Joan of Arc

freedomlover

Jagetoile posted an intriguing bit of astrological information on Shining Ray's "Feminism and Man-Haters" thread. She wrote:
I was just reading Martin Schulman, and by synchronocity (accident) i turned to this page talking about retrograde Mars in the 7th in a woman's horoscope: "In a woman's horoscope this placement often indicates a past life hatred for men. In this life she will tend to look for reasons to justify their feelings...."
I have studied Joan of Arc's life for years, and so was familiar with her chart. Jagetoile's remark caused me to instantly recall that Joan of Arc has Mars in the 7th in her chart -and conjunct Uranus, to boot!

I stumbled across this chart on the net some time ago. I don't remember who did it now. But I do remember it was a professional astrologer who had spent a lot of time rectifying it with what was known about her life. The astrologer may have had other astrologer's input on it, as well. The birth date had to be adjusted, too, because it was in Gregorian time, I think.

Anyway, I found it to be extremely accurate, according to what I've studied about her life. I thought it would be interesting for the forum members to study.

I'm an asteroid junkie, and so I have posted the chart with what I felt were some relevant asteroids. If you do not use asteroids, please forgive me and pardon the clutter.;)

View Joan of Arc's natal chart

(If you're having trouble viewing the chart,just click on it to enlarge.)

Last edited:

freedomlover

In honor of Venus in Aries going retrograde, I thought I would "go back" to a thread about a very Venus in Aries type female. For some reason, it never received any attention when I created the thread, back in July'07. Perhaps it will be better received now.

winterseye

I like fire Venus :) What do you think the difference between mars conj uranus versus sun conj uranus is (for her)... more likely to fight for eccentric causes?

freedomlover

Winterseye,

I like fire Venus :) What do you think the difference between mars conj uranus versus sun conj uranus is (for her)... more likely to fight for eccentric causes?

Well, Joan of Arc's Mars/Uranus conjunction is in Aquarius in the 7th house.
It is obvious to me that one of life lessons was to learn equality with men. Saturn(r) in Gemini in the 11th is also trine her DSC. Communication as equals emphasized again here. Venus in Sag/5th gave her great courage, but also probably felt more "religious" with men than "equal". (Venus in Sag/5th sextiles the Mars/Uranus in Aquarius conjunction in the 7th) Sagittarius can also carry lots of resentment against men.

Venus loosely opposing Saturn(r) in Gemini. Venus rules the 11th. Perhaps she was good at the big picture but not the details? The ruler of the 9th is Jupiter in Scorpio in the 9th - perhaps she didn't really trust God - saw God in the image of her father (Jup in 4th). Venus and Jupiter are semi-sextile, which often indicates "a blind spot" - something "you didn't see coming". Something did go horribly awry in her mission.

Venus rules the 11th, which I would take as her "cause" - and 9th being her faith/belief system. Her Moon is in the 9th in Pisces, and rules her 12th. She seemed to have a "rescuer/martyr/sacrifice/victim" type belief system that was much of her self-undoing (12th house)

I'm not sure what you're asking, Winterseye, about the Sun/Uranus conjunction, but it's interesting that you ask it as the current Sun/Uranus in Pisces is transiting Joan of Arc's natal Moon in Pisces in the 9th ( ruler of her 12th)

Thanks for the input!

FL

winterseye

That's interesting Freedom. I was wondering if she'd have been different with a sun conjunct uranus rather than a mars conjunct uranus.. if that's of any interest to ya.

freedomlover

winterseye said:
That's interesting Freedom. I was wondering if she'd have been different with a sun conjunct uranus rather than a mars conjunct uranus.. if that's of any interest to ya.
Well, Winterseye, I thought on this awhile. I came to the conclusion that it would depend on what sign and house the Sun/Uranus conjunction was in. For example, I think that a Sun/Uranus conjunction in her 9th in Pisces, preferably conjunct her Moon in Pisces, could have been extremely beneficial to her.

You brought the subject up - do YOU have any thoughts about a Sun/Uranus conjunction that she could have had vs. the Mars/Uranus conjunction that she did have?

FL

Last edited:

winterseye

ah FL, fair enough :) I think the Sun-Uranus would be more definitely a sign of eccentricity, or being one's own person, but the way that it could manifest is more broad. Whereas a Mars-Uranus would be unique and assertive but more to the order of being aggressive about it. So for Joan, the Mars-Uranus is what channels it into warfare, as I understand it.