PDA

View Full Version : Firdaria

Omnisphericus
04-16-2012, 12:00 AM
The word Firdaria means "Planetary Period". It is a certain kind of method giving its planet certain rulership through the course of life.
First I will give short introduction of the method, then I will give some quotes by the medieval astrologers of using the Firdaria.
Once again I need to stress how much important is having a good delineation of the natal chart before using any kind of Predictive Technique. I will stress out that the native chart is showing the promise of WHAT, and the predictive technique the time of it or WHEN.

The Firdaria rulership of the planets is showing the overall clime of certain period, it is a certain kind of overall biography of that period of your life, and when summing them all up, biography of the whole life.

For calculating the Firdaria you can visit the following site specified for it:
http://firdaria.com/calculator.php
Do not forget to click on the day/night button in order to determine the application to count according to your geniture.

Or download the new version of the Morinus software which is specified for traditional astrology and you can find it free on web (just google it).

Lets start with the examination of the method.
This is a circle on which you can see the Chaldean order of the planets:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2kkcq8.png
Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon.
But if you walk with the seven pointed star you can actually see the order of the planets according to their rulership with the days of the week:

Saturn - Saturday (Saturn-day)
Sun - Sunday (Suns-day)
Moon - Monday (Moons-day)
Mars - Tuesday
Mercury - Wednesday
Jupiter - Thursday
Venus - Friday

Each planet rules certain amount of years in the chart.
Sun rules 10 years.
Venus 8
Mercury 13
Moon 9
Saturn 11
Jupiter 12
Mars 7
North Node 3
South Node 2

If a person is born through the day (day chart) the sequence of the rulership begins with the Sun. Sun rules the first 10 years of the life of the person. Next 8 years are ruled by Venus, third by Mercury and so on according to the Chaldean order of the planets.
In a night chart the sequence begin with the Moon.

There are also sub-period rulers which goes the same.
Sun-Sun is the first sub-period.
Sun-Venus the 2nd.
Sun-Mercury the third and so on.

This is the method.
When you know that some period is ruled by certain planet you look at that planet in your chart; its position, zodiacal state, local determination (by house), its aspects and etc.
Then, for further details you look for the ruler of the Sub-Period.
So, the planet ruling the period is having 'the last word' but the ruler of the sub-period is also very important.
People often married (altough this is not the general rule) when the ruler of the 1st and the 7th are rulers of the Firdaria period.
I have often seen Sun ruling the sub-period in women's chart is indicating marriage in those years.
What I often do when some client ask me for times for marriage to look at the ruler of their 7th and the Sun (of they are female), to be Firdaria ruler or sub-ruler. It is often the case to be like this, but it is not of a 'must be' rule.

Here is why delineating the natal chart is of much importance.
What if Marriage is not promised in the natal figure? I know that this is often hard to tell, but there are occasions when the natal chart is showing difficult times or no hope for marriage, and it is very stupid to predict marriage of such a person, you only fire up the Hope and Eagerness in that person. I know that this sounds too deterministic, but traditional astrology in many ways is like that. I don't think that we do not have any amount of free will, but this will is limited, there are greater powers which are playing role here. Maybe God is having some other plan for that person, and Astrology for me is a tool for reading God's intentions (though not God's Mind) and interpret them.

Omnisphericus
04-16-2012, 12:04 AM
BTW don't be confused when I said that the native will be favored by the father and will be oppositioned by him.
It is very possible if you have a possessive and dominating father figure.

Omnisphericus
04-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Quote from Bonnati

“And if they are evilly disposed by increasing evil and decreasing the
good. And this is a laborious matter, although, it ought to be well
observed because some astrologers, avoiding the labour, do not ever
consider this [the firdaria] in their judgements whence they fall into
deception.”

I should comment on the Nodes too.
Bonatti tells us that they always come last.
But Zoller says - and I can see that the Morinus software is calculating the same, that is, that the Nodes always come after Mars. Well, with diurnal genitures this falls naturally because Mars is the last planet ruling the Firdaria.
While in the nocturnal genitures, Mars is not the last in the sequence.
However, I think that the Zoler's method of using them always (i.e. in day and night genitures) after Mars is a good one.

tsmall
04-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Quick question, how do you find the firdaria in Morinus? Also, if you don't mind answering, how do we know when the sub-rulers are active, and for how long? Do the sub-rulers also follow the Chaldean order?

Omnisphericus
04-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Quick question, how do you find the firdaria in Morinus? Also, if you don't mind answering, how do we know when the sub-rulers are active, and for how long? Do the sub-rulers also follow the Chaldean order?

Just click ctrl + F9 button :)
(Or you can find it in the Tables section, but assuming that you have the latest version which was released few days ago. In the earlier version Firdaria was not incorporated).

Yes, the sub-rulers also use the Chaldean Order.

Moog
04-16-2012, 02:23 PM
I didn't know fidaria was a feature in Morinus now... not reading the changelog properly.

Omni, would you mind perhaps chopping down your chart in the OP, as it's stretched the page on my monitor. It makes reading the thread awkward. Trimming the excess space either side would do it.

Omnisphericus
04-16-2012, 02:27 PM
I didn't know fidaria was a feature in Morinus now... not reading the changelog properly.

Omni, would you mind perhaps chopping down your chart in the OP, as it's stretched the page on my monitor. It makes reading the thread awkward. Trimming the excess space either side would do it.

Hi, do you mean to upload the chart in the attachment section? I don't understand?!

Moog
04-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Hi, do you mean to upload the chart in the attachment section? I don't understand?!

I mean that the chart you've posted is very wide, and it's made the page format (as displayed on my monitor) about twice as wide as normal. Which means I have to scroll the screen left and right as well as up and down.

It's only a minor thing, but it would help readability.

Thank you for making the thread, it looks most interesting.

Omnisphericus
04-16-2012, 03:25 PM

Here's the chart.
I don't know why is that. In my screen it is right in the center, I do not need to go left/right to see the whole picture.
Do all of you has the same problem with the picture?
I've uploaded it through tinypic website and checked the section for forum size picture, I can't see where can be the problem.

sandstone
04-16-2012, 04:12 PM
omni - the pic lands right in the middle and nicely for me..

Moog
04-16-2012, 06:55 PM
I suspect you've probably both got bigger monitors running a higher resolution, unless there's something else going on.

Moog
04-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Here's how the forum usually looks on my computer: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=881&pictureid=4503

Here's how this thread displays:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=881&pictureid=4504
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=881&pictureid=4505
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=881&pictureid=4506

sandstone
04-16-2012, 08:33 PM
hi moog,

you are right about my screen size which might explain the 'why' here..

Omnisphericus
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
But I have normal lap-top screen size and I can see the whole picture.
The problem is not in the size of the screen but in your resolution of the screen.
You need to make smaller resolution.

JUPITERASC
04-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Moog perhaps you can tweak your computer somehow? I can view the whole picture with no problems Omnisphericus - many thanks! :smile:

Moog
04-17-2012, 12:19 PM
It's not my computer that I'm accessing the site from, so I'm not comfortable fiddling with the monitor and other settings to make a higher resolution workable. Besides, everything else is functioning adequately.

I eventually just copied the text into notepad, it's significantly easier to follow.

Sorry for clogging up the thread with this trivial problem which seems to be mine alone :whistling:

Neptune Rising
04-18-2012, 09:54 AM
The graphic is too big, the OP would need to re-post the original graphic and as already mentioned, cut the excess space from the sides of the chart - 'crop' the picture to remove the blank space around the chart circle.

Omnisphericus
04-18-2012, 01:38 PM
The graphic is too big, the OP would need to re-post the original graphic and as already mentioned, cut the excess space from the sides of the chart - 'crop' the picture to remove the blank space around the chart circle.

Is it now ok? I've changed the picture.

Neptune Rising
04-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Is it now ok? I've changed the picture.

Perfect, thanks :wink:

poyi
05-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Hi Omnisphericus

Thank you for this link! I used the Firdaria calculator. The general interpretation are very accurate indeed and describe the bigger pictures of my first 3 stages of Firdaria very well!

I started with Moon, Saturn, Jupiter (currently at 2003-2014), then Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, North node, South node, Moon and Saturn again!!

My Chinese horoscope and 8 words also suggest the same tends as above! It's really fascinated me when I see the same answers popping up again and again even using different methods! :tongue:

!4C
01-10-2013, 06:50 PM
What is the deal with the nodal phases? They seem out of place.

byjove
01-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Previously I wasn't so sure if this was a technique which I'd find much use of. There were however sharp turns in my life (some of them very pleasant!) which seem to link up with the Fidaria periods. I'll get stuck into this again soon. Thanks for the tips! :joyful:

Omnisphericus
01-11-2013, 03:25 AM
Hi all,

I am glad that you liked the posts about Firdaria and that you found this technique to be useful in your own delineations.

I recommend you Abu Ma'shar's book on Solar Revolutions, where he combines the Firdaria rulers with the Solar Revolution (Return). Pretty good technique.

byjove
01-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Omni, I've now read everything here and made good use of the materials, thank you for this.

- I have two questions; which marriage indicators would you use if your client were gay? I'm interested in male/male but knowing female/female would be good for knowledge too. Would it be the Sun and Saturn or Mars?

- Also, as for marriage promise in the natal chart and then considering Firdaria, what if the 1st or 7th rulers had mixed aspects; challenging and supportive? Would it take a closer look at those aspects to better understand what to expect?

For anyone with a strong Sun and has a day chart, I just noticed that we get the benefits of the Sun a bit late in life :surprised: ; in old age! We ought to make good use of the sub-periods of the Sun - I just looked and noticed my last sub-Sun period was an extremely happy one, I was drunk on happiness... My next one is mid 2014 :lol: :love:

p.s. TSmall, I think Valens used a slightly different Firdaria structure, just for the Hellenists among us. I could be wrong but I thought I seen a different method applied than here. :andy:

dr. farr
01-12-2013, 05:53 AM
There were several Firdaria variations down through history.

Relative to marriage, and other specific areas of life as well, I think the specific Lots help in determining likely times, whether using Fridaria, profection, or even Vedic dasha techniques, for time-estimations.

Omnisphericus
01-12-2013, 06:15 AM
- I have two questions; which marriage indicators would you use if your client were gay? I'm interested in male/male but knowing female/female would be good for knowledge too. Would it be the Sun and Saturn or Mars?

Some say to use Sun in male chart and Moon in female chart.
Because, traditionally, Sun is significator [one of the significators] for husband, so in a male gay chart, these people suggest to use Sun instead of Moon as significator for wife.
Play a bit with these things so you may find them worthy of investigation.

- Also, as for marriage promise in the natal chart and then considering Firdaria, what if the 1st or 7th rulers had mixed aspects; challenging and supportive? Would it take a closer look at those aspects to better understand what to expect?

I have found that when L1 and L7 rule the Firdariyyah, they often times bring marriage unions. If aspect is square without reception, this is one of the indicators that there will be many quarels between the native and the partner, and even divorce.
Again, this is indication not only for marriage and romantic unions, but it is an indication that the native will have often fights with other people in general, because 7th signifies Other People with whom we come in contact, one on one.
Furthermore, if there is an aversion between these two lords, that is, they do not see each other with a classical aspect, this is one of the indications of a person not getting in to marriage union, and that the connection with other people is problematic, relationship of any sort often time brakes without any particular cause.

p.s. TSmall, I think Valens used a slightly different Firdaria structure, just for the Hellenists among us. I could be wrong but I thought I seen a different method applied than here. :andy:

Valens used the so called Decennials.
Here is an artical on decennials:

http://beyondtheheaven.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/decennials-ancient-timing-technique/

byjove
01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Can anyone tell more about the nature of the ruler of a period and the sub-period? I'm trying to determine the bounderies of each ruler. When I see the sub-ruler, I think, exactly how much influence does the main ruler of the period have? Is there any sense of 'the influence of the sub-ruler must pass through the theme of the ruler of the period'?

I really have to say that in the time that I've been testing this, it links up with sudden changes which transits and progressions have not been showing. The most dignified planets in my chart correlate very well with the happiest periods of my life - the years that they ruled. I'm unsure about the exact nature/condition of one planet in my chart, which is now sub-ruling, but time will tell...:w00t:

byjove
01-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Some say to use Sun in male chart and Moon in female chart.
Because, traditionally, Sun is significator [one of the significators] for husband, so in a male gay chart, these people suggest to use Sun instead of Moon as significator for wife.
Play a bit with these things so you may find them worthy of investigation.

I will indeed. I was just snooping at older threads on this where this has come up. Some say use Mars, becuase Mars represents male attraction generally. There may indeed be an argument for the Sun - Mariah Carey, Capricorn on the 7th, Sun in the 10th - she married her manager didn't she? But he was controlling and it disolved. I wonder if there are any astrologers on here who've seen this already that could indicate one way or another?

It's very important to me. I like to get a taste of my career potential as much as my marriage. If the Sun takes the lead for indicating husband in my chart (or even Mars), over the traditionally-used Moon, it really would make all the difference in my chart.

princess valhalla
01-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Hello! I am very interested in learning some traditional techniques, however, this is WAY beyond my scope of knowledge. I am currently in the process of learning modern astrology but I am still a novice in that. To me all knowledge is good knowledge and eventually I hope to be well practiced in both. Problem is, I own no astrology books and I gain most of my knowledge through AW, which has helped me greatly and I respect all the contributing members on the forum. Financially I can't afford to buy books presently.

Anyways! I went to the Firdaria calculator. I am under "Moon Period."
Moon/Saturn : April 3, 2012
Moon/Jupiter : July 17, 2013

If anyone could tell me what these periods represent, I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

Omnisphericus
01-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Hi, without looking at your chart it is hard to tell what one can expect from the Moon period..

I hope to be well practiced in both

In my opinion, there is no way reconciling both approaches, modern and traditional. Eventually you would need to pick just one and follow the thread.

princess valhalla
01-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the reply! However, I believe that one can successfully learn many techniques and implement them to good use. It seems there are several astrologers on AW that have an eclectic approach that seems to work for them. :smile:

Omnisphericus
01-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the reply! However, I believe that one can successfully learn many techniques and implement them to good use. It seems there are several astrologers on AW that have an eclectic approach that seems to work for them. :smile:

Well, everyone with their own..
It seems out that eclecticism is quite popular in 20 and 21st century. But the question is, why do you want to mix them both? Why you don't stick with one? And the last question is, if those techniques worked for more then 20 centuries, why to replace them with a new ones? Were not the old astrologers good at what they did and in that account, we need merging their tools with a new set of approaches and techniques?
My point is, try to learn it the way it was thought and used in the tradition, and if you are not satisfied, then leave them or mix them. But my advise is, please don't start with mixing them. Just a friendly advise, based on my experience of seeing people going down that road of mixing even before they learned the foundational principles of this Art.

JUPITERASC
01-28-2013, 07:36 PM
dr. farr is an excellent example of a self-styled eclectic who frequently posts that he uses Vedic, Traditional, Modern, Hellenistic, Ankara as well any any number of Hermetic techniques HOWEVER dr. farr has at least four decades of experience!

As Omnisphericus has said

In my opinion, there is no way reconciling both approaches, modern and traditional. Eventually you would need to pick just one and follow the thread.
And that may simply be because it takes DECADES of experimentation and reasearch to develop one's own HIGHLY INDIVIDUAL eclectic approach that is ALSO successful :smile:

princess valhalla
01-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Valid point. It's not that I want to mix them both but as a Sag, I like to explore all options and then decide which would work best for me. I realize there is a lot of arguments between astrologers concerning traditional vs. modern techniques. I am not knowledgeable enough to go there, nor do I want to. lol :lol:
Traditional has been more difficult, as a beginner, to wrap my head around. Plus I own no books, traditional nor modern. I do have a desire to learn traditional techniques but have no resources for it. I've learned everything I've known thus far on AW and it seems there is way more info on modern as opposed to traditional. The only member I know of who practices traditional is Tsmall. I just started looking on the traditional thread tucked away in 'other astrology.'
I will keep what you say in mind, as I do want to learn the foundations of astrology. :sideways:

princess valhalla
01-28-2013, 07:51 PM
yes, Dr. Farr is a great example and as you pointed out he has decades of experience. One day, maybe I can become as knowledgeable. :)

JUPITERASC
01-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Valid point. It's not that I want to mix them both but as a Sag, I like to explore all options and then decide which would work best for me. I realize there is a lot of arguments between astrologers concerning traditional vs. modern techniques. I am not knowledgeable enough to go there, nor do I want to. lol :lol:

Traditional has been more difficult, as a beginner, to wrap my head around.

Plus I own no books, traditional nor modern.

I do have a desire to learn traditional techniques but have no resources for it. I've learned everything I've known thus far on AW and it seems there is way more info on modern as opposed to traditional. The only member I know of who practices traditional is Tsmall. I just started looking on the traditional thread tucked away in 'other astrology.'
I will keep what you say in mind, as I do want to learn the foundations of astrology. :sideways:
A great resource providing FREE online TRADITIONAL ASTROLOGY TEXTS http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html
yes, Dr. Farr is a great example and as you pointed out he has decades of experience. One day, maybe I can become as knowledgeable. :)
Interestingly, dr. farr also posted that he used Placidus for three decades BEFORE THEN changing to Whole Sign!!

So it is therefore clear that astrology - whether Modern, Traditional OR Eclectic - requires time as well as much thoughtful study to master successfully :smile:

princess valhalla
01-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the link! I will def. check it out. Tsmall, also gave me a link I need to look at as well.
I do believe that learning is a never ending process!
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ~Gandhi

tsmall
01-28-2013, 08:43 PM

byjove, yes. Hellenistic astrology does use something slightly different, called zodiacal releasing. Very similar in concept though.

tsmall
01-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Traditional has been more difficult, as a beginner, to wrap my head around. Plus I own no books, traditional nor modern. I do have a desire to learn traditional techniques but have no resources for it. I've learned everything I've known thus far on AW and it seems there is way more info on modern as opposed to traditional. The only member I know of who practices traditional is Tsmall. I just started looking on the traditional thread tucked away in 'other astrology.'

Well thanks for that Princess V, but I'm sure/hope you see that there are other members here who practice traditional astrology too? Um, like Omnisphericus who started this thread...:surprised: The traditional forum here has quite a bit of information already, and one thing I have found is that if you post a question there about a method, or a term you don't understand, plenty of people here are willing to help you with it. :happy:

Omnisphericus
01-28-2013, 09:05 PM
p.s. TSmall, I think Valens used a slightly different Firdaria structure, just for the Hellenists among us. I could be wrong but I thought I seen a different method applied than here. :andy:byjove, yes. Hellenistic astrology does use something slightly different, called zodiacal releasing. Very similar in concept though.

He probably refers on Decennials?

!4C
01-28-2013, 09:19 PM
I see the value in observing the planetary periods for a big picture of life phases, but the sub-planetary periods don't look that useful when compared to transits, progressions, directions, ect.

tsmall
01-28-2013, 09:26 PM
He probably refers on Decennials?

Yes that too. :smile:

wintersprite1
01-28-2013, 11:17 PM
A reminder to all. This is the Traditional Forum and replies and postings are to be respectful of traditional Astrology. Please feel free to post modern techniques elsewhere on the forum. No where in the forum is the attempt to discredit one form over the other one allowed.

Off topic posts and those of who is the better astrologer have and will continue to be deleted.

TK

JUPITERASC
01-28-2013, 11:34 PM
“Time-lord systems, break up a person’s life into specific sections or chapters that are each ruled by one of the seven traditional planets :smile:

Nature of planet and its condition in a natal chart determines how well the period will go for the native when that planet becomes activated at various points in life. 9th century Muslim astrologer Abu Ma’shar appears to be the principal source for Firdaria, outlining this time-lord system in 'On Solar Revolutions' - Seven stars, and the Ascending and Descending Nodes, have certain determinate times: each star administers to the native in accordance with its proper firdar....”

“...The firdar of the Sun is 10 years
Aphrodite, 8
Hermes, 13
the Moon, 9
Kronos, 11
Zeus 12
Ares, 7
of the Ascending Node, 3
of the Descending Node 2
– altogether, they are 75.

In the case of a diurnal nativity the Sun takes the governorship of the first firdar, whether it should be present, then Aphrodite, then Hermes, then the Moon, then Kronos, in accordance with the order of their zones.

In the case of nocturnal nativities, the Moon takes the first firdar, then Kronos, then Zeus, then Ares, in accordance with the prior order....” source: Abu Ma’shar, On Solar Revolutions, part 2, trans. Robert Schmidt, The Phaser Foundation, Cumberland, MD, 1999, pg. 42.

“.....Firdaria commence with Sun or Moon depending on whether it's a day or night chart,

then each planet is assigned a number of years.

Ancient traditions of astrology employed time-lord systems first in any delineation because they provide information about broad spans of time, when specific planets will be activated during exact periods in the life, for better or worse. Transits are then used as the very last line in predictive work to act as triggers, or as more precise timing indicators.

This differs considerably from modern prediction approaches which employ transits as the initial and primary means of forecasting....”

Firdaria: A Medieval Time Lord System
article by Chris Brennan http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2007/10/16/firdaria-a-medieval-time-lord-system/

The Firdar
by Steven Birchfield A.M.A. http://www.astrologiamedieval.com/firdaria.htm

byjove
01-29-2013, 11:32 AM
I see the value in observing the planetary periods for a big picture of life phases, but the sub-planetary periods don't look that useful when compared to transits, progressions, directions, ect.

Hmm I'd say give it a shot...my happiest times of my life where when the Sun and Jupiter were sub-rulers, which just happen to be the best-placed planets in my natal chart. I had a terrible delay in studying abroad for college one year...I notice now that Saturn ruled that year. The next year I received financial assistance 'out of the blue' which enabled me to travel - Jupiter was the sub-ruler, including all the time abroad. If I have an OK grasp on interpreting it, I think it matches my life well. There were sudden changes which progressions and transits never showed and I never forgot that.

!4C
01-29-2013, 12:54 PM
...my happiest times of my life where when the Sun and Jupiter were sub-rulers, which just happen to be the best-placed planets in my natal chart. The most fortunate period for me (materialistically) was during the Jupiter/Sun period. Jupiter is on my MC and sun is in the 5th house. I got a windfall in cash. I was sent on job assignment far away from my manager and the work was actually fun. The place had a lot of new and interesting things to do. Strangers walked up to me and started talking to me like they have known me all their lives. However, the adventure was only a vacation from my ongoing concern that my life is headed in thew wrong direction. Furthermore, this fortunate period was only about 1/4 of the entire jupiter/sun period. The other 3/4 was misery.

!4C
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Ancient traditions of astrology employed time-lord systems first in any delineation because they provide information about broad spans of time, when specific planets will be activated during exact periods in the life, for better or worse. Transits are then used as the very last line in predictive work to act as triggers, or as more precise timing indicators. It appears the firdaria is based on the synodic cycles between transiting planets and their natal position (ie transiting mars to natal mars). These occur roughly the same time in life for everyone. However, it doesn't consider cycles between different planets, which people are born into at different times. Therefore, firdaria is a simplified way to describe a subset of transits occurring in one's life. A more comprehensive transit analysis is necessary to determine if the potential of firdaria will be fulfilled or trumped by more significant transit cycles.

princess valhalla
01-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Well thanks for that Princess V, but I'm sure/hope you see that there are other members here who practice traditional astrology too? Um, like Omnisphericus who started this thread...:surprised: The traditional forum here has quite a bit of information already, and one thing I have found is that if you post a question there about a method, or a term you don't understand, plenty of people here are willing to help you with it. :happy:

I meant that I have interacted with on this forum.

JUPITERASC
01-31-2013, 12:39 AM
It appears the firdaria is based on the synodic cycles between transiting planets and their natal position (ie transiting mars to natal mars). These occur roughly the same time in life for everyone. However, it doesn't consider cycles between different planets, which people are born into at different times. Therefore, firdaria is a simplified way to describe a subset of transits occurring in one's life. A more comprehensive transit analysis is necessary to determine if the potential of firdaria will be fulfilled or trumped by more significant transit cycles.
Remember that Firdaria are Medieval and not considered solely in isolation but in tandem with other Medieval techniques as illustrated by Omnisphericus :smile:

Prior to Medieval times, Ancient Hellenistic astrologers used SEVERAL Time Lord Systems that included for example, Zodiacal Releasing

!4C
02-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Are relocation charts ever used for interpretation in the firdaria method? My guess is no, but I thought I would ask.

dr. farr
02-04-2013, 03:15 AM
I am not aware of such connections however they certainly COULD be used; same with the Vedic dasha and bukti periods/sub-periods, which are so close to the Fridaria concept (although the calculating methodology is quite different)-any of these ancient methods COULD be applied to the more "modern" field of relocation charts, much as I have applied many of the oldtime techniques in my own eclectic approach (which includes much taken from Modernist astrology, and Vedic astrology, in addition to Traditionalist and Hellenistic astrology)

!4C
02-04-2013, 11:38 PM
I looked a senator mccain's chart as test. Unfortunately, his chart his barely a day chart and could be contestable. His sun is less than a degree above his descendant. Assuming he is a day chart, he just entered his sun period when taken captive in hanoi. He was held there for approximately 5.5 years. If you use his relocated chart for hanoi, his sun is in the 12th house of imprisonment. That seems promising to me.

Arena
01-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Interesting. But if the nodes are used at all, then why are they not used in subperiods as well?

theV
03-05-2015, 09:09 PM
I am one of the people who approve the firdaria method. I found it valid and true, I have applied on my life and noticed that period mention in fidaria describes well what I was going through .

Arena
03-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Thanks V
Do you use the nodes in the subperiods?

theV
03-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Thanks V
Do you use the nodes in the subperiods?

I wish you would cooperate more,because I am not familiar that much with the methods. Of course I have read my lifetime period but I haven't delved in Firdaria.

kaktuzz
10-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Hello, I just finished working on alternative free Firdaria calculator:
horoscopes.astro-seek.com/firdaria-astrology-calculator (https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/firdaria-astrology-calculator)

It calculates both period sequences - for day birth and for night birth (both variants with lunar nodes) ... and there is a simple switch to compare each subperiod date with transit chart or solar return.

so feel free to use it :)