PDA

View Full Version : south node conjunct saturn

helentucker
02-11-2013, 02:50 AM
hiya, was led here by a post about south node conjuct saturn, and now i am a member i cannot find it!

i have this conjunction, bain of my life, is opposite my natal moon and am deeply not understanding it.

saturn 10 aquarius, south node 9 aquarius
moon 3 leo, north node 9 aquarius.

2nd house saturn/eight house moon.

adopted as baby...adoptive mother had her sun conjuct my south node/saturn, as did ex husband...natural mother had her sun conjuct my moon...

had a lot of emotional pain from the two people with their suns on my south node configuration...

am 50 years old now and still dont get it...any nutshell answers please :) !!
many thanks
h
x

Kaiousei no Senshi
02-11-2013, 05:09 AM
Typically the SN is just a very malefic point, but what it does exactly depends on who you read. Some authors say the SN conjunct a malefic is good because the SN is a weakening influence, whereas others say the SN conjoined with a malefic is going to greatly increase the evil of the malefic. So, it would probably be best to see what Saturn represents in your chart to determine what exactly it is augmenting.

Claire19
02-18-2013, 11:06 PM
saturn conjunct south node is very karmic but you need to look at it as opposition to North Node. There will be info on that if you search online.

Martin Schulman has a book on it and reincarnation.

Rosmerta Mercury
02-18-2013, 11:21 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if there was a website I could use to find out the aspects with my south node. I have used astrodienst for most of my chart information, but unfortunately they don't even show the south node, let alone the aspects to it. I know I have south node Leo in the 5th house but I would like to know more.

Kaiousei no Senshi
02-18-2013, 11:53 PM
The SN is the point opposite your NN. So you can do a quick check of what planets aspect your NN to see what would also be aspecting your SN. However, I can't recall any authors writing about aspects the Nodes, you just want to check the planets that are conjoined to it and the house it's placed in.

It's always been something of a mystery as to why AstroDienst doesn't show it.

Moog
02-18-2013, 11:59 PM
I was complaining about the lack of south node here (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57447)

And the reason why it's not on the astro.com charts is in their FAQ (http://www.astro.com/faq/fq_fh_extra_e.htm);

Why is the South Node not displayed in the charts?

It is unnecessary because the South Node is always 180 opposite the North Node (which is given). Adding the South Node would clutter the chart drawing unnecessarily.

Kaiousei no Senshi
02-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Astro.com with their bajillion choices for celestial objects to insert into a chart worrying about filling one with unnecessary clutter.

There's a joke in there somewhere.

Moog
02-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Astro.com with their bajillion choices for celestial objects to insert into a chart worrying about filling one with unnecessary clutter.

There's a joke in there somewhere.

Indeed. :lol:

dr. farr
02-19-2013, 03:46 AM
Maybe the Dragon's Tail :devil:WANTS to remain hidden from the view (and consideration) of the tens of thousands who erect their charts using astro.com?:w00t:.....

Abby83
02-22-2013, 02:24 AM
2nd house is to do with values. My interpretation is that the past (south node conjunct saturn) has some unresolved issues relating to father or authority figure which are triggering your emotions (moon opposition). However, if the moon is conjunct north node like you say, then this is where you're heading. Whatever you're learning about your past and belief systems regarding relationships and parenthood, the north node is indicating where you are going after learning from this past.

Claire19
02-25-2013, 02:38 AM
Your north node is in Leo but too wide to be a conjunction to the Moon.
If you read Martin Schulmans book on the nodes it will be very enlightening. The house placement is important but Leo NN is all about personal creativity, often the guidance of children and lovers are karmic. Aquarius South Node is more group oriented in the past and concerned with the world at large and not personal relationships. It is persona love this time around and not group associations and the brotherhood or sisterhood.l We would need the whole chart to see what the real picture is.

wintersprite1
02-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Just a reminder to all....

Traditional Astrology is different than Karmic Astrology. Please keep the posts in the vein of Traditional in this forum. As for the Nodes being karmic? It would make for good information elsewhere on the forum and suggest starting a new thread there if that is what is going to be discussed.

TK

dr. farr
02-25-2013, 04:28 AM
From my perspective, SN conjunct (OR Parallel!) any planet indicates the potential for whatever the difficult negative or disruptive side (quality) of that planet might be, to have a tendency to manifest: certainly it would be a sign (warning) of a weak or susceptible point in the chart, to be made aware of.