PDA

View Full Version : Ruler of tenth in tenth house: High status and fame

fullmoonlibra
05-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I read a lot about the ruler of the tenth in tenth, and there is always lots of good things there is said about these position. I have Venus in Taurus and Venus is conjunct MC, trine Moon (2nd), trine Part Of Fortune (6th). So a grand trine actually.
Venus forms also a quintile to Jupiter (which is not that important I guess).
MC is supported with a sextile from Jupiter, and trine from Mars/Neptune.

So I guess I should be happy..

But there is one problem. A big one..
Pluto opposite MC.

What career fits me the best? And is it tue that with Taurus there, I'll gain success late, or I start career late?

Venus in tenth also saysthat I should be popular, but I don't feel popular.. What's wrong with all the good interpretations in relation to my planet positions?

fullmoonlibra
05-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Taurus is a passive and slow sign. Does this deminish the effect?

SniperBomber328
05-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Omnisphericus has a thread about fame, and he states that the Sun (along with the 10th house) are both analogous to fame. The Almuten of the MC, aspects to the MC and the sign in the MC are all factors. As well aspects to the Sun, placement of house for the Sun, sign the Sun is in, strength by dignity/debility of the Sun, final dispositor of the Sun and almuten of the Sun.

Note: For the Almuten(s) and Final dispositor(s), you must check the planet(s) involved and assess them too.

Claire19
06-01-2012, 09:30 AM
I read a lot about the ruler of the tenth in tenth, and there is always lots of good things there is said about these position. I have Venus in Taurus and Venus is conjunct MC, trine Moon (2nd), trine Part Of Fortune (6th). So a grand trine actually.

Pluto opposite MC.

What career fits me the best? And is it tue that with Taurus there, I'll gain success late, or I start career late?

Venus in tenth also saysthat I should be popular, but I don't feel popular.. What's wrong with all the good interpretations in relation to my planet positions?
10th is our public life and our public reputation and not necessarily how popular we are. That belongs more to the social house of Leo 5th Sun.
Taurus deals with investments, income matters, book keeping, sometimes with horticulture, farming and is essentially Earthy and practical. Not a matter of being late. That would be Saturn more.
SOme popular singers would have Venus in Taurus in the 10th.
It tends to being rather cautious and not very extroverted.

Claire19
06-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Taurus is a passive and slow sign. Does this deminish the effect?
With other supporting aspects it can mean a career with singing but yes it is a cautious often shy sign, not really fit for the glare of public life without other aspects to moderate that.

fullmoonlibra
06-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Omnisphericus has a thread about fame, and he states that the Sun (along with the 10th house) are both analogous to fame. The Almuten of the MC, aspects to the MC and the sign in the MC are all factors. As well aspects to the Sun, placement of house for the Sun, sign the Sun is in, strength by dignity/debility of the Sun, final dispositor of the Sun and almuten of the Sun.

Note: For the Almuten(s) and Final dispositor(s), you must check the planet(s) involved and assess them too.

what are Almuten and Final dispositors?

fullmoonlibra
06-05-2012, 09:27 PM
10th is our public life and our public reputation and not necessarily how popular we are. That belongs more to the social house of Leo 5th Sun.
Taurus deals with investments, income matters, book keeping, sometimes with horticulture, farming and is essentially Earthy and practical. Not a matter of being late. That would be Saturn more.
SOme popular singers would have Venus in Taurus in the 10th.
It tends to being rather cautious and not very extroverted.

interesting about the fifth house!
didn't thought about it like that.
i have a busy fifth houe, with neptune/mars there, focus of small talent triangle (jupi-pluto) and focus of T square (moon-mercury)

JUPITERASC
06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
what are Almuten and Final dispositors?
Hi fullmoonlibra, fwiw re: 'almuten' the following 90 word quote is sourced from Deborah Houlding http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/almuten.html :smile:

“The method of identifying the almuten involves considering the full range of essential dignities, so that rulership by sign, exaltation, triplicity, term and face is considered - not just rulership by sign. Hence Venus is said to rule the sign of Libra but Saturn is the almuten, being capable of assuming rulership by exaltation, triplicity, term and face.

A point scoring technique is often used to determine the almuten of any given point. This, and further details are outlined in part 5 of the tutorial Understanding Planetary Dignity and Debility”

fullmoonlibra
06-08-2012, 05:20 PM
hmm, I shall search for that.. thanks! :joyful:

astro11
06-08-2012, 11:44 PM
I have a similar chart to yours fullmoonlibra. I have Pluto in Scorpio oppose the MC in Taurus exactly. Also the ruler of my 10th Venus is placed in the 10th house but at 0 gem. My venus is unaspected using the major aspects but forms a biquintile with Neptune within a degree. My Neptune-vertex conjunction makes an exact trine to my MC.

I don't view Pluto opposite the MC as a problem, sure I've had intense power struggles (and sometimes power abuses) with those in authority before but that has compelled me to find a way to be self employed and make a good salary on top of it. I have been a piano teacher for 8 years now after having completed grade 10 in the Royal Conservatory of Music with first class honours. I started my professional practice of Astronumerology 5 years ago and have a good number of clients. From studying the charts of people with Pluto oppose the MC, I find a large percentage of them hold significant positions of authority and power over others but what they do with the power is variable depending on their level of consciousness.

Whatever career you choose, make sure you have significant autonomy. I know that with Pluto oppose the MC, you are very likely to run into power struggles and abuses when working for others in positions where you have to follow their orders.

fullmoonlibra
06-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I have a similar chart to yours fullmoonlibra. I have Pluto in Scorpio oppose the MC in Taurus exactly. Also the ruler of my 10th Venus is placed in the 10th house but at 0 gem. My venus is unaspected using the major aspects but forms a biquintile with Neptune within a degree. My Neptune-vertex conjunction makes an exact trine to my MC.

I don't view Pluto opposite the MC as a problem, sure I've had intense power struggles (and sometimes power abuses) with those in authority before but that has compelled me to find a way to be self employed and make a good salary on top of it. I have been a piano teacher for 8 years now after having completed grade 10 in the Royal Conservatory of Music with first class honours. I started my professional practice of Astronumerology 5 years ago and have a good number of clients. From studying the charts of people with Pluto oppose the MC, I find a large percentage of them hold significant positions of authority and power over others but what they do with the power is variable depending on their level of consciousness.

Whatever career you choose, make sure you have significant autonomy. I know that with Pluto oppose the MC, you are very likely to run into power struggles and abuses when working for others in positions where you have to follow their orders.

True.
Most of the time it's about power abuse to me because I'm too sweet and nice. But when that happens, I don't let it happen.
- Venus conjunct MC - Mars/Neptune trine MC - Pluto opposite MC -

Kaiousei no Senshi
06-09-2012, 12:32 PM
About indicators of fame. The Sun and Tenth house lord aren't always the best of indicators for this. I tend to look at fame more in the frame of mind of eminence which typically considers the influence of fixed stars as being a more concrete approach.

About the opening post, I think you're giving way too much credit to cookbook style interpretations.

Claire19
06-12-2012, 06:20 AM
interesting about the fifth house!
didn't thought about it like that.
i have a busy fifth houe, with neptune/mars there, focus of small talent triangle (jupi-pluto) and focus of T square (moon-mercury)
Neptune Mars can lead to an interest in photography and matters of the spiritual and karma etc. Leisure, pleasure, social times, good times belong in the 5th house along with speculation, gaming and holidays. You may wish to go into a retreat or an ashram or convent situation to relax and recharge the batteris.

I would need to see the whole chart to comment further.

fullmoonlibra
06-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Neptune Mars can lead to an interest in photography and matters of the spiritual and karma etc. Leisure, pleasure, social times, good times belong in the 5th house along with speculation, gaming and holidays. You may wish to go into a retreat or an ashram or convent situation to relax and recharge the batteris.

I would need to see the whole chart to comment further.

I attached my chart.
Because of the contacts from Neptune/Mars to Sun, MC and AC I think it's significant, but maybe there are other aspects that could tell more about what I should become.
And about my soul purpose, the only contacts the NN makes is to the Sun and to AC. So I guess it should be all about me (maybe that's the reason why I want to become famous)

may28gemini
07-03-2012, 08:59 AM
I think you'll be fortunate in the arts as long as you use your feminine charms (moon trine venus).

fullmoonlibra
07-13-2012, 04:45 PM
I think you'll be fortunate in the arts as long as you use your feminine charms (moon trine venus).

I hope I will.
İs there any clue about what kind of art?
Cause I know I'm talented, but my versatility is confusing me.
Could it be writing? Because I write poetic and philosophical story's about life. something like the style of 'le petit prince'.
I also do photography, but just for myself, no idea how to spread my pictures out to the public :happy:

may28gemini
07-13-2012, 05:19 PM
LOL no, dammit LibraMoon, I'm a writer not a psychic!

I don't put much stock into predictive astrology, or too much seriousness in astrology to begin with. You have free will and you can choose what areas you want to focus on. You have aspects that has a high propensity for fame and making a name in the arts but as to what, when, where, why, how... you have to figure that out on your own.

You can look at my Dad's chart in my "charts" album. Moon conjunct MC in the 10th- HUGE indicator for fame through career. In my father's case, it's in Aquarius and his line of work is very Aquarian- he's a hardware engineer for a big corporation and he's very well known, but to his co-workers. He also does consulting and loves it- again, the Aquarian thing with freedom. Along with fame can come nortoriety. My Dad constantly gets "threatened" that he'll get dismissed because he spoke out against his managers. So be careful that you don't embrace just one side of your aspects and ignore the rest.

may28gemini
07-13-2012, 05:34 PM
I quickly looked at your chart. I go by whole signs systems so you actually have Saturn and Uranus in the 5th. Saturn makes you work hard in whatever house he's in so if you want to be known for your art, you'll have to really crank the gears but you may not "blow up." Read up on Saturn in 5th house. Uranus in 5th is someone who actually is detached from fame and likes doing backstage types of stuff- like a stage props person.

I have a friend who has Jup, Sat, Pluto in 5th- she's known in the arts and she's a top notch fashion photographer and retoucher bar none. She left that line of work because she said it didn't pay her squat. Food for thought.

Sanaqua
07-13-2012, 07:18 PM

Pluto opposite MC.

Though, it depends on seeing the chart to get a full picture but by the aspects you're telling your Venus makes with Moon in 2nd and Part of fortune, I would say it means that your job will be full of resources and you will earn/have a lot of resources from your job. That's about the trine with Moon in 2nd house. By trine with Part of fortune (though i cant figure a lot about part of fortune generally!), i think it means you'll have a positive edge in your daily job because of your reputation and/or profession.

MC sextile Jupiter are probably a lot of opportunities regarding your profession or a lot of options.

And a trine from Mars/Neptune depends the sign they're in.

Pluto opposing MC is not the delay in your career. It may mean that may be you'll change professions/occupations before you finally chose one permanently. It is also about making yourself "deserved" for a best profession, before you can actually acquire that. You'll probably have to change your attitude towards it so that you can achieve those guts which are necessary for that profession. Venus, however, is strong in Taurus and by being on an angle.

I dont know, if one can exactly predict which profession you'll be into but that would be a combination of Venus in Taurus. Natural resources, growth, nutrition, things related to beauty, women or comfort/luxury are the key words.

10th house is how others see us too. May be others see you very feminine etc. That too depends, which are other houses ruled by Venus in your natal.

Sanaqua

serafin5
07-18-2012, 12:54 AM
I wanted to share with you Fullmoon that I have a very old astrology book that has explanations of aspects and when it comes to MC oppositions instead of regarding it that way they would just call your 'pluto opp MC' 'pluto conjunct IC' which puts a different spin on the aspect and making it not so scary too, dont you think?

It seems like you have a really wonderful chart, Fullmoon. Your MC in Taurus makes your Asc in Leo right? I see right away the artistic and the possible stage/fame thing but one other thing that jumped out of me is maybe a type of counselor/therapist? Leo is a very wise sign, and some of your other aspects seem like you might shine doing something like that. Maybe even teaching.

Just my 2 cents Im still learning how to interpret but i wish you lots of blessings!

S5

fullmoonlibra
07-18-2012, 01:55 PM
It seems like you have a really wonderful chart, Fullmoon. Your MC in Taurus makes your Asc in Leo right? I see right away the artistic and the possible stage/fame thing but one other thing that jumped out of me is maybe a type of counselor/therapist?

S5

Thank you all,

And you are right about the counseling part.
I studied psychology for about 7 years, failures included.
Have a diplome in counseling, but didn't finish the Masters degree for becoming Psychologist (decided just about two month ago that I don't want to become psychologist).
So that could be the pluto opposite MC too.
I want to be more in touch with my artistic nature, so I decided to study something that could bring me closer to that :).
But it was hard to decide, cause my power struggles (sun opposite pluto) couldn't accept the fact that I was going to do something less 'important' after so much investment and time in psychology.

We'LL see..
I2m still fighting against myself, but I know finally my promising chart, with the mystic rectangle, grand trine, T squares and small talent triangles will bring me somewhere.
Where, I don't know (a splash chart is a curse I guess :tongue:)

Amit89
08-07-2012, 11:11 AM
I have virgo rising and gemini midheaven and mercury is conjuct midheaven and jupiter. I also have sun in the 10th trine pluto, sextile sun but opposite saturn and neptune. Mars is also sextile midheaven.

I've had both high and low status, I failed high school due to my scattered energy but retook my eduction and got into a top uni which saw my status rise. I've always wanted to be prominent.

I've achieved some big things like getting into a good uni, however, with the restless, scattered gemini, I'm just too light and set off in many directions. I believe the saturn energy is there to help me and my ambition is to become a software engineer after my degree in economics!

I have venus, mars, sun, jupiter, mercury and moon in 11-9 houses axis. I've always wanted to have a good career and achieve sporting awards in my life.

I must state that I've that some people I've had very good reputation and bad reputation.

fullmoonlibra
08-20-2012, 03:03 PM
I decided to study Audiovisual Arts at the Media, Arts and Design Faculty. More specific: Film directing.. Is that a Venus in Taurus direction? Or are other parts of my chart telling me to do this?
I'm very excited!
I've already looked at transits for the time I will graduate:
Uranus transit conjunct Sun and North Node in 9th house :tongue: .. And Jupiter transit conjunct North Node transit in my first house..
Well, that promises lots of good things I guess :joyful:

But I don't just want to be part of a filming team, I want to write my own films and want to direct it. I hope that Pluto's power struggles won't surface, and that my personality will be ready to take the lead (I finally want to be at my Aries North Node).

Claire19
09-16-2012, 02:16 AM
A chart needs to be posted. I dont take any notice of Pluto anymore.
The 10th denotes much more than career and we need to look at other areas such as the 6th as well for career questions.