PDA

View Full Version : Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

piscesascendant
03-01-2012, 07:14 PM
I do not have Moon in Capricorn, but know of several people who do. I have a... "distaste" for their apparently emotionless selves. They may have achieved much in life, sure, but I really dislike their cold, emotionless nature. It's being near a cold stone. Perhaps achievement is the thing that satisfies their moon Granted, there could very well be other factors contributing to the feeling, but I've noticed a pattern that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if others sense anything similar.

wintersprite1
03-01-2012, 08:10 PM
I adore Capricorn Moons... I keep marrying them :whistling: May be that it is since I am a Cappy myself and my Saturn in rulership. We goats aren't comfortable with slopping over emotions, and are known for eating and digesting everything like a rusty old tin can.

Thinking it is just a personal preference,

TK

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/hd19kreger/Blog/goat.jpg

miquar
03-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Thinking it is just a personal preference.

Yes would be interested to see your chart Piscesrising

Hi Wintersprite - that Goethe quote sounds pretty Capricornian. Didn't he have Saturn rising?

piscesascendant
03-01-2012, 08:19 PM
I adore Capricorn Moons... I keep marrying them :whistling: May be that it is since I am a Cappy myself and my Saturn in rulership. We goats aren't comfortable with slopping over emotions, and are known for eating and digesting everything like a rusty old tin can.

Thinking it is just a personal preference,

TK

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/hd19kreger/Blog/goat.jpg

Right. As I said, it could be my personal "distaste." No hate, just "distaste." And I don't care for inordinate amounts of emotions (Aquarius sun, moon, and mercury), but as I've said, of the Cap moons I've come across, I sense very little emotion. Frankly, I have to leave the presence of one before too long or else I feel emotionally dehydrated, and I only wish I was kidding.

Thanks for responding, though.

MaeMae
03-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Cap moon is in detriment. this means he can't get a break. everyine finds fault in him. yet everyone relies on him. he just likes to remind people that they need him by making them look inadequate because he knows they are ~ in his paradigm.
when they fullfill his german grandmother mantra "feelings have nothing to do with life" ~ he eases up. only because he knows life will control his feelings otherwise. prove yourself capable, reliable, helpful or pathetic (or any combination thereof) and they will be your staunchest ally. They just can't handle the wrecklessness of fly~by~the~seat~of~your~pants'ers. It's too scary. Their worst fear.
Don't try to prove cap moon's wrong ~ prove them right by showing restraint, dignity and responsibility. Don't make messes for them without warning them in advance and realize they see your potential - saturn ruler of moon - in ways you never will.
you gotta give props to the wise ones who taught you and honor them with discretion and reserve. not much different from leo moon except for needs of display and pettiness.
caveat ~ i have sat/jup in cap. some moon caps adore me, others fear me. but i adore them all the same.

piscesascendant
03-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Cap moon is in detriment. this means he can't get a break. everyine finds fault in him. yet everyone relies on him. he just likes to remind people that they need him by making them look inadequate because he knows they are ~ in his paradigm.
when they fullfill his german grandmother mantra "feelings have nothing to do with life" ~ he eases up. only because he knows life will control his feelings otherwise. prove yourself capable, reliable, helpful or pathetic (or any combination thereof) and they will be your staunchest ally. They just can't handle the wrecklessness of fly~by~the~seat~of~your~pants'ers. It's too scary. Their worst fear.
Don't try to prove cap moon's wrong ~ prove them right by showing restraint, dignity and responsibility. Don't make messes for them without warning them in advance and realize they see your potential - saturn ruler of moon - in ways you never will.
you gotta give props to the wise ones who taught you and honor them with discretion and reserve. not much different from leo moon except for needs of display and pettiness.
caveat ~ i have sat/jup in cap. some moon caps adore me, others fear me. but i adore them all the same.

I'm not sure I have it in mind to "appease" Cap moons. I have Mars in Cap and have never felt the need to do so. Never been afraid of them, either; annoyed occasionally by them, if anything, but nothing major.

But your points are noted. Thanks.

MaeMae
03-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure I have it in mind to "appease" Cap moons. I have Mars in Cap and have never felt the need to do so. Never been afraid of them, either; annoyed occasionally by them, if anything, but nothing major.

But your points are noted. Thanks.

uhh, mars moon conj. and you grrrrrr but have no problem with them?
okay.

peace
03-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Wow this is crazy I was just talking about moon in capricorn on another thread.

My husbands moon is in capricorn... I like that he doesn't concentrate on emotions and instead concentrates on the present. But man, get him on some drums, singing or a guitar and it's magical ;)

piscesascendant
03-01-2012, 11:28 PM
uhh, mars moon conj. and you grrrrrr but have no problem with them?
okay.

Yes, it is possible to experience both feelings, MaeMae.....Grrrr in the moment and "no problem" in the aftermath. Just because I have Mars in Cap doesn't mean it's in conjunction, though.... depends on degree. Some Cap moons might have too wide an orb.

piscesascendant
03-01-2012, 11:31 PM
I like that he doesn't concentrate on emotions and instead concentrates on the present.

How are these mutually exclusive?

peace
03-02-2012, 12:35 AM
What I meant on that thought is he doesn't get caught up thinking about how he feels if there was an adverse outcome, he just focuses on the next step to getting the job done.

divine g
03-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Shouldn't generalize about all Cap Moons here, as they could have any one of 12 Sun signs which would more or less trump their cap moons "daytime" personality..Moon rules the private self, and if a Cap Moon is showing their emotionless side, u better believe it's for a reason.

Saturn rules time limits, including death, so at any given moment, a Cap Moon could be dealing with some very heavy issues, which would make most ppl snap, break out in tears, or hide under the covers. This is that mountain of strength you would end up praising if you were ever in a crisis situation, as they would be able to contain their emotions, and focus on the task at hand.

Understand they can rub you the wrong way bc of your Aquarian nature, esp with "Aquarius sun, moon, and mercury". You are the archetypal wild child and rule-breaker, and Cappy is the stern parent and rule-maker whose responsibility it is to keep you in check. It's those fundamentally anti-thetical energies that you are sensitive to. But I think if you meet an Aqua Sun with Cap moon, you may sing a different tune! Im a Gemini, Cap moon, and when there's nothing serious to think about, Im just a big loveable kid:) But when I have adult things to do, bills to pay, deadlines to meet, career stuff, reputation stuff, legal stuff, and all the things that suck in life, like anyone, u gotta get serious and do what needs to be done before you can get back to having fun again.

May I suggest you try and make a Cap Moon laugh? You may find they may have a wicked sense of humor akin to yours, and you may be able to tolerate them a bit more. Also what are the ages, and genders of the Cap moons you know? That may have something to do with it..Are they rich, snobby types? Bc things like that can make all the difference..Even nationality can factor in..

BTW, with Pluto transiting the first decan of Capricorn the past few years, maybe you're reacting to that Plutonian energy? Bc it's Pluto that's mostly known for such visceral reactions against its energy..you either love Pluto or hate him. I would tend to think with Saturn, there is more of a pity than hatred..or Saturn could be so down and depressed, you may not even notice him..

piscesascendant
03-02-2012, 01:05 AM
What I meant on that thought is he doesn't get caught up thinking about how he feels if there was an adverse outcome, he just focuses on the next step to getting the job done.

Most Cap moon people I know focus at the expense of others' feelings. They tend to steamroll others. Not to speak ill of your husband.

piscesascendant
03-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Shouldn't generalize about all Cap Moons here, as they could have any one of 12 Sun signs which would more or less trump their cap moons "daytime" personality..Moon rules the private self, and if a Cap Moon is showing their emotionless side, u better believe it's for a reason.

Saturn rules time limits, including death, so at any given moment, a Cap Moon could be dealing with some very heavy issues, which would make most ppl snap, break out in tears, or hide under the covers. This is that mountain of strength you would end up praising if you were ever in a crisis situation, as they would be able to contain their emotions, and focus on the task at hand.

Understand they can rub you the wrong way bc of your Aquarian nature, esp with "Aquarius sun, moon, and mercury". You are the archetypal wild child and rule-breaker, and Cappy is the stern parent and rule-maker whose responsibility it is to keep you in check. It's those fundamentally anti-thetical energies that you are sensitive to. But I think if you meet an Aqua Sun with Cap moon, you may sing a different tune! Im a Gemini, Cap moon, and when there's nothing serious to think about, Im just a big loveable kid:) But when I have adult things to do, bills to pay, deadlines to meet, career stuff, reputation stuff, legal stuff, and all the things that suck in life, like anyone, u gotta get serious and do what needs to be done before you can get back to having fun again.

May I suggest you try and make a Cap Moon laugh? You may find they may have a wicked sense of humor akin to yours, and you may be able to tolerate them a bit more. Also what are the ages, and genders of the Cap moons you know? That may have something to do with it..Are they rich, snobby types? Bc things like that can make all the difference..Even nationality can factor in..

Thanks for the response, but you seem to have just written in the same generalizations you warned against at the beginning. I was speaking of the Cap moon people I've known so far, not about all, so I wasn't generalizing. I've made Cap moon people I know laugh, as you suggested, but I haven't found them to have a "wicked sense of humor." The one guy I know who I made laugh regularly had an Aquarius Mercury, so we were on the same wavelength. I wasn't focusing on their list of adult behaviors (bills, etc.), but on their apparent dry well of emotion. No offense, actually, but it does seem dry to me.

Thanks just the same.

Gemini Rising
03-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Hey,

I'm a Capricorn Moon, but I am not like that! :biggrin:
My feeling always run deep but others don't see that. They think I am cold and distant :crying: It's just that Cap Moons are usually emotionally complicated and feel better by hiding the way they feel.

MaeMae
03-02-2012, 01:28 PM
maybe you were just venting pisces rising? ~ mars transiting near or in your 7th.
nonetheless, when moon is in capricorn, we must understand moon (emotional needs) and saturn (containment, lessons, sustainable progress)
a placement does stand alone ~ just as a mushroom on a slice of pizza does. Recognizable, known also by it's taste.
Even if olive or onion or tomato is mixed in on slice, you still know a mushroom.

LeoCassandra
03-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes, Cap moon is Reserved, Grasping, Stable, Self-conscious, Cold at first galnce and second:P Im proud owner of one:) but it helps me a lot. If i were any other moon sign i would have gone mental long time ago ( natal sun opposite saturn, moon conjunct neptune and uranus) Emotionless? No. Coldish..? mostly yes:whistling:

divine g
03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
You know what, there's nothing wrong with Cap Moons, @piscesascendant, the problem is with you. Maybe you're just a stubborn, opinionated amateur who wants to argue just for the sake of arguing to seem different and **** ppl off, that's all.

DG

serafin5
03-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Just my 2 cents:

My mom had her moon in Capricorn and in her case it may have been grounding for her; she was a Sun and Asc Libra and had Mercury and Mars both in Scorpio, in her first house and she was a very emotional woman! God love her, she had her problems too and she was sooooo intelligent; I was most proud of that. She was a loving and lovable woman but sometimes she'd get in one of her moods and look out! And there were times when she would come right out of left field and say the meanest things; things me as her daughter or human being for that matter would never occur to me to say let alone think. Sometimes I despaired that she never really knew me and never did finally.:sad:

I've had other significant relationships with people with this Moon sign and as much as I loved them their coldness knew no bounds. However, I do not believe that all people with their Moon in Capricorn are emotionally cold; I'm just relaying my experiences.:joyful:

Good thread!
Serafin5

piscesascendant
03-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey,

I'm a Capricorn Moon, but I am not like that! :biggrin:
My feeling always run deep but others don't see that. They think I am cold and distant :crying: It's just that Cap Moons are usually emotionally complicated and feel better by hiding the way they feel.

Fair enough, Gemini Rising. The Cap moons I've known weren't antagonistic, and perhaps simply buried their emotions, lest they get the better of them in a situation. "Emotionally complicated and feel better by hiding [them]...." okay, I can see that, too. Great explanation. Thanks!

piscesascendant
03-02-2012, 10:43 PM
You know what, there's nothing wrong with Cap Moons, @piscesascendant, the problem is with you. Maybe you're just a stubborn, opinionated ***** who wants to argue just for the sake of arguing to seem different and **** ppl off, that's all.

DG

LOL... feel better now that you've gotten that off your chest?

MTTY05
03-02-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know very many Cap Moons, but one of my best friends is a Capricorn Moon and he's not emotionally cold at all. Just last night he was professing his admiration for me, and that he really values our friendship (he's like that with all of his friends). Probably one of the most emotional guys I've ever come across. I don't know what time of day he was born so I can't really say that any particular ascendant is making him more emotional, but I've never known this individual to be cold at all.

Whether he's a good representation of all Capricorn moons or not, I don't know.

piscesascendant
03-02-2012, 11:51 PM
I don't know very many Cap Moons, but one of my best friends is a Capricorn Moon and he's not emotionally cold at all. Just last night he was professing his admiration for me, and that he really values our friendship (he's like that with all of his friends). Probably one of the most emotional guys I've ever come across. I don't know what time of day he was born so I can't really say that any particular ascendant is making him more emotional, but I've never known this individual to be cold at all.

Whether he's a good representation of all Capricorn moons or not, I don't know.

Interesting. Thanks!

serafin5
03-03-2012, 06:52 PM
You know what, there's nothing wrong with Cap Moons, @piscesascendant, the problem is with you. Maybe you're just a stubborn, opinionated ***** who wants to argue just for the sake of arguing to seem different and **** ppl off, that's all.

DG

My goodness; why so angry? Aren't these threads about people's experiences with the people in their lives having certain signs, aspects, and combos of these that affect them? Wow (facepalm). I honestly don't remember Piscesasc. being particularly insulting to Cap moons. But insults aside, you do have a point: These threads contain statements about one small point in a chart when the entire chart should always be evaluated first.

Watching my P's and Q's,
Serafin5

piscesascendant
03-03-2012, 06:58 PM
...These threads contain statements about one small point in a chart when the entire chart should always be evaluated first.

I'm not denying that. But like I said, the pattern of Cap moon people I've known has been as I've described it. So far. Crossing my fingers on meeting someone who breaks free of the pattern.

bubuza_dulce
03-03-2012, 07:34 PM
I do not have Moon in Capricorn, but know of several people who do. I have a... "distaste" for their apparently emotionless selves. They may have achieved much in life, sure, but I really dislike their cold, emotionless nature. It's being near a cold stone. Perhaps achievement is the thing that satisfies their moon Granted, there could very well be other factors contributing to the feeling, but I've noticed a pattern that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if others sense anything similar.

I don't know if I have met someone with Cap Moon but I have a serious problem with Cap Sun.

I have met someone (Cap Sun, Aquarius Venus, Gemini Moon) whom I considered "amazing" and we knew each other for almost ten years. At the end I barely managed to survive and get out of that relationship.
And I noticed that Cap Suns get to a point of being like a stone speaking of emotions. I know we should look at the entire chart but this has terrified me so (I felt like living in the house with Hitler!) that I am determined to stay away from a person that has similarities with this person's chart.
Unfortunately every person that makes a strong good impression on me seems to be a Cap.

So if you feel the same way about Cap Moon just beware and avoid the people that you think could hurt you. I hope you'll meet someone who can "break the pattern" but if you don't what's the problem, there are plenty of other Moons!:wink:

Lightrider
03-03-2012, 11:27 PM

I'm don't have a Cap Moon either, but i am known for acting and feeling like a Saturnian would do most of the time. To me, it's all about productivity. I seldom do things i think i don't need to do because it's a waste of time. It's the same when i'm faced to emotions. I don't even bother to express my emotions except when i am alone playing music because it's been detrimental for me and those around me more often than not. I am very good at putting on a poker face when it comes to emotions, i seldom lose control.

When i look at the way you post it's like when i hear someone say "i'm tired", "i'm sleepy", "i need (insert something)", etc. At first, my reaction is something like "ok". But when people keep doing the same thing it gets very annoying. Then my reaction becomes *rolls eyes, sighs and walks away*. I know that could rub many people the wrong way. But to be honest, I don't really care at that point. I have to admit i really don't like it when people do things just for the sake of it. I've been told i need to lighten up and stuff, but that's the kind of people i tend to ignore because well... they are annoying.

I wonder if some Cap Moon folks can relate to this. I really would like to know... and i also wonder if someone is willing to post a response. I know i did just out of curiosity (blame my Virgo Moon :lol:).

piscesascendant
03-03-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm don't have a Cap Moon either, but i am known for acting and feeling like a Saturnian would do most of the time. To me, it's all about productivity. I seldom do things i think i don't need to do because it's a waste of time. It's the same when i'm faced to emotions. I don't even bother to express my emotions except when i am alone playing music because it's been detrimental for me and those around me more often than not. I am very good at putting on a poker face when it comes to emotions, i seldom lose control. Thanks for the feedback on that.

When i look at the way you post it's like when i hear someone say "i'm tired", "i'm sleepy", "i need (insert something)", etc. That's a curious interpretation, lol. No idea where you got that from.

At first, my reaction is something like "ok". But when people keep doing the same thing it gets very annoying. Then my reaction becomes *rolls eyes, sighs and walks away*. I know that could rub many people the wrong way. But to be honest, I don't really care at that point. I have to admit i really don't like it when people do things just for the sake of it. I've been told i need to lighten up and stuff, but that's the kind of people i tend to ignore because well... they are annoying.Maybe you should take their advice.

serafin5
03-04-2012, 07:09 AM
I'm not denying that. But like I said, the pattern of Cap moon people I've known has been as I've described it. So far. Crossing my fingers on meeting someone who breaks free of the pattern.

If you read my posts' you'll see that I was defending your right, and mine, to share your private experiences without being blasted by angry posters. I was just trying to not lose my temper at these angry posters and risk getting in trouble with the mods. I like yourself have had some hurtful experiences with a couple of Cap Moons (my first post). So I do understand your point.

Blessings
Serafin5

piscesascendant
03-04-2012, 07:14 AM
If you read my posts' you'll see that I was defending your right, and mine, to share your private experiences without being blasted by angry posters. I was just trying to not lose my temper at these angry posters and risk getting in trouble with the mods. I like yourself have had some hurtful experiences with a couple of Cap Moons (my first post). So I do understand your point.

Blessings
Serafin5

That's cool. Sorry to read you've been hurt. I haven't been hurt so much as drained, like I've said. Feeling drained can be a real drag, too. I understand your points as well. Thanks.

Kannon
03-05-2012, 05:15 AM

I was born with Moon in Cap and one of the things you need to understand is that people with this position are not emotionless. Some may fall into self-loathing and some may go overboard into being 'cold', but each are working out their own development. I wouldn't be described as cold, but normally cool socially, and passionate normally... but then I don't act, live or feel as a Moon in Capricorn person anymore, since that is the first thing that I changed about myself once I cleared my karma and had finished all those lessons.

Moon in Cap types are wired emotionally with the 'detriment' position (most often essentially karmic) in which the feeling, feminine maternal nature needs to be encased within a limited, controlled order that plays out over time. The Moon in Cap is like having to process emotionally in left-brain mode (at least in initial reactions) so as to keep on track over time. People who react to everything emotionally lose who they are and don't develop or grow as well as they could. In other words Moon-Cap types tend to conserve emotional energy and focus it relative to what the true needs are.

Its also true (unless aspects contradict) that this is one of those work-on-your-self-worth chart factors. Self-worth is built up substantively, but can become distorted through ambition or classism.

I personally was not able to satisfy myself through achievement. I never achieved anything big enough to do that. So I went into an emotional crisis at age 34 that set the stage for a total regeneration of myself and my life. When I learned that I can change anything about myself, personality, etc, this is the first thing that I changed. I am now much more like a Moon in Libra person.

Some compassion would be in order. Very often Moon in Cap types (or other strongly Lunar-Saturnine types) are unable to allow their own emotional needs to be met, to actually accept the affection of people that genuine like, admire, even love them. I was one of those. There were women who practically threw themselves at me and somehow I simply couldn't act on it. It was a terrible way to live. It was not that I didn't feel, I just couldn't seem to join emotionally with someone and enjoy their love and affection. At age 34 I had an emotional breakdown from years of 'holding in.' However, it was cleansing, truthful and allowed me to get a new start with healing.

This isn't a 'everyone can recover from having Moon in Capricorn just like me' post. Some may handle it better than I did. But I had a huge karmic load that was pinned to this chart factor.

Just understand that the 'detriment' of Moon in Cap is a choice of that Soul for their development. It does not reflect on you, and you don't have to associate with them if you don't want to. However, there may be a lesson from them that you could pick up intuitively if you seem unable to avoid them. There always is. I think the key is in your words 'distaste' and 'emotionless.' The first is subjective and can be changed, the second is simply false.

Kannon
03-05-2012, 05:28 AM
That's cool. Sorry to read you've been hurt. I haven't been hurt so much as drained, like I've said. Feeling drained can be a real drag, too. I understand your points as well. Thanks.

No one can drain your energy unless you let them. Sometimes being drained comes from the exhaustion of resisting what it is that that person's presence brings. Don't fight it. The 'pattern' is yours and so are the lessons.

piscesascendant
03-05-2012, 05:35 AM
No one can drain your energy unless you let them. Sometimes being drained comes from the exhaustion of resisting what it is that that person's presence brings. Don't fight it. The 'pattern' is yours and so are the lessons.

Spoken like a true Cap moon. :P

piscesascendant
03-05-2012, 05:43 AM
I was born with Moon in Cap and one of the things you need to understand is that people with this position are not emotionless. Some may fall into self-loathing and some may go overboard into being 'cold', but each are working out their own development. I wouldn't be described as cold, but normally cool socially, and passionate normally... but then I don't act, live or feel as a Moon in Capricorn person anymore, since that is the first thing that I changed about myself once I cleared my karma and had finished all those lessons.

Moon in Cap types are wired emotionally with the 'detriment' position (most often essentially karmic) in which the feeling, feminine maternal nature needs to be encased within a limited, controlled order that plays out over time. The Moon in Cap is like having to process emotionally in left-brain mode (at least in initial reactions) so as to keep on track over time. People who react to everything emotionally lose who they are and don't develop or grow as well as they could. In other words Moon-Cap types tend to conserve emotional energy and focus it relative to what the true needs are.

Its also true (unless aspects contradict) that this is one of those work-on-your-self-worth chart factors. Self-worth is built up substantively, but can become distorted through ambition or classism.

I personally was not able to satisfy myself through achievement. I never achieved anything big enough to do that. So I went into an emotional crisis at age 34 that set the stage for a total regeneration of myself and my life. When I learned that I can change anything about myself, personality, etc, this is the first thing that I changed. I am now much more like a Moon in Libra person.

Some compassion would be in order. Very often Moon in Cap types (or other strongly Lunar-Saturnine types) are unable to allow their own emotional needs to be met, to actually accept the affection of people that genuine like, admire, even love them. I was one of those. There were women who practically threw themselves at me and somehow I simply couldn't act on it. It was a terrible way to live. It was not that I didn't feel, I just couldn't seem to join emotionally with someone and enjoy their love and affection. At age 34 I had an emotional breakdown from years of 'holding in.' However, it was cleansing, truthful and allowed me to get a new start with healing.

This isn't a 'everyone can recover from having Moon in Capricorn just like me' post. Some may handle it better than I did. But I had a huge karmic load that was pinned to this chart factor.

Just understand that the 'detriment' of Moon in Cap is a choice of that Soul for their development. It does not reflect on you, and you don't have to associate with them if you don't want to. However, there may be a lesson from them that you could pick up intuitively if you seem unable to avoid them. There always is. I think the key is in your words 'distaste' and 'emotionless.' The first is subjective and can be changed, the second is simply false.

Looks like I'm coming across more and more of those born with this lunar placement. It's good to read this kind of feedback, but since I was describing my personal encounters, I'll have to take your word for what you wrote. That's not to say I doubt what you write. Only that we haven't met in person to sustain or (preferably) quash this pattern of drain (considering that the focus was that I personally felt emotionally drained by being next to those who I found out later had Cap moons). I don't make a point of trying to find out who exactly has Cap moons so I can avoid them like the plague. I simply find it unique that of those I've encountered when I experience this, they've all had Cap moon. I understand your feedback on this, but that doesn't negate my experiences.

I never sad those with a Cap moon were bad people. Even the guy I used to work with who had a Cap moon (and was into astrology, too) acknowledged his tendency to drain others emotionally. That doesn't mean it's set in stone, only that the perception and pattern isn't merely mine alone.

serafin5
03-06-2012, 02:52 PM

Kannon this was such a beautiful post! It made so much sense to me as I relate your views/experience to my mother who had her Moon in Capricorn. She like yourself could not be convinced of her self-worth to save her life (literally!). And she was such a loving human being too. But like I described in my prior post she would get in these black moods and lash out at the people who loved her most. Interesting that she passed away at only 44 years old of heart disease (a broken heart!)

I was wondering when you said that the first thing you did was to change your natal moon in capricorn and now have your moon as a libra/or like a libra? Does that mean symbolically you worked on your cap moon issues and now you seem like a libra moon or is this reference to a progression? I was just curious what you meant by that.

Sounds like at 34 you had your what I call 'dark night of the soul'. That happened to me when I was 25 in 1989 I had a breakdown too. Scary but I'm alive (a miracle) and grateful that I finally came through. But that was so painful!

Blessings to you
Serafin5

Caro
03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I have two moon in cap close friends, I would not see either as emotionally cool or cut off. I think they both see their childhood as deprived and that affects them now(this deprivation is particularly related to their relations with their mother or how they viewed their mother when growing up) One has a very strong relation with her mum(1sst house moon) moon sq uranus, the other a strained relationship very wide square to uranus. I find them both very kind and considerate and good with practical stuff for dealing with problems - you are right they dont wish to talk about emotions over and over.

Im an aqua sun so maybe this is why I can relate to them(a pisces moon too)

pluto is transiting that sign now - so a time of change for many with this placement.

Kannon
03-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Kannon this was such a beautiful post! It made so much sense to me as I relate your views/experience to my mother who had her Moon in Capricorn. She like yourself could not be convinced of her self-worth to save her life (literally!). And she was such a loving human being too. But like I described in my prior post she would get in these black moods and lash out at the people who loved her most. Interesting that she passed away at only 44 years old of heart disease (a broken heart!)

I was wondering when you said that the first thing you did was to change your natal moon in capricorn and now have your moon as a libra/or like a libra? Does that mean symbolically you worked on your cap moon issues and now you seem like a libra moon or is this reference to a progression? I was just curious what you meant by that.

Sounds like at 34 you had your what I call 'dark night of the soul'. That happened to me when I was 25 in 1989 I had a breakdown too. Scary but I'm alive (a miracle) and grateful that I finally came through. But that was so painful!

Blessings to you
Serafin5

I knew that this Moon-Cap factor in my birth chart had affected my personality in a way that no longer served me. I learned the steadiness of conserving emotional energy, the internal complexity of my own feelings and subjective responses and took responsibility for them. I also dealt with my parental issues and reached a point of complete forgiveness, especially with my dad. This chart factor/aspect to my personality had me stuck in that rut and was keeping me in a place that was no longer serving me and the purpose of my soul.

So... in observing what I admired in people around me, I saw that he most common them was men with Libra Suns and women with Moon in Libra. I chose to change myself to match Moon in Libra. For me this required a real energetic changing point of decision and energetic realignment. It was not metaphoric, but very real. If you could observe me on a daily basis with my wife, you'd see the difference and I really doubt that you'd guess I was born when the Moon was in Cap. I'm a different person, because I had to change.

This is something that is communicated to the cells of the body, the DNA, and to your 'other-dimensional' guidance (helpers). I recommend the Kryon material for understanding this. There is an astrological DNA layer, all (12) layers of which are under your command. http://www.kryon.com/seminar%20images/DNA%20page/DNA.html
http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_melbourne_1.html

The body is the last part of us to get the message. It takes time. It can take years, sometimes a couple decades to retrain so that a new personality pattern is ingrained into the biology.

Yes, these dark nights of the Soul can be very painful. That was my metaphoric death and the time of my rebirth to real empowerment. I'm glad you've gotten through this. Once we do, we don't have to go there again.

piscesascendant
03-07-2012, 08:28 PM
I knew that this Moon-Cap factor in my birth chart had affected my personality in a way that no longer served me. I learned the steadiness of conserving emotional energy, the internal complexity of my own feelings and subjective responses and took responsibility for them. I also dealt with my parental issues and reached a point of complete forgiveness, especially with my dad. This chart factor/aspect to my personality had me stuck in that rut and was keeping me in a place that was no longer serving me and the purpose of my soul.

So... in observing what I admired in people around me, I saw that he most common them was men with Libra Suns and women with Moon in Libra. I chose to change myself to match Moon in Libra. For me this required a real energetic changing point of decision and energetic realignment. It was not metaphoric, but very real. If you could observe me on a daily basis with my wife, you'd see the difference and I really doubt that you'd guess I was born when the Moon was in Cap. I'm a different person, because I had to change.

This is something that is communicated to the cells of the body, the DNA, and to your 'other-dimensional' guidance (helpers). I recommend the Kryon material for understanding this. There is an astrological DNA layer, all (12) layers of which are under your command. http://www.kryon.com/seminar%20images/DNA%20page/DNA.html
http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_melbourne_1.html

The body is the last part of us to get the message. It takes time. It can take years, sometimes a couple decades to retrain so that a new personality pattern is ingrained into the biology.

Yes, these dark nights of the Soul can be very painful. That was my metaphoric death and the time of my rebirth to real empowerment. I'm glad you've gotten through this. Once we do, we don't have to go there again.

"Your biography becomes your biology." -- Caroline Myss

Claire19
03-08-2012, 02:15 AM
I have several friends with Moon in Capricorn including my father and although they are not so effusive and demonstrative, they are salt of the Earth and can be relied on. It all depends on the aspects and how they relate to you personally. I have Moon in Taurus and I guess that dovetails. They tend to be work oriented and not domesticated so if you want a cuddly woman who bakes cookies and is motherly, then no, I guess not.

piscesascendant
03-08-2012, 02:27 AM
I have several friends with Moon in Capricorn including my father and although they are not so effusive and demonstrative, they are salt of the Earth and can be relied on. It all depends on the aspects and how they relate to you personally. I have Moon in Taurus and I guess that dovetails. They tend to be work oriented and not domesticated so if you want a cuddly woman who bakes cookies and is motherly, then no, I guess not.

LOL, I'm not looking for the extremes of emotion... just some demonstration of emotion. I am aware that Cap moons are "salt of the earth" and reliable (their fortes, it seems), but these don't really give way to emotional selves. Granted, not every planetary and luminary placement can do that. It's just like I said at (or near) the beginning. Some are cold and rather stoic with emotion, and others, as some have put it, are very contained in their emotion. I guess whatever it takes to get you through life suffices. Thanks!

persephone5
04-13-2012, 05:33 PM

But don't forget, it depends on the other aspects in the chart of the Capricorn moon native as well! not just people interacting with the capricorn moon person.

Someone with a pisces, cancer or libra sun/venus would be very different than someone with a capricorn moon and sun/venus in virgo,capricorn or aquarius for instance.

MaeMae
04-13-2012, 05:41 PM
moon in capricorn, purrrrrrrrrr.
I'd take a cap moon in any form ~ !
would hit my chiron, mars, nn/sn, pluto, neptune, jupiter, saturn, venus in varied degrees.
they would have an emotional need to set me straight, not accept my b.s., though they may tolerate it.
11' (degrees) ~ 28' is my g-spot ~ conjunct my natal jupiter saturn in 6th.
They are the ones who help me make it through the day to day.
Through humor or b*itchslappin...either works for me.

persephone5
04-13-2012, 06:22 PM

Perhaps it has more to do with the types of people you attract? Or, those particular people for some reason, show that side of themselves more when they are around you? It's definitely true that people act differently around different people and that sometimes a person brings out their worst traits. Some people clash and some people click. Or, rather, sometimes a particular trait stands out too much to someone because it grates on their nerves.

I know I've experienced that last one before. It usually grates on me because its a trait that is completely different from my own tendencies. Sometimes I perceive this is because I secretly want to be more like that and am resentful or I just think its foolish/annoying and too self-conscious.

I think most of the traits you describe are too stereotypical of the sign to be accurate for most people and might have more to do with aspects and other signs than solely being the fault of the moon in capriccorn.

The whole chart should be looked at rather than singling out one planet.

A person with their sun in pisces with moon in capricorn will be VERY different, usually at least, than a sun in virgo with that placement. Or, a moon conjunct saturn in capricorn will be highly different than moon in capricorn trine venus.

Certain aspects can soften the moon in capricorn placement, and others can exacerbate their weaknesses.

I have two examples of people with moon in capricorn.

I have a friend who has a capricorn moon, but she also has sun/merc/venus/saturn and uranus in sag!

In general, she is excitable (which makes her fun) and she has no trouble expressing her opinion or her feelings. She is warm and social, though not overly so. She has many friends and is very active. She is very open and shares easily, even things that make her look bad or silly or insecure. Family is extremely important to her. She is not overly ambitious. I would say a good healthy amount without it being obvious. She is competitive but not annoyingly so. She is far from selfish. In her case, I think all her sagittarius influences outweigh her capricorn moon. She also has sun and venus in conjuntion to uranus. I would say one fault of hers is a tendency to nag her husband (haven't noticed her doing it with others) and her tendency to complain/whine. Overall,she is upbeat, but I notice sometimes she gets in moods where she complains a lot. Considering sag, I would say its more of a capricorn trait.

I was shocked when I looked up her birthchart. I never would have suspected moon in capricorn!

Now, the second example:

I am a scorpio with moon in capricorn. Yes, I am reserved (very) and I do not express my emotions/feelings very well. However, I am far from cold. Most people would describe me as very affectionate, caring and generous. If they thought about it, they would probably realise that I don't talk about myself or my feelings or fears very often, if at all, and while I can appear aloof and distant at first meeting, once I warm up I let my guard down enough to be moderately chatty and friendly. In general, I am a very friendly amiable person. With friends I can be quite talkative and it is with them that I show my sagittarian traits.

With family, I am very caring and generous. I am very dependable. It is important for me to be there for them and help whenever I can. I am always the mediator and the comforter. I am also the person who gives sound advice and am usually the one to dissuade others from doing something I deem risky or foolish.

With strangers, especially in a group setting, I appear to have an icy reserve-sometimes more of a melancholic distance really--and I can be somewhat curt (not in a rude way, just brief and to the point in speech). In my case I do this due to extreme shyness. I try to talk as little as possible. I am not like this at all with friends or people I feel comfortable with.

I have most of the negative traits of capricorn in terms of emotional hangups, but I don't have a lot of the typical traits. I am not concerned with status or achievement (would probably be better if I was). I am not ambitious or concerned about status quo and am not a traditional minded person. I try really hard not to offend/disappoint or hurt anyones feelings.

In my case I think I lack some of the typical capricorn traits due to my venus in sag and aspects to uranus. Sun/merc and venus conjunct uranus. My ascendant in leo and loads of planets in house 5. I have a few sextiles to my moon which helps immensely I think.

But I also have moon square saturn and pluto which makes it all a lot worse! That is really where the reserve, the depressive tendency and need to feel in control of my emotions comes into play. Saturn is very restrictive. Self contained is a good word for it. I am also overly cautious with certain things (esp with money!)

In my friends case, her strong sagittarian influence greatly outweighs most of the negative capricorn traits. It definitely softens the reserve of the placement and most definitely adds more zest/spontaneity and action to capricorn which can be a bit dour and routine.

In my case, it is also the sagittarius (I have sun and mercury in conjunction to jupiter as well). But it is also my leo rising adding warmth and affection and PLAYFULNESS. I think both sag and leo also give a person a more youthful approach to life that capricorn definitely lacks.

In short (not!), its really hard to generalize any sign placement, as there is so much going on in a chart. While there ARE people out there who are cold and overly concerned with achievement and status and status quo, you will find just as many with other moon placements as ones with capricorn moon. Maybe some of them have moon square saturn with their moon in a different placement. Or some other planetary combination that makes a similar impression to capricorn.

Southpaw
08-01-2012, 03:09 AM

Moon in Capricorn is alpha. I definitely wouldn't recommend Moon in Cap men to weak women.

Napoleon, George Washington, Hitler, George Patton, etc are all Capricorn Moons. They're brilliant at military operations. I believe this is due to their superior planning ability and ruthless nature.

piscesascendant
08-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Moon in Capricorn is alpha. I definitely wouldn't recommend Moon in Cap men to weak women.

Napoleon, George Washington, Hitler, George Patton, etc are all Capricorn Moons. They're brilliant at military operations. I believe this is due to their superior planning ability and ruthless nature.

I would not associate Capricorn Moon with alpha. The ones I've known have too many issues. Of the Capricorn moon people I've known, I have yet to meet one that isn't masking an insecurity.

Southpaw
08-01-2012, 03:22 AM
I would not associate Capricorn Moon with alpha. The ones I've known have too many issues. Of the Capricorn moon people I've known, I have yet to meet one that isn't masking an insecurity.

Alpha as in they are dominant and run things. I much rather have a Moon in Cap over a Moon in Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, or Sagittarius any day.

Leading especially leading the military IS alpha

piscesascendant
08-01-2012, 03:33 AM
Alpha as in they are dominant and run things. I much rather have a Moon in Cap over a Moon in Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, or Sagittarius any day.

Leading especially leading the military IS alpha

I know what alpha means. Moon is in domicile in Cancer and in detriment in Capricorn. It's at home in Cancer, not in Capricorn. All of the signs mentioned would be preferable to Capricorn for the Moon, except for Moon in Scorpio, where the Moon is in Fall. It's simply not in the most beneficial placement in Capricorn.

Southpaw
08-01-2012, 03:45 AM
I know what alpha means. Moon is in domicile in Cancer and in detriment in Capricorn. It's at home in Cancer, not in Capricorn. All of the signs mentioned would be preferable to Capricorn for the Moon. It's simply not in the most beneficial placement in Capricorn.

I go by patterns and trends I see in the real world and history. Mars, the planet that represents war, for example has been shown to be clearly inferior in Aries compared to Taurus, where it supposed to be in detriment when it comes to combat sports.

piscesascendant
08-01-2012, 03:52 AM
I go by patterns and trends I see in the real world and history. Mars, the planet that represents war, for example has been shown to be clearly inferior in Aries compared to Taurus, where it supposed to be in detriment when it comes to combat sports.

The topic is Moon in Capricorn.

Southpaw
08-01-2012, 03:56 AM
The topic is Moon in Capricorn.and you still have yet to prove it's not alpha.

Traditional domiciles and detriments don't tell the entire story since you seemed to have missed the point in my prior post that you quoted.

piscesascendant
08-01-2012, 04:07 AM
and you still have yet to prove it's not alpha.

Traditional domiciles and detriments don't tell the entire story since you seemed to have missed the point in my prior post that you quoted.

I have known of several people with Capricorn Moon, none of whom are alpha. Experience is my "proof."

I didn't miss any point. I was sticking to the topic.

Southpaw
08-01-2012, 04:17 AM
I have known of several people with Capricorn Moon, none of whom are alpha. Experience is my "proof."

I didn't miss any point. I was sticking to the topic.Let's have a quick review
I do not have Moon in Capricorn, but know of several people who do. I have a... "distaste" for their apparently emotionless selves. They may have achieved much in life, sure, but I really dislike their cold, emotionless nature. It's being near a cold stone. Perhaps achievement is the thing that satisfies their moon Granted, there could very well be other factors contributing to the feeling, but I've noticed a pattern that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if others sense anything similar.These several people you know all happen to be hard-driving high achievers. This suggests that they're winners in this hard and competitive world. These are strong alpha people, and all it took was a small sample of the several Cap Moons you happen to know in order for you to spot this trend.

You tried to disqualify them earlier due to having insecurities. Well, insecurity is also a Cancerian trait. You know the domicile spot for the Moon. I'd even argue that insecurity is a factor in what makes people driven to do great things.

piscesascendant
08-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Let's have a quick review
These several people you know all happen to be hard-driving high achievers. This suggests that they're winners in this hard and competitive world. These are strong alpha people, and all it took was a small sample of the several Cap Moons you happen to know in order for you to spot this trend.

You tried to disqualify them earlier due to having insecurities. Well, insecurity is also a Cancerian trait. You know the domicile spot for the Moon. I'd even argue that insecurity is a factor in what makes people driven to do great things.

I've known several people who are higher achievers who are not alpha. I've also known several people who are alpha who say they haven't accomplished anything. One does not necessarily equate with the other.

Each sign will probably have its own type of insecurity, and Capricorn Moon people are no strangers to that.

Southpaw
08-01-2012, 04:33 AM
I've known several people who are higher achievers who are not alpha. I've also known several people who are alpha who say they haven't accomplished anything. One does not necessarily equate with the other.

Each sign will probably have its own type of insecurity, and Capricorn Moon people are no strangers to that.and the other several? You need to be confident in yourself in order to win and tackle tough tasks, achieving as you like to call it. Did you play any sports while growing up? There's correlation between winning and being dominant. The top dog that day wins or achieves.

so why mention insecurity earlier in attempt to say they're not alpha? Going by your definition I guess no influences are more likely to be at the peak of the mountain.

piscesascendant
08-01-2012, 04:41 AM
and the other several? You need to be confident in yourself in order to win and tackle tough tasks, achieving as you like to call it. Did you play any sports while growing up? There's correlation between winning and being dominant. The top dog that day wins or achieves.

Not necessarily.

so why mention insecurity earlier in attempt to say they're not alpha? Going by your definition I guess no influences are more likely to be at the peak of the mountain.

Because they were insecure. Capricorn Moon people I've known overcompensate for their insecurities, and others can mistake this for alpha.

Southpaw
08-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Not necessarily.

Because they were insecure. Capricorn Moon people I've known overcompensate for their insecurities, and others can mistake this for alpha.Now being alpha is associated with insecurity?:pinched:

Can you name a Moon Sign that is greater at leading men for war, an alpha duty? While you're at it, I also forgot to mention earlier that Julius Caesar was also a Capricorn Moon.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

may28gemini
08-01-2012, 06:56 AM
I read the back and forth between southpaw and pisces about capricorn moon. very interesting and hilarious discussion.

i agree with piscesasc because capricorn sign in any planet except for mars naturally exists as being insecure. capricorn is achievement oriented because they are extremely insecure on the inside and being earth bound, they seek external validation as a padding for their internal turmoil. i've met a lot of capricorn moons and although, i was friends with them because they sought me out, after awhile, they got cold and downright nasty. i had no choice but to leave them and not look back. in general, cap moons try to do the right thing but they always end up f*cking up with people. cap moon does not know nor feel why something is "the right thing" but they try to do these "right things" because it's traditionally indoctrinated in society and cap is very status quo. the problem of doing things without much belief/conviction in the actions on a philosophical and emotional level is there no higher connection and therefore, no internal rewards can be achieved. when dealing with objects and business, cap moons would be bar none, top notch- but that doesn't mean alpha. cap is slightly better than "shallow" but there's NOTHING deep about them- in any placement. not even when exalted in mars.

pisces, i don't think aqua moons are cold necessarily but they are very distant and detached. i think southpaws was trying to illustrate their similarities:
cap and aqua are both saturn ruled signs so when in moon position, you're going to experience something similar to saturn-moon aspects. aqua actually can be cold, but not cold in the malicious way that cap gets, aqua cold is more like "i don't know how to handle this so i won't get involved..." cap cold is, "everyone is worthless and a complete waste of space so i'm not going to bother." cap moons feel very little for themselves- there's a lot of self-loathing and feel nothing for others. aqua moons actually do feel for others but have difficulty expressing it in a way that wouldn't be mushy and gross them out.

and southpaw, you're right about in real world aries mars in dignity is actually inferior to detriment taurus. most people do not really understand how dignity in a malefic planet actually enhances the malefication. i tried to explain that in another thread, but too many people had their heads up their a$$ and kept fighting me.

anyway, i have taurus mars and i will stick around and wait to crush my opponent. i could give give 2 sh*ts if it takes forever because i will make heads will roll if i want. most of the time, i don't want any violence, i don't even like arguing, but i do give into the reality that it fighting and arguing is necessary so if i must, i'll battle to win. it's only the important things that i will definitely stand my ground and go to war over but other than that, i let a lot of sh*t slide. keep in mind, taurus mars doesn't operate on pride, not the way that aries mars is prideful. taurus mars is only interested in the barebones essentials of what makes the native secure. taurus mars is almost a guaranteed money making placement as mars is a money planet and taurus is a money sign (the other money sign is scorpio). if you mess with someone's money and they have taurus mars, watch out! taurus will come collect debt nicely for awhile but if you don't pay up, taurus mars will hound you to the end of time to get back what's their's. trust me, i know. i'm generous but if you push my generosity, i'm going to be the torn in your side for eternity. taurus mars people also tend to pay back money quickly. we respect money and its value.

my best friend has aries mars. she can't seem to get much done. she starts everything, but rarely sees anything through. she switches sides a lot and when arguing, she doesn't tend to put her foot down. she has an explosive temper that eggs other people on and doesn't realize it. she gets into public arguments with strangers a lot and if i'm there, i intervene and do damage control. i control my temper and impulses pretty well, but she on the other hand, gives into her impulses all the time. despite all that, i love her. i always stand up for her and i don't mind her strange impulses. taurus mars is patient and will put up with silliness more than any other mars placement. also, aries mars tend to be very physically active but so can taurus mars. i like being physically active and i find that only aries mars has the interest and energy to want to do deal with physical strain so those are the only friends that are willing to go a lot of things with me and not afraid to break a sweat. dignity scorpio mars is even more inferior as it's weak and flabby and they like to stay at home and watch tv.

piscesascendant
08-01-2012, 07:19 AM
I read the back and forth between southpaw and pisces about capricorn moon. very interesting and hilarious discussion.

i agree with piscesasc because capricorn sign in any planet except for mars naturally exists as being insecure. capricorn is achievement oriented because they are extremely insecure on the inside and being earth bound, they seek external validation as a padding for their internal turmoil. i've met a lot of capricorn moons and although, i was friends with them because they sought me out, after awhile, they got cold and downright nasty. i had no choice but to leave them and not look back. in general, cap moons try to do the right thing but they always end up f*cking up with people. when dealing with objects and business, cap moons would be bar none, top notch- but that doesn't mean alpha.

and southpaw, you're right about in real world aries mars in dignity is actually inferior to detriment taurus. most people do not really understand how dignity in a malefic planet actually enhances the malefication. i tried to explain that in another thread, but too many people had their heads up their a$$ and kept fighting me.
i have taurus mars and i will stick around and wait to crush my opponent, i wouldn't care if it takes forever. heads will roll when i determine it's what i want. most of the time, i don't want any violence, i don't even like arguing. it's only the important things that i will definitely stand my ground. my best friend has aries mars. she can't seem to get much done. she starts everything, but rarely sees anything through. she switches sides a lot and when arguing, she doesn't tend to put her foot down. she has an explosive temper that eggs other people on and doesn't realize it. i control my temper and impulses pretty well, but she on the other hand, gives into her impulses all the time.

Interesting take, may28gemini, but I would disagree with Mars being inferior in Aries as opposed to Taurus. I don't have Mars in either of those signs, so there's no axe to grind there. You have to consider, though, the activity of what is being undertaken. Taurus may help Mars in ways Aries may not be able to, but in the end, Mars in Taurus does strike me as inferior since Mars would not enjoy being in a fixed earth sign.

It's true that some people who have placements in detriment or fall may appear to have accomplished quite a bit, but it's been noticeable when I've been around such people that the accomplishments are masking deep insecurities and inner turmoil (as you put it) as a result. If there's still such inner turmoil after they've done so much, what have they really accomplished?

There's been talk on plenty of threads about how others view those with placements in exaltation or domicile as potentially lazy or inert, whereas those who have placements in detriment or fall accomplish a lot. Keep in mind that those accomplishments could simply be overcompensating, and granted, others may value the fruits of their labor, but what do those who've "accomplished" really have other than material "gain" in exchange for inner turmoil?

Glad you're enjoying the thread, too. lol

By the way, Aquarius is ruled by Saturn and Uranus. The distancing and detachment some ascribe to it is simply Aquarius's way to stepping away from Saturn in order to makes changes (Uranus).

Skywomb
08-01-2012, 07:44 AM
My grandmother did never curse her entire life to anyones knowledge at least (OK once when she got a fork in her forehead). She had her Moon in Capricorn. :)
She had lots of Virgo and some Libra as well, I think.

She was never an achiever, well OK she built a nice garden and worked a lot with that, and her children.
Emotionally distant, yes. Dead, yes.
From another era. Nicest person I've known (now I'm quite a bit Capricorn/Scorpio-ish so), and her actual children well she took good care of them is all I can say. And from what I heard she was always very calm a person and kind (but yes distant).

Bladibladabla!

may28gemini
08-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Interesting take, may28gemini, but I would disagree with Mars being inferior in Aries as opposed to Taurus. I don't have Mars in either of those signs, so there's no axe to grind there. You have to consider, though, the activity of what is being undertaken. Taurus may help Mars in ways Aries may not be able to, but in the end, Mars in Taurus does strike me as inferior since Mars would not enjoy being in a fixed earth sign.

It's true that some people who have placements in detriment or fall may appear to have accomplished quite a bit, but it's been noticeable when I've been around such people that the accomplishments are masking deep insecurities and inner turmoil (as you put it) as a result. If there's still such inner turmoil after they've done so much, what have they really accomplished?

There's been talk on plenty of threads about how others view those with placements in exaltation or domicile as potentially lazy or inert, whereas those who have placements in detriment or fall accomplish a lot. Keep in mind that those accomplishments could simply be overcompensating, and granted, others may value the fruits of their labor, but what do those who've "accomplished" really have other than material "gain" in exchange for inner turmoil?

Glad you're enjoying the thread, too. lol

By the way, Aquarius is ruled by Saturn and Uranus. The distancing and detachment some ascribe to it is simply Aquarius's way to stepping away from Saturn in order to makes changes (Uranus).

i like you. you're hilarious and a good sport. no, i don't think you have any axe to grind, you pretty much just come out and say it. i like it when people don't agree with me but are capable of being good humored about it and not being defensive. i like aqua moons actually. you guys are good sports and not so attached with sensitivity and ego like a bunch of other moons which i will not mention because i don't want to start a war about it :ninja:

when i mentioned about cap and aqua being saturn ruled, i omitted uranus out because it was a reference to what southpaw said earlier. i do understand how uranus plays his part in making aquarius wonky :tongue:

i can understand why a lot of people would say aries mars would be superior to taurus. aries is exciting and very action oriented. maybe too action oriented. taurus is traditionally lazy, fat, into luxuries, being shallow, etc. i have to say that yes, taurus mars is also guilty of those when afflicted. thankfully my mars isn't afflicted and trines both jupiter and saturn :cool: so my taurus mars isn't that yucky LOL i do like nice things, i do want to possess beautiful objects. but i don't put off facing some pretty hairy situations and i'm not afraid to fight. my best friend with an aries mars always counts on me to fight on her side and i always have her back. taurus mars is superior to aries mars in the sense that we're bound to a higher sense of loyalty. aries mars isn't afraid to flip the script if it means getting what they want.

piscesascendant
08-01-2012, 11:37 AM
taurus mars is superior to aries mars in the sense that we're bound to a higher sense of loyalty. aries mars isn't afraid to flip the script if it means getting what they want.

When it comes planetary placements and exaltation, domicile, detriment, and fall, a planet is deemed either exalted or in domicile if the sign assists the planet in a way that makes the best use of the planets'/luminary's energy. If a sign hinders a planet's/luminary's energy, it is said to be in detriment or fall. As for whether that makes a placement "superior" or "inferior, some might argue that that's subjective, but frankly, it's going to depend on context. I've noticed a tendency of those who have placements in detriment or fall to try to make up for being in the trenches by citing contexts where their own natal placements might put them ahead of exaltation or domicile. They may be able to highlight an example or two, but ultimately, a placement in detriment or fall is uncomfortable where it's at.

wilsontc
08-01-2012, 03:46 PM
All,

I deleted and edited some postings that got to be more about personal attacks than astrology. Keep discussions focused on the PROBLEM on the PERSON. I will continue to delete attacks as necessary. If the attacks continue that could lead to a Moderator Warning which could lead to banning.

Reminding,

Tim

Southpaw
08-02-2012, 12:46 AM

i agree with piscesasc because capricorn sign in any planet except for mars naturally exists as being insecure. capricorn is achievement oriented because they are extremely insecure on the inside and being earth bound, they seek external validation as a padding for their internal turmoil. i've met a lot of capricorn moons and although, i was friends with them because they sought me out, after awhile, they got cold and downright nasty. i had no choice but to leave them and not look back. in general, cap moons try to do the right thing but they always end up f*cking up with people. cap moon does not know nor feel why something is "the right thing" but they try to do these "right things" because it's traditionally indoctrinated in society and cap is very status quo. the problem of doing things without much belief/conviction in the actions on a philosophical and emotional level is there no higher connection and therefore, no internal rewards can be achieved. when dealing with objects and business, cap moons would be bar none, top notch- but that doesn't mean alpha. cap is slightly better than "shallow" but there's NOTHING deep about them- in any placement. not even when exalted in mars.

pisces, i don't think aqua moons are cold necessarily but they are very distant and detached. i think southpaws was trying to illustrate their similarities:
cap and aqua are both saturn ruled signs so when in moon position, you're going to experience something similar to saturn-moon aspects. aqua actually can be cold, but not cold in the malicious way that cap gets, aqua cold is more like "i don't know how to handle this so i won't get involved..." cap cold is, "everyone is worthless and a complete waste of space so i'm not going to bother." cap moons feel very little for themselves- there's a lot of self-loathing and feel nothing for others. aqua moons actually do feel for others but have difficulty expressing it in a way that wouldn't be mushy and gross them out.

anyway, i have taurus mars and i will stick around and wait to crush my opponent. i could give give 2 sh*ts if it takes forever because i will make heads will roll if i want. most of the time, i don't want any violence, i don't even like arguing, but i do give into the reality that it fighting and arguing is necessary so if i must, i'll battle to win. it's only the important things that i will definitely stand my ground and go to war over but other than that, i let a lot of sh*t slide. keep in mind, taurus mars doesn't operate on pride, not the way that aries mars is prideful. taurus mars is only interested in the barebones essentials of what makes the native secure. taurus mars is almost a guaranteed money making placement as mars is a money planet and taurus is a money sign (the other money sign is scorpio). if you mess with someone's money and they have taurus mars, watch out! taurus will come collect debt nicely for awhile but if you don't pay up, taurus mars will hound you to the end of time to get back what's their's. trust me, i know. i'm generous but if you push my generosity, i'm going to be the torn in your side for eternity. taurus mars people also tend to pay back money quickly. we respect money and its value.

my best friend has aries mars. she can't seem to get much done. she starts everything, but rarely sees anything through. she switches sides a lot and when arguing, she doesn't tend to put her foot down. she has an explosive temper that eggs other people on and doesn't realize it. she gets into public arguments with strangers a lot and if i'm there, i intervene and do damage control. i control my temper and impulses pretty well, but she on the other hand, gives into her impulses all the time. despite all that, i love her. i always stand up for her and i don't mind her strange impulses. taurus mars is patient and will put up with silliness more than any other mars placement. also, aries mars tend to be very physically active but so can taurus mars. i like being physically active and i find that only aries mars has the interest and energy to want to do deal with physical strain so those are the only friends that are willing to go a lot of things with me and not afraid to break a sweat. dignity scorpio mars is even more inferior as it's weak and flabby and they like to stay at home and watch tv.Caps while cold actually show care to their close ones in private. Aquas on the other hand are in lala land daydreaming on cloud 9 about how to be some noble world changer.

My only bone with Caps is how they can be lacking in morals and principles to the point where it even bothers me. Plus they're very no nonsense and can be boring to talk to for this reason.

exactly. People can be too gullible when it comes to these traditional dignities and debilities. Instead of doing actual research themselves to see what positions for Mars is best at combat, the purest manifestation of Mars, they just believe whatever is written in a bunch of books. Astrologers *are not* historians and record keepers.

Aries Mars has been shown to be clearly inferior to Taurus Mars in the most basic form of combat, hand to hand.

Then there's also more advanced forms of combat like military operations. Mars in Virgo or Gemini is the man there.

Interesting take, may28gemini, but I would disagree with Mars being inferior in Aries as opposed to Taurus. I don't have Mars in either of those signs, so there's no axe to grind there. You have to consider, though, the activity of what is being undertaken. Taurus may help Mars in ways Aries may not be able to, but in the end, Mars in Taurus does strike me as inferior since Mars would not enjoy being in a fixed earth sign.Yet Mars shines for war in Virgo or Gemini.

Seriously, if Mars in Aries can't even do well in combat, then it's not serving Mars well at all.

Being a "natural" position doesn't mean it makes the wisest use of it.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect
08-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Wow, an Aries mars inferior to a Taurus mars, lol wow I've seen it all on here. I know ppl with both placements n while yea Taurus sees things thru, it's not the best placement because they never let go of anything, including habits and prefer to do things in a way that guarantees failure, even if it's a better way. I've seen both operate n Taurus is just more stable and more stubborn and has alot more tendacy to develope habits

wintersprite1
08-02-2012, 05:49 AM
... lol wow I've seen it all on here....m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

:) As a rule, the forum tries to keep all conversations flowing. Unfortunately, this thread has gone way off the topic of a Capricorn Moon in debility to a free for all, name calling and sign bashing included. Planets in dignity have an easier time producing, and the opposite for those in debilities. Any Astrologer with a half wit will recognize that is still subject to other factors such as aspects or placements that the planet is involved with. Many Mars Scorpio friends of mine have a conjunction to Neptune in Scorpio. It is as interesting as it sounds.

TK

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect
08-02-2012, 07:15 AM
:) As a rule, the forum tries to keep all conversations flowing. Unfortunately, this thread has gone way off the topic of a Capricorn Moon in debility to a free for all, name calling and sign bashing included. Planets in dignity have an easier time producing, and the opposite for those in debilities. Any Astrologer with a half wit will recognize that is still subject to other factors such as aspects or placements that the planet is involved with. Many Mars Scorpio friends of mine have a conjunction to Neptune in Scorpio. It is as interesting as it sounds.

TK

Yea, I see that's it's been neglected on this thread that there's more to astrology than "personal distaste". This is the wrong sight to be subjective on but ignorance is bliss

may28gemini
08-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Caps while cold actually show care to their close ones in private. Aquas on the other hand are in lala land daydreaming on cloud 9 about how to be some noble world changer.

My only bone with Caps is how they can be lacking in morals and principles to the point where it even bothers me. Plus they're very no nonsense and can be boring to talk to for this reason.

exactly. People can be too gullible when it comes to these traditional dignities and debilities. Instead of doing actual research themselves to see what positions for Mars is best at combat, the purest manifestation of Mars, they just believe whatever is written in a bunch of books. Astrologers *are not* historians and record keepers.

Aries Mars has been shown to be clearly inferior to Taurus Mars in the most basic form of combat, hand to hand.

Then there's also more advanced forms of combat like military operations. Mars in Virgo or Gemini is the man there.

Yet Mars shines for war in Virgo or Gemini.

Seriously, if Mars in Aries can't even do well in combat, then it's not serving Mars well at all.

Being a "natural" position doesn't mean it makes the wisest use of it.

cap moon does tend to be devoid of any sort of deeper or higher morality. i've met a lot of them and like i said before, my friendship with them would end on a bad note because i had to get away from them.

aqua in personal planetary positions create a dreamy longing for a uptopia. because aqua is fixed, it doesn't want to change but expects and wants the external world to change and that's probably why aqua moons seem to be in lala land to you. i don't mind air moons, they will either conjunct or trine my sun, mercury, venus, and rising either by sign, degree, or both. they're my biggest supporters but i am like 80% air so air signs are usual the people who side with me automatically.

hey, i told you i'm with you with the assessment that malefic planets in domicile enhances their malefication. that's like a criminal in their gang hideout: you're not going to get positive energy to combat against the malefication but you get more energies to feed off of what's already there- which happens to be malefic energy. people can agree or disagree, it doesn't matter. i just find it irritating that commenters will automatically default interpretations and misinterpretations of "texts" and don't make their own formulations/observations but find safety in reinforcing someone else's interpretations. how boring. but hey, like i said, i'm with you on that.

Inline
08-02-2012, 08:17 AM
cap moon does tend to be devoid of any sort of deeper or higher morality. i've met a lot of them and like i said before, my friendship with them would end on a bad note because i had to get away from them....

???????
Are you soooo sure about this?

My sister has a cap moon and she is one of the most honest, ethical people i know.

My father had a cap moon and he was extremely ethical, working as a psychiatrist during the 60's & 70's.

And my first ex had a cap moon and he was fair and very ethical too.

PS. they are also very warm people. (and I'm a leo moon with cap mars)

may28gemini
08-02-2012, 08:21 AM
When it comes planetary placements and exaltation, domicile, detriment, and fall, a planet is deemed either exalted or in domicile if the sign assists the planet in a way that makes the best use of the planets'/luminary's energy. If a sign hinders a planet's/luminary's energy, it is said to be in detriment or fall. As for whether that makes a placement "superior" or "inferior, some might argue that that's subjective, but frankly, it's going to depend on context. I've noticed a tendency of those who have placements in detriment or fall to try to make up for being in the trenches by citing contexts where their own natal placements might put them ahead of exaltation or domicile. They may be able to highlight an example or two, but ultimately, a placement in detriment or fall is uncomfortable where it's at.

you know, it's funny. all this talk of aries vs taurus mars being off topic because you and southpaws were going back and forth over the definition of "alpha." i'm sure i'll get blamed by some people on this board that i messed up the thread because i went along with the deviation LOL
actually, i didn't want to intervene between you and southpaws but both of you guys shared some very interesting viewpoints and i always love it when unusual ideas pop up, esp. during a humorous exchange. maybe i give into my dignity gemini mercury too much but you two were cracking me up!!!

any fallen or detriment sign in any planet will be uncomfortable but discomfort is not necessarily a bad thing. discomfort will create some rough and distracting energies at first but the native has the opportunity to switch it up and learn how to make that discomfort turn into an advantage. but that only happens if the native tries EXTRA hard so you're absolutely right that it is overcompensation! fallen cap moon does not know how to take care of others in a caring/loving way but knows how to pay the bills on time. well... that's a fine quality. detriment taurus mars may not be too hot to trot on every single thing but at least it knows to finish what it starts.

there's always debates about aries mars vs. taurus mars. it's true that taurus mars is lazy but not in the sense of pure laziness and being unmotivated. on the contrary, taurus mars will not take up action when there is NO ACTUAL/PRACTICAL PURPOSE to fulfill. i know that very well. i've met many other taurus mars people and we all pretty much agree upon that. yes, mars is the planet of action. it's true. no one ever said mars had to be practical action or that mars must take up action and then finish the deed. mars is purely action and aries mars will produce just that: pure action. however, pure action without any purpose becomes wasteful and detrimental to the native and often results in killing a lot of time (which no one has much of anyway). that's not really something i see as a benefit. that's why i would say aries mars is "inferior" to taurus mars.

chances are, taurus mars people feel stagnant and uncomfortable with their physical body which can make them go on overdrive. being that taurus mars generally finishes up the task, the combo of developing self-discipline and taking regular action can be a fabulous result. cap mars is exalted because they were born with that self-discipline and taking regular action. taurus mars is considered detriment because once it starts, it doesn't stop. even mars the god of war has to take breaks! cap mars knows when to start and stop. but because taurus mars won't stop once it starts, it can actually surpass cap mars and achieve more because it went into overdrive all because of being "uncomfortable."

i'm not saying any of this as a "defense" to my placements or other people who share similar placements to me. i accept and like my chart top to bottom and laugh about all the yucky aspects/placements i have because i don't take it seriously. i find astrology fascinating but it's not the be all to end all, it certainly doesn't determine a person's worth or value. there's really a lot more gross stuff that astrology makes us aware of than there are truly good/lucky stuff. and yet, a lot of people get so fired up and are extremely attached to their chart which i find to be trivial. but hey, who cares. i think astrology teaches us we're born with what we're born with but we still have choices as to how to apply what we have and make what matters count. my taurus mars knows how to make things count and that's what matters to me. detriment or not, i achieved a lot of what i wanted to achieve and it's because of my will, not my chart that determined the outcome.

piscesascendant
08-02-2012, 08:31 AM
you know, it's funny. all this talk of aries vs taurus mars being off topic because you and southpaws were going back and forth over the definition of "alpha." i'm sure i'll get blamed by some people on this board that i messed up the thread because i went along with the deviation LOL
actually, i didn't want to intervene between you and southpaws but both of you guys shared some very interesting viewpoints and i always love it when unusual ideas pop up, esp. during a humorous exchange. maybe i give into my dignity gemini mercury too much but you two were cracking me up!!!

any fallen or detriment sign in any planet will be uncomfortable but discomfort is not necessarily a bad thing. discomfort will create some rough and distracting energies at first but the native has the opportunity to switch it up and learn how to make that discomfort turn into an advantage. but that only happens if the native tries EXTRA hard so you're absolutely right that it is overcompensation! fallen cap moon does not know how to take care of others in a caring/loving way but knows how to pay the bills on time. well... that's a fine quality. detriment taurus mars may not be too hot to trot on every single thing but at least it knows to finish what it starts.

there's always debates about aries mars vs. taurus mars. it's true that taurus mars is lazy but not in the sense of pure laziness and being unmotivated. on the contrary, taurus mars will not take up action when there is NO ACTUAL/PRACTICAL PURPOSE to fulfill. i know that very well. i've met many other taurus mars people and we all pretty much agree upon that. yes, mars is the planet of action. it's true. no one ever said mars had to be practical action or that mars must take up action and then finish the deed. mars is purely action and aries mars will produce just that: pure action. however, pure action without any purpose becomes wasteful and detrimental to the native and often results in killing a lot of time (which no one has much of anyway). that's not really something i see as a benefit. that's why i would say aries mars is "inferior" to taurus mars.

chances are, taurus mars people feel stagnant and uncomfortable with their physical body which can make them go on overdrive. being that taurus mars generally finishes up the task, the combo of developing self-discipline and taking regular action can be a fabulous result. cap mars is exalted because they were born with that self-discipline and taking regular action. taurus mars is considered detriment because once it starts, it doesn't stop. even mars the god of war has to take breaks! cap mars knows when to start and stop. but because taurus mars won't stop once it starts, it can actually surpass cap mars and achieve more because it went into overdrive all because of being "uncomfortable."

i'm not saying any of this as a "defense" to my placements or other people who share similar placements to me. i accept and like my chart top to bottom and laugh about all the yucky aspects/placements i have because i don't take it seriously. i find astrology fascinating but it's not the be all to end all, it certainly doesn't determine a person's worth or value. there's really a lot more gross stuff that astrology makes us aware of than there are truly good/lucky stuff. and yet, a lot of people get so fired up and are extremely attached to their chart which i find to be trivial. but hey, who cares. i think astrology teaches us we're born with what we're born with but we still have choices as to how to apply what we have and make what matters count. my taurus mars knows how to make things count and that's what matters to me. detriment or not, i achieved a lot of what i wanted to achieve and it's because of my will, not my chart that determined the outcome.

Understandable, although people might be surprised by how much their charts play a role in their lives, whether they realize it or not. ;)

may28gemini
08-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Understandable, although people might be surprised by how much their charts play a role in their lives, whether they realize it or not. ;)

yes, learning about one's chart can assist in a lot of personal growth but i'm going to take the aries mars approach (for once) and say, live and let live!

i was at an entrepreneur seminar last night and one of the presenters said, "remember, there is only truly one thing that rewards you in life and that is taking action!" quite fitting as los angeles is VERY aries- 6 or 7 aries planets (including sun) and zero air. yup. even my taurus mars must compete with where i live. and yet, life goes on...:joyful:

poyi
08-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I think you can't really just use one Moon sign to determine everything.

I am Capricorn Moon. But people often tell me to calm down as I often laugh so loud that I will shock people around me and start laughing with me.

I have Jupiter conjunction at IC with SN ruling the 4th and 7th and Mercury in 3r house, Mercury ruling Virgo and Gemini in 1st & 10th house. So I talk a lot as well, very expressive.

I can cry in few seconds if I reading some sad stories or watching movies. Regarding to personal matter though, I hide away and I wont let people know that I feel sad or unwell. I would pretend nothing is going on. The reason is I dont think I should involve other if I dont trust them or there is nothing they could do to help.

Being practical I dont want to make them feel sad as well. Just like, "Whats the point?" But my emotion runs so deep deep deep yet no one would notice a thing if I dont want to let them know. If I have 39 degree fever I would still be working fine as if nothing was wrong. Is kind of sad as if I call in sick people would think she wasnt looking that sick.

wintersprite1
08-03-2012, 01:36 PM
I have split off part of this thread and that can be found at Planets involved with Military Leaders (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53222)

Now lets return to the original topic, Capricorn Moon.

As I said in the beginning of this thread so long ago, you really have to get to know one (and not in a superficial way... they can see that game). They are wickedly funny, often going over others heads. And Capricorn Moons have the same emotions as everyone else, they are just practical about it and choosy who they share untapped emotion with.

TK

soratothamax
08-03-2012, 10:50 PM
My experience with a debilitated moon (fall) isn't a happy one. Moon signs in this state will have negative reactions from it and toward it.

But one must try to understand where all of these negative displays of feelings are coming from to truly know how to understand such an emotionally complicated person. Maybe they had a bad past, maybe they were not taught how to express their emotions properly. You have to consider that.

Of course, if you have a peregrine Moon (Moon in Aquarius) not to make any waves, but you're not the best moon walking. Capricorns seem cold, but your outspoken thread was also insensitive. It seems that you didn't truly consider anothers' feelings. You are free to express yourself, but it's that same freedom that you took that made you look insensitive, no? :biggrin: It could be the same through a Cap's mind who might find you insensitive and not understanding, because you immediately wrote them off as cold without going any deeper into their feelings...which Aquarius Moons always miss.

When I read your thread post, I was like ouch, that was cold...So I wouldn't consider you to be the warmest and most understanding person either. At the same time, a moon that is not well placed or aspected will not be perfect. not in the least. If it were well placed, it wouldn't have as many negative reponses.

Of course, a little birdie on this message board taught me that what we perceive from another is simply a reflection of our own charts. possibly you see them as cold and insensitive because you yourself are etache and insensitive?...

It's the same with me. I used to see my mother as a drama mama, a **** starter, and a tyrant...but maybe I co-authored that behavior because I myself am that way and so perceive and push that behavior off on someone else...

Just food for thought.

piscesascendant
08-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Just a reminder that Cap Moon isn't in fall. That belongs to Moon in Scorpio. Cap Moon is in detriment.

soratothamax
08-04-2012, 02:01 AM
Just a reminder that Cap Moon isn't in fall. That belongs to Moon in Scorpio. Cap Moon is in detriment.

I know. I was just saying that just because something seems bad, whether it be in Fall or detriment (I have a Detrimental Venus) doesn't mean it truly is. It takes an understanding person to PERCEIVE another person as understanding.

A caring and understanding person would try to UNDERSTANd a Cap's feelings. A poor Moon wouldn't but point the finger when really it is their own reflection.

Southpaw
08-04-2012, 02:32 AM
I know. I was just saying that just because something seems bad, whether it be in Fall or detriment (I have a Detrimental Venus) doesn't mean it truly is. It takes an understanding person to PERCEIVE another person as understanding.

A caring and understanding person would try to UNDERSTANd a Cap's feelings. A poor Moon wouldn't but point the finger when really it is their own reflection.

Do you have some Libra or Pisces influence by any chance?

Saturnian
09-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Most Cap moon people I know focus at the expense of others' feelings. They tend to steamroll others. Not to speak ill of your husband.
Perhaps you don't know them that well.
I have a friend with Cap moon(aqua sun and taurus asc) and she's on of the best people I know.
She speaks her mind and is rather upfront.Her words have never really hurt me cause she means no harm nor is she a person with "evil" motives,or use others as a stepping stone to climb up the success ladder.
I really don't understand the dislike they get for not crying every tiny second and not been all huggy.
No one complains about air sings not being emotional over the top.

Saturnian
09-02-2012, 10:59 PM
You know what, there's nothing wrong with Cap Moons, @piscesascendant, the problem is with you. Maybe you're just a stubborn, opinionated amateur who wants to argue just for the sake of arguing to seem different and **** ppl off, that's all.

DG
Sorry for double posting but after coming across this post I can't help but wonder.Is it only me who sees something wrong with this?It's insulting the original poster,isn't this under "personal attack"?

Onion
10-04-2012, 09:09 AM
I have a cap moon, as do 2 of my closest friends. I can assure you that we have just as much emotion. We just don't throw it around like others, with the exclusion of my one cap-mooned friend, though she has cancer rising... We are very secretive about our feelings and are quite shy when it comes to such matters. We keep a tight hold on that side of our selves, for reasons unknown to me. Please don't perpetuate the horrid misconception that capricorn moons are cold and unfeeling. It is simply not true. :rightful:

You just have to get close enough to them (really close, a challenging task) to see that we're suckers like the rest of you. Behind the icy wall we're mush.

Peace

piscesascendant
10-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Please don't perpetuate the horrid misconception that capricorn moons are cold and unfeeling. It is simply not true.

I'm not trying to "perpetuate" anything. Two family members have Moon in Capricorn, so I'm not pulling this out of thin air. Feelings from them tend to be pretty enshrouded. Your experience is apparently different. Fair enough. I speak from my experience.

Onion
10-05-2012, 08:17 AM
PiscesAsc,

Fair enough. You are certainly entitled to your own preferences. It was not my intention to invalidate your experience-based observations. We all have our subjective opinions about certain planetary placement.

I just wanted to speak on behalf of us cap moons, and assure you that most of us are truly not so cold. We are just very careful about expressing emotion. We cap moons need to have complete trust in others to expose our true selves to them.

Saturnian
10-05-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm not trying to "perpetuate" anything. Two family members have Moon in Capricorn, so I'm not pulling this out of thin air. Feelings from them tend to be pretty enshrouded. Your experience is apparently different. Fair enough. I speak from my experience.
Also keep in mind that perhaps you don't make them feel comfortable enough nor see you as trustworthy.So before throwing all the blame on them you should consider your position too.
Sometimes people don't show their sensitive side to everyone but only a select few.
You can't possibly tell me you are emotionally expressive around every type of person right?

I understand we as people see things pretty subjectively but to make a good judgement it is wiser to observe them interact with others as well other than yourself,no matter how hurt you feel by those people.

I would advise you to avoid becoming prejudiced against them because that equals discrimination.And sooner or later if you hold on to the mentality "Capricorn moons are this and that way" you'll probably bestow on them a lot of blame or even avoid them without making a thorough judgement but basing it on your "experience".
Also people tend to be wrong in their judgements quite a few times in their life.We are not perfect or always right.

You can never know what a person truly is feeling even by observing them.Except if you decide to stalk them and witness some of their most private moments,your choice.
And if you have a problem with their "unemotional"-calculating nature it'd be best if you actually asked them what's up with it.It's a lot simpler than you make it out to be.I mean...who's better to answer your question than those people themselves?

piscesascendant
10-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Your interaction with them you mean.Also keep in mind that perhaps you don't make them feel comfortable enough nor see you as trustworthy.So before throwing all the blame on them you should consider your position too.
Sometimes people don't show their sensitive side to everyone but only a select few.I've no idea what triggers those people to express themselves emotionally but I am pretty certain my previous sentence can pretty much cover most cases.
So hey I know a guy who's quite rude and mean to me for some reason.Does that make him a cold person?Not really cause with his few select people he behaves very warmly.
I understand we as people see things pretty subjectively but to make a good judgement it is wiser to observe them interact with others as well other than yourself,no matter how hurt you feel by those people.The way I see it you are really fixed on your opinion,of course that does not mean I could not be wrong.
I'm simply participating in this so much(kind of) cause it could result in the abuse(or misuse) of astrology but also encourage discrimination.Meaning you could already by avoiding Capricorn moons over your "experience" which is pretty illogical since you're basically putting everyone under the same category over something they were "born with" and not a choice they made.

As I've said, at least two Cap moons are family members, so, I've been observing their interaction with others for quite some time.

The rest of your response reads pretty choppy and could use some clarifying. Thanks.

Saturnian
10-05-2012, 11:13 PM
As I've said, at least two Cap moons are family members, so, I've been observing their interaction with others for quite some time.

The rest of your response reads pretty choppy and could use some clarifying. Thanks.
I'll edit it tomorrow then so you can read it easily.

Saturnian
10-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Go read it again now.I edited removed some stuff and added others.I hope now you get what I am trying to say.It shouldn't be particularly difficult.

piscesascendant
10-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Also keep in mind that perhaps you don't make them feel comfortable enough nor see you as trustworthy.So before throwing all the blame on them you should consider your position too.
Sometimes people don't show their sensitive side to everyone but only a select few.
You can't possibly tell me you are emotionally expressive around every type of person right?

I understand we as people see things pretty subjectively but to make a good judgement it is wiser to observe them interact with others as well other than yourself,no matter how hurt you feel by those people.

I would advise you to avoid becoming prejudiced against them because that equals discrimination.And sooner or later if you hold on to the mentality "Capricorn moons are this and that way" you'll probably bestow on them a lot of blame or even avoid them without making a thorough judgement but basing it on your "experience".
Also people tend to be wrong in their judgements quite a few times in their life.We are not perfect or always right.

You can never know what a person truly is feeling even by observing them.Except if you decide to stalk them and witness some of their most private moments,your choice.
And if you have a problem with their "unemotional"-calculating nature it'd be best if you actually asked them what's up with it.It's a lot simpler than you make it out to be.I mean...who's better to answer your question than those people themselves?

No need to observe their most private moments. You mentioned about watching their interactions with others. I have, so I know it's not just me. I have asked them "what's up with it." Same unfeeling responses. My assessment is from seeing patterns of their behavior while giving benefit of the doubt each time. That benefit has been quashed each time by their continual unfeeling behavior.

Can't possibly be emotionally expressive around every type of person? Not sure what limits you place around emotional expression. I have noticed not only a non-expressiveness to emotion, but a suppression, in Cap Moon people.

As I've said, it's been my experience. You'll have yours.

Saturnian
10-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Good,I still support my view that Capricorn moons have a very bad reputation and for the most part are misunderstood.
Not saying that the people you know and happen to have Capricorn moon can't possibly be bad people.Any moon/sun/rising sign could be.
I'd be more concerned about their chart as a whole rather than a planet.

piscesascendant
10-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Good,I still support my view that Capricorn moons have a very bad reputation and for the most part are misunderstood.
Not saying that the people you know and happen to have Capricorn moon can't possibly be bad people.Any moon/sun/rising sign could be.
I'd be more concerned about their chart as a whole rather than a planet.

Actually, the moon is a luminary, not a planet.

Saturnian
10-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Actually, the moon is a luminary, not a planet.

That's not really the point here but have your way.
I'd be more concerned about their chart as a whole rather than only a luminary. Since the Moon is so important though(to you at least) it would be vital to study its house position and aspects it makes to determine how it manifests itself.:sideways:

piscesascendant
10-06-2012, 10:56 AM
That's not really the point here but have your way.

Just clarifying.

Since the Moon is so important though(to you at least) it would be vital to study its house position and aspects it makes to determine how it manifests itself.:sideways:

Already have.

Saturnian
10-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Just clarifying.

Already have.
You could also try a synastry if you already haven't.It'd offer a lot of insight regarding the way you interact with them and how you interpret their behavior and could explain your difficulty to like them.

That was my last piece of advice here.Not sure if anyone mentioned it before in one of those lengthy posts.

piscesascendant
10-06-2012, 11:46 AM
You could also try a synastry if you already haven't.It'd offer a lot of insight regarding the way you interact with them and how you interpret their behavior and could explain your difficulty to like them.

That was my last piece of advice here.Not sure if anyone mentioned it before in one of those lengthy posts.

Already did the synastry.

Onion
10-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Yes, Cap moon is Reserved, Grasping, Stable, Self-conscious, Cold at first galnce and second:P Im proud owner of one:) but it helps me a lot. If i were any other moon sign i would have gone mental long time ago ( natal sun opposite saturn, moon conjunct neptune and uranus) Emotionless? No. Coldish..? mostly yes:whistling:

Cassandra, I have all the same placements and aspects that you mentioned! You don't have libra rising do you?

Onion
10-07-2012, 07:15 AM
actually, i dont have the sun-saturn opposition...

Peregrine_Moon
10-07-2012, 07:36 AM
I have a Capricorn Moon, too. I'm not cold, distant or detached. I'm not uncomfortable with others' emotions, either. I don't like expressing vulnerability when I'm with people I don't know. Even with people I do know, I tend to be guarded most of the time.

Capricorn Moons usually direct emotions into practical things. For that reason, we're fantastic to have around in a crisis. We'll organize the triage centre, the search-and-rescue party and the press conference. Radar O'Reilly in M*A*S*H is Capricorn Moon personified!

One of the worst things for most of us is to be prevented from acting or to be told that there's nothing we can do. What we do for others reflects how we feel.

zoumizzouzou
10-08-2012, 12:48 AM

I can't speak for other Cappy Moons, as most of them do not agree with you or me, but I agree with you 100%. I am emotionally distant, cold hearted and don't connect easily with people. I'm insensitive to others emotions and have a tendency to not care about anyone or anything unless it benefits me. I do rub people the wrong way with what I say and have this "I don't give a f..." attitude if said person likes/liked what I have/had to say or not. I guess I may have hurt people with this attitude/mindset. Btw, my Moon is in III.

Ok, I just read some of the posts and you are talking of family members as well. Here's my insight... I hate my family to the extreme (maybe its because of Saturn in IV... Haha Cappy ruler in IV, sorry lol) anyway, I've had lots of family problems, and I especially hate my mother... This could be a clue as to why: "Chiron in Cancer: The superficial interpretation would be that there were childhood troubles with the mother. Brilliant deduction. Hey, who didn't have some childhood problems with both parents? The real key here is how we dealt with it. The positive part of Chiron in Cancer is that you can be very nurturing. This is a very good position for therapists and caregivers of any sort. The negative side is that you find it difficult to nurture yourself or let others nurture you. Everybody has some degree of difficulty in growing up and severing that psychological umbilical cord with mama. Chiron in Cancer people tend to take a longer time than most to do the job. Once you do this, though, and learn to accept as well as give nurturing, you should be fine. So stop whining and complaining."

Onion
10-08-2012, 05:42 AM
cold hearted and don't connect easily with people. I'm insensitive to others emotions and have a tendency to not care about anyone or anything unless it benefits me.."

That's kind of psychopathic. Of all the capricorn moons I know, none of them are like that.

Onion
10-08-2012, 05:55 AM
I respect your honesty though.

I too have a moon in capricorn in the third and libra rising...

I also have a friend who has cancer sun/cap moon and she holds a whole lot of undeserved anger for her parents. She is very cold to them and often claims to hate them, especially her mother, but she does not know why. Also, she has cap rising, opposite her sun, and saturn in the 2nd.

Onion
10-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Saturnian,
You seem very wise, not surprising for the name. :wink:

I'd be interested to see your chart if you feel like posting it.

zoumizzouzou
10-08-2012, 06:06 AM
That's kind of psychopathic. Of all the capricorn moons I know, none of them are like that.

In all honesty, I'd like to know what you think of me as a whole, if you don't mind me asking... Take a look at my chart: http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?clang=e&rs=0&ast=&gm=a1&sday=8&btyp=2&syr=2012&zod=&lang=e&orbp=&mth=gw&cid=njcfileGQMkOT-u1349417375&hsy=-1&smon=10&nhor=2&go.x=9&go.y=8&go=Go

I've been called psycho before lol, and I just don't know what to say lol.

tautomer
10-08-2012, 06:58 AM
I've been called psycho before lol, and I just don't know what to say lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy read the wiki on it. It gives a basic and detailed overview of what a psychopath is like, and what psychopathy is. You'll be able to come to your own conclusions to whether or not those around you who have claimed this of you, are valid of not. Based upon how you may or may not feel you fit this.

zoumizzouzou
10-08-2012, 07:02 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy read the wiki on it. It gives a basic and detailed overview of what a psychopath is like, and what psychopathy is. You'll be able to come to your own conclusions to whether or not those around you who have claimed this of you, are valid of not. Based upon how you may or may not feel you fit this.

This made me laugh :lol:

Saturnian
10-08-2012, 09:49 AM
I can't speak for other Cappy Moons, as most of them do not agree with you or me, but I agree with you 100%. I am emotionally distant, cold hearted and don't connect easily with people. I'm insensitive to others emotions and have a tendency to not care about anyone or anything unless it benefits me. I do rub people the wrong way with what I say and have this "I don't give a f..." attitude if said person likes/liked what I have/had to say or not. I guess I may have hurt people with this attitude/mindset. Btw, my Moon is in III.

Ok, I just read some of the posts and you are talking of family members as well. Here's my insight... I hate my family to the extreme (maybe its because of Saturn in IV... Haha Cappy ruler in IV, sorry lol) anyway, I've had lots of family problems, and I especially hate my mother... This could be a clue as to why: "Chiron in Cancer: The superficial interpretation would be that there were childhood troubles with the mother. Brilliant deduction. Hey, who didn't have some childhood problems with both parents? The real key here is how we dealt with it. The positive part of Chiron in Cancer is that you can be very nurturing. This is a very good position for therapists and caregivers of any sort. The negative side is that you find it difficult to nurture yourself or let others nurture you. Everybody has some degree of difficulty in growing up and severing that psychological umbilical cord with mama. Chiron in Cancer people tend to take a longer time than most to do the job. Once you do this, though, and learn to accept as well as give nurturing, you should be fine. So stop whining and complaining."
When people have problems with their parents and especially if they hate them,it could mean that they didn't receive enough love.And not receiving enough love is the "mother" of many problems.I dunno if you suffer from any severe disorder like anti-social(which is what you are describing) but if I were you I would do something about it.There's also the attachment disorder that that's a very very severe case(but also a rare one) and had to do with the inability to feel close,relate and trust other people.After of course you have been abused from one of your parents.Not all abused kids of course end up developing this problem.But here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-Re_Fl_L4
I wouldn't call something a disorder so lightly but before calling yourself "psychotic" you have to ask yourself "why?".Is it cause other people call you that and you have adopted it and accepted it or is it cause YOU yourself see that something in your head isn't functioning they way "it should be"?You should not also discard the possibility that you feel so disappointed with your parents and especially your mom that you are aggressive towards them in hopes of protecting yourself and creating a defense mechanism.That has little to do with psychotic.
Let alone that the real definition of "psychosis" is illness of the mind.Meaning you are not in touch with reality.instead you're delusional.It doesn't exactly deal with how well or bad you relate to others.

I also think you should check your aspects.Usually those indicate a lot more about difficulties and problems than just the sign placements.The way you make it appear then all the Leo moons I have met should have been suffering from a narcissistic disorder.And I should already be stalking a bunch of people.
Also if you wanna make sure you suffer from a disorder or you have a problem as it seems you believe,it'd be better to define which one is it by taking a test at a center or something.

---------------------
As for @Onion: Well I must have a chart around somewhere I can PM it to you if you wanna see.

zoumizzouzou
10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I never said that I was psychotic, I said others have seen me that way. Also, I'm not anti social either. I don't have psychosis either, seeing as I already knew what that was, I am for a fact not delusional or out of touch with reality, I'm perfectly fine. I just have a tenancy to be cold and distant. I hurt other's with my words without even trying. Its not my fault other people don't like what I have to say, and no, I'm not gonna just keep to my self because someone wants to be all cry baby about it. I just don't care enough about other's feelings to keep my mouth shut. I will say what ever comes to my mind, when I want to.

Saturnian
10-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Well it' not what you say.It's HOW you say it.Reactions can vary according to that.

Claire19
10-09-2012, 01:04 AM
I also have several Moon in Capricorn people in my life. They are all different and it depends on the aspects. One woman comes from a farming family and has an enduring marriage which is one of the better manifestations of Moon in Cap as they are loyal, down to earth and dutiful. They are stalwart and keen to do the proper thing and this may make them seem a little cold.
They may not be effusive with affection but that is often the way they were brought up. My Dad and my best friend have it and also a very good neighbour of mine. Of course I do have a Taurus Moon which connects very well there.

wilsontc
10-09-2012, 04:14 PM
All,

Please keep the focus on astrology. I have deleted the non-astrological comments by request.

Back on subject,

Tim

GraceK
11-22-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm new to this forum and I found it because I did a Google search 'moon in Capricorn and narcissim'. I was searching for that because I have three close family members, all with moon in Capricorn and every single one of them has at some point just cut me out of their lives without reason. But they will hop back in again when they need me for something. One of those people was my Mother and of course that behaviour set me up for being a bit of a doormat throughout my life. The others are a niece and a son. And all three have created arguments so that they had a reason for cutting me out of their lives.

I married a man with moon in Leo, way before I knew anything about astrology and of course I was already conditioned (my moon is in Pisces) to be a bit self-sacrificial, but I have to admit I was shocked when he used to stamp his feet in temper like a spoiled child when he didn't get his own way. He demanded a lot of attention, which he usually got by yelling and screaming, banging doors and foot stamping. After 20 years of that I was an empty shell with no energy whatsoever because I'd been devoting it all to him. I've experienced the very nasty, selfish and dangerous side of narcissism and it almost cost me my life. My ex tried every trick in the book to stop me from leaving him, everything from religion to motherhood to violence. And many times I left and went back - but I never, ever felt truly loved by ANY of those Moon in Cap, Moon in Leo's - but I did feel used and once I stopped giving them attention - they looked elsewhere for it without a glance backwards. It's as though I never existed in their lives at all. They seem to 'move on' very easily when their narcissistic supply is exhausted, whereas it took me years to move on because I was so busy trying to work out why they behaved the way they did - coldly and seemingly without real feeling.

I've found a lot of interesting posts here which I find really helpful. I'm certainly not saying that all moon in Cap/Leo are bad people, but I've found from my own experience that they can be selfish and lacking in empathy towards others.

GraceK
11-22-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm also Cancerian and have been surrounded by close family members with moon in Capricorn. I found all of them cold and distant and only wanted me around if they had a use for me. Once I'd served my purpose, they were off! One was my Mother, the other my Son and the other my Niece. All three of them have cut me out of their lives because they no longer have a use for me. My ex was Moon in Leo and a total narcissist - you'd have thought I'd have known better.

JUPITERASC
11-22-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm new to this forum and I found it because I did a Google search 'moon in Capricorn and narcissim'. I was searching for that because I have three close family members, all with moon in Capricorn and every single one of them has at some point just cut me out of their lives without reason. But they will hop back in again when they need me for something. One of those people was my Mother and of course that behaviour set me up for being a bit of a doormat throughout my life. The others are a niece and a son. And all three have created arguments so that they had a reason for cutting me out of their lives.

I married a man with moon in Leo, way before I knew anything about astrology and of course I was already conditioned (my moon is in Pisces) to be a bit self-sacrificial, but I have to admit I was shocked when he used to stamp his feet in temper like a spoiled child when he didn't get his own way. He demanded a lot of attention, which he usually got by yelling and screaming, banging doors and foot stamping. After 20 years of that I was an empty shell with no energy whatsoever because I'd been devoting it all to him. I've experienced the very nasty, selfish and dangerous side of narcissism and it almost cost me my life. My ex tried every trick in the book to stop me from leaving him, everything from religion to motherhood to violence. And many times I left and went back - but I never, ever felt truly loved by ANY of those Moon in Cap, Moon in Leo's - but I did feel used and once I stopped giving them attention - they looked elsewhere for it without a glance backwards. It's as though I never existed in their lives at all. They seem to 'move on' very easily when their narcissistic supply is exhausted, whereas it took me years to move on because I was so busy trying to work out why they behaved the way they did - coldly and seemingly without real feeling.

I've found a lot of interesting posts here which I find really helpful. I'm certainly not saying that all moon in Cap/Leo are bad people, but I've found from my own experience that they can be selfish and lacking in empathy towards others.
Traditionally, a key to understanding the Moon's location in Capricorn
is that traditionally for births during the daytime, the Moon has no dignity in Capricorn and is therefore peregrine

Those born at night time are fortunate to have their Moon in Triplicity which is at least some dignity - not much, but better than nothing, since the Moon is saved from being Peregrine :smile:

useful thread discusses Peregrine status of planets at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45152

I'm also Cancerian and have been surrounded by close family members with moon in Capricorn. I found all of them cold and distant and only wanted me around if they had a use for me. Once I'd served my purpose, they were off! One was my Mother, the other my Son and the other my Niece. All three of them have cut me out of their lives because they no longer have a use for me. My ex was Moon in Leo and a total narcissist - you'd have thought I'd have known better.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/im/dignities2.gif

poyi
11-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I think the main issues is that cause you are Cancerian so automatically you will see Capricorn as in Opposition, that has more to do with the aspect and polarization (almost like 1st house seeing the open enemy 7th house) of the two signs in synasty between you and these people. The tension of competition will always be there. One wants to go left the other wants to go right, like using two hands to pull a piece of rubber string into opposite directions, if not learning to reach a common point, will only break and both hands will get hurt! Tension and opposition are opportunity to learn something in between to make peace.

poyi
11-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Capricorn is a funny sign it look like a goat blunt and cold on the top but underneath is a soft tail fish. I have Capricorn moon born at night. I hope myself is not that nasty and cold. People in fact found me very warm in real life perhaps the moon trine Venus in libra and Mars in Virgo. I am very expressive of my emotion with sextile to mercury in Scorpio. I have a lot of emotion very intense and can really go volcano like in both love and anger.

To think about it Capricorn rules bones our bones support us so we can walk and protects the organs as the ribs around your chest and hip for the reproductive organs. The way Capricorn express it love is very earthy and practical instead of giving you hugs and kisses we would do something to get you through your problems or simply giving you some money or cook you a meal. Is always about some kind of material and practical helps. If you do get to know us you will see our vulnerable side under the horns.

The Ram
11-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Oh yes you guys\girls are a sensitive bunch. Actually more sensitive than most moon placements.

Limperatrice
01-11-2014, 11:57 PM
I've been involved with a guy with a Capricorn moon for the past year and an issue that has come up over and over has been his blunt criticisms, mean teasing and what I feel is him always keeping me at arm's length. Every time I've tried talking to him about how he hurts my feelings and it sometimes seems like he barely likes me (despite certain actions that say otherwise, such as traveling 3,000 miles to surprise me on my doorstep) he says the same sort of things: that's just his sense of humor - very dry and sarcastic, he has a very hard shell and doesn't give his heart over so easily.

Now I realize that a lot of men are generally uncomfortable with women crying in front of them, but I've never had one tell me directly, and so many times, that he hates crying. I've never cried in front of him, only told him that I'm very sensitive and emotional (Pisces, Cancer asc., Taurus moon....we may just be incompatible in temperament, love and communication styles, etc.)

Anyway, I started looking at his birth chart in the past few weeks and everything I've read about this moon placement sounds so much like him! From what others have shared, I think my suspicions about him were correct - despite whatever it is he seems to feel for me at times, he has an internal block from letting down his guard and freely showing affection or using affectionate words. I think I trigger his distrust because his mean teasing makes it hard for me to trust him enough to fully open up and it's this unfortunate, vicious cycle. *sigh* I don't think I have the fortitude to make it to his wonderful, gooey center that I know is there because I've felt it in fleeting moments.

Anyway, that's my very long-winded way of saying, I know where the OP is coming from and I also can see how frustrating it must be for someone like this who wants to emotionally connect with someone but has a hard time showing it or contributing to an environment that allows such connections to reach full bloom.

GraceK
01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
I had a Mum with moon in Capricorn. She had a hard time showing her feelings. She wasn't a hugger or a cuddler. I can't remember being physically hugged by her at all. It just wasn't done. In fact, you could see how repulsed she felt about physical contact when she saw others hugging. I couldn't even give her a peck on the cheek without her physically recoiling and because I was completely the opposite - I automatically hug people in greeting or to comfort someone. I'm tactile in that respect. I cry when I'm sad, laugh when I'm happy etc. But my mother used to make me feel that displays of emotion were wrong, she'd make sarcastic remarks and I have to say she made me feel utterly miserable about myself for most of my life. Children base their self esteem on what parents say or think about them. My mother just made me feel weak and stupid for being a normal person. I don't think she longed to be any different, I think she just believed that 'her way' was the 'right way' to be and that everyone else was a bit odd.

GraceK
01-12-2014, 06:03 PM
See ... that comment you made about 'being all cry baby about it' is exactly what I'm talking about where moon in Capricorn is concerned. That's what they think of people who show emotion by crying. But there is nothing at all 'cry baby' about shedding tears when you're hurt - it's NORMAL. It does NOT imply weakness, in fact, it's HEALTHY and it rids the body of stress hormones that if they build up, become toxic in the body. Also, if you liken crying to going for a pee - would you stop yourself from peeing if you needed to? Why would you suppress fluid from coming out of your eyes when quite naturally, you allow it to leave your bladder? Crying is a bodily function, so is complaining and whining and yelling when we're hurt. They all help to alleviate pain. That's what e-motion is for - to MOVE things out.

Lucius22
02-04-2014, 12:42 AM
I have a Capricorn moon. I've been told that I should think before I speak. I'm very blunt. I'm also extremely ambitious. But I'm not sure I would describe myself as "cold".

LyP
05-11-2014, 06:04 AM
This is such a complicated colocation
People with this moon need to be earned every single day
seems to that movie with Adam Sandler and Drew Berrymore.
but without the memory problem

Maybe they could try to learn to give the same amount they receive
Drop the mistrust ...
this is just an observation of the people I met
including a very special person in my life, which even today do not know if she really liked me.
they have a security lock to not show their feelings imho.

in the end i think this moon only requires patience, or needy idiot people like me. lol

issajakes
05-11-2014, 07:09 AM
My understanding is nascent at best but: Capricorn ruled by Saturn. Saturn is about Mastery, is it not? Having plenty of Saturn influence in my chart i am constantly challenged to this endeavor. The best way i've found to think about it is that the Master need not control, he/she would both retain a sense of Self (in the Jungian sense, not ego) while also being in symphony with the realm in which they dwell. So Capricorn moon need not run cold in order to not run too hot once Mastery is achieved. The fear of hot which produces cold is early stages of the endeavor. Saturn has all the patience in the universe even if we don't, eh?

Rambeau
05-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Hello.

I registered to provide a little insight about Moon in Cappy to this thread.

I'm a woman with Sun in Pisces/Moon in Cap/Asc Cancer/Mars Aries/Venus Pisces. I am the queen of exaltations and detriment!

I'd like to address the "cold" description of Moon in Cap. The coldness is not one of emotional detachment as is often the case with Air Moons. The coldness is the result of reservation and emotional suppression. Some here have accurately pointed out the insecurity of this position. That insecurity often stems from fear of ridicule or disrespect. Being respected can be an obsessive desire of this Moon.

I have the classic Moon in Cap backstory: Abandoned by mother; troubles with other women; relationship issues.

This is a placement which "relaxes" more if and when maturity and self-awareness is gained. Although very maligned by astrological lore, loyalty and steadfastness are positive hallmarks of this placement.

There is definitely a tendency I, and am sure, other Cap Moons have, of despising "baby-ish" behavior. However, for me, this means no patience for crying or emotional outbursts used in a calculating way to manipulate me emotionally. I simply turn off and can become very cold when I perceive that type of behavior from someone. That said, and perhaps this is my Pisces Sun, genuine suffering and pain from others, especially suffered by children and animals can put me in the darkest depression for days; the blackest of moods; and my Cap Moon goes into obsessive overdrive, thinking what I can do to help alleviate that suffering. This has resulted in my spending way beyond my means--although, as a Cap Moon, I make a good living and am doing well in my field--donating to causes, volunteering, and adopting a rescue animal saved from a dog fighting ring.

That's my two cents on being a Moon in Cap.

anjelik
05-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Right. As I said, it could be my personal "distaste." No hate, just "distaste." And I don't care for inordinate amounts of emotions (Aquarius sun, moon, and mercury), but as I've said, of the Cap moons I've come across, I sense very little emotion. Frankly, I have to leave the presence of one before too long or else I feel emotionally dehydrated, and I only wish I was kidding.

Thanks for responding, though.

That is odd considering from my experience relating to both moon signs, they behave very similarly even though they are different elements (perhaps because both are ruled by Saturn). I have a Gemini Moon and I relate well with both Aqua and Cap Moons due to their detached nature. There is no emotional blackmailing with either of them and I appreciate that. I am the kind of person that turns off once the tantrums and tears start. It's so childish. Are you basing your opinion off of one experience or has this been your general experience with several individuals? I am speaking from having a ton of experience with Aqua Moons (my dad, fiance, two best friends) and my exbf that I lived with for nearly three years had a Cap moon. Just curious.

Flapjacks
05-16-2014, 05:43 PM
There is definitely a tendency I, and am sure, other Cap Moons have, of despising "baby-ish" behavior. However, for me, this means no patience for crying or emotional outbursts used in a calculating way to manipulate me emotionally. I simply turn off and can become very cold when I perceive that type of behavior from someone.

I have Cap Moon (nocturnal) and this statement I agree with the most so far. I really hate emotional manipulation, but I don't mind displays of emotions if they are genuine. My reaction is also to "turn cold" when that happens.

My mother is a very emotional woman (Mars/Moon conjunct in Virgo). When she is upset, she yells and has a fit, but that's mostly because she had a "loud" personality in general. Yet her anger is passing and once she is out with it she is done and back to her usual happy self. She never holds grudges or seeths for a long time at all, she simply yells to get out her frustration. So I was never afraid of her anger. I learned not to react to her when she was upset, which seems very Capricorn Moon, even if I found it childish. I would gather a sort of stillness and let her scream until she was blue, and then after she calmed down we'd work things out or talk about whatever was bothering her and she'd apologize for yelling and that would be that.

I learned how to be reserved partially from dealing with my mother's non-reserve (plus my own strong emotions and the destructiveness of them if not kept in check). It's like a switch goes on inside me when others become out of control emotionally, where I'll take charge of things or be the "rock" for them. I've read that this is a frequent manifestation of Cappy moon.

I have no problem showing affection. I hold hands with my friends and cuddle my boyfriend and hug my parents constantly. I love body contact. :D Lets not forget the physical side of Earth placements. I consider displays of affection to come from Venus more than Moon, so if you want to talk about how people show their love/affection look there, not at the Cap moon, imo... also the 5th house would hold a lot of clues to that as well I believe.

CuriousCat
05-16-2014, 06:08 PM
This whole thread is very interesting! I have a Cap moon, and feel mystified by everything I read about the coldness, aloofness, etc. I simply don't relate to any of that at all! I'm about as warm and fuzzy and they come!

Cap moon's determination and desire for progress is what does ring true for me. I am tenacious. Can be like a dog with a bone when I make up my mind that I want something. (Being a Libra sun...it's just making up my mind about which endeavor I am going to doggedly pursue!). :wink:

issajakes
05-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Well, i spent a good amount of time looking for this quote & finally!:

'...the behavioral patterns which seem to be concurrent with Saturn in the ninth house follow the usual path of constriction, overcompensation, disillusionment and pain, searching, and eventual inner realization and control.'

and in the process found this quote:

We hate in others what we unconsciously have living within us.'

Both of these are Liz Greene.

I happen to have my Saturn in the 9th but i also have my sun & Mercury in Cap, 6 planets in aspect to Saturn & my 5th house is in Cap.

So, the developmental stages of the first quote apply to me in many ways. When i read this it helped me feel compassion for mySelf. While one might experience the influences of Saturn/Capricorn as externally cold, this is the process that is going on within. The only word in the quote that i would change is the last one: control. I would say mastery. Mastery to me, as i said before, is not about conquering. Rather, through experience, one learns to be secure in one's individual identity while in symphonic tandem with the elements of one's environment. I would say a Cap moon (and i have also been deeply in love with such an individual) Needs to master their emotions in this way. Not control or conquer but to truly know them and therefore be at ease with them.

Saturn is that ogre that challenges us to bring our best to the fore in order to deal with him, our lives depend on our ability to do so. Yet as we do he is transformed into a benevolent spirit in that dark wood who helps travelers on their way.

Again, my as yet nascent opinion.

The Ram
05-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Traditionally, a key to understanding the Moon's location in Capricorn
is that traditionally for births during the daytime, the Moon has no dignity in Capricorn and is therefore peregrine

Those born at night time are fortunate to have their Moon in Triplicity which is at least some dignity - not much, but better than nothing, since the Moon is saved from being Peregrine :smile:

useful thread discusses Peregrine status of planets at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45152

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/im/dignities2.gif

Triplicity rulership doesnt just prevent peregrine status it actually nearly cancels out the debility altogether since a Cap moon at night has only a -1 debility.

ThunderGoddess
08-08-2014, 09:01 PM
I am a proud owner of Cap moon. I really love almost everything in my natal chart, but the Cap moon is probably the thing I like most about myself. In the next few lines I will try to tell you why is that.
The first myth about Capricorn moons which I see you have discussed is that people born under this unfience, are emotionless. No, they aren't. I see many people discussing planetary deability in one unappropriate and non-constructive (in my opinion) way - it's like the rulership/exaltation of the planet is always a good thing and detriment/ fall is always the bad thing, but we live in a Universe were there is no good or bad, there is just energy. Detriment actually represents the same energy like the rulership, but from different perspective. So, astrologically speaking, a Capricorn moon has the same qualities and quantities of energy which a Moon in Cancer has. It's just that we are psychologically programmed to use it in a different way and for different purposes.

Because Capricorn Moon is under the unfluence of Saturn I think everyone here will find understandable that everything a person with Moon in Capricorn does is motivated and has purpose behind it. That's why we look so emotionless because we don't just throw away emotional energy for nothing. I find that very helpful considering the fact that there are a lot of people living in some emotoional nightimares they made by themselves and they can't escape them because they threw so much energy in them. They allow to be humiliated and unappriciated because they can't cool down their emotions and go on with their life. That really "great" lifetime scenario hasn't happened to me, because it doesn't matter how much I love someone, I always consciously, but most of the time subconsciously, control the emotional flow and I can stop it in any time and just leave. I am not that kind of person who lets people use them and I don't think anyone with Moon in Capricon is, because when our patience is over (and we have a lot of patience) the emotional flow is just cut down. Some will say that this means we calculate everything and we use people, but it's not like that - I mean everyone wishes to give love and support to the right people and nobody likes when all the love they give isn't appriciated.
The bad side of this little trickery is when a Capricorn moon is upset, depressed or suppressed this emotional control is going too far which is like highway to health issues and psychological breakdown.

Another thing I notice about people with Moon in Capricorn is they show their feelings by deeds, not by words. I sometimes really wonder while looking at people - they talk so much about what something means to them, they cry so much about it, they react so intensivly about it, but when it comes to work which has to be done so they can get that thing, they just give up or don't to the necessary things. :unsure:

So yeah, you probably won't find a lot of people born under this moon sign who can give you shoulder to cry on, because for them crying in front of someone is overly dramatic, but they are that kind of people who will give you advice when you are in difficult situation or will do anything in their power to better your position.
I've been called heartless many, many times, even my own mother and my sister have used that word to describe me and my behaviour, but I just accept people's reactions and don't care a lot, because I know they are wrong. Since I accepted who I am and what I am, there are a lot of situations in my life where people who used to call me heartless have found the support they searched for so long from me.

Flapjacks
08-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Because Capricorn Moon is under the unfluence of Saturn I think everyone here will find understandable that everything a person with Moon in Capricorn does is motivated and has purpose behind it. That's why we look so emotionless because we don't just throw away emotional energy for nothing. I find that very helpful considering the fact that there are a lot of people living in some emotoional nightimares they made by themselves and they can't escape them because they threw so much energy in them. They allow to be humiliated and unappriciated because they can't cool down their emotions and go on with their life. That really "great" lifetime scenario hasn't happened to me, because it doesn't matter how much I love someone, I always consciously, but most of the time subconsciously, control the emotional flow and I can stop it in any time and just leave.

Very similar to how I think of Cap Moon that I just posted in the appreciation thread. It'd be great if you could contribute there as to bypass all the nasty comments in this thread. :smile:

So yeah, you probably won't find a lot of people born under this moon sign who can give you shoulder to cry on, because for them crying in front of someone is overly dramatic, but they are that kind of people who will give you advice when you are in difficult situation or will do anything in their power to better your position.

I have Cancer Sun opposed Cap Moon that makes a trine/sextile to Jupiter in Pisces, so this may be a little different for me. I find myself easily able to let people cry on my shoulder if they need to, but crying on theirs is hard. I don't think I've cried in front of someone since I was a kid. It's very hard to be vulnerable, because I feel like people won't accept that from me. But when others are vulnerable in front of me (partly because of this fear) I try to be very accepting of them.

piscesascendant
08-08-2014, 10:55 PM
I've been called heartless many, many times, even my own mother and my sister have used that word to describe me and my behaviour, but I just accept people's reactions and don't care a lot, because I know they are wrong. .

That should tell you something if you've been called that repeatedly, even by your own family.

ThunderGoddess
08-08-2014, 11:21 PM

That should tell you something if you've been called that repeatedly, even by your own family.

Yeah, it tells me it's much easier for people to use rude words and agression than to try to understand other people and the way they think and they live, but for me it doesn't matter because I am happy to be myself. :smile:

piscesascendant
08-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Yeah, it tells me it's much easier for people to use rude words and agression than to try to understand other people and the way they think and they live, but for me it doesn't matter because I am happy to be myself. :smile:

lol sounds like it.

Bunraku
08-09-2014, 07:28 AM
cap moon does not know nor feel why something is "the right thing" but they try to do these "right things" because it's traditionally indoctrinated in society and cap is very status quo. the problem of doing things without much belief/conviction in the actions on a philosophical and emotional level is there no higher connection and therefore, no internal rewards can be achieved.

This is true to the Cap Moon I knew. :lol:

She had everything else in Cap, her Saturn in Aries squaring her 4th house Cap Stellium. She tried to do the "right thing" by not cursing or getting into arguments with everyone. When I sat at her table, just kidding around, the people around her suddenly started attacking me and she just sat there and did nothing! I even went to her for support because one of the teachers was being a beeyootch to me, and she says I was wrong without knowing the whole story. Umm Ok... :andy: And she expects me to be around her ...because ... ?
She is so clingy too, probably got it from her sisters and keeps trying to cage me in and trying to keep me in one place.

ThunderGoddess
08-09-2014, 08:22 AM
cap moon does not know nor feel why something is "the right thing" but they try to do these "right things" because it's traditionally indoctrinated in society and cap is very status quo. the problem of doing things without much belief/conviction in the actions on a philosophical and emotional level is there no higher connection and therefore, no internal rewards can be achieved.

I know people with Cap moons who are not like that. I am not like that, too. Yeah, I always do the right thing, but not according to social criteria, I have my own criteria to decide which is right and which is not. When I am at my worst, I tend to underestimate the oppionion of other people.
Yeah, cap moon's oppinion usually is following the traditions and society's expectations but that's because cap moon can see the reason behind something to be the way it is.

moorz
05-28-2019, 11:39 PM

I just want to say I admire your patience. So many people were triggered by your initial post (that wasn't even that offensive to begin with) that it triggered me! loll

I'm a long time lurker of this forum but I decided now would be a good time to contribute. :biggrin:

In my opinion, Cap moons are VERY sensitive, arrogant and have a tendency to steam-roll people. So I agree that they are in-fact cold - I wouldn't say because they're emotionless tho but because they're emotionally...stupid.

Stupid as in low-emotional IQ, they often misinterpret things with an emotional context. i.e. THIS THREAD where it seems they also a major issue w/ defensiveness. :whistling:

david starling
05-29-2019, 08:24 AM
I know people with Cap moons who are not like that. I am not like that, too. Yeah, I always do the right thing, but not according to social criteria, I have my own criteria to decide which is right and which is not. When I am at my worst, I tend to underestimate the oppionion of other people.
Yeah, cap moon's oppinion usually is following the traditions and society's expectations but that's because cap moon can see the reason behind something to be the way it is.

Sounds like Cap Moon's are very aware of their own feelings as they relate to others. I have the (possibly wrong) impression that it's a gloomy placement.

DaniJade89
05-29-2019, 08:57 AM
I'm not a Cap Moon but my strongest aspect in my chart is Moon Square Saturn and I'm a Capricorn Ascendant. I've been told by all my exes and past friendships, post break up, that I was cold and emotionless. Totally not true at all, except that's how I move on is putting up a wall around my emotions. I'm the biggest sook there is deep down, tbh. Yet I'll never tell anyone.

I dated a Cap Moon once. We both thought the other was cold and detached, which is obviously far from the truth. I think Capricorns are very aware of how they come across, how they behave. When it's the moon, then they're aware of how they should feel. We don't want to look dumb, weak or lose our power. Pride is our biggest downfall.

moorz
05-29-2019, 11:11 AM
I dated a Cap Moon once. We both thought the other was cold and detached, which is obviously far from the truth. I think Capricorns are very aware of how they come across, how they behave. When it's the moon, then they're aware of how they should feel. We don't want to look dumb, weak or lose our power. Pride is our biggest downfall.

Good looks on the honesty!

katydid
05-30-2019, 08:39 AM
I have my Moon in Cap in the 8th house. I am not cold and detached---unless I want to be. :wink:

CrankyCap
06-26-2019, 11:10 PM
I think the OP is arguing for the sake of arguing... but if you want my piece of it (as another Cap moon), everyone has flaws, it's humane and makes us much more approachable than being perfect. We Caps don't like being insecure about ourselves but it's better doubt youself a bit than being over-confident and arrogant (been there too). It takes work to find balance, and even if you do, you can lose it any day out of some **** mishap.

Tell me Piscesasc, do you have any flaws that you might have to work on?

moorz
06-27-2019, 08:25 PM
I think the OP is arguing for the sake of arguing... but if you want my piece of it (as another Cap moon), everyone has flaws, it's humane and makes us much more approachable than being perfect. We Caps don't like being insecure about ourselves but it's better doubt youself a bit than being over-confident and arrogant (been there too). It takes work to find balance, and even if you do, you can lose it any day out of some **** mishap.

Tell me Piscesasc, do you have any flaws that you might have to work on?

What is your problem? The OP just asked a simple question and kept it civil throughout - so why are you attacking him/her in such a petty manner?

I'm starting to think the OP might be on to something about Cap moons after all...

david starling
06-27-2019, 08:43 PM
What is your problem? The OP just asked a simple question and kept it civil throughout - so why are you attacking him/her in such a petty manner?

I'm starting to think the OP might be on to something about Cap moons after all...

Moon in Caps are "fault-finders", their own and everyone else's. They're not "blamers" though. Similar to Sun Virgos.

moorz
06-27-2019, 09:22 PM
Moon in Caps are "fault-finders", their own and everyone else's. They're not "blamers" though. Similar to Sun Virgos.
Regardless they can be held accountable like any other person?
I often find Cap moons to have this *weird nasty streak.

It's weird because it seems to come out of nowhere, and gives you an ugly glimpse of who they really are.

CrankyCap
06-27-2019, 09:27 PM

I'm not attacking them. Just saying how I see it. If I took your approach and used it to analyze the OP's attitude, I could also say they're the one attacking Cap moons. :p

Anyway, if they have bad experiences about Cap moons, they have every right to ask and vent. I also provided my views on it.

moorz
06-27-2019, 09:41 PM
I'm not attacking them. Just saying how I see it. If I took your approach and used it to analyze the OP's attitude, I could also say they're the one attacking Cap moons. :p

Anyway, if they have bad experiences about Cap moons, they have every right to ask and vent. I also provided my views on it.

Nah

You're projecting and deflecting responsibility once you got called out. :rightful:

One thing this thread and responses have shown me though, is how sensitive cap moons tend to be. (internally)

david starling
06-27-2019, 09:44 PM
Regardless they can be held accountable like any other person?
I often find Cap moons to have this *weird nasty streak.

It's weird because it seems to come out of nowhere, and gives you an ugly glimpse of who they really are.

Actually, it seems weird because it runs counter to who they really are. Otherwise, it would be their normal behavior.

CrankyCap
06-27-2019, 09:50 PM
Nah

You're projecting and deflecting responsibility once you got called out. :rightful:

One thing this thread and responses have shown me though, is how sensitive cap moons tend to be. (internally)
Nope. I stated an opinion, you can of course tell me where exactly I'm attacking the OP in "petty manner", instead of telling them that just because s/he seems flaws in us doesn't make them flawless, thus I advised to look into the mirror too. I take responsibility of stating an opinion, but not attacking the OP in petty manner, as attack was not intended. You might want to clarify your own motives tho.

We may also continue the conversation through PM as I feel this thread is getting sidetracked from the OP's wish to keep it to the topic.

david starling
06-27-2019, 10:24 PM
Nope. I stated an opinion, you can of course tell me where exactly I'm attacking the OP in "petty manner", instead of telling them that just because s/he seems flaws in us doesn't make them flawless, thus I advised to look into the mirror too. I take responsibility of stating an opinion, but not attacking the OP in petty manner, as attack was not intended. You might want to clarify your own motives tho.

We may also continue the conversation through PM as I feel this thread is getting sidetracked from the OP's wish to keep it to the topic.

Hey, nobody's perfect! :biggrin:

passiflora
06-27-2019, 10:33 PM
Other positions and aspects aside, how do you cheer or make laugh a Capricorn moon?

katydid
06-28-2019, 04:14 AM
Capricorn Moons are natural comedians. Many of the most famous and iconic comics have heavy Capricorn influences.

Cap Moons have great senses of humour. I am married to a comedy writer and we have endured 37 years of marriage because we laugh a lot.

Leo11
07-23-2019, 01:23 PM
I have a Capricorn moon.

Family and close friends know I'm very caring and affectionate. With other people I seem to appear cold and harsh. It seems to be difficult with a Capricorn moon to express my feelings. I find it frustrating.