How To Do Return Charts

Coffee

Banned
A planetary return chart gives you a future prediction for the house in question that the planet rules.

An example...

I have Leo on my 7th.

A solar return, for me, would give me information about my 7th house issues for the next year.

Once you know what area of your natal chart the return will give information on, you look at what house the ruling planets sign is on. If Leo is on the 3rd in the return chart, you'll find your 7th house issues for the next year (Leo on 7th in natal) to be related to 3rd house issues (Leo on 3rd in return chart)

If I want to know about my Mars return, I see that Aries is on my 3rd house in my natal chart. So, my Mars return will tell me all about 3rd house issues for the coming 2 year cycle (Mars takes 2 years to travel the zodiac.) As Aries is on house 9 in my return chart, that means that my 3rd house issues for the next 2 year cycle (Aries on 3rd in natal) is all about 9th house issues (Aries on 9th house in return chart)

The common way for people to do return charts is to use them all as a general prediction tool - most likely used with the sun. This is wrong. The other way is to look at the meaning of the planet and use that to work what what the return will tell you all about. For example, A Venus return may tell you all about money and partner issues, whereas Saturn return may tell you all about responsibility. I disagree with this way of doing astrology as it's a very planet centred way of doing astrology. I advocate a house centred way of doing astrology.