Scorpio 7: Deep-sea Divers (James Cameron)

sdh3

In his book entitled "The Sabian Symbols in Astrology", Marc Jones gives the following wording for Scorpio 7--"Deep-sea divers."

Every so often events in the news remind one of the Sabian Symbols and today's news about film-maker James Cameron's deepest-ever solo submarine dive is a prime example. From the National Geographic, "James Cameron Now at Ocean's Deepest Point":

At 5:52 p.m. ET Sunday (7:52 a.m. Monday, local time), James Cameron arrived at the Mariana Trench's Challenger Deep, members of the National Geographic expedition have confirmed.

His depth on arrival: 35,756 feet (10,898 meters)—a figure unattainable anywhere else in the ocean.

Reaching bottom after a 2-hour-and-36-minute descent, the National Geographic explorer and filmmaker typed out welcome words for the cheering support crew waiting at the surface: "All systems OK."

Folded into a sub cockpit as cramped as any Apollo capsule, the National Geographic explorer and frilmmaker is now investigating a seascape more alien to humans than the moon. Cameron is only the third person to reach this Pacific Ocean valley southwest of Guam (map)—and the only one to do so solo.

MaeMae

Banned
this is one of the most fascinating things i've seen a while. i followed his last trip to titanic but wrote it off as movie~pandering.
this shows me otherwise.
is james cameron 7' scorpio, really?
how fitting.
it only took him 3 some hours to desc. and 1 .5 to resurface.
i'd totally do it!!!!
i have pluto at 7' but no scorpio.