Intro

intotherain

Greetings everybody. I'm a Leo and a total newbie concerning astrology. I looked through the forum in order to find a thread where to ask my question, but i didn't, so i decided to list it here:

What does it mean: "Saturn being fortunate", "Moon being fortunate", "Sun being fortunate" etc. ? When is Saturn fortunate, or any other planet ? And when those planets are NOT fortunate ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

loonymoon

I guess fortunate refers to having mostly harmonious aspects - trine and sextile - to other planets, being in a sign it rules or is exulted in or at least not in detriment or fall, in a house it naturally rules or in an angle, and/or having harmonious aspects/conjunction with "benefitial" planets, such as Jupiter. If a planet is "badly" apected (forming mostly "hard" aspects such as opposition, square, semi-square etc.), is in the sign of its fall or detriment or having aspects to "malefic" planets then I suppose it's misfortunate. For instance, if Venus is in Taurus in the 7th house, forming a trine with Jupiter, a sextile with the Sun and a conjuction with the Moon then it's fortunate. But if Venus is in Aries in the 8th house, forming a conjunction with Saturn (a "malefic" planet), squares the Sun and opposites Neptune then it's not fortunate at all. However, these are traditional interpratations, modern astrology tends to avoid judging the placement of the planets as good or bad, or bringing good fortune or bad luck.

Last edited: