Marriage and 4th house?

Yoi

Marriage is often connected to the 7th house. However, is there any connection between marriage and the 4th house? The 4th house is supposed to be about your home. It also represents what happens when you get older, I guess when you have truly "settled down". Once you get married and settled down your partner will form an integral part of your home. I'm not sure if this is correct but the way I see it, the different houses represent different aspects of your marriage/love. The 4th house represents the home you build together. The 5th house represents the romantic side and children. The 7th house is the actual give and take of the relationship and the 8th house are the material and financial aspects. Is this right?

Sweet Stars

I think u are right about the 4th.

His Venus, Mercury, and pluto in my 4th.

My Venus, Mercury, Moon, and Chiron in his 4th house.

Very at home with eachother. We want to move in together.

His Sun in my 5th. (Fun hanging out)

My Sun in his 5th. (Fun hanging out)

wilsontc

Staff member
derived houses, to Yoi

Yoi,

The amazing thing about astrology is if you start from a different place in a chart, you get a completely different perspective. This is called "derived houses" and here is how it works.

Let's say we want to find out about how "relationships" work. So we set the 7th house (relationships) as the "1rst house" (being). So, with the 7th house as the "base", we look at all the other houses in TERMS of the 7th house. For example, the "4th" house now becomes the 10th house (the 10th house from the 7th house). Since the 10th house is about "duty", the 10th house from the 7th (i.e., the "4th house") is about our "duty" in relationships. And similarly with looking at the other houses in terms of the 7th house.

Try this method, setting each house as a "base" and looking at all the houses in terms of this "base" house: it can give you some quite amazing insight into human nature! :)

In the house,

Tim

archergirl

The 4th traditionally is the childhood home, your 'roots', and your father; yes, it would also represent houses in general, but in a natal chart it is associated with early life and late life, beginnings and endings, rather than the 'marital home'. In a synastry or composite chart, it would be the house of the couple in question. Wilsontc has a point about turning the houses; it also depends on what kind of chart you are doing.

AG:)

astro.teacher

The fourth House rules the marriage of your Mother (7th from the 10th);

http://antiquus.50webs.com/Fath.html (for the rest)

So yes there is a bit of marriage woven into that House, but it has little relation to your marriage.

I'm not sure if this is correct but the way I see it, the different houses represent different aspects of your marriage/love.

This is usually only true in Synastry charts. I dont see why it would be in Natal unless the Lord of the 7th is found in the 4th (or the other houses mentioned). There needs to be a link between them.

The 5th house represents the romantic side and children.

Actually, the 5th is just children in general, the 11th House is children from your marriage partner (5th from the 7th).

The 7th house is the actual give and take of the relationship

The 7th House rules marriage, the contract, the binding of two people into one figure. How well they will agree, the characteristics of your husband or wife.

8th house are the material and financial aspects.

The 8th is dowry that you receive from your spouse (second from the seventh). If you marry a millionaire, it will be shown by this House.

Yoi

astro.teacher said:
The fourth House rules the marriage of your Mother (7th from the 10th);

http://antiquus.50webs.com/Fath.html (for the rest)

So yes there is a bit of marriage woven into that House, but it has little relation to your marriage.

This is usually only true in Synastry charts. I dont see why it would be in Natal unless the Lord of the 7th is found in the 4th (or the other houses mentioned). There needs to be a link between them.

Strangely enough the Lord of the 7th *is* in the 4th house in my chart. Also the Lord of my 4th (the Sun) is in the 7th house. Also the Lord of the 7th (Jupiter) and Lord of the 4th (the Sun) are fairly tightly squaring each other (fairly tightly means < 2 degrees here). I wonder if that is why I feel a connection between the 7th and 4th houses even if there isn't one usually...So is there a special significance for marriage when the Lords of the 7th and 4th are in each other's houses?

The Lord of the 8th is also in the 4th house (the 7th and 8th have the same Lord, Jupiter) and Jupiter is fairly tightly trining the only planet in the 8th i.e. Venus. I guess this is why I also feel some sort of connection between the 4th and 8th even if there isn't one usually.

Actually, the 5th is just children in general, the 11th House is children from your marriage partner (5th from the 7th).

The 7th House rules marriage, the contract, the binding of two people into one figure. How well they will agree, the characteristics of your husband or wife.

The 8th is dowry that you receive from your spouse (second from the seventh). If you marry a millionaire, it will be shown by this House.

Wow, I always thought of the 5th as your kids (which worries me a bit because I have both Saturn and Pluto in the 5th). I never heard of the 11th house being connected with kids. I guess you learn something new all the time.

I guess I'm just interested in all this because I feel that the 4th house is very important in my life. This might be because the N. Node is in the 4th house conjunct Mars.

Last edited:

Yoi

Re: derived houses, to Yoi

Wow, I never knew you could do this. Thanks!

wilsontc said:
Yoi,

The amazing thing about astrology is if you start from a different place in a chart, you get a completely different perspective. This is called "derived houses" and here is how it works.

Let's say we want to find out about how "relationships" work. So we set the 7th house (relationships) as the "1rst house" (being). So, with the 7th house as the "base", we look at all the other houses in TERMS of the 7th house. For example, the "4th" house now becomes the 10th house (the 10th house from the 7th house). Since the 10th house is about "duty", the 10th house from the 7th (i.e., the "4th house") is about our "duty" in relationships. And similarly with looking at the other houses in terms of the 7th house.

Try this method, setting each house as a "base" and looking at all the houses in terms of this "base" house: it can give you some quite amazing insight into human nature! :)

In the house,

Tim

twiggy

Astro Teacher -

Wow! I have Mars at 13 deg Leo in 11H -I have three children from a 10 year marriage - and no planets whatsoever in 4/5/7 Houses.

Cheers:)

I also have my ruler of the 7th in the 4th house. I have always wanted to settle down and have the ideal little family (Neptune 4th). The ruler of my 4th is in my 2nd, maybe I learned my values from my roots/family and some of my dependency needs (as my 4th house ruler Pluto squares Venus). But I have read I should watch my boundaries concerning the 4th house home as I do have Neptune in the 4th and the Moon in Pisces square to each other, I can leave myself psychologically vulnerable and open in this area. And because of the conflicts between the planets, the road to intimacy is not a smooth path for me. Which is all totally true, I have let people overstep the line in my home + in relationships. It's kind of weird because in general I am a closed private person. But when I get close to people they know they can take advantage of me because I have been too soft with them.

StarNur

Very kewl wilson and astro.teacher!!

Man oh man, astro.teacher you just made my day!! I have Saturn in the 5th house and Moon in the 11th! Yaay! This has been a worry of mine for years, I am soooo relieved to hear this.

Me too! The ruler of my 7th and 8th house, Jupiter in Leo, is in my 4th house and conjunct IC. Jupiter aspects my Asc/Merc/Mars/Sun in Aqua. I could so picture myself marrying an Aries, Leo, Virgo or Aquarius because that`s what Im usually attracted to. Im not so sure about Sagittarius or Gemini. I also have Venus and Neptune in the 7th. So he`s got to be a bit of an artist and a dreamer. Pray he`s not deceptive.

Im not 100% sure about my 4th house ruler. It`s a close one. The ruler could be the Moon (Cancer), which is in my 11th house in Pisces. Moon is involved in a t-square. Or it could be the Sun (Leo), which is in my 10th house in Aquarius aspecting Merc, Mars, Jupiter. I have a big dysfunctional family that is somehow still miraculously intact. Always felt claustrophobic growing up in the house. In the future I could see this as traveling and living abroad. Also wouldnt be surprised if I married a foreigner with Jupiter DC, ruler in the 4th, Sag Venus in the 7th, Aqua Mars opposite Jupiter.

StarNur

Could the Asc/Dc signify siblings?

Here's an example with my 5 siblings:

• My Gem ASC represents my Gem sun sister
  • My brother's Aqua DC represents my Aqua sun
  • My Gem sun's ASC is Virgo, representing my Virgo sister and brother
  • My Virgo sister's DC is Scorpio, representing my Scorpio sister
  • My Scorpio sister's DC is Virgo representing my Virgo sister and brother
  • My Virgo brother's ASC is Gemini, representing my Gemini sister.

StarNur

Ok not just siblings...who you have a close relationship, not necessarily a love relationship or marriage.

I dont' know my parents asc/dc, but here are a few more keeping it in the family:

My Sag DC, reps my Sag father
My Virgo sister's Taurus ASC, reps my Taurus mother.

In the family I would say I am most like my father and my virgo sister is most like my taurus mother. Maybe we are projecting our parent's sun sign in a way?