PDA

View Full Version : Starting an Online Course with Mercury retrograding 9th house

SirGeorge
06-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Hello everyone.

I am a Scorpio Ascendant and in a few days (26th of June in my timezone) Mercury will turn retrograde in my 9th house.

The course starts on the 17th (9 days before the retrograde) and goes on for 8 months but I would like to ask if there is a possibility that this Mercury retrograde will affect (badly) the course.

My natal chart with transits on the 17th of June (the date the course starts) is attached.

greybeard
06-06-2013, 06:52 PM
At the inception of the course Mercury is direct.

Why would the course turn sour? Do you have some reasonable concern or are you just (unwisely) trying to govern your life with astrology?

SirGeorge
06-06-2013, 07:13 PM
At the inception of the course Mercury is direct.

Why would the course turn sour? Do you have some reasonable concern or are you just (unwisely) trying to govern your life with astrology?

I am just checking all of the possible "meanings" of my major transits and especially when I am about to choose my Masters degree that is more than 6000 Euros..

greybeard
06-06-2013, 07:59 PM
You are working toward a Master's in astrology? Which university offers that?

Look at your natal chart... What does it promise in the way of "higher education" and "success" ?
Transits are subservient to the radix.

wintersprite1
06-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Hello SirGeorge,

I had a similar concern when I started college this last year. Saturn had just crossed in Transit to my 9th house... I knew there would be 3 rx in that house during the Transit. One thing I did do was to begin moderating here on the forum. I knew I would not have the time to work on Astrology (another 9th house item) Saturn limits, so I figured this would be a great way to stay in touch with Astrology, but my interaction now is Saturn responsibility and during the rx times I am going through past postings and refiling them in the correct areas. With this part of my 9th under somewhat of control, I freed up time for school.

Mercury running through the 9th seems ideal. During rx periods look for aspects from other areas of your natal chart.... this may give clues to issue that may come up. I would suggest that you use that time to organize and make sure you are on track with goals. As this is time that miscommunications may happen, be sure to rewrite all assignments to see if something is missing. Use check lists to make sure you haven't skipped over an important event. Exercise will be good for stress. You should be fine... I envy you have that Mercury Transit... wanna trade for my Saturn?

Hopefully, an Astrologer well versed in Traditional Astrology can chime in with your chart and apply their techniques (such as sect and receptions) to give a clearer picture.

greybeard
06-07-2013, 05:18 AM
A good idea might be to ask for a horary reading, with a question based on what is of deepest concern to you. By specifying your concerns, you can get a specific answer to a specific question.

Just thought I'd toss that at you.

Kaiousei no Senshi
06-07-2013, 05:19 AM
Hi SirGeorge,

Firstly, we're going to have to figure out if Mercury even means anything to you at this particular time. I'm sure you've noticed in the past (assuming you've being following transits for a bit) that some transits work and other just don't seem to produce anything. Retrograde phases are very similar in this regard. Sometimes they mess things up, and other times they pass by seemingly unnoticed.

The way this works traditionally is you have to look and see if Mercury is activated by a time lord technique. The only technique I really use is profections, which is relatively basic, but the idea is we advance the sign on the Ascendant one sign for every year of life, and these of course would repeat every 12 years.

Unfortunately you didn't include your birth information in the chart, so I have no way of knowing what your age is. XD

SirGeorge
06-07-2013, 10:29 AM
@greybeard The degree is in Football (Soccer) Management. In the 9th house I have natally Chiron and Jupiter. Transits that will happen to my 9th house: Jupiter will enter the 9th house in a month or so! Mars and the Sun will also enter this house in a few days :smile:

Unfortunately they will oppose Uranus, Neptune and Saturn in my 3rd house but they will sextile my 7th house Mars and my 11th house Moon (9th house ruler) and Mercury. They will also trine my Ascendant and Pluto in Scorpio. I'm a bit sceptical over the oppositions on Uranus,Neptune and Saturn.

@wintersprite1 I wouldn't trade the Saturn transit but you have my support and understanding because Saturn is now on my Ascendant and I am feeling the burden! Wish you best of luck and don't worry we will get through this! I liked your way of double-checking and re-visiting your assignments maybe I should do the same in July that I will experience this Mercury transit. :unsure:

@Kaiousei no Senshi You are right about some transits that don't work at all but Mercury is strong in my natal by being in Virgo (ruler) and in part of an Earth Grand Trine. Can you expand a bit on the Time Lord technique? My details are: 22nd of August 1990, 11:25AM, Nicosia, Cyprus

may28gemini
06-11-2013, 11:29 AM
I received my Master's when T Saturn was in Leo (detriment) transiting through my 11th house and conjunct my NN. Saturn didn't delay me from obtaining my degree. As a matter of fact, I killed it during my thesis defense.

Edited by moderator

wintersprite1
06-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I received my Master's when T Saturn was in Leo (detriment) transiting through my 11th house and conjunct my NN. Saturn didn't delay me from obtaining my degree. As a matter of fact, I killed it during my thesis defense.

In Traditional Astrology Higher Education is a 9th house domain. Saturn Transit in the 11th house would speak more of problems materializing wishes, fraternal organizations, and loosely of generalized friends. It is known as the house of Bona Fortuna. Maybe ankle problems arose. Deb Houlding's 11th house from Temples of the Sky (http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h11.html)

Kaiousei no Senshi
06-11-2013, 08:22 PM
@Kaiousei no Senshi You are right about some transits that don't work at all but Mercury is strong in my natal by being in Virgo (ruler) and in part of an Earth Grand Trine. Can you expand a bit on the Time Lord technique? My details are: 22nd of August 1990, 11:25AM, Nicosia, Cyprus

Okay, so you're 22 years old and you're in an Eleventh house profection year, so whatever planet rules your 11th house is going to be a time lord for you until your next birthday. For you, that is Mercury so aspects from transiting planets to your natal Mercury as well as the activities of transiting Mercury are going to be important for you to take into consideration, so there is a real possibility that this retrograde Mercury cycle (and others this year) will be/have been active.

There are a few ways to figure out how this is going to go. The first is by examining natal Mercury. In your chart she's in her own domicile and in a good house, but she's out of sect and I'm a bit suspicious of that Trine to a Mars in detriment. Another way is to reflect on what was going on the last time you experienced an eleventh house profection. So, if you can recall any big events and whether they were good or bad from when you were 10. Lastly, and probably the most useful is to look back at the other Mercury retrogrades this year and see what was going on in your life during those times.

Ryan Kurczak
06-12-2013, 04:20 PM
After June 26th, Jupiter will be in a very good transit sign and can neutralize many difficulties and give greater opportunities.

I've found there are other factors that need to be considered rather than just Mercury retrograde. It's common and made too big a deal in general.

aquarius7000
06-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Hi
.....I've found there are other factors that need to be considered rather than just Mercury retrograde. It's common and made too big a deal in general.
In principle, I concur. However, you can't throw caution to the winds on Merc-related matters when Merc goes rx, so I understand the OP's initial concern. Only, the date he starts his course is quite prior to Merc going rx

:)AQ7

JUPITERASC
06-12-2013, 08:17 PM
After June 26th, Jupiter will be in a very good transit sign and can neutralize many difficulties and give greater opportunities.

I've found there are other factors that need to be considered rather than just Mercury retrograde. It's common and made too big a deal in general.
Apparently Mercury Retrograde is an ideal time to do research :smile:

Kaiousei no Senshi
06-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Only, the date he starts his course is quite prior to Merc going rx

Unfortunately transits to and from time lords don't just effect us when we're beginning something. They effect us all the time and they don't wait for random life events to become activated. The Mercury retro period could show difficulties emerging that get in the way of the OP completing his coursework or the coursework somehow being less fulfilling. The date the course starts is irrelevant to these considerations.

Of course, after the OP's birthday, they'll go into a 12th house profection year and switch time lords, so the Mercury retrograde will be the least of their worries after that as 12th house profections tend to be difficult.

Marinka
06-17-2013, 10:20 PM

I agree with this, Jupiter transiting the ninth is going to be very beneficial in the long run to your educational pursuits. Mercury could cause minor difficulties in: miscommunication, delays, paperwork errors but, rather than delaying your pursuits ... double check all papers, do needed repairs/upgrades on computers so they don't break, and get any delayed car repairs done and in general ... just accept that there might be some delays.

aquarius7000
06-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Hi,
Unfortunately transits to and from time lords don't just effect us when we're beginning something. They effect us all the time and they don't wait for random life events to become activated. The Mercury retro period could show difficulties emerging that get in the way of the OP completing his coursework or the coursework somehow being less fulfilling. The date the course starts is irrelevant to these considerations....
It goes w/o saying that transits (forward and retro) affect us all the time. That said, what I would still like to stick to is that in certain planet-related matters, such as booking travels, or the e.g. at hand here, I would most certainly consider the movement of that specific planet - Merc here. At least that is the way I look at it.

Of course, in a natal chart, one would not just look at the rx planet, but the other transits, etc, as well, which might mitigate the possible effects of, for instance, an rx Merc.

:)AQ7