PDA

View Full Version : Midpoint Madness & Past Eclipses in your chart

SolarSiren
03-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I was so shocked to find this out today...
Wrote down all my midpoints, then highlighted close(3 orb) conj/opp. to natal planets.

What jumped out was an Eclipse conj. N. Merc, which is also
my VENUS/PLUTO midpoint.
Can you guess what happened shortly after this?
I was hit with an intense love at first sight thing, totally consuming unrequited crush for 2 years.

Bought first new car I loved.
Lunar eclipse Conj. SUN/SATURN MP, also PR Moon conj. Saturn.
Saturn rules natal 2H. Sun rules 8H.

This eclipse, March 3rd...At first I didn't see it connected anywhere...Sure enough, Conj. VENUS/CHIRON MP.
Not exactly sure on interpretation, but I just discovered I'm truely over a person I idealized that only hurt me/held me back.
I'm free, the chains are off.

Anyone else? Look back, you'll be surprised!

unukalhai
03-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Midpoints sure do work like a charm, don't they? ;)

You mention the March 3rd eclipse hitting Venus/Chiron... Do you mean the Venus/Chiron midpoint in your chart?

I'm curious, because this eclipse hits the transiting Venus/Chiron midpoint as well... and forms a big ole yod.. Chart on (page two of) the eclipse thread in the "astrology now!" section of the forum..

Another thing you might do, is check out your progressed angles, and see when a progressed angle conjuncts a natal midpoint pair. Sometimes you'll see some interesting things there... For example, in my prog chart, my MC is presently going over my Venus/Pluto midpoint, meanwhile transiting Pluto is conjuncting my natal Venus -- So needless to say Venus/Pluto things are a hyper-focus for me in the few years around now.

I've already been through the relationship madness / all-consuming pairing (air Venus) now I'm in the midst of purification (Pluto) of the physical nature (earth Venus) -- taking better care of myself, quit smoking, learning to eat properly, learning about the chakras, massage techniques, stress reduction, etc.

You should also pay close attention to your progressed Sun and Moon. Especially the Moon. Both are highly capable of activating midpoint pairs.

I've also seen progressed New or Full moons (Sun/Moon conjunctions or oppositions within the progressed chart) activate midpoints, and the result can be a prolonged activation of the midpoint(s) in question, as the progressed lunar cycle is 29 years -- although as with the natural lunar cycle itself, it is broken down into 8 pieces of 45 degrees, which correspond to about 3.75 years each.

stellab
03-16-2007, 01:33 AM
I too wasn't sure if eclipses hitting a midpoint would have much effect, but can say from experience, they do! For me, it was a bit more 'intense' than an eclipse hitting one natal planet maybe because all of sudden it felt like a pair of planets being hit 'out of nowhere' as I hadn't expected it or kept a look out for the eclipse.

Example, last year March's Lunar Eclipse in Virgo conjunct my natal Venus. So for a few months before, during and after, I paid attention to Venusian themese in my life. I was prepared a little and knew to incorporate Venus changes in my life.

Then in the fall, with the Sept. eclipses, my Saturn/Moon + Sun/Venus was hit with an eclipse and had a 'falling out' conversation with a best friend of mine. Very much related to all the planets listed above.

In March, at 13 deg Virgo, similar themes came up, not necessarily with that friend, but still related and the roots of some issues could be traced to back then.

Also, my Sun/Moon midpoint = 28 deg Virgo. I 'felt' the September eclipse at 29 deg, wasn't sure what it meant at the time exactly but there was a blend of ego (Sun) and emotional (Moon) issues to investigate. Also have ME/VE, MA/VE midpoints at the same degree!!!

Now, this coming Solar Eclipse in Pisces will oppose my Sun/Moon, which maybe all this time, I'm supposed to learn how to incorporate my ego with my emotions. Maybe a new awareness and a new start will be the focus from this energizing eclipse point in the months and year to come or it's up to me to join the energies within as I will feel the pressure from the eclipse. (and Pluto!)

I'm not sure really how to incorporate these changes, but I do know from experience, it feels like two planets are getting hit at once, in order to fuse the planets somehow.

SimplyRed
03-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Eclipses - and your natal chart
Darrelyn Gunzburg
Hope can read this, from my email http://attach.re3.mail.yahoo.com/us.f568.mail.yahoo.com/ym/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=7858_4834648_1815428_1800_67580_0_40625_1064 51_2743270007&bodyPart=3&YY=37032&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=4On Monday 19th March there is a solar eclipse, and having witnessed the blood moon of the lunar eclipse on Saturday 3rd March, many students have been asking about how to interpret solar eclipses in a chart. The first thing to recognize is that when eclipses occur, they have meaning on two levels: they may primarily stress an aspect in your chart by being conjunct, square or in opposition to one of your planets or luminaries (keep your orbs tight) and thus take on a highly personal expression in your life; or if not aspecting anything in your chart, they will stress a house polarity.

Eclipses belong to Saros Cycles
However, a third factor is that eclipses don't just “occur” in the sky as one-off events. As Brady notes[1] "each eclipse is a member of a family and each family has characteristics”. They belong to larger patterns called saros cycles and those cycles have a beginning and thus a chart for the moment of this beginning, the first eclipse. This chart describes the nature of the whole cycle, and thus every eclipse in the cycle. This whole cycle will take well over a twelve hundred years to unfold, producing eclipses once every 18 years. There are many saros cycles in operation at any one time, thus we get two to four solar eclipses a year but these individual eclipses that happen in any one year will all come from different “families”, different Saros Series. The cycle which is producing the eclipse on Monday 19 March, 2007 started in 1664 and has produced eclipses on the following dates in the following degrees of the zodiac:

21 August 1664 - 28 Leo
(First Eclipse)9 December 1844 - 18 Sag.1 September 1682 - 9 Virgo21 December 1862 - 29 Sag.13 September 1700 - 20 Virgo31 December 1880 - 10 Cap.24 September 1718 - 1 Libra11 January 1899 - 21 Cap.4 October 1736 - 11 Libra23 January 1917 - 3 Aqu.16 October 1754 - 22 Libra3 February 1935 - 14 Aqu.26 October 1772 - 3 Scorpio14 February 1953 - 25 Aqu.6 November 1790 - 14 Scorpio25 February 1971- 6 Pisces18 November 1808 - 25 Scorpio7 March 1989 - 17 Pisces29 November 1826 - 6 Sag.19 March 2007 - 28 Pisces

This solar eclipse is known as Saros Series 9 New North (Jansky’s system of naming eclipses) and on 19th March it occurs at 28 degrees Pisces. So have a look at your chart and see if you have anything at late mutable degrees. If so, it will have a much more personalized meaning for you as it is actively engaging with a theme or issue that you are running in your life.

http://attach.re3.mail.yahoo.com/us.f568.mail.yahoo.com/ym/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=7858_4834648_1815428_1800_67580_0_40625_1064 51_2743270007&bodyPart=4&YY=37032&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=4The birth chart of Saros Series 9 New North, “born” 21 August 1664, has a Venus-Mercury conjunction on the Mars/Pluto midpoint and Mars on the Uranus/Pluto midpoint in its birth chart. Thus this whole series has a strongly physical component to its expression. This can range from struggling with a new sport or your first yoga class to minor accidents, so if it is aspecting a theme in your chart, then it is better to consider how you can use such energy positively. For example, if you have Mars natally at 28 degrees Sagittarius in the first house making a square to Saturn at 27 Virgo in the tenth house, then the Mars-Saturn theme with which you struggle your whole like is going to be concerned with self-motivated achievement (angularity) through persistence and hard work, not necessarily seeing any obstacles but when obstacles are encountered, solving them creatively and flexibly (mutable square).

How different would the story be if it was the Moon at 28 degrees Sagittarius in the first house making a square to Saturn at 27 Virgo in the tenth house, or the Moon at 28 degrees Sagittarius in the first house making a square to Pluto at 27 Virgo in the tenth house? So have a look at your chart and see if you have anything at 28 degrees of mutable and how you can harness the great exertion of this eclipse of next week to achieve a constructive outcome.

The Eclipse will fall in a natal house of your chart
If you do not have any natal points at 28 degrees of mutable, then the eclipse will still fall in a house in your chart and highlight that area of your life. If the eclipse falls in your first house, for example, then the physical component of expression may indicate a change in your appearance or a very strenuous time, but in the third house it may bring you a great deal of walking or moving around your local area, or a fight with a sibling or work colleague. So the eclipse will be affecting all of us, some by aspecting a natal point and others by simply occurring in a natal house.

If you would like to find out more about eclipses, the ECLIPSE Studyshop is a whole day workshop on eclipses taught by Bernadette Brady in London and is currently on special - see below.

[1]Brady, Bernadette (1998). Predictive Astrology, York Beach: Samuel Weiser, Inc. p. 219.

http://attach.re3.mail.yahoo.com/us.f568.mail.yahoo.com/ym/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=7858_4834648_1815428_1800_67580_0_40625_1064 51_2743270007&bodyPart=5&YY=37032&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=4 (http://www.astrologos.co.uk/study_eclipses_back.htm)
25% discount - last few days
Discounted for the season of this Eclipse - normally £25.95, you can buy this Studyshop now for only £19.45 (http://www.astrologos.co.uk/)
From one of the acclaimed authorities in the field of eclipses in astrological work.

Brady in her renowned clear style, places the technical
as well as mythological

AquariusMoon
03-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Solar Siren, I've gone back and checked my eclipses and tied them to a lot of events, but I've never considerd the midpoints before. That could explain a lot.

Another point to consider is the prenatal solar eclipse. Treat it like a natal planet in your chart. It will bring an exclamation point to subsequent eclipses, strong transits and progressions as well.

Red, thanks for posting that article. I'm going to print it and read it again and do some checking, read The Eagle and the Lark. :38: Look what you started :)

AqMoon

jagetoile
11-12-2007, 02:38 PM
deleted post.

SimplyRed
11-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow, sun venus midpoint is 3 pisces and guess what, North node there hopefully triggering it.

hopefully transit Saturn leaves the gig alone

never really did midpoints for eclispes except sun moon and a few other ones.

LOL, Wow I have been away for some time. Forget I begin this thread until viewing it.
Thanks AM