of bad feelings from his part...

Now a parallel topic... Maybe you, Jupiterasc, already has the course and can tell me that... Is it possible to buy the course together with friends? Let's say, three friends each one helping with 100 dollars?
INTERVIEW WITH ROBERT ZOLLER http://www.skyscript.co.uk/zoller.html
provides an email address for Robert Zoller Email: robertezoller@hotmail.com

Omnisphericus says he completed Zoller's course and has posted several threads on the Traditional Astrology forum using Zoller's methods as well as other methods
- experiment with sending Omnisphericus a pm
and he may advise you better than I
because my main interest is Ancient Babylonian Astrology,
I discuss medieval, Hellenistic and other methods
simply because many ancient texts are almost daily being translated
and we have unprecedented access to the original words of ancient astrologers with reliable translations :smile:

mossadrai
12-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Thank you very much, Jupiterasc

sea_of_qi
12-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Thank you both very much. I have been contemplating taking Zoller's course just recently. Now I will pm Omnispericus and send Mr. Zoller an email and see what happens.

mossadrai, if you wind up taking the course, I would like to know how it worked out for you. Thanks again.

mossadrai
12-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Hello, Sea of Qi... I decided not to pm Omnisphericus when I saw he has not been active in the forum for a long time... And I was going to write Robert, but since you are going to do that first, as it seems, let's make a deal, if and when he answers you tell me what happened, and if and when I take up the course I'll give you my position and opinion. Ok?

JUPITERASC
12-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Hello, Sea of Qi... I decided not to pm Omnisphericus when I saw he has not been active in the forum for a long time...

And I was going to write Robert, but since you are going to do that first, as it seems, let's make a deal, if and when he answers you tell me what happened, and if and when I take up the course I'll give you my position and opinion. Ok?
There's always email...

clicking on the avatar shows various alternatives
including pm and email to the member :smile:

mossadrai
12-19-2013, 01:23 AM
I don't know if I am missing something, but I can't find the email address.

mossadrai
12-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Jupiterasc and sea of qi, I have just bought the Zoller course, and NL sent me all the files to download. It is very very interesting!

JUPITERASC
12-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Jupiterasc and sea of qi, I have just bought the Zoller course, and NL sent me all the files to download. It is very very interesting!
Good news - enjoy your studies :smile:

sea_of_qi
01-24-2014, 01:07 AM
So, the virginastrology.com website is related to and endorsed by Zoller. I found the Chris Brennan radio interview with Zoller and he specifically mentions the virgin site as the place to go. It seems it is Zoller's students that do the correspondence-tutoring.

If you go to robertzoller.com, it comes up in Chinese. So, I didn't bother to email robertzoller@hotmail.com

Omnisphericus never replied to my pm and there is no option to email him.

I hope your studies are going well mossadrai! The only complaints I found about the New Library were slow responses and rudeness in the tutoring. I am planning to get started with the virgin site later this year when time permits. I hope you are still around.

mossadrai
01-25-2014, 12:47 PM
Hello, sea of qi.

I haven't heard about virginastrology and since I wanted to begin the lessons I ended up buying the course in New Library. I am studying the material it is very interesting, although I think most of the time Zoller lacks the didactics and is overly wordy. Sometimes I have the impression that a lesson that could be written in 6 or 7 pages is on purpose written to occuppy 30 or more pages (like the lesson on delineating fortune and profession in the chart). This has annoyed me more than the slow responses of New Library.

Besides that, the course is very interesting, and when Zoller goes to the point, it is a lot of interesting things to learn.

poyi
01-25-2014, 02:10 PM
I also find his books very wordy, I bought quite a few from New Library and not simplified enough for easy uderstand. I do prefer simple direct approach of teaching with table, point form and examples. Properly not the best teaching style for me. I even just asked horary if I should also take the course and it is Moon conjoined but separating Saturn in Scorpio both in 12th house hahahahahah 3rd is Aquarius Sun in detriment ruling over 9th house Leo of higher eduction. Moon made no approaching aspect to any planet only 5 approaching square to MC in Leo. The funny thing is 3rd house detrimental sun ruler of 9th just completed but separating the sextile to AC I think that expressed my desire to learn but the will is weak hahahahahah

mossadrai
01-25-2014, 02:19 PM
I also find his books very wordy, I bought quite a few from New Library and not simplified enough for easy uderstand. I do prefer simple direct approach of teaching with table, point form and examples. Properly not the best teaching style for me. I even just asked horary if I should also take the course and it is Moon conjoined but separating Saturn in Scorpio both in 12th house hahahahahah 3rd is Aquarius Sun in detriment ruling over 9th house Leo of higher eduction. Moon made no approaching aspect to any planet only 5 approaching square to MC in Leo. The funny thing is 3rd house detrimental sun ruler of 9th just completed but separating the sextile to AC I think that expressed my desire to learn but the will is weak hahahahahah

Wow, how interesting! Your horary analysis made me laugh, lol.

I too have a serious problem with wordy books and/or teachers. It always gives me one of two impressions, that the author thought something like that: 1) I don't have that much to teach (the teaching part is very little) and then I need to "stuff" and "fill" the text with other things or 2) I need to boast myself on how much I have researched and how much I know...

poyi
01-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Wow, how interesting! Your horary analysis made me laugh, lol.

I too have a serious problem with wordy books and/or teachers. It always gives me one of two impressions, that the author thought something like that: 1) I don't have that much to teach (the teaching part is very little) and then I need to "stuff" and "fill" the text with other things or 2) I need to boast myself on how much I have researched and how much I know...

I fully agree. Other than the course structure and contents you also need to consider teaching style. To see if you would be benefited by this teacher would be to me as important as the content of the course. Maybe I am too dumb or simply lack of patience. I tend to go directly to application then I will go back to learn the theories. But most people like to go through historical research then theories then practice. I usual go directingly on trying it out first then learned from mistakes or learned from asking how I got it right or wrong by referring back to theories and rules. Not the usual learning pathway....most people won't agree with this. I like to ask questions, finding answer instead of being fed with information. I will feel like being brain washed....

JUPITERASC
01-26-2014, 12:05 AM
In fairness to Zoller :smile:

Keep in mind that Zoller is bound by a contract he regrets he made with New Library

and

Zoller DOES NOT ENDORSE NEW LIBRARY products
and
Zoller does not endorse the course New Library are using Zoller's name to sell

Issue is that

Zoller has not been paid for the products sold through New Library for years

and

Zoller has not taught since 2004
due to illness

Anyone doing the New Library course is not being taught personally by Zoller

Zoller does not respond to questions asked by students on the New Library course

Zoller has not updated the New Library course for at least ten years
so the New Library course does not reflect Zoller's current views :smile:

QUOTE:

Deborah Houlding:

'.based on my knowledge of a number of astrological associations that were made with New Library around the same period of time,
my belief is that Robert Zoller made a business deal with them, and then later regretted it but was bound by the contract.

So I think it's a legitimate site,
with a legitimate right to sell his work,
but I'm pretty certain that Robert Zoller is no longer happy about the arrangement,
and so no longer endorses the product.
I'm speculating but its not hard for anyone involved to give a more official clarification if I'm wrong.....'

Chris Brennan:

'.from talking to Zoller the issue is he hasn't been paid for any of the products that have been sold through New Library for years.

So, while they have legitimate right to sell his work because he signed a contract,
Zoller himself is no longer involved
and is not receiving any profits from his courses or books.
I don't know New Library's story.

That being the case, anyone who signs up for the course through them
is being taught with Zoller's materials,
and they are basically learning from his course,
but they are not being taught by Robert Zoller himself.....'

Clelia Romano:

'....Robert Zoller wrote the CMA and DMA at request of New Library, particularly Luke Andrews, they both corrected issues in Tools and Techniques.

Luke Andrews studied traditional astrology but astrology is not his first interest, although he is skilful scholar - he corrected my examination test - writing important things besides all my answers, and I have them in my mind still now.

Luke Andrews corrects the examination tests
and Zoller himself confirmed personally in 2007
that these were elaborated by Zoller.
I chose not to opt for tuition 2004, b
ecause I heard that Zoller was not stable to give lessons since that time....'

So then, it seems that since 2004 Zoller himself has not given lessons

poyi
01-26-2014, 01:20 AM
I think John Frawley may have some diploma course can't be sure from memory; but I don't recall Hand has any. I have a few collections of Brady classes. To me she is the best and easiest style to my learning. Robert Hand also very good but he doesn't do that kind of teaching that allows you to be a bit more beginner. He would be great for advanced students while Brady is clean and simple yet teaching effective tools. Personally speaking I feel comfortable learning from her to start with then can process to more complex astrologers like Hand and Zollar.

Reading good quality books always help. Is always best to invest a bit on person library. I have this ridiculous Fear...if tomorrow is the end of the world I shall preserve all the great astrology books today for the seek of mankind. Just my excuse on collecting books...

JUPITERASC
02-02-2014, 07:50 PM
I think John Frawley may have some diploma course can't be sure from memory; but I don't recall Hand has any. I have a few collections of Brady classes. To me she is the best and easiest style to my learning. Robert Hand also very good but he doesn't do that kind of teaching that allows you to be a bit more beginner. He would be great for advanced students while Brady is clean and simple yet teaching effective tools. Personally speaking I feel comfortable learning from her to start with then can process to more complex astrologers like Hand and Zoller.
To be fair to Robert Hand, Zoller and Robert Schmidt
it is because English is not your native language
that you have a barrier to your understanding of Zoller, Schmidt et al
although they are classical scholars
their courses are written with the native English speaker in mind

Brady learned everything she knows
from Traditional and ancient astrology :smile:
Reading good quality books always help. Is always best to invest a bit on person library. I have this ridiculous Fear...if tomorrow is the end of the world I shall preserve all the great astrology books today for the seek of mankind. Just my excuse on collecting books...
Vettius Valens had exactly the same idea two thousand years ago
and faithfully chronicled the techniques of astrologers who were considered ancient in Valens own time
some of those astrologers had preceded him by three hundred years or more

Valens titled his book THE ANTHOLOGY and there is a free pdf available online
translated from original Ancient Greek by Professor Riley at http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf

Excellent new course in HELLENISTIC NATAL ASTROLOGY
offered by Robert Schmidt, Project Hindsight http://www.projecthindsight.com/

poyi
02-02-2014, 08:39 PM
To be fair to Robert Hand, Zoller and Robert Schmidt
it is because English is not your native language
that you have a barrier to your understanding of Zoller, Schmidt et al
although they are classical scholars
their courses are written with the native English speaker in mind

Brady learned everything she knows
from Traditional and ancient astrology :smile:

Vettius Valens had exactly the same idea two thousand years ago
and faithfully chronicled the techniques of astrologers who were considered ancient in Valens own time
some of those astrologers had preceded him by three hundred years or more

Valens titled his book THE ANTHOLOGY and there is a free pdf available online
translated from original Ancient Greek by Professor Riley at http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius%20Valens%20entire.pdf

Excellent new course in HELLENISTIC NATAL ASTROLOGY
offered by Robert Schmidt, Project Hindsight http://www.projecthindsight.com/

I have at least five Zoller's books. I also have The Anthology book. I didn't say that they are not good astrologers. I simply expressed myself understood Brady better; first she speaks Austrialian English where I lived here for more than 12 years of my 30 years of life. I prefer her language, practical demonstrations, so suggested if people found Zoller too difficult to understand could try to learn from Brady first which she also teaches first hand by herself and wrote her own teaching materials, power points and records those lectures and conferences herself and in low price and at time even on sale which are affordable. Zoller doesn't teach first hand anymore. And his writing style is difficult for me to understand but I have no problem with Robert Hand I also owned 7 of his books even the Herbrew classic translated to English The Beginning of Wisdom edited by Hand and The Anthology I can also understand. I found your words offensive, forceful, containing racist comments and saying my English is not good enough to understand your own ideal of Great astrologers ever existed according to your standard.

poyi
02-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Especially English is not my first language. I had came very far to read many classic texts which many native English speakers won't ever bother to learn as they are pure modernists. I collected them with my spare income as a very keen student to see true values of those knowledge. I have almost 130 astrology books and you saying my English is not good enough that is extremely demeaning of my will of learning, extremely hurtful, insensitive and demeaning of my every day hard work of my study.

JUPITERASC
02-02-2014, 10:05 PM
I have at least five Zoller's books. I also have The Anthology book. I didn't say that they are not good astrologers. I simply expressed myself understood Brady better; first she speaks Austrialian English where I lived here for more than 12 years of my 30 years of life. I prefer her language, practical demonstrations, so suggested if people found Zoller too difficult to understand could try to learn from Brady first which she also teaches first hand by herself and wrote her own teaching materials, power points and records those lectures and conferences herself and in low price and at time even on sale which are affordable. Zoller doesn't teach first hand anymore. And his writing style is difficult for me to understand but I have no problem with Robert Hand I also owned 7 of his books even the Herbrew classic translated to English The Beginning of Wisdom edited by Hand and The Anthology I can also understand. I found your words offensive, forceful, containing racist comments and saying my English is not good enough to understand your own ideal of Great astrologers ever existed according to your standard.
You have often stated that you tell the truth
I also tell the truth

You have frequently stated on the forum that you are unfamiliar with English
and that you have difficulty and misunderstand comments
and so it is unfair to accuse me of repeating something you have yourself acknowledged

I said the truth
that you have difficulty with English
you said so yourself many times

I have simply repeated what you have yourself acknowledged
on many posts on the forum

and now you have confirmed that you prefer Brady
because she uses Australian English
which you personally prefer
because you now are resident in Australia.
because you said just now
I simply expressed myself understood Brady better; first she speaks Austrialian English where I lived here for more than 12 years of my 30 years of life. I prefer her language, practical demonstrations, so suggested if people found Zoller too difficult to understand could try to learn from Brady first which she also teaches first hand by herself and wrote her own teaching materials, power points and records those lectures and conferences herself and in low price and at time even on sale which are affordable.
HOWEVER

all I have highlighted is
it is unfair to imply that Brady is somehow better at explaining
because she uses the Australian English
which you prefer

but which others may in fact find difficult

ours is an international forum
and members read many languages
not just English

many astrological texts are available in Russian and Spanish and Greek that are unavailable in English

Zoller, Schmidt, Hand and others are not racist for translating astrological texts
from ancient Greek into English

in fact Zoller, Schmidt, Hand and others
are understandable to those familiar with English
and there is nothing wrong with saying that :smile:

I find your comments towards me unfair and insulting

JUPITERASC
02-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Especially English is not my first language. I had came very far to read many classic texts which many native English speakers won't ever bother to learn as they are pure modernists. I collected them with my spare income as a very keen student to see true values of those knowledge. I have almost 130 astrology books and you saying my English is not good enough that is extremely demeaning of my will of learning, extremely hurtful, insensitive and demeaning of my every day hard work of my study.
I am not responsible for the fact that you are not a native English speaker

In fact you are also extremely knowledgeable in Chinese astrology
and have the clear advantage that you speak, read and understand Chinese as your native language with ease :smile:

I can speak only one or two Chinese words
Just because I can read and understand English with ease
does not make me or anyone else who can read and understand English with ease
any better than you are

Just because you do not speak English with ease is no cause for feeling demeaned
That is your choice how you react

My intention is to highlight that there is definitely a consideration of language involved
when learning a subject in a language that is other than one's own native language

I find it insensitive of you to make the accusations that you have made
against me on a public forum
and I regard your comments as a personal attack

poyi
02-02-2014, 10:12 PM
You had many times, said English is not my native language in many posts. I said myself experiencing issues because I concerned my English inhibiting me to be my best. That does not give you any right to keep saying I can't understanding these astrologers because of my English. I tried my very best to learn the most I could. I really do each day, at least 6 hrs a day on day off more than 12hrs a day I either reading books or researching about or practicing astrology. I am greatly devoted to break this barrier and I clearly said to start with the easy teaching, writing style then proceed to more advanced. Out of nowhere you said I was not being fair as I have language barrier. I was not in anyway said they are not good astrologers. My language has nothing to do with astrology which is in fact a personal attack to me being born as Non English native. That is to me a racist statement.

JUPITERASC
02-02-2014, 10:32 PM
You had many times, said English is not my native language in many posts. I said myself experiencing issues because I concerned my English inhibiting me to be my best. That does not give you any right to keep saying I can't understanding these astrologers because of my English. I tried my very best to learn the most I could. I really do each day, at least 6 hrs a day on day off more than 12hrs a day I either reading books or researching about or practicing astrology. I am greatly devoted to break this barrier and I clearly said to start with the easy teaching, writing style then proceed to more advanced. Out of nowhere you said I was not being fair as I have language barrier. I was not in anyway said they are not good astrologers. My language has nothing to do with astrology which is in fact a personal attack to me being born as Non English native. That is to me a racist statement.
You are accusing me of something I have not done
and you are also insulting me now by repeating your accusations

Clearly this conversation is going nowhere and is also distracting from the subject matter of this thread

So to return to the thread title subject

Zoller's diploma course is available basically from two sources

one source is endorsed by Zoller
the other is not endorsed by Zoller

New Library source is not endorsed by Zoller

The alternative course is very expensive indeed when compared to the price of the New Library course
and is available at this link and is endorsed by Zoller http://virginastrology.com/library/shop :smile:

sea_of_qi
02-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Has mercury stationed or is the effect already upon us?

mossadrai
02-06-2014, 12:54 AM
I decided to use the post to tell you something I have been noticing after appying Zoller techniques to delineating charts, and I would like to know what do you think, and if there any advices.

Well, since I began to study Zoller material I decided to try and apply them to the charts of my clients. In most of the cases, I would say maybe 90%, the delineation was prety accurate, but the clients told me something "yes, yes, I used to be like that, but today not anymore" or things like "Yes, this happened to me a long time ago, today I have changed".

When I used to read charts without Zoller methods, I always talked about the present life and situation of the person, and not about the past. And, personally, I don't want to say things just to hear that this is true but not anymore.

What do you think this is? A normal thing? Some flaw? If it is a flaw, how to resolve that?

Thanks!

JUPITERASC
02-07-2014, 12:40 AM
I decided to use the post to tell you something I have been noticing after appying Zoller techniques to delineating charts, and I would like to know what do you think, and if there any advices.

Well, since I began to study Zoller material I decided to try and apply them to the charts of my clients. In most of the cases, I would say maybe 90%, the delineation was prety accurate, but the clients told me something "yes, yes, I used to be like that, but today not anymore" or things like "Yes, this happened to me a long time ago, today I have changed".

When I used to read charts without Zoller methods, I always talked about the present life and situation of the person, and not about the past. And, personally, I don't want to say things just to hear that this is true but not anymore.

What do you think this is? A normal thing? Some flaw? If it is a flaw, how to resolve that?

Thanks!
Consider sending a pm to Omnisphericus
- he posted some comments to the forum just a few days ago on 2 February 2014

To be fair to Zoller in the meantime
you have stated that you are doing the course with New Library
but
New Library is not endorsed by Zoller,
and has not received teaching direct from Zoller
for at least ten years
so the course you are doing has not been updated for a decade
yet New Library continue to market their course using Zoller's name
but Zoller is not paid
none of the money you paid for the course was given to Zoller
because New Library takes it all,

so although the course material is based on
material originally sourced from Zoller
Zoller himself does not answer New Library students questions
and is not teaching with New Library
So there is considerable doubt regarding the authenticity of the course
and
There is an alternative up to date course, currently endorsed by Zoller
offered by http://www.virginastrology.com/libra...ogy-books-i-ii
so
would be interesting to find someone doing the course currently endorsed by Zoller

You bought this course on 20 December 2013 just six weeks ago
your results may change
as you become more practiced
with applying these techniques
Perhaps there is an exam at the end of the course
and a Diploma :smile:

Also
New Library should answer these questions you are raising
if Zoller actually were teaching there
and it was a bona fide Zoller course
then Zoller would provide the answer to students questions

Then there is the added factor that
'in most cases' does not state exactly how many cases 'most cases' represents
Keep in mind that for normal statistical purposes,
at least 250 natal charts are required
before one even begins to draw tentative conclusions.

some of Zoller's techniques for chart delineation
are available on our forum
for example NATAL CHART DELINEATION http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48463
The type of Delineation I'm giving here is a mix of medieval techniques with those of the Hellenistic authors.
Robert Zoller played great role in my traditional astrology education
and this is obvious
for those who are familiar with his work.

I need to mention that even though Zoller was initially very fond on Arabia authors, his basic delineation techniques are taken from the early renaissance French astrologer Morin. Zoller studied with Zoltan Mason who introduced Morin and his basic natal delineation to Zoller. Zoltan was also one of the first translators of Morin.

Here are some tips for delineating the chart in this manner.

1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.
This is the basic rule. The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house.

Zoller gives the example of his own chart where he has Combusted Mercury in 11th, ruler of 4th. He comments that this kind of placement brings adversity to ones home and dwellings.

2. Benefit in one area of life can be produced by adversity, or even conflict, in another.

Again Zoller gives example from his own chart.
Jupiter in 9th in Scorpio disposited from Mars in 11th: Wisdom coming from conflicts.

3. The delineation tells you the what. The
predictive techniques tell you the when.

4. The Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant is showing the type of Primary Motivation of the native.
Fire goes for freedom of action and power.
Air goes for freedom of expression and movement.
The Water signs need emotional security
Earth signs need physical security.

The person with masculine Ascendant (or majority of planets in masculine signs) speaks in active terms: "I did this to that person".
The person with feminine sign on Ascendant or majority planets in feminine signs, speaks in passive terms: "This happened to me".

The Feminine signs seek advice because they need second hand in their decisions, in fact they want someone else to make the decision for them.
Masculine signs seek advice because they have many options so they are not sure which option is better.

Cardinal signs are most active. Cardinal water and earth (Cancer and Capricorn) are working great amount of actions but in circumstances and environment structured already by someone else.
Libra and Aries (Cardinal masculine) are working great in any kind of circumstances.

Fixed signs are centripetal, they need center. They are very successful in Acquisations.
Taurus hoards money.
Leo hoards glory and honor.
Scorpio hoards the hidden things, hidden motivations of other people, seek energy and vitality.
Aquarius hoards Knowledge.

Mutable signs vacillate between the two: cardinal and fixed.

5. Examine the planets which most closely aspects the Ascendant. These planets add to the whole Primary Motivation thing.

Planets aspecting the Ascendant represent powers the native can use in the world.

The aspecting planet's local determination will be added to the Primary
Motivation.
(Venus in 5th will add love for pleasure and entertainment to the native's Primary Motivation).

The aspect between the aspecting planet and the Ascendant tells you how the being of the planet and its local determination are linked.

6. The Ruler of the Ascendant by its house position tells you where (what area of life) the native will seek to realize his/her Primary Motivation.

Look also at all 5 dignity rulers in the place of the ASC. The Almuten and Exalted ruler are lamost as significant as the domicile ruler (sometimes even more).

The Ruler of the Ascendant (as well as the other rulers) by its nature and zodiacal state shows the methods the native will use and the success or failure of the drive.

This is great quote by Zoller:

Quote:
"This little trick is of great practical value. By means of it, we may understand what the native wants. All other wants and desires are negotiable, but not the Primary Motivation. If you interfere with another person's ability to realize their Primary Motivation, they are gone."

Lets assume that a person has Cancer on the Ascendant,
The primary motivation of this person is the Need for Emotional Security.
The ruler/s of the Ascendant and their zodiacal and local state will determine How would this be achieved.

Lets assume Moon on IC in Libra Peregrine.
Jupiter in 6th (but 7th sign!) in Capricorn.
Venus in Sag in 6th - Peregrine.
Mars in Scorpio in 4th (but 5th sign!)
Saturn (term ruler) is in 5th Scorpio Peregrine.

We can see that Moon is strong by accident (being on angle), so we can judge first from there.
The need for Emotional Security this person would seek in the home, in the place of the father. The father would be the means through which this person would try to achieve the Emotional Security.
Jupiter - the exalted ruler is weak by being cadent, Venus too. They can't produce much in giving the emotional security this person seeks.
Jupiter by universal means suggest that the native would seek wisdom, religion (and the person actually did!) but by being cadent and in fall, it can't productively give what it promise.
Mars is in 4/5th and is strong by zodiacal state, but is out of sect malefic.
It would try to win competitions, but also with Saturn in 5th will give great deal of creativity. Mars rules the 10th - creativity and looking for career, would also give some amount of emotional security for this person. But by being square with Sun in 7th it means that it will have opposition from authorities and other people in general.

The primary motivation is great deal of what we unconsciously and often consciously seek for. Once that motivation is broken or someone interrupt it, we seek to fix that in the every possible way we can do that.

I will continue with the tips in my next post.