Will I be scouted?

C

coffee

Last edited:

archergirl

I think the 5th would be sport itself, but if you are looking for a career option you should look at the 10th, especially, as I doubt you want to be scouted just for fun. As more of a traditionalist I'd suggest you look first at the traditional planets and ignore the outer planets for the time being, until you get the relationships between the others.

The Moon will be one of your *most* important significators, so look closely at her; what sign is she in, what degrees, what aspects she's separating from/applying towards.

Here's an overview of Lilly's considerations. They will answer most every question you can ask without too much trouble!

http://www.widgetsworld.co.uk/search/go.php?art_id=1556

Good luck
Best,
AG

archergirl

There's a reason Lilly is used so much, and it isn't his quaint English! Astrologers don't like him and him only; there's Bonatti and Morin and Gadbury as well. But Lilly has the most comprehensive stuff and did huge amounts of research, so astrologers tend to trust what he had to say, if they can decipher it.

Your chart:

23 Taurus ascendant, ruler Venus is cadent in the 12th house. Part of Fortune in your 1st house tells us that the aim of your question is fortune for yourself! Unfortunately, POF is exactly conjunct extremely malefic fixed star Caput Algol, which decapitates the issue. The Moon is in the 12th as well, and is combust, being within 8 degrees of the Sun. New Moons aren't auspicious times for horary questions! Some might argue that the combustion is lessened by the Moon being the next sign on from the Sun, but there is only a separation of three degrees, and the Moon of all the planets does the worst when so close to the Sun.

The agent or scout would be represented by the 10th house, which would also represent your query itself about being scouted, as the 10th rules that which we aspire to achieve. The 10th is ruled by Saturn, malefic, in detriment, and retrograde in the 5th house of sport. Mars, the other malefic, applies by opposition to Saturn, and applies also to conjunct Neptune. This is one seriously dodgy agent. I normally ignore the outer planets, but if they shout at you, listen! Mars captures the light of Saturn and applies it to Neptune; two malefics and one liar do not make a good indicator of success. There is no relationship between either Venus or the Sun with Saturn, and being in the condition Saturn's in, I wouldn't necessarily want one.

All in all the chart shows your prospects to be very weak at this time; we would expect to see your significator or that of the Sun (your co-ruler as I assume you are a male) in some kind of dignity, but neither are; both are hidden and weak in the 12th house, so it might be that you wouldn't be able to show yourself in your best light; an off-day for performance, or something.

*However* the good news is that the Sun will soon move to the sign of its exaltation; so it may be that another opportunity will arise where you will be in a much better position, and by then hopefully there will be a less dodgy agent about to notice you! ;)

Cheers,

AG

archergirl

Ignoring POF and very possibly the fixed star, that was a great interpretation
Thank you. I would never ignore such a configuration. Algol is very, very effective in charts when in such close aspect to a significator or point.

POF is a good, literally interpreted point: your fortune lies in the house in which it resides, in this case, the house of 'you'. If it hadn't been exactly conjunct Algol, I would say your fortunes would have been much improved (however you want to interpret 'fortunes', as there are many meanings...)

All agents may be dodgy, but the Saturn/Mars/Neptune aspect is very malefic indeed and is usually associated with things of a most unpleasant nature (like mine collapses, explosions, poison gas, etc). As Saturn is the significator for your ambitions, this doesn't bode too well! I'd wait for a more fortunate time to show my stuff.

Best,
AG

archergirl

Coffee,

The Arabic Points have been used in astrology for a very, very long time, and although they are simply mathematical 'points' in a chart, you might argue that all aspects in any chart are mathematical points. Astrology makes heavy use of geometry, and the points are a part of that. Whilst I in general would not use most of the points unless they were especially pertinent, I do use POF. I take a pragmatic approach to horary: if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and if it works, use it. POF was relevant to your question, and was a relevant part of your answer.

What you choose to do with the answer is of course entirely down to Free Will!:p

AG