Astropondios theory and the strength of planets in a chart

gbrunati

Overview:

The theory remarks the importance of a forth element in the horoscope interpretation: the Dominant Planet; after the Sun, the Moon and the Ascendant Sign. Expounds the criteria in the planet selection and explains the importance of the order of hierarchy of the rest of the celestial influences. Also suggest to the students and astrologers the use of the online Brunati's software to take in account the facility in the chart reading.

Part I

It is generally accepted in Astrology that the four basic elements in an Astral Chart are: The Solar Sign, the Lunar Sign, the Sign of the Ascendant and the Dominant Planet. Perhaps, due to the usual practice it is assigned the Sun as first, but the order of hierarchy is not a matter of discussion here, because all can have the same importance, depending on the culture, the approach or the point of view, etc. It will always be who gives more importance to one than to another. Our Western culture uses to designate the Sun as the most important, and we have ourselves customized for that reason to give it first priority, nevertheless, in the Eastern cultures, Holistic and the Vedaic Astrology either, for example, they give more importance to the Moon. About Dominant, or Dominant Planet, there are lots of references in the astrological literature and great part of authors accept and value its unquestionable prominence, and give the proper place to that, but they remark the difficult to calculate and to establish a criteria about the assignment; so, some of them only refer as Dominant the planet which is near the angles of the chart, specially the Ascendant and Mid heaven. Some ones accept and recognize that the calculation and delineation of the Dominant Planet is a very laborious procedure that needs to much attention and care.

The certain thing is that due to all this, it has been a frequent attitude to avoid or to delay its determination and study, having been only the positions of the Ascendant and the luminaries as essential points of an Astral Subject. It is comprehensible then that we have remained with that deficiency and things continued with the attention in other points, not less necessary for the understanding and the study of the astrological interpretation. Nevertheless, the present times allow us to make use of the computer sciences tools, every time with more intensity, and day to day, we have programs that fill out our requirements fully. Some of us can remember that about forty years ago, a horoscope calculation and delineation work used to take from twenty minutes to half an hour and, it was made "by hand", and then from that, to begin the interpretation work.

In order to concrete the matter, we will say that a rigorous French Astrologer called Henri J. Gouchon, author of several very valuable books, has talked exhaustively about the subject and defines the Dominant so:

"...It is called DOMINANT to the set constituted by two or three different celestial influences, that are integrated forming an alliance, conserving their properties each of the components, although a little altered by the reciprocal relations of an influence on each one..."

and sets out a theory on the matter in his "Astrological Dictionary", introduced by him in the following way: "...This theory was set out in collaboration with Robert Dax, by the author of this dictionary, year 1933. Their fundamental principles are briefed described in my work <<The Zodiac Secrets>>, published by the author and quickly exhausted".

To be continued...

Present,
G. Brunati
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

gbrunati

THEORY OF THE ASTROPONDIOS AND DOMINANT PLANET

Part II

The table that follows is the consideration of Henri J. Gouchon:
Valuation propose to determine the Dominant Planet

astropondios_table02.png

I must confess that in the first half of the XX century and considering the tools whereupon astrologers had, the proposal reflects an incredible intuitive and visionary capacity of the mentioned author. Reading his works is appraised his extraordinary capacity, his rigorous method and his scientific honesty.

To be continued...

Present,
G.Brunati
[ http://www.gordianobrunati.com/cgi-bin/cal00EN.cgi ]

gbrunati

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
THEORY OF ASTROPONDIOS AND DOMINANT PLANET

Part III

As the author indicates, the proposal is "formulated with reserves" and manifests his disposition to listen and to accept improvements and observations. I have allowed myself to make some small variations; for example, I have eliminated consideration for the Moon in Capricorn, because of it has been considered in the point seventh, (planet in domicile or exaltation). Also I have eliminated consideration for pilgrim planet (Gouchon's criteria Nº 18); I have given 2 astropondios to "planet in fall or detriment" instead of 0 because I consider that the average weight must be for good or for evil, I mean, the dignities give prominence to the planet, good or bad. The point eighteenth must be referring to house X, weighs 4 astropondios instead of 0 as point 5; I think that it must be a typesetter mistake, because the house VII already was considered. The table that follows is then, my proposal:

Brunati's valuation proposal to determine the Dominant Planet:

astropondios_table03.png

I have incorporated to the program "Gitano" (Chart OnLine) [ http://www.gordianobrunati.com/cgi-bin/cal01EN.cgi ], these valuations so that in the graphic appear the planets hierarchy in their order, as well as the total sum of astropondios that are accumulated when calculating the Chart. Another innovation that has become on the matter, is to indicate the Dominant Planet with a red flashing light and the three following ones in hierarchy, with a green one.

This is not definitive, and rather, I believe that we are in the stage of to mature the results. The present state is preliminary, mainly the new routines incorporated to the program "Gitano". My next idea is to put in black and white the point of the latitudes of planets, their speeds and the condition of direct, stationary or retrograde movement; also, I think that the week day of birth or event must be considered too; so that a consideration can be given to these conditions and, incorporating them to the work. About this we will extend in Part IV.

To be continued...

Present,
G.Brunati
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬