PDA

View Full Version : My Chart makes sense if read nocturnally

Blandy
02-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Okay,
Obviously my chart is nocturnal, so I could never relate to the general aspects. I can relate to my chart a lot more now, especially my moon in capricorn in the 8th house, above the horizon.
I was just wondering, since the moon is in capricorn nocturnally, does the detriment still apply, and if so...does that cancel out the hayz?
It's strange, I don't know why a lot of astrologers don't take into consideration the dinural/nocturnal aspects of a chart.
Hmm, I guess with the whole male movement/post goddess era, the feminine was minimized in astrology.
I guess the only planets I have out of sect completely are Venus, Sun, and Mercury(through the influence of the sun)....Pluto's sect is still unknown

AquarianEssence
02-19-2007, 10:41 AM
It would be nice if we had some additional adjectives in the English language to fit these special cases. Although the traditional definition says Moon is in her detriment it is very necessary, as is Moon in Scorpio. Imagine a child for whom you nuture but never discipline. Capricorn is the hard work of motherhood. It's very uncomforatable to have to chastise our children but necessary. Also, a mother is in her detriment (actually her children are) if she must leave them to work out in the world for income to feed them. Notice she is exalted in Taurus, the sign of value.

Moon rules the triplicity during the night so she has dignity anyway. She has more dignity by being in Jupiter's term and Mars' face because they are in mutual reception buy ruler-exaltation.

Since you're asking questions about your Moon, it may come from the fact that she is Void of Course. She is only half way through the sign but her last aspect was trine Sun and is not within orb of any major aspects until she leaves Capricorn. You have this in common with me along with the bowl configuration. Please see the Natal Moon Void thread and consider the questions I pose.

astro.teacher
02-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Your chart SHOULD be read Nocturnally since you were born at night. As for your Moon in Capricorn, yes I believe the detriment still applies whether it be by day or night, however you get 3 points for Triplicity but -5 for Detriment. Which gives you a -2 which is of less strength. Hope that helps!

Aaron Brody - Astro.Teacher
http://antiquus.50webs.com (http://antiquus.50webs.com/)
Antiquus Astrologia