PDA

View Full Version : New moon, fresh start...?

Panik
04-14-2013, 10:42 AM
The last new moon (Aries, 10th April) landed in my 10th house and made(?), triggered(?) an exact grand trine with my natal Uranus (Leo, 3rd) and Jupiter (Sag, 6th).

I'm in the midst of trying to kick-start a career which has ben very much in the doldrums for years now. I have a novel (published last year) that I'm about to re-launch, hopefully in a couple of weeks. I'm in the midst of preparing a number of projects (based around my blog, Twitter, and podcasts on itunes and You tube) to coincide with the re-publication.

So - New Moons = new starts, new beginnings (right?). And I have this - frankly, spectacular! - transit. I can't help but see this as a good omen for my writing career (10th, 3rd), even with all the hard work that's involved, now and for a long time to come (6th). I've also just had a very nice horary for the success of this venture I can't help but be optimistic. But (there always is one, isn't there?): I also have some very heavy outer planet transits going on. Which brings me to my questions, why I'm asking for advice.

I'm assuming the new moon is a short-term thing? Surely good news for the book launch, but how long could I expect the effect to last? The heavy stuff (Pluto is exactly conjunct Saturn. Also Saturn, Pluto, Uranus, and Neptune all aspecting each other quite closely) is more general/generational, rather than personal - they must be affecting the general atmosphere of my life right now. So, how do I mesh the big, dark stuff with the lighter(?) nature of a well-aspected New Moon in my predictions for this big career thing that's coming?

Any help interpreting this would be much appreciated!

Clinton Soule
08-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Panik, we had a New moon in the past 24 hours and William F. Lilly says the same in his Natal astrology as horary. And I've found in transits it is as Lilly says as in:

Erika's query, in HORARY in post #12:

http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/aphor/aphor.html (http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/aphor/aphor.html)

Quote:
#5. Have speciall regard to the strength and debility of the Moon, and it's farre better the Lord of the Ascendant be unfortunate then she, for she brings unto us the strength and vertue of all the other Planets, and of one Planet to another.

#23. Beware in all Judgments, when the Significator of the question is either Combust, or in Opposition to the Sun, he will then signifie nothing of the matter, no good, nor is be able to bring anything to perfection.

#26. A Planet within 12 degrees of the Sun, is said to be under his Beames, and then hath not fortitude, let it be in what Signe it will; when a Planet is within 16 minutes of the Sun, he is said to be in Cazimi, or heat of the Sun, and then it's an addition of fortune, and he is wonderous strong.

#35. In all Questions, know there's not so great an affliction to the Moon, as when she is in Conjunction with the SUN; the ill aspects of the infortunes doth much afflict her, but none so powerfull as her Combustion.

In other words the Lunation can be seen as a very bad omen as well as Luna opp Sol whether in horary, natal astrology, or transits..

Marinka
08-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Can you post your chart.

IMHO, new moons happen every month and in my experience tend more towards being a trigger if there are other heavier transits that it is involved in with your chart. By itself, I would think very limited duration ...

Panik
08-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Clinton Soule (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/member.php?u=37178), Marinka (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/member.php?u=38199), I'm so sorry, I haven't had notifications for either of your replies - or rather, I had an email about Clinton's this morning, 8th August - please accept my apologies for seeming to ignore you.

As it turned out, I only managed to re-launch the book on 29th July. I can draw up and post the chart for that, if anyone's still interested, after all this time. :sad:

Clinton Soule
08-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Better in a waxing Moon than when Luna is cjt Apollo!
Yes, show us the maps!

Panik
08-10-2013, 11:27 AM
OK. Chart attached. Thanks for your interest!

Marinka
08-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Post the natal chart with transits.

Panik
08-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Natal chart + transits for the re-launch - transits are for midnight, the actual launch was at 12.30pm. Thanks again.

Marinka
08-10-2013, 04:48 PM
A few things that I see --

- Jupiter is in your first house which brings opportunities to you. Publishing would be one type of activity that would be favorable. Make a point of trying to get out and do some one-on-one type of promoting as that should be effective.

- Jupiter will move onto your 2nd house of money in October of 2013 and stay there until about August of 2014. This could indicate an increase in the amount of money that is being moved through your hands and is favorable for money coming in but, in some cases this could indicate money moving out of your hands so wise to keep on top of finances.

- Natal Saturn in the 7th has been transited by Pluto which is bringing the activities of this house into focus and possibly renewal (since it is the house of relationships, this could have coincided with a breakup). Since this is a public house, it indicates to me that you have some work to do with the published work (and also relationships) in getting it in front of the public (the book not the relationship). Saturn would have also had a hit back in March and May of 2013 and the last pass is in January of 2014 before it continues on into the house.

- Natal Neptune at 8 Scorpio is being transited by Saturn as it moves through the 5th house. This would likely indicate some degree of creativity exists and with this transit, it was likely hard to be creative and since Pisces is ruler of the 11th, I suspect that maybe there were some difficulties previously in getting the book before institutional publishers.

JUPITERASC
08-10-2013, 09:51 PM
....I'm assuming the new moon is a short-term thing?
Not necessarily

A new moon influence is USUALLY active for four weeks :smile:

However, I notice when checking my Ephemeris, that

two weeks after the particular new moon that interests you occurred

there was a Full Moon Lunar ECLIPSE 25 April 2013 on the 5 Scorpio 5 Taurus axis

and since your natal moon is at 5 Taurus

And your natal sun is at 6 Leo

then this eclipse may have impacted your life.

An unexpected event may have occurred sometime during the four days before the actual eclipse

i.e. an unexpected event on 21/22/23/24/25 April 2013 or thereabouts

Sometimes the events produced by eclipses are fun and pleasant - but not always

Panik
08-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks so much for your help, but my natal sun is 23 Capricorn and my moon 0 Leo - are you referring to the chart of the book launch in July this year?

Panik
08-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Marinka, thank you so much for taking a look at my chart. What you say makes a lot of sense. It's been hard to see the wood for the trees lately. I've had a lot of 'Big' transits from and with Saturn, Neptune, Uranus and Pluto - still affecting me and likely to go on affecting me for some time - that picking something out, like hopes for a book launch - have been tricky. You're definitely right about the difficulties with publishing. I had an agent and publisher from earlier work I had published when I was working as a journalist. I didn't want to write the stuff I did then, any more. I wrote the fantasy novel I'd wanted to write for a decade and they didn't want to know. An editor liked the work, but wanted to alter so much that the book would no longer have been my work. I turned it down, didn't get the publishing deal and was dropped by my agent. I self-published the work last year. The few reviews I've had have been excellent, but self-publishing is very hard, far harder than I knew; the book just getting people to read it is SO hard. It's hardly been read at all - hence the re-launch.
Very interesting you mention getting out and doing some one-to-one. I've been invited to do a reading/signing at a popular cafe in in my old home town, where the book is set. I thought about trying to expand that to other locations, stop a few days, try and make a splash there. I shall definitely try that, then.
As for creative difficulties - for months, I've been completely blocked over the next novel and done very little work - that's gone away: I've written more in the last 3 weeks than the previous 6 months.
I've been watching the Pluto transit with trepidation (with 7 points and planets in Capricorn, it's going to be a factor for many years) but so far, nothing - nothing I'm aware of, certainly nothing in relationships which are all fine.
Thank you very much, anyway, for doing that, it's helped enormously. just one question: for queries of this sort, does the chart of the event itself have nothing to say at all? Is it all down entirely to transits to the natal chart?

JUPITERASC
08-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks so much for your help, but my natal sun is 23 Capricorn and my moon 0 Leo - are you referring to the chart of the book launch in July this year?
I refer to a chart posted earlier on this thread - if that is the chart for the book launch then my comments relate to eclipse impacts to that chart :smile:

Meanwhile in any event, since your natal sun is at 23 Capricorn then the full moon lunar Eclipse of 18 October 2013 at 25 Aries 45 shall square your natal sun

Marinka
08-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Marinka, thank you so much for taking a look at my chart. What you say makes a lot of sense. It's been hard to see the wood for the trees lately. I've had a lot of 'Big' transits from and with Saturn, Neptune, Uranus and Pluto - still affecting me and likely to go on affecting me for some time - that picking something out, like hopes for a book launch - have been tricky. You're definitely right about the difficulties with publishing. I had an agent and publisher from earlier work I had published when I was working as a journalist. I didn't want to write the stuff I did then, any more. I wrote the fantasy novel I'd wanted to write for a decade and they didn't want to know. An editor liked the work, but wanted to alter so much that the book would no longer have been my work. I turned it down, didn't get the publishing deal and was dropped by my agent. I self-published the work last year. The few reviews I've had have been excellent, but self-publishing is very hard, far harder than I knew; the book just getting people to read it is SO hard. It's hardly been read at all - hence the re-launch.
Very interesting you mention getting out and doing some one-to-one. I've been invited to do a reading/signing at a popular cafe in in my old home town, where the book is set. I thought about trying to expand that to other locations, stop a few days, try and make a splash there. I shall definitely try that, then.
As for creative difficulties - for months, I've been completely blocked over the next novel and done very little work - that's gone away: I've written more in the last 3 weeks than the previous 6 months.
I've been watching the Pluto transit with trepidation (with 7 points and planets in Capricorn, it's going to be a factor for many years) but so far, nothing - nothing I'm aware of, certainly nothing in relationships which are all fine.
Thank you very much, anyway, for doing that, it's helped enormously. just one question: for queries of this sort, does the chart of the event itself have nothing to say at all? Is it all down entirely to transits to the natal chart?

Yup, pretty much all about the natal chart and the transits (along with progressions & solar arcs/directions) is what I typically use. This is not to say that a horary or an event chart won't help but, I would consider them supplementary. The horary can provide detailed information about a specific requirement that you might not get from a natal chart because it would take too long while the event chart can also provide detailed information but, the need is to have a valid date and time which can be difficult to determine based on what the need is for the event.

For example, most of my practice is corporate work with research into medical issues & terrorism along with natural disasters and while I use incorporation dates for the corporations, I find that I get the best results lately from the IPO (Initial Public Offering) charts because this is the date and time that a corporation went public or when the stock was available for purchase so what I see from an IPO chart is the life (and money) of the "public company" including the stock price which is much more suited for my needs. So, in this case, I want the public reaction to the company and because of that, the event chart of the "IPO" works. In your case with the publishing of a book, what do you use as an event .. the time the first book came off the press ... the first sale ... the first book ordered by a book store .... the first time the book is looked at by a customer on an on-line retailer. My take - hard to get an accurate date and time for the event (not impossible, just hard).

Panik
08-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi - thanks again. The chart I used was for the moment I uploaded it. For a traditionally published work, like my earlier novel, I appreciate that it wouldn't be possible to get an exact date and time. As it's a self-published book, it was 'live' from that moment on - anyone could order and receive a print copy or ebook from that moment and - with an interest in astrology, obviously, I made a note of the time and drew up the chart. That sounds a little like your IPO charts, if I'm understanding that correctly. I was stunned when I looked at it, it's so... kinetic! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad. :) Anyway - thanks so much for taking the time; what you told me was pertinent and fascinating. Thanks a lot.

Marinka
08-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi - thanks again. The chart I used was for the moment I uploaded it. For a traditionally published work, like my earlier novel, I appreciate that it wouldn't be possible to get an exact date and time. As it's a self-published book, it was 'live' from that moment on - anyone could order and receive a print copy or ebook from that moment and - with an interest in astrology, obviously, I made a note of the time and drew up the chart. That sounds a little like your IPO charts, if I'm understanding that correctly. I was stunned when I looked at it, it's so... kinetic! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad. :) Anyway - thanks so much for taking the time; what you told me was pertinent and fascinating. Thanks a lot.

The time of upload would work as that would be the time that someone could order it - so the chart could be used to see orders of the book and as an offset, the money that it will make. If the book ever gets taken by a traditional publisher, this chart of the self-publishing would die and a new one would have to be erected --- although, as you mentioned, in traditional publishing it is difficult to get the "birth" of the book. Also in traditional publishing, once the contracts are signed, your relationship to the book ends and a relationship starts with the publisher which would own the book going forward.

The other dates that might be important in publishing might be the date and time when you got the ISBN and assigned it to the book as that could also be considered a birth and the date and time that you actually finished the work as that would be the "real birth" of the child and would continue through any self-publishing or traditional publishing.