PDA

View Full Version : Uranus exalted in Scorpio meaning?

Linzul
11-29-2012, 07:21 AM
My google search came back with a lot of links regarding whether Uranus or Pluto is the 'actual' ruler of Scorpio rather than what it means. Or what an exalted placement is rather than what Uranus exalted in Scorpio means specifically.

Since moving on from houses and sun,moon, ascendant things have gotten a tad more interesting on the learning front. Mercury exalted in Virgo was easy enough, but this seems to be a placement of contention amongst astrologers themselves so interpretation is hard.

Chart attached, any help here would be appreciated.

Linzul
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM
There's like a secret forums handshake I don't know or something. When I post it's a thread killer. I'll go buy a book or something.

NeptuneRising
12-02-2012, 06:35 PM
There's like a secret forums handshake I don't know or something. When I post it's a thread killer. I'll go buy a book or something.

What do you mean?

miquar
12-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi. I've started threads and had zero response - its largely luck catching the attention of someone whose interested in that thread, I think.

Many astrologers take Mercury as the ruler of Gemini and Virgo, and use Aquarius as its sign of exaltation. This makes sense in that Virgo doesn't have a ruler if Mercury is in exaltation rather than domicile there. Although Dignities and debilities have a place in understanding the way the planets are expressed in various signs, I wouldn't see them as a fundamental factor when interpreting a chart. They are more of a reminder of some of the more straightforward or tricky planet-sign combinations.

If you look on the Rudhyar archive site, there's something about exaltations in one of the articles published there.

Many astrologers are puzzled by the exaltation of Uranus in Scorpio. Some say Neptune is exalted in Cancer while others say Leo. I'm not sure if there is a definite exaltation for Pluto - others may know differently. I would be especially wary of using exaltations for the outer planets at all.

NeptuneRising
12-02-2012, 08:34 PM
yes I noticed Linda-goodman.com replies more

JUPITERASC
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM
My google search came back with a lot of links regarding whether Uranus or Pluto is the 'actual' ruler of Scorpio rather than what it means. Or what an exalted placement is rather than what Uranus exalted in Scorpio means specifically.

Since moving on from houses and sun,moon, ascendant things have gotten a tad more interesting on the learning front. Mercury exalted in Virgo was easy enough, but this seems to be a placement of contention amongst astrologers themselves so interpretation is hard.

Chart attached, any help here would be appreciated.
Table of Essential Dignity & Debility of the Planets is viewable at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html :smile:

As you can see on that table, Mars is the ruler of Scorpio
also
Neither Uranus nor Pluto have any Exaltation on that table either

In any event, as Miquar commented. there is no consensus amongst astrologers
....Many astrologers are puzzled by the exaltation of Uranus in Scorpio. Some say Neptune is exalted in Cancer while others say Leo. I'm not sure if there is a definite exaltation for Pluto - others may know differently. I would be especially wary of using exaltations for the outer planets at all.

may28gemini
04-01-2013, 01:04 AM
I don't think the outer planets have any sort of exaltation, debilities, or dignitaries. They are outer planets and last a long time in each sign which doesn't lead to "personal" effects on individuals as it operates on sweeping generational basis.

Mercury is the only planet that doesn't have an exalted sign because it's the only neutral planet. There's formulas for determining what sign exalts in what planet based upon the planet inhabiting either diurnal or nocturnal sect. Mercury is adaptable and therefore neutral so he inhabits NEITHER sect. It's just domicile in Gemini and Virgo and detriment in Sagittarius and Pisces. Mercury can NEVER "exalt" in fixed air. That's gross and stifling. Capricorn Mercury is far more brilliant than Aqua Mercury could ever be.

Modern astrologers are idiots and think that every planet must have an exalted, detriment, fallen, domicile point. The Ancient Greeks knew what they were doing when designed Western Astrology.

Claire19
04-04-2013, 05:52 AM
Uranus rules Aquarius. Where on Earth would anyone get the idea that Scorpio is an any way connected to Uranus??

Pluto rules nothing, it is not a planet. Mars will be connected to Scorpio until we find something more appropriate, may not happen.