PDA

View Full Version : Debilitated planets in synastry aspects

luxsaxon
08-06-2012, 10:15 PM
If two planets make a challenging aspect in synastry, will it be less difficult if they are debilitated.
For example: will Mars in Libra square Saturn in Cancer be less difficult than, lets say, Mars in Aries square Saturn in Capricorn.

Moog
08-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Hmm, good question.

I see debilitated planets causing more problems generally, and I would have thought it would be the same in a relationship.

luxsaxon
08-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Hmm, good question.

I see debilitated planets causing more problems generally, and I would have thought it would be the same in a relationship.

But from my personal experience, my Saturn in Detriment (in Cancer in 12th house, ruler of 7th house) had much worse time from a square with someone's Mars in Aries, than with a square with someone's Mars in Detriment (in Libra). Maybe in synastry, when one planet is debilitated, and the other is not, the intensity of negative aspects increases, but when both planets are detrimented, it decreases.

AND this experience taught me that depending on being rulers, detriment, exalted, or in fall, planets making aspects in synastry modify the 'weight' of the aspect.
For example - the worst aspect for my Saturn in synastry was not square with Mars in Aries or Libra (at cafestrology web site it gets the maximum -4 points, one of the several the most negative aspects), but the conjunction with Mars in Cancer.
So I was thinking that maybe the intensity of the aspect decreases (at least with the negative aspects) if the planets are BOTH rulers of the sign, or both are detrimented, or in fall, or exalted.

tsmall
08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't think it's so much that the intensity of the aspect decreases as that the way it manifests will be different. The key to synastry aspects would be whether or not there is some form of reception for the harder aspects, and even some of the so-called easy ones.

I also think that it is important to try to understand each chart individually before comparing them for clues, like trying to understand the people and then looking at how well they will get along.

In the example you gave, with your debilitated Saturn square a domiciled Mars, your Saturn has "issues" and the other person's Mars is comfortable. That could explain why it was so challenging?

IleneK
08-07-2012, 02:34 PM
But from my personal experience, my Saturn in Detriment (in Cancer in 12th house, ruler of 7th house) had much worse time from a square with someone's Mars in Aries, than with a square with someone's Mars in Detriment (in Libra). Maybe in synastry, when one planet is debilitated, and the other is not, the intensity of negative aspects increases, but when both planets are detrimented, it decreases.

AND this experience taught me that depending on being rulers, detriment, exalted, or in fall, planets making aspects in synastry modify the 'weight' of the aspect.
For example - the worst aspect for my Saturn in synastry was not square with Mars in Aries or Libra (at cafestrology web site it gets the maximum -4 points, one of the several the most negative aspects), but the conjunction with Mars in Cancer.
So I was thinking that maybe the intensity of the aspect decreases (at least with the negative aspects) if the planets are BOTH rulers of the sign, or both are detrimented, or in fall, or exalted.

Hi, luxsaxon.

I find your thoughts interesting. I'm am a little confused about your point, whether you feel that two aspecting planets in their detriment, fall or exaltation have less intensity of negative effects or more intensity.

You initially suggest that "when both planets are detrimented," the intensity of the negative aspects decreases. The example you give is a square to your Saturn in detriment [Cancer] from Mars in its detriment [Libra].

But then you close with an example of how the worst aspect is between Saturn in its detriment in conjunction with Mars in its fall [Cancer].

I wonder if you might help me clear up my misunderstanding?

Thanks,

luxsaxon
08-07-2012, 05:38 PM
You initially suggest that "when both planets are detrimented," the intensity of the negative aspects decreases. The example you give is a square to your Saturn in detriment [Cancer] from Mars in its detriment [Libra].

But then you close with an example of how the worst aspect is between Saturn in its detriment in conjunction with Mars in its fall [Cancer].

I wonder if you might help me clear up my misunderstanding?

Thanks,

Yes, the most intense negative experience was with Mars in Fall, and also I had negative experience (but not so strong) with people with Mars in domicile. Or maybe it is simply that for my Saturn it is easier to cope with a square aspect, than with conjunct in synastry. Maybe we cannot follow so strictly the weights given by astrologers (i.e. mars square Saturn maximum negative weight -4, Mars conjunct Saturn weight -3).