Another pregnancy question

azrina

Hi!
I’m almost 30 years old, and lately I’ve been going through a rough period in my life.
I’ve come to a point where I’m not sure what should be my next step. As I see it –its either pursuing career far away from the place of my birth or staying here and trying to work things out.

Also, my greatest desire is to have a baby. How soon can I hope for it?

Question was asked on April24th, 2007 at 12:05pm, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3;btyp=w2gw&nhor=1&cid=hhcfilefU2lqt-u1177493947

I am really new to horary astrology but I am now going to try to give basic: My significator is Sun in Taurus, 10th house. My co-significator is Moon on the Asc., Leo. 5th house represents child/children - in this chart that would be Sag. and it's ruler Jupiter is in same house!
There is no aspect between Jupiter/Sun-Moon? Saturn in first house? Jupiter is retrograde?....And all my knowledge stops at this point.

It seems that many of us are interested in a same questionJ, and I would really appreciate if someone could find some time to give me some insight.
Thanks a lot!

astro.teacher

Before answering this question its important to ask, is this baby coming through marriage or out of marriage? For if its in marriage the answer is found in the 11th House and if its out in the 5th. The 5th is also used for general but if you want a specific answer look to the 11th.

azrina

I just got out of a very difficult and long relationshiop,and therfore there is no possibility of a marriage.
However,I would be more than happy to have a baby in any circumstances.
So what I've asked for is in general,if the baby will come and how soon could that be?

Thank You!:)

archergirl

Hello Azrina,

Speaking only for myself, as the mother of two children, I cannot emphasise strongly enough that raising children requires two people in partnership, whether they are married or not; it takes *at least* two people to raise a child in a healthy environment. Being a single mother is very, very difficult, and disadvantages both the mother AND the children on many different levels: emotionally, socially, economically. I do not understand why *any* woman would be happy to have a child 'under any circumstances', when childrearing is challenging enough when you have a stable, financially well-off couple.

Especially as you have just come out of a long and difficult relationship, I am wondering why having a baby is so important to you at this time? Do you feel that having a baby would 'fill' your life somehow, or make you feel less alone? These are valid questions to ask, especially since you don't indicate that you are seeing anyone else, someone who is the 'potential' father of the child. Sometimes wanting a baby is a biological urge; sometimes there are other reasons, too, underneath!

Be that as it may, your chart:

I would be very cautious about this question. Saturn sits in the 1st house, which is one of the prohibitions Lilly lists against judging the chart. But we can try.

The Moon sits on the Ascendant, indicating that you have a lot of emotional energy wrapped up in this question.

Jupiter, 5th ruler, *does* sit in its own house, in domicile. This would be an indication of the *ability* to conceive a child, according to Lilly. But Jupiter is retrograde, indicating a change of conditions, or a situation that is likely to change and change again. Jupiter is retrograding back to trine Saturn. Saturn is the great prohibiter, and signifies delays and obstructions. It also rules your 6th house of health, indicating that your vitality may be down and your health not as strong as you would wish. Jupiter is also in a 'barren' sign; this does not mean that you are barren, but that the situation may be 'barren' at this time.

You, represented by the Sun, are in mutual reception with the Moon (your emotions); this is a question that is definitely on your mind, but the Sun and Moon separate by square. This may indicate a conflict between your emotions and your intellect. The Sun and Moon are both peregrine (without strength); this may indicate a feeling of not being 'in control' or of not having very much power in your situation, or as you said, you are coming out of a difficult time in your life. Since the Moon moves to conjunct Saturn, this would further emphasise that having a child will not happen at this time.

Azrina, the first part of your post indicates that you are at something of a crossroads in your life, and are feeling a bit lost or undecided. Since you are nearly 30, you are probably going through your Saturn Return right now, and would benefit a GREAT deal from just slowing down and thinking about the direction you want to take your life.

You might benefit from posting your natal chart onto the natal section, and having people advise you on your other transits and what sorts of events might be coming up for you. :)

There is a reason that Jupiter (pregnancy) is moving back to trine Saturn, the prohibiter, in this chart. From my perspective as an astrology student AND a mother, the chart is saying that having a baby is not in your best interests right now; slow down, use this time to figure out *who* you are and where you want to go. You may feel, somewhere inside, that having a baby will make everything else in your life 'fit together' better; I promise you, they don't! :) If your life is complicated now, a child will make it even more complicated; and I am sure you would not want to find yourself in a place where the thing you wanted the most (baby), becomes the thing that keeps you in a life situation where you don't want to be!

It is much, much better for you to find your place in the world, and *then* have a baby. Sometimes life doesn't work out this way, but if it is in your power to do this, then you should. You will not regret the delay. Babies really do their best if they have two parents, or one parent who is both emotionally (and especially) financially able to give them a stable environment.

I wish you the best of luck.

Best wishes,
AG:)

Last edited: