PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Taurus, so I'm supposed to be rich?!

fullmoonlibra
11-19-2013, 06:49 PM
The title is of course a little too much of the good thing :happy:.

What I actually mean is: I'm confused about my Venus Taurus, elevated, trine part of fortune, trine moon, square AC/DC, quintile Jupiter Pisces.
Venus also rules 3rd house (libra cusp), with Pluto Scorpio in third house.

These are all significant for making money..

But my second house cusp is Virgo, with Moon Libra in second house.
Virgo is a modest sign, so I guess it's also modest for the pocket, and especially because the ruler Mercury Aries, is afflicted and in 8th house.
It's opposite Moon, square Mars, square Neptune, trine Saturn, sextile Chiron.

Seems that I have to work hard to gain my money. Or that I will gain money through my spouse.
So I can forget about becoming rich according to the second house issues.

What can be an overall conclusion, because Venus is actually remarkable strong?

waybread
11-19-2013, 07:14 PM
I think there is some confusion in modern astrology, with its conflating of signs and houses. This works in medical astrology and in natal astrology for certain themes, but not in any and all circumstances.

This confusion has led to the belief that because Venus rules the second sign (Taurus) it must therefore rule money (second house.) Actually, Mercury is the traditional ruler of trade and money exchanges, whereas Venus is associated more with luxuries. Expensive jewelry, for example, is more Venus than Mercury.

Hopefully you're involved in a Venusian career! Your Libra moon in the second is also ruled by Venus, so you might make money through a vocation associated with Venus, such as the arts, luxury items, work involving women (such as hair-dressing) or anything requiring a good sense of taste and esthetics (such as design.)

Mercury as your second house ruler is in the 8th house, which is a good placement for investments, but it is involved in a T-square with that second house moon plus Neptune-Mars in the 5th house. Neptune has an illusory quality to it-- you may not have a firm grasp of your personal finance, and be tempted to spend money on 5th house matters, like entertainment or recreation.

How would you rate your money management skills? Because sometimes even if people earn good money, win the lottery, or inherit money, they don't know how to keep it and make it grow. Instead, they spend it on luxury items (Venus!) or on immediate gratification of some sort.

Suze Orman is my favourite personal finance guru. www.suzeorman.com (http://www.suzeorman.com)

fullmoonlibra
11-19-2013, 09:36 PM
When only looked at my wishes, I would say that I want to invest in houses. Buy an appartement and rent it further (but I think everyone thinks like this, because it is a secure and regular way to earn money). And careerwhise I have the wish to work at home.

So Moon is definitely involved in money making :rightful:

I'm very good at budgeting, but I can indeed spend lots of money to hobby-stuff and to my pets :D

fullmoonlibra
11-19-2013, 09:44 PM
And I guess that the reason I talk about money money money ( :whistling: ) is because of Venus transit sextile Jupiter and Jupiter transit sextile Venus :D

waybread
11-20-2013, 04:42 AM
My husband and I were landlords together for 20 years. I found I wasn't cut out to be a landlady, although he was a lot better at it. It isn't so simple as it sounds. It can be hard to get good tenants who pay their rent on time and look after the apartment. If you have to evict tenants it can get really ugly. I would never rent a furnished apartment, after having furniture damaged or stolen. You are responsible for major repairs, or minor ones if your tenants vanish.
Unless you can afford to purchase the property outright, you are paying a mortgage, which cuts into your rental income. This is one area I would research very carefully!