PDA

View Full Version : Just saying

Munch
03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Pluto does not equal Scorpio and vice versa.

Uranus does not equal Aquarius.

Neptune does not equal Pisces.

I see this all of the time and just wanted to point it out. They are not the same thing. They may have an affinity for each other and some would even say the outer planets rule the above mentioned signs but that doesn't make them one and the same.

I don't really know why I felt compelled to post this, except that hopefully people remember. It does have a bearing on ones ability to properly delineate a chart.

[moved to Traditional Astrology since Modern Astrologers might differ with this interpretation - Moderator]

Frank
03-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Absolutely. I've been saying this for years and I take it a step farther:

Planets do not equal signs do not equal houses.

Munch
03-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Good follow up point Frank. It gets way too easy to just make a quick judgement based on generalities. All too often this results in incomplete readings where the subtle details that fine tune behavioral tendencies (for instance) get shuffled under the rug and missed all together.

This is actually why I stick to the original Rulers but that's another post. :innocent:

Ixaee
03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I believe many of us (myself included) only speak of them together generally...

I know the difference between planets and signs. However, speaking about general attributes, I do sometimes group them together to imply similarities. Nothing more.

Munch
03-12-2012, 10:04 PM
I suppose that this post is more for those that are just starting out.

If I was new and saw all of the generalizatins pandered about, I'd draw the conclusions that it all equates to the same thing, but I get ya.

dr. farr
03-13-2012, 03:24 AM
I agree, and since we are talking about = (not merely affinitive) I'll add the following:
(here = means "the same as")
Sun does not = Leo
Mars does not = Aries or Scoprio
Moon does not = Cancer
Mercury does not = Gemini or Virgo
Venus does not = Taurus or Libra
Jupiter does not = Sagittarius or Pisces
Saturn does not = Capricorn or Aquarius

That each planet is domicile/lord/dispositor/ruler/affinitive to each respective sign, yes, absolutely so; but one does NOT equal the other, ie, they are not the same thing!