PDA

View Full Version : Weight

Belgianmoonguy
02-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Don't know if I had to put thuis here or somewhere else...

Among the persons i know, most ppl with this rising stay thin to very thin
Gem, Virgo, Capricorn, Aquarius (and sometimes Aries)...

I can't seem to gain weight, even if they hold a gun to my head...

And with Saturn entering Virgo in september, my rising sign... i'll guess i'll be even more thin then i'm now...

I have some weight neurosis also... I think if i weigh over 70kg, i'm fat and the kilo's will come swimming to me and i weigh 85kg in no time... I'm slightly paranoid...

I'm 1m86 (6'1" or 6'2") and i weight 138lbs (2lbs = 1kg) or 152lbs or 69kg...

astro.teacher
02-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Among the persons i know, most ppl with this rising stay thin to very thin Gem, Virgo, Capricorn, Aquarius (and sometimes Aries)...
It has more to do with the Planet Saturn than anything. I think the graphic of Saturn (bones with a scythe) is a good indication of the state the body goes into when he conjuncts the ascendant or occupies the first House. If you have Saturn in the first Nataly, this will always be an issue for you. Its your Virgo Rising thats causing you to become obsessive about your weight. Dont worry, when Jupiter hits the 1st House youll put on the pounds.

Aaron Brody - Astro.Teacher
http://antiquus.50webs.com (http://antiquus.50webs.com/)
Antiquus Astrologia

Belgianmoonguy
02-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Hmm
Interesting train of thought with Saturn...
I always saw my Saturn Venus opposition as an astrological cause for a miserable love life, but may be it restricts my chances to gain weight. I love sweet foods (cookies, pies), but although i can indulge it from time to time (although now less then earlier), i never seem to gain weight...

Jupiter was in my 1st house from october '03 until late september '04... I weighed 65kgs then... thinner as usual

Late september '04 i moved to another city, cause i went studying there... When most ppl seem to gain at least 5, 10kgs there, i still have same weight as in high school...

Lissa
02-25-2007, 03:04 PM
From your physical description,you seem a lot like one friend of mine.He is15years old,same height as you and a few pounds thinner.Guess what-he has Sagitarius rising(the typical sign of expansion,I know),with a very tight Jupiter(in Virgo)square Ascendant(the aspect has a1orb:eek: ).So..why is he so skinny???Well,I guess Jupiter can also mean expansion in a "vertical" sense,making one very tall instead of 'heavy'...

I know exacly what you mean about having trouble putting on some weight because I have the same problem.I'm a Capricorn risng with Uranus,Neptune and Saturn in the1st.I absolutly LOVE chocolat,ice-cream and cookies.I can eat a entire box of chocolat/cookies in15minutes,my stomach hurts and swells,then I go to bed and wake up the next morning and I still have my regular46kg(92lbs,using the1kg=2lbs rule)..yes,I'm 1m50 and weight46kg(sorry but I have no idea how to convert my height..)

Lissa

Belgianmoonguy
02-25-2007, 08:18 PM
May be having the ruler of the Ascendant in one of the signs I mentionned, has similar effects like having the Ascendant in one of those signs

Moondance
02-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't want to appear insensitive, but from my perspective, you are too thin to begin with. Have a creampuff or two, amigo.

freedomlover
02-25-2007, 10:51 PM
BMG,

I empathize with your dilemma. All my childhood and young adult life, I was thin as a rail. I didn't break 100 pounds until I was 16 - and I was 5'8'. But I'll share something with you that I've just realized while reading this post:

I have been struggling with being extremely overweight the past few years. I gradually realized what some of the factors were and released those - but still no change in weight. I am a vegetarian and eat a very healthy diet, yet can't seem to budge a bit of weight off of me. If anything it still creeps up a pound or two a month.

But I realized, back when I was a teenager, that I, like most other girls, wanted desperately to be attractive to the opposite sex. Several boys,and one in particular, ridiculed me about how thin I was - and how ugly I was. I remember drinking milkshakes in abundance in a desperate attempt to put on weight.

What was revealed to me today was that I had formed beliefs (which my body was obeying) that I was unattractive to men if I was thin and that being the normal weight that I was made to be (Cappy AC) was unattractive.

I have thought many times over the past few years that I would love to be thin like I was in high school. I wanted to be the weight that I wanted to be, and not the weight that somebody else wanted me to be. These beliefs that surfaced today were the root of why I could not seem to get control of my weight. I was still running on the program that being thin was unattractive.

You wrote:

I have some weight neurosis also... I think if i weigh over 70kg, i'm fat and the kilo's will come swimming to me and i weigh 85kg in no time... I'm slightly paranoid...

If I understood correctly what you meant, then you have the opposite belief - that being anything near "fat" is unattractive. Perhaps that is what is programming your body to not gain weight. You are the only one that should decide how you want to look and what weight you want to be.

Also, you wrote:

And with Saturn entering Virgo in september, my rising sign... i'll guess i'll be even more thin then i'm now...

Maybe not........ Saturn also rules self-discipline and self-authority. It may be the time that you finally start getting the body you want to have. Saturn in Virgo would also teach lessons about taking proper care of the body/desiring the body to be in good health/not misusing the body.

So... I just thought I'd share some of my experience and a few thought with you. Hope it helps.

Arian Maverick
02-26-2007, 02:17 AM
When I first found this thread, I admit that I scoffed a bit at the dilemma of being unable to gain weight; although I am not heavy by anyone's estimation, I have a very feminine body with the Moon conjunct my Ascendant and have always been envious of those naturally thin girls who could eat whatever they desired without fretting over calories. Yet I have discovered through much self-observation that I am primarily uncomfortable with my body because I am uncomfortable with my own femininity, especially since I have no personal planets in feminine signs in my natal chart.

I wouldn't worry too much about planetary transits affecting weight loss or gain; I'm still trying to figure how I became a vegetarian and actually lost five to ten pounds while Jupiter in Sagittarius is trining my natal Sun-Venus-Mercury conjunction in Aries, especially since the Sun is the ruler of my sixth house. Yet Saturn is currently transiting this cusp, so perhaps I should consider myself lucky! :D

Arian Maverick

Belgianmoonguy
02-26-2007, 06:47 AM
I don't want to appear insensitive, but from my perspective, you are too thin to begin with. Have a creampuff or two, amigo.

You are insensitive
:38:

Belgianmoonguy
02-26-2007, 06:54 AM
I know the Asc has domain over most of our physical body but there are a couple other things that I think have relevance. The second house seems to have a connection with our relationship with our physical body, as the physical body is nessecary for our fundemental sense of security. Also the sixth house can show how we maintain the physical health of our bodies. And personally I find that the Moon plays a large part in how we appear from day to day including things like weight and how we carry it. The Moon is a large factor due to the often overlooked connection between the mind and the body, esp. regarding things like emotions and how we deal, or don't deal, with them. ;)

Well
(placidus) 1st & 2nd house are ruled by Virgo, so Mercury...
Sometimes i wish i just was a brain, having no body... Although with Venus in Taurus, telling me I can enjoy physical sensations, i still wish i had no body...
Imagine: floating brains around everywhere (can't take my vivid imagination from me)

6th house has Aqua on it... Aqua = fixed... So may be it will stay that way... May be things'll change when progressed 6th house cusp enters Pisces (in a year of three, i guess)... Progressed 2nd is allready in Libra, but where I have a natal Venus Taurus, my progressed Venus is now in Gemini... making an applying position to my natal Uranus...

And Moon... is on my 2nd house cusp in Placidus in Virgo... I have to say that the pounds/ kgs i won, only came since a year, when progressed Moon entered Cancer (feb 06)... therefore he was in Gemini...
Moon and emotions... it's common belief that Moon in Virgo ppl like to rationalize them (away)... true in some cases...

Belgianmoonguy
02-26-2007, 07:04 AM
BMG,

I empathize with your dilemma. All my childhood and young adult life, I was thin as a rail. I didn't break 100 pounds until I was 16 - and I was 5'8'. But I'll share something with you that I've just realized while reading this post:

I have been struggling with being extremely overweight the past few years. I gradually realized what some of the factors were and released those - but still no change in weight. I am a vegetarian and eat a very healthy diet, yet can't seem to budge a bit of weight off of me. If anything it still creeps up a pound or two a month.

But I realized, back when I was a teenager, that I, like most other girls, wanted desperately to be attractive to the opposite sex. Several boys,and one in particular, ridiculed me about how thin I was - and how ugly I was. I remember drinking milkshakes in abundance in a desperate attempt to put on weight.

What was revealed to me today was that I had formed beliefs (which my body was obeying) that I was unattractive to men if I was thin and that being the normal weight that I was made to be (Cappy AC) was unattractive.

I have thought many times over the past few years that I would love to be thin like I was in high school. I wanted to be the weight that I wanted to be, and not the weight that somebody else wanted me to be. These beliefs that surfaced today were the root of why I could not seem to get control of my weight. I was still running on the program that being thin was unattractive.

You wrote:

If I understood correctly what you meant, then you have the opposite belief - that being anything near "fat" is unattractive. Perhaps that is what is programming your body to not gain weight. You are the only one that should decide how you want to look and what weight you want to be.

Also, you wrote:

Maybe not........ Saturn also rules self-discipline and self-authority. It may be the time that you finally start getting the body you want to have. Saturn in Virgo would also teach lessons about taking proper care of the body/desiring the body to be in good health/not misusing the body.

So... I just thought I'd share some of my experience and a few thought with you. Hope it helps.

Some girls are pretty thin and some are indeed prettier when they have a few extra pounds

I have a preference for thin girls, not too thin, but thin... Like when I see those anorexic cat walk models, i don't feel an attraction to that kind of woman... I would be scared that they break when I'd touch them :D But some ppl have that figure of nature, and then... some models also use dope to prevent eating... I mean, what the h'll do they think?
And then most of those skinny girls complain they don't have more then an A cup... Well, from what I heard in biology classes in high school, breasts consists for a big amount from fat... sorry if I unromantise a bit...

I mean, you can try to change your constitution, but sometimes there is stuff beyond control in your body...

Well, in general, i feel pleased with my body... I don't have much muscles as a guy, but I don't find it so important...

What's funny... an ex gf came to eat with me, and she complained about having a few extra pounds, and i thought 'where?' ... My instinctive reaction was to give her another cookie...

I'm more strict for myself then for someone else, but I guess everyone is his own worst critic...

Ekim86
02-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh yea. me, my sister and here boyfriend have sag rising. And when jupiter came we all gained weight. :) *****.

Mr. Conjunct
02-01-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm also quite thin and my chart ruler Neptune :38: is conjunct Saturn. That probably limits my weight and I cannot gain weight no matter how much I eat. The other aspects to the ASC are sextile from Neptune and trine from Pluto.

Neptune Rising
02-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Yup, me too Sag rising, I was starting to think all my trousers and jeans had shrunk. Back to the jogging I think.

NR

archergirl
02-02-2008, 01:08 AM
I have Aquarius rising and Mars in the first house, in Pisces. (:mad: I can't stand having Mars in Pisces!) Despite the Aquarius rising, I am not thin, and have no trouble putting on weight if I work at it by eating lots of cake. But my weight has been stable for many years, plus or minus about five pounds. Thanks to Mars I typify that body type: naturally muscular and strong, bad tempered, and ruddy skin with reddish-brown hair! I'm naturally active (considering my sweet tooth, this is a blessing) and despite my best intentions, eat a pretty good diet (again, the Mars reference: I have Cancer on the 6th cusp, but Moon in Aries in the 3rd. I like very spicy food.).

I think a lot of factors go into body type and weight; certainly, planets in the 1st house will emphasize this, but perhaps the 'expression' of the 1st house ruler also comes into play. Madonna has a Virgo rising, after all, and she is both thin as befitting a Mercury ruler, and incredibly picky, which is Virgo, Virgo, Virgo. :p

Best,
AG:)

Moulin
02-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Hey

I'm 5'7" and 48kg's.. been the same weight exactly for over 20 yrs now, and i've had 3 kids (all boys).

Not sure what causes it - maybe Saturn in Aries?

starlink
02-15-2008, 10:32 AM
OK, I am a Taurus (njummy, chocolaholic!) and Asc. Scorpio and Moon-Jupiter conjunction (this is bound to make you fatter at some point in your life!!) but with a Venus-Mars conjunction in Aries (this counteracts it!).
I count myself to the YO-YO club.

When I was a kid, I was always skinny. Then at 15 I started to expand, and by age 17 I was 75 Kg!!! An agent for a model agency saw me, and told me that unfortunately I was too fat otherwise he would have taken me in. His girls as he called them, were in the range of 48kg.....

I decided to loose weight and within 1 year of constant exercise and eating half as much I went down to 65 kg. just good enough looking to catch my husband ha ha!!!

Then at 22, first baby, 25 second and with each kid I lost more weight so I ended at 60Kg. which, for my length is too little but I felt great with it. I remained like that for the next 20 years, not dropping or gaining anything.

After that slowly but surely I started gaining again and at 49 I was again 67 and my husband decided to change me in for a younger version (she looks scaringly much like me, only with blue eyes, mine are brown). This upset me so much that within 3 month I lost 12kg. So there I was at 55 kg. This lasted for about 2 years. I left him, met my now partner and within a couple of month started to gain weight again.

Ever since I'm battling again with my weight, it went up to 71 kg. again 2 years ago. I did the Metabolic balance diet, super, and lost 6 kg. within 2 month. This lasted for almost 2 years. Again I gained up till 71 and put myself at the beginning of this year on the same diet with result (the only diet that ever worked for me) It is 1.5 month later and I am down to 67.80 kg. (3.5 kg. less, not bad) and feeling so much better again and want to loose just 1.5 kilo more.

Star.

Squapius
02-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Wew... ...Astrology can answer why I´m so physically strong!
Mars in aries. I´m really very strong considering that I´m sedentary [Intense exercise just once a week], and I don´t have so much muscle...
...But geez I´m strong!!
...You were talking about saturn for the weight. I have capri saturn. I think that must give to me structure.
But I´m smally, and with a default diet my weight is like 57 kg.

deanna
02-16-2008, 04:30 AM
As a side note on weight/food.

Look at the sign on the Cusp of the 6th house-this is the food box.

Mars or Aries with the 6th house
Hungry, in a hurry, they want their food NOW! They wildly adore any food with the most unusual spices.

Venus or Taurus with the 6th house
Gimme more potatoes please! Any kind will do.

Gemini or Mercury with the 6th house
Small portions from a buffet - salads and raw crunchies.

Cancer or Moon with the 6th house
Goulash, stew, lasagna, anything thick and motherly will do the trick.

Leo or Sun with the 6th house
Fine dinning all the way. They don't care what they eat as long as it’s extraordinary.

Virgo or Mercury with the 6th house
A cheap health food joint impresses these people. They will happily much their lives away on Granola and yogurt.

Libra or Venus with the 6ht house
See Taurus but fewer potatoes. They love desserts that combine two or more textures – like raspberries and ice cream.

Scorpio or Pluto with the 6th house
Who’s afraid of garlic or sushi? Not me!

Sagittarius or Jupiter with the 6th house
They love all food! Jupiter has a big appetite!

Capricorn or Saturn with the 6th house
Take vitamins-- they like grim, no nonsense cafeterias with low prices and hot food.

Aquarius or Uranus with the sixth house
Haphazard gourmets is what they are. They like weird food.

Pisces or Neptune with the sixth house
They prefer seafood-particularly oysters and salmon.

(I have Taurus sun in the 6th house. The only thing that keeps me from eating my house is my Mercury in Gemini in the 6th/7th house cusp. I do love potatoes-- preferably mashed with lots of butter)

Cheers!

-De

alliewar
02-16-2008, 04:47 AM
Hmm
Interesting train of thought with Saturn...
I always saw my Saturn Venus opposition as an astrological cause for a miserable love life, but may be it restricts my chances to gain weight. I love sweet foods (cookies, pies), but although i can indulge it from time to time (although now less then earlier), i never seem to gain weight...

Jupiter was in my 1st house from october '03 until late september '04... I weighed 65kgs then... thinner as usual

Late september '04 i moved to another city, cause i went studying there... When most ppl seem to gain at least 5, 10kgs there, i still have same weight as in high school...

No that can't be it. I have a Saturn and Venus opposition and I can gain weight if I eat **** food like that.

astro.teacher
02-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Squapius,

Mars in aries. Im really very strong considering that Im sedentary [Intense exercise just once a week], and I dont have so much muscle...

Thats quite interesting, I as well have Mars in Aries and display the same feature, strength without large muscles. What House is your Mars placed in?

Squapius
02-29-2008, 10:05 PM
My mars is in 14 degree of the fourth house aries.

witch6
04-20-2008, 07:41 PM
ah!
im a cappy asc(saturn in sagg),and i have venus in libra in opp with jup in aries.
all my life im trying to be thin and skinny ,but im mostly" normal":mad:
when i was a kid ,i was chubby,then i started to eat so little ,ive lost many wight,and i really was as twiggy.
now with jup transiting my 1st im scared as ****.
although i kew a girl with sagg asc who lost 10 kg last year when jup was transiting her asc.
venus shows womens body and mars mens.
pipl with strong aspects of saturn with this planets r skinny (my friend has an opp to her venus -she can eat sooo much but she is like a supermodel).
however,those 1s with strong jup have problems.
jupiter does bring luck-sometimes u can easely lose wight but mostly,nah!
also there r moon and sun-we eat when we r excited,or happy,or in company (emotional respond).
yes,we should also look the asc ,but it shows more our facial configuration while mars and venus shows our acttually bodies.

what r your experiences whit jup. transiting your 1st house?

Neptune Rising
04-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Interesting thought, Jupiter has been going through my first house for over a year now. I'm no longer size 8, but now a snug size 10, UK.

Not sure if Jupiter through first slows you down or makes you larger.

My Mars is in Sag in the 1st house. I don't think I'll put on much more weight, I have too much drive, I'll burn it off somehow though I now refuse to go jogging, prefer something more soothing.

NR

witch6
04-21-2008, 04:54 PM
god,i HATE jupiter.
the aspect venus opp jup. has determend my ****** life!!!!!
im constantly on diets!

junetown
07-01-2008, 11:11 PM
i was rail thin up until i was about 18 1/2. at my lowest (while graduating highschool) i was 5'7" and 98 lbs. (forgive my ignorance in matters of converting to metric.)

i'm a gem rising, with a moon on my asc (like arian). my mother was also rail thin during her younger years.

i have jupiter square my ascendant, and perhaps that is why i've gained some weight since then (and could also indicate more expanding in the future eep!). Or perhaps the fact that my mother gained weight and I just take after her. (again, moon conj asc)

i wanted to show my sympathy for those dealing with low self image, especially due to people thinking you are "too thin". i know, as you know, that calling someone out because they are too skinny is just as damaging as calling a larger person out because of their extra baggage.

for anyone who thinks making comments about skinny people is okay, just because skinny can be "desirable" - think again! change your perspective on things! and let your children know that it isn't nice! having people call you things like anorexic and spider legs (to name a few of many) .. it hurts and taken the wrong way can cause self destructive habbits and of course it can still cause eating disorders.

and best of luck to all, myself included, to finding a way for us all to love ourselves - no matter what joe shmoe thinks.

Sansamark
08-11-2008, 06:59 AM
I would just like to agree with Junetown and say that it is so important to love yourself but yes first of all find a way tolove yourself. (http://www.hitflip.co.uk/dvds/) Through whatever means if you can love yourself - (http://www.hitflip.de/games/) life seems a lot safer and you don´t need to rely on others love for your own happiness.

GeminiSagRising
10-26-2008, 01:56 AM
I'm a Gemini Sun, Sag rising, Capricorn Moon (see sig),
I'm a 20 year old female, 5'4'', 120 lbs.
As a kid everyone thought I was anorexic because I've been very skinny most of my life... the thing is as a kid, I ate HUGE amounts of food! I was always eating fast food and junk food.
In junior high I hit puberty and plumped up a bit, but slimmed down quickly once my body adjusted.
I'm very skinny now, and while I've been trying to eat healthier lately, really I can eat whatever I want and I don't gain weight... literally! When I smoke I get mega munchies and eat everything in the house...
I can lift unusual amounts of weight for my size and I'm very physically strong for some reason... I usually work out.
My boyfriend is a Cancer Sun, Taurus Rising, Scorpio moon and has struggled with obesity since junior high, a lot of it being genetics. Everyone on his mother's side is very big... the woman are plump and volumptious, the men short, stocky and strong, boxer types.

LeoCassandra
11-27-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm very thin! Im 5'8 and half and weight 110lbs. I have stellium in capricorn (uranus,moon,neptune all square my Libra rising), Sun opposite Saturn, Mars conjunct Venus in virgo and asteroid Ceres square my Sun.