Going to Greece for fieldwork

Seraphina

Hello everyone,

I have a question which pertains to my upcoming trip to Greece. In particular I'm going to be in the Cyclades for an archaeological fieldschool from this May to mid-June.

My question is: How will I perform (academically) in this fieldschool?

I'm not sure how else I can phrase this question....nevertheless I've timed the question at 1:31 PM Toronto, Ontario today (april 15 2007).

I ask because I'm certainly nervous about this trip. This will be my first archaeological field work experience, and I'm curious about what to expect, beyond the obvious grunt labor....

In the horary I cast I see the ruler of the Asc(leo), the sun is in the 9th house...so this seems appropriate, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to make much of this on my own.

Anyone's insight would be greatly appreciated! And if it helps, my natal info is: Dec 29, 1984, Toronto Canada, 10:33 PM

Thank you!
Seraphina

archergirl

Hi Seraphina,

I cannot tell you how deeply envious I am of you! Fieldwork in Greece is this particular Archergirl's fantasy trip! :D

Curious chart. Ascendant Lord is the Sun, Mars is the hour ruler. I believe you will do pretty well: you as the Sun are in the sign of your own exaltation, and are culminating at the Midheaven, which speaks of achievement. The study trip itself is represented by Jupiter, in its own sign, in the house of pleasure and fun. It *is* retrograde, so it may not be all fun and games, as you rightly expect with grunt work. The Sun and Jupiter are separating from a trine, but are still well within orb.

The Moon is very early, only 0 degrees Aries and some arcminutes, also placed in the 9th house. I believe this may represent *you* in your status as rookie archaeologist. The Moon's next application is by sextile, to Venus, which rules both the 11th of hopes/wishes, and the 4th, which rules 'the end of the matter'. It then conjuncts Mercury, which I *believe* might rule 'grades' (3rd house). Someone can pull me up on this if I'm wrong!

The only fly in the ointment is Saturn, sitting there in your first. Saturn rules both your 6th of health (and hard labour), and the 7th of 'others'. My inclination is to say that it is probably the 6th that is important here: you will be working hard, in a foreign country (with fantastic food! Oh, envy....) and so will need to watch your health. This is especially true because there is both a separating trine, still within orb, *and* reception between Saturn and the Sun, but not necessarily a postive one. Saturn is in the Sun's sign (so, say, the illness 'takes to' you; and the Sun is in the sign of Saturn's fall (working too hard isn't good for you).

But Saturn is also touched by Jupiter, and you are touched by both Jupiter and, via the Moon, Venus.

In other words, you'll do just fine.

Just have a great time. Thirty years from now, you won't remember what grade you got. You *WILL* remember your trip, probably with very fond memories.

Do keep us posted!

Best wishes,
AG:)

Last edited:

Seraphina

Hi Archergirl,

Thank you very much for your thoughts on the chart! I certainly anticipate health problems, and I'm trying to prepare for that accordingly...I'll be a walking pharmacy/first-aid kit lol.

Your right about the memories...grades won't matter later :)

Re: food...apparently on site we can only eat sardines ;P........but I'm looking forward to the before and after fieldwork food

I'll update once I get back!

thank you
- Seraphina

archergirl

Greece will knock your socks off. I loved it there. If you can get the sardines *fresh* and grill them, oh! love on a stick. Have fun!

AG:)