Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I see value in both

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

tsmall

Premium Member
There has probably already been a poll like this, but I am very curious to see how the members here identify themselves as astrologers. Please, no nasty or disparaging comments about one or the other, but feel free to say what attracts you to astrology. I would for this poll consider Vedic to be a type of traditional astrology.

Last edited:

Moog

I see myself as being more in alignment with Indian and traditional astrology, but that's not to say I see no value in some modern work.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I see value in both and apply both to readings. Kaiousei no Senshi says that I am a very extreme liberal traditionalist. :biggrin: The exception would be horary, I do use trad techniques, although Jacobson in Simplified Horary, uses modern planets, and I find her work brilliant.

TK

MaeMae

Banned
I consider myself a modernist, for sure, because I'm really all about psych astrology. I came to understand the differences (as I knew them) between traditional and modern when I couldn't accept the negative views trads put on saturn.
plus, i didn't see the psyche being addressed in the traditional realm as i saw it being addressed by modernists. it was a natural draw for me.

dr. farr

I, of course, voted for the "see value in both", actually I would say I see value in ALL (that includes Chinese astrology, Mahabote, Mayan, and all of them!)

tsmall

Premium Member
Interesting that so far 40% of responders see value in both. Do you suppose it's helpful or harmful to clarify which methods fit into which category of astrology?

Moog

I'm the only one who voted trad, which is funny, because I see value in learning about all kinds... I just have a preference for traditional and vedic material. Maybe I interpreted the question differently.

I see no harm in comparing systems, and maybe mixing things up, and perhaps incorporating elements of one with another.

The more I read of the various schools and traditions the more I can see the threads between them, and I get a better understanding of the art as a whole.

CapAquaPis

I am never one for labelling myself, perhaps that's my Sag ascendant in Pisces, so I voted 'both' but would prefer the term, 'undefined'...

Just by that: you're more a Jovial personality than a Neptunian riser. :whistling:
Neptune like the other 3 generational planets (Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus) are fascinated with the realms of science, such as myself when my Uranus in a watery pool of Scorpio and Saturn in shaky earthy Virgo concerns themselves with meteorology/weather and atmospheric sciences, and seismology/earthquakes or volcanoes. Jupiter and Neptune influences make one want to look into outer space and the oceans-inner space, then I thought Saturn and Uranus conjunctions with the other two worlds make one develop a fascination with astronomy to pursue scientific discoveries.

Neptune Rising

Just by that: you're more a Jovial personality than a Neptunian riser. :whistling:

Neptune like the other 3 generational planets (Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus) are fascinated with the realms of science, such as myself when my Uranus in a watery pool of Scorpio and Saturn in shaky earthy Virgo concerns themselves with meteorology/weather and atmospheric sciences, and seismology/earthquakes or volcanoes. Jupiter and Neptune influences make one want to look into outer space and the oceans-inner space, then I thought Saturn and Uranus conjunctions with the other two worlds make one develop a fascination with astronomy to pursue scientific discoveries.

Yes, very true words, I can relate to that.. Uranus in Scorpio, very fascinated with all things beyond the surface, upper and inner.

Saturn though, in Cancer, I used to want to be a archeologist when I was a little girl...

Though, my Uranian Mercury/Venus in trine with Pluto brings me back to the love of scientific exploration of inner and outer worlds :smile::smile:

CapAquaPis

Yes, very true words, I can relate to that.. Uranus in Scorpio, very fascinated with all things beyond the surface, upper and inner.

Saturn though, in Cancer, I used to want to be a archeologist when I was a little girl...

Though, my Uranian Mercury/Venus in trine with Pluto brings me back to the love of scientific exploration of inner and outer worlds :smile::smile:

I'm guessing Saturn was in Gemini the sign associated with technology and computers, according to sidereal astrologers placed the sun, moon and planets one sign behind the stated western or tropical astrology method.