transit triggers passing of loved one?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering you someone could help me with my natal chart. I lost my father yesterday evening, at the age of 74 he had congestive heart failure and it finally was too much for him. I was looking at my chart and transits, and knowing about saturn entering Virgo (I am a virgo, cancer rising, leo moon) I wondered if that might have played a part. I understand that charts are not used to predict medical events or death - but I have read that it is possible to see transits or triggers in the charts of loved ones of the person that passed.

I am just trying to learn more about how transits and major life events work. Can anyone help me? I would be very grateful.

Thank you,
Jennifer

astro_24gw_01_jennifer_fonslet_2007.gif

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
jennifer, i am so sorry about the loss of your father....I will have a look at this chart later today- but do you also have the time of death and the place...This second *time of death* chart will give a lot of insight, too..my condolences,silvercatspaw....lillyjgc

gaer

silvercatspaw said:
Hello everyone,

I was wondering you someone could help me with my natal chart. I lost my father yesterday evening, at the age of 74 he had congestive heart failure and it finally was too much for him. I was looking at my chart and transits, and knowing about saturn entering Virgo (I am a virgo, cancer rising, leo moon) I wondered if that might have played a part. I understand that charts are not used to predict medical events or death - but I have read that it is possible to see transits or triggers in the charts of loved ones of the person that passed.
I'm very sorry for your loss. My mother just passed the beginning of August.

Gaer

Hi Jenifer,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father, I am just coming up to the 10th anniversary of the death of my father. Here are the transits I looked at for you. I too was curious about what was happening astrologically when my father died of a heart attack. The major transit I remember was transiting Saturn in the 8th opposed my Natal Pluto in 2nd. I never looked at my transits so soon after his death, but then I wasn't heavily into Astrology at that time, if I was I probably would have looked at my chart.

Here's what I found in your chart:

Uranus Conjunct M.C Parental Angles:

With transiting Uranus going over your M.C - this is the parental angle and can signify very dramatic changes at this time, to your status in life. Because the tenth house is angular it is very important and very public. Your career can suddenly change, as well as your destiny. There can be an alteration in the life of one of your parents. And you will perceive the world different now. An older person can suddenly leave your life, your personal life may be altered.

Pluto Square Venus

Pluto 6th to 4th house Venus

With this aspect there can be a profound change in the state of marriage, the love nature, and existing close relationships and business alliances. Often there is a divorce or a loss of a partner through death (with Venus in 4th, a family member/father relates to the 4th house) There will always be some change. It may be that marriage itself is transformed through this transit, and your view of it may be different.

Pluto Square Pluto in 6th square 4th house Pluto `

Joint finances can be transformed, this includes your partners income and your joint inheritances. Can bring financial loss. Inheritance that will transform your life. Power struggles over money. Affecting home/father. Unavoidable endings or changes.

Ruler of 8th house Saturn/father figure Authority square to Neptune ruler of 10th house.

This can be an adverse period, the ruler of the 8th death is squaring the M.C ruler Neptune, this transit probably also symbolises the loss of your father. The theme of this transit can focus on guilt and obligation.

You also have your progressed Moon in Scorpio at the critical degree of 28. I have always found events seem to happen as the progressed Moon is getting ready to leave a sign. The progressed Moon in Scorpio can be one of the most difficult times in your life. Deep powerful emotions, heaviness and intensity. Scorpio rules over death and this may be a period when someone close to you dies, and the Moon seems to climax at the critical degrees just when it is leaving the sign an event usually happens.

The Moon will progress to conjunct your Jupiter/Neptune - When the progressed Moon conjuncts these planets it can have an energizing effect. When it gets with orb of your planets something usually happens which will affect you personally. Neptune rules your 10th and Jupiter your 6th, affects your career, an change for an older person in your life, health issues, duties. Emotions can be vulnerable at this time.

StarNur

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I noticed that you're born in 1971, and have Neptune, Saturn, Mercury involved in a t-square at degrees that are close in aspect to where the lunar eclipse will take place tonight. Eclipses can be felt before and after the actual event. A friend of mine is born in the same year and has a ton of planets in tense aspects at those degrees, and she just had a miscarriage today. You also had Mars go over Saturn (father figure - grandfather?) and Uranus Rx is also over your Midheaven (grandfather?) which Shining Ray so clearly interpreted above.

Oh my gosh, thank you SO much lilly, the notification emails went into my junk folder and I didn't think to check the website until now! Thank you SO much for your comment. Here is the chart and transits for the date and time of dad's passing - I cant believe all of the squares and grand crosses -

astro_2gw_11_date_of_death.62532.gif

I would very much appreciate any insight you have, I am very grateful for your time.
Jennifer

lillyjgc said:
jennifer, i am so sorry about the loss of your father....I will have a look at this chart later today- but do you also have the time of death and the place...This second *time of death* chart will give a lot of insight, too..my condolences,silvercatspaw....lillyjgc

Last edited:
Thank you for your insight, I am trying to learn more about aspects and transits and this will help greatly. Thank you also for your condolences.
~jennifer

StarNur said:
Hi Jennifer,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I noticed that you're born in 1971, and have Neptune, Saturn, Mercury involved in a t-square at degrees that are close in aspect to where the lunar eclipse will take place tonight. Eclipses can be felt before and after the actual event. A friend of mine is born in the same year and has a ton of planets in tense aspects at those degrees, and she just had a miscarriage today. You also had Mars go over Saturn (father figure - grandfather?) and Uranus Rx is also over your Midheaven (grandfather?) which Shining Ray so clearly interpreted above.

Hello Shining Ray,
I apologize for the lateness of my reply, the notification emails went into my junk folder and I didn't think to check this thread until now!!! My apologies. I am humbled and thankful that you took the time to look at this so closely and post charts and such. I am trying to learn more about aspects and transits and this will help greatly! I will review it in much more detail, but wanted to get a "thank you" out to you right away!

~Jennifer

Shining Ray said:
Hi Jenifer,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father, I am just coming up to the 10th anniversary of the death of my father. Here are the transits I looked at for you. I too was curious about what was happening astrologically when my father died of a heart attack. The major transit I remember was transiting Saturn in the 8th opposed my Natal Pluto in 2nd. I never looked at my transits so soon after his death, but then I wasn't heavily into Astrology at that time, if I was I probably would have looked at my chart.

Here's what I found in your chart:
http://imageshack.us