should I learn Chinese?

Sanem

with China being the world power on the rise, would it be useful for me to learn Chinese now? career related I mean

MC ruled by Neptune, opposing 3H Saturn at a 2 degree orb? or would Jupiter be a better ruler?
and Saturn at a 3 degree orb opposition 3H ruler Sun
chart ruler Libra Moon, close to 5H cusp, easing the opposition

Themis

hi Sanem, i would like to give it a shot to your question. you're the querent, thus Cancer, significator the Moon. a foreign language-Chinese is of 9th matter, so quesited Aquarius, thus significator Saturn. Moon is applying to Saturn for a sextile. i think the anwser is "Yes", you should learn Chinese.

now let's have a closer look at the career concerned learning. Career is 10th, so Pisces is ruled by Jupiter. Jupiter is very dignified since it's in Sag. in addition, the ASC degree is at 15° Cancer, is the exaltation degree of Jupiter as well. adding to the separating Moon sextile Jupiter aspect everything seems to show that you are probably very very conscious of this issue---learning Chinese, this foreign language for the career concerns. and you might be already on the go for it. but please note that Chinese in this chart is reprented by Saturn very debilitated, he is retrograded, in detriment and in cadent house---this shows the potential obstacles of this language---personally i think this might indicate the level of difficulty for you, as Chinese is recognized as one of the most difficult languages of the world, but at the same time, the speakers are already a lot---all the Chinese population so the competition would be rude. but the significator of you---the consultant--the Moon is in Libra, the sign of China. so in sythesizing everything, i would say that given your desire and career concerns, you should learn Chinese, but probably not to the perfection---you might probably learn some usesful business conversations sufficiently for general affairs, but you might not become a sinologue due to the difficulties around this language.:D it's just my 2 cents. wish it useful.

Last edited:

Sanem

2rainbows, true enough China is not the world power, no more so than India

but Asia is one of the few influential places where I can't understand a word of the language, and English isn't that common. still I'd probably be better off with Japanese

Themis, thanks for the interpretation, this way I hope to learn about horary

although in hindsight I'm more attractected to Japanese from a 5H point of view, with a strong link to 10H (I love Japanese movies and I hope to become an Aikido teacher one day)

can I use the same chart for that? my question concerned a language from Asia, also concidering that Chinese has no dominant form

using 5H I see the conflict between MC Venus and her Jupiter ruler

so it'd be of great help and fun in my public life, but there is a conflict with the overambitious daily discipline it requires

lilllybelle

Chinese isn't a language. They speak manderin and cantonese, and possibly other languages, in China. Saying you want to learn chinese is similar to saying that you want to learn Australian or Philippino. Please don't offence to my correction.

Sanem

lol, none taken Lilly :D
on the contrary thanks for the explanation

which also invalidates my horary question more
and draws me more towards swapping Chinese for an oriental language in general, ie Japanese