when will I work again?

Mia

Hi Everybody

I went for a job interview last week in a school (I mentioned this in the 'Void of course Moon' thread earlier). Well I didn't get it as it was a requirement that I do specific training before I start the job. The training was to have taken place this week - and I already had previous commitments of which I informed the interview panel. The interview and start date had all been brought forward and I was informed of this with only 24 hours notice! I thought this was all a bit untoward but pushed it to the back of my mind as I had left a well-paid position recently because of stress but was now beginning to worry about financial implications of this.

This had also been a very stressful job working with difficult learners with challenging behaviour and I'd done this for five years before leaving as I was experiencing extreme 'burn out' and it was affecting my health. I only found out after the interview for this new job that the training involved physically restraining pupils who had been expelled from main stream education and were now in a referral unit! There was some reference by the panel to 'difficult' pupils and they asked what I'd do in given situations but I wasn't aware of the severity of the situation - I thought the job was in a supportive teaching capacity and now feel that I certainly wasn't meant to get the position and that the gods were looking down on me!

Thank god I had other commitments which meant I couldn't do the training because I would have gone ahead with it because I'm now feeling 'guilty' as my partner is working and I'm not. He has been fully supportive of my decision to leave my last job and when I did tell him what I'd found out about this one he was shocked that I'd even considered it. However, I know that when we Really start missing my salary - within the next month, I may then become even more stressed with money worries - I was the main breadwinner and though we could (just!) get by on my partner's salary, I'm not looking forward to the stresses and strains. I have been looking for work but feel as if there are no doors open at the moment. I don't know if this is as things are meant to be for me for some reason.

I have asked the question 'When will I work again?' or 'Will I get this job' when seeing potential work several times now and have looked at the horary chart myself. I don't know much horary but I noted that each time I asked there was a lot of stuff in the twelfth house and the Moon too. The Moon tended to be void of course on several occasions too. Maybe this just describes my situation at the moment. As my own judgement may be wrong due to my lack of knowledge with horary, I am asking the question again, 'When will I work again?'. The time is now 09.06 am at Liverpool, England. I would be very grateful if someone could kindly have a look at this chart for me.

Many thanks and kind regards
Mia

Mia

Hi All

Just had a look at the chart myself. Mercury representing me is applying to Venus in 12th (again!) and is in detriment and fall and the Moon is applying to Saturn. Doesn't look very likely that I will be working in the near future then I would think, as the two planets representing me are not well placed. I would still appreciate any comments from the horary astrologers here if they can see anything positive in the situation or anything different to what I have commented.

Many thanks
Mia

archergirl

Hi Mia,

Venus is the ruler of the 6th, placed in the 12th. Venus has dignity in Taurus but is cadent. Since you are applying to sextile, I would say that there is still a chance you will find some work, perhaps in the next two 'somethings', either weeks or months, since there are two degrees separating them. Since you are Mercury in Pisces, you dispose Venus by exaltation, which may mean that it is a job that 'suits' you or fits your skills. That it is placed in the 12th is not necessarily a *discouraging* thing, since the 12th can represent institutions and places of confinement; it is not far out of your remit or job sector to find work in such a place.

However, the Moon applies by square to Venus, so either it will be a tough search or you won't be especially enamoured by what you find or get. The moon also applies to Saturn; heavy responsibilities. I'll poke around a bit more after I leave work! :p

Best wishes,
AG:)

Mia

Hi Archergirl

I so much appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question - I was hoping you would reply as I very much respect your horary skills and the insight you have given me in previous posts. Looks like it's a kind of two steps forward one step back kind of scenario eh. I'd noticed the two degrees between the applying Moon to Venus and wondered if something would happen in a two. I'd too also considered that the twelfth house Venus may be to do with the particular sector I work in. I'm happy too that I'm picking stuff up myself as you are discussing things that I'd thought myself and re-afirming what I'd considered - so I'm learning!
Regarding the 12th house Venus again, I have a friend who also works in this sector and who has told me there's a strong possibilty of some work with her in April. I'd kind have put it to the back of my mind but maybe something will come up there.

Again, thanks Archergirl
and very best wishes
Mia

archergirl

Cheers, Mia,

I do hope it works out well for you. Finding a good job that doesn't drive you nuts is always tough, especially when done under financial pressures. I think, however, that there is something to be said for trusting that things are A-OK exactly the way they are, and that when there are delays, they are there for a reason. As you have said, all those VOC moons may be guiding you toward something else.

Best wishes,
AG:)

Mia

Hi again Archergirl

Well, having been saying for ages that I would get back to my songwriting/recording, I've been doing this over the last couple of weeks (feel so much more relaxed and 'open' to writing and lyrics have just been pouring in-it's the only way I can describe it!).We - my partner ( he's and IT Developer in his 'day job' but also a great musician - it's how we met) and myself- recorded some stuff yesterday and we are SO happy with the results. We both think it's the best we've done. I was finding it hard to sing over the past year or so but I'm singing like a lark at the moment and enjoying it so much. So maybe our dream of some kind of publishing deal or something may come about yet - John Frawley once said that we would have some success. If we don't try we'll never know eh but I've not had the inclination to even try for such a long time.

Again
Thanks for your time and comments
Kind regards
Mia