Mod. Rulers with co-ruled sign of Trad. Ruler

eonechoes

Okay, so forgive me if this is a stupid question but I've been kind of wondering this lately. I also know that this isn't the best thread for this but I think it was the most fitting.

I was wondering what people thought of the connections of Uranus in Capricorn, Neptune in Sagittarius and Pluto in Aries. They have nothing to do with each other besides the fact that the sign modernly ruled by those planets is also ruled by the home planet of the listed signs. Is there any comradery or understanding?

starlink

Hi Shannon, no, there is nothing stupid in asking this, actually it is an intriguing question. I always wondered why Uranus was also assigned as co-ruler of Capricorn, because Uranus is totally excentric and original and Capricorn totally traditional and bound by rules. When I look at Neptune in Saggitarius, I can imagine this. It makes for intens dreaming, probably a bit spaced out but nevertheless, Sag. is very expansive, love for nature etc. and Nept. is also very sweet and somehow I can see that together, but only if Nept. is in good aspects, otherwise she flips out.(water and fire = steam).good for poetry and writing where imagination is asked for though!
Pluto I see doing real well in Aries (because Scorpio is ruled by Mars as well), but probably in a destructive way. Mars is sharp enough, but Pluto adds dominance and power which is not always used properly, so here also, I would like to see Pluto having good aspects. Both Mars and Pluto give the feel of aggressiveness, explosiveness, anger, you name it.
So yes, I can see why Neptune was assigned to Saggitarius . Pluto is not co-ruler of Aries though. Mars is co-ruler of Scorpio.

Themis

this is a very good question. I think that's because these signs in pairs share the same traditional ruler: Sagitarrius and Pisces shares Jupiter. Aquarius and Capricorn shares Saturn. Aries and Scorpio shares Mars. the signs ruled by the same ruler has some kind of affinity. in horary if they are at the cusp. of 2 houses, and the 2 houses are deemed to have a certain kind of link by sharing the same ruler.

eonechoes

I thought the same thing about Pluto in Aries and Neptune in Sagittarius being different from Uranus in Capricorn. The first two certainly seemed to be more powerful than the latter. That's interesting. Thank you both for your insights! :)

overthetop10

Uranus in Capricorn offers a supreme ability to shatter old structures and a genius for replacing them with new ones.

Neptune in Sagittarius is the ultimate in faith and the ability to lose the self in higher ideals.

Pluto in Aries gives transformation and powerful destiny the raw drive of primacy, an explosive combination.

The modern planets are quite compatible with these placements, and in fact easier to interpret than say, Neptune in Gemini or Uranus in Virgo or Pluto in Libra...

Just my two cents.

Derek

AquarianEssence

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask, where did the idea of assigning Uranus to Capricorn come from? Everything I've ever read in my library or on the net gives Uranus only to Aquarius and assumes exaltation in Scorpio. Someone wrote elsewhere today that Uranus is co-ruler of Capricorn so I googled and findit mentioned no where but here. What is the source this comes from please?