Tibetan astrology

Atria

Yes¡¡ thank you michael, I m a tibetan adept , i m very interest in all tibetan teachings. I learned a little of tibetan language with Lama Rinchen, but only a year and it was very good for me. thanks¡¡

tsquare

[SIZE=-1]I have just been reading "The Third Eye" by Lobsang Rampa.
Tibetan astrology looks VERY interesting, and it seems the tibetans use astrology more then what I expected. Very good book so far, although it doesn't cover astrology too much. He studied astro. quite a bit, but for anyone interested in some intro into the life of a tibetan monk it covers that well. Everything from astral travel to seeing energies directly, to what I thought was odd and somewhat frightening, the opening of his third eye.

The opening of his third eye was done with force. The monks had come up with some way of finding his last incarnation through astrology and that is the reason he ended up in a monastary as a monk in the first place. Anyway, to make a long story short, the monks did some form of lobotomy on him.....that's what it looked like to me....sorry, only he didn't end up comotose or anything like that....

They took a metal rod, heated it, and placed it on his forehead penatrating the bone, and then after this was done they put some stick in his head and put him in a dark room for a few days and then after that he could see energies easier....like it opened up his clarovoyant ability or something.
The way I put it here is far different from what is in the book where he goes into more detail about it.
Odd is all i can say..............Horror is what I thought of first, but they at least seemed to know what they were doing.
These high altitude boys are interesting to say the least.

I guess to get back to more of an astro theme, I was supprised by how much they use it in their daily lives......and it seems that the extent of what is there in Tibetan Astro. is more then what I expected. And I'm a little lost when he starts talking about time conversions to "star time" I wish He'd go into it more.
This is the first Book of his I have read( Im only half through it now) and I have no idea if he has any astrology books out there....I hope so.

I just happened upon his book, this one anyway while doing some research on an out of body experience I had while in high school, I could see the "silver cord" that ties the "ego" to the body, I could also move around in the physical universe (while exterior) extremely well....like I could appear over here, and then reapear back at the body but yet outside of it, controling it from outside. I could see auras, blues reads yellows, golds, greys....all sorts of energy emanations on peoples body's, it was a phenomenal experence.....ability, that I wouldn't mind reachieving while concious, not just while sleeping or whatever. I could tell what people were going to do and how they were going to act by their colors that they ematated at one another or the colors that came off of their bodies....
The colors at times looked like fire coming off of peoples bodies....but transparent and swearling........like dancing energy, or smoke swirling in the air at times.
I have been wondering if I could pinpoint the occurence by what was going on astrologically.....looks like alot of work but I'm curious, and desierous for that liberation that I had from the body that day. It only lasted a day, but being outside of time.........its quite the experience...especially while concious and still able to act in/upon the physical from another plane.

It looks overwealming the more I look at it(tibetan astro.) being that I don't speak the language(whatever it is) and I also would have no idea where to start, but it looks very very interesting so far.
I just did a google search and came up with all kinds of stuff that initially looks facinating, like different charts for finding out where the planatry energies are taking place in the body and mabie even remedies....there's alot there........even times that are better for meditation practices.......looks wild.

Im going to have to check out the link above as well, thanks Michael.

Anyone have any advice for someone just geting into the subject of tibetan astro?? Mabie a good starter book or a hint on where to get some decent free softwear...I ran across alot of that.

Im really interested but the subject looks deep, complex, and mysterious from my current viewpoint.

Thanks, Tsquare

[/SIZE]

Last edited:

wayne penner

Just for the record Lobsang Rampa was outed as a con-man in England in the early seventies.

From Wikipedia: "The author of the book (The Third Eye) was a man named Cyril Henry Hoskin, who had been born in Plympton in Devon in 1910 and was the son of a plumber. Hoskin had never been to Tibet and spoke no Tibetan. In 1948, he had legally changed his name to Carl Kuon Suo before adopting the name Lobsang Rampa.

I read the book 30 years ago. It was a bit of fun, but the author is not who he claims to be.