Lunar Nodes in question

Catatonia

So, let's say you meet someone with their North Node conjunct your South Node and vice versa. Now, the rest of the chart is perfect (coincidently, you two are VERY alike and compatible placement-wise), BUT the only aspect that halts the situation is this nodal thing.

What are the pros and cons of being in ANY kind of relationship (especially romantic) with someone whose North Node conjuncts your South Node?

Catatonia

SolarSiren

Cat~

Why would that be a bad thing?
Where did you learn that? Just curious, I don't know I've just never read it anywhere.
Sounds like a shhweeeet connection to me ! :D

Like each others past learnings perfectly aid the other in their souls development.

Catatonia

SolarSiren said:
Cat~

Why would that be a bad thing?
Where did you learn that? Just curious, I don't know I've just never read it anywhere.
Sounds like a shhweeeet connection to me ! :D

Like each others past learnings perfectly aid the other in their souls development.

Seriously, I think of it the same way. Some people say that the South Node holds you back from having you achieve goals of the present lifetime, but I'm personally indifferent towards the statement. The Snake Pit (South Node) is only as good as the Dragon's Fire Breathing Head (North Node). Aha! :p I find it that two can fall back on one another.

Cat

Neptune Rising

Hi,

I think its neither good or bad, just life experience. My ex and I had this synastry, I think we had some great and memorable times together, and a magical holiday! That relationship changed me for the better and we are still friends today. We used to work in the same office. :D

I have read somewhere that you two know exactly where the other is coming from. You have already mastered the lessons the other has to master in this life.

I also read these types of syastry push you towards learning the north node lessons you need to learn in this life - like how to use your north node qualities.

Neptune

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Hi Joanna,

Sun opposes True/North Node - conjuncts South Node. I also have this in composite with a guy I'm in a semi-relationship with.

What makes you think that aspect in itself means failure in the relationship? You do have to look at the other aspects, but I have read good things about it in John Townley's book on 'Composite Charts'.

This composite is in relation to the relationship itself, your synastry together may have different aspects. But... it seems to be a good aspect to have in composite, like you are being rewarded for something good you have done in the past. That aspect seems to be one that will send luck your way, but luck you have no conscious control over. The book says to enjoy the relationship for what it is, and enjoy it for however long it lasts.

I don't know how long my South Node conjunct Sun (amongst other planets:D ) relationship will last but I'm just going to enjoy the good times we have together so I can remember them when I'm older with fondness. :)

Neptune

Thank you very much for your encouraging answer!
maybe i secretly want to find a escuse to abandon this relationship wich is frighten me a lot. Lots of pluto in synastry (my pluto conjunct his venus, sun, my asc conjunct his venus and sun, his chiron conjunct my mars, etc..).
But maybe because in house overlays is pluto/moon conjunction and also mars falls in my 12th and, on the other hand, i'm a natal pluto/asc person in virgo, the intensity of it all is begining to chalenge my sense of emotional control in relationships.
Its a very btf relationship, at least from my point of view, but somehow i feel that is going nowhere, because i seem not to control my feelings anymore and just want a excuse for runing away from it out of fear of desapointment.
Sorry to be so extense and i would like to show the charts but as i'm new around i haven't figured how to do it.

me 2 may 71, 4 pm, Lisbon, Portugal
him 14 sept 55, 12h30m pm, Paris, france

Thank you, again, wish you all the best!

Neptune Rising

Joanna Doe said:
maybe i secretly want to find a escuse to abandon this relationship wich is frighten me a lot. Lots of pluto in synastry (my pluto conjunct his venus, sun, my asc conjunct his venus and sun, his chiron conjunct my mars, etc..)

But maybe because in house overlays is pluto/moon conjunction and also mars falls in my 12th and, on the other hand, i'm a natal pluto/asc person in virgo, the intensity of it all is begining to chalenge my sense of emotional control in relationships.

A great guy I know has Pluto in Virgo conjunct his Ascendant, also a Taurus!

His Sun is conjunct your ascendant, that seems to bring a lot of positivity to your conection with each other, lots of fun, playfulness, bring out the best sides of yourselves. Sounds intense with Pluto/Venus.

I have found, Pluto/Sun conjunctions in synastry have improved me as a person somehow. Very intense, whether involved romantically or not, but transformative. I have sometimes thought, would I have developed as much as I have if I had never met this person.

With my Sun/South Node conjunction relationship, I thought about running away from it last year, for the same reasons - I had absolutely no control over it. His Pluto opposite my Moon, Chiron conjunct my Moon amongst other intense aspects. I feared the worst. But by just letting go of my need for control, I found myself still semi with this guy but learning so much about myself as a result. I still have issues with control that come up now and again, but it is more relaxed. It has taught me alot about my control issues. :)

Neptune

thank you again for your reply!
I sense that you understand my dilema.lol
The truth is i'm not in such a mood for smiling, unfortunatley, too worried.
i think maybe is my mercury opposition his neptune that never lets me see things as clearly i would like, plus his pluto/moon/mars in my house of fears, the 12th. Well, something must explain why i'm so insecure in all this, its like a inner voice saying me not to go so far in that road!
But, on the other hand, maybe you are quite right, and is also a problem of handeling issues of power within relationships with maturaty, but i'm also a venus opposition uranus person and leo moon (he his also leo moon, by the way), so as you can imagine patience is defenatively not my forte.
So maybe the all point of transiting pluto squaring my natal pluto in 1st house is to learn handle issues of control, power, inner strenght, by chalenging your notion of power over circunmstances.
All i can say is that, right now, is quite unbalancing and simply don't know what to do, absolutely no clue.
Thank you very much for being kind enough to reply.
maybe i could learn something for you and enjoy my half relationship while it last!
Best wishes, Neptune!

Draco

Just my stream of thought, but one person's North conjoining another person's South Node, creates a sort of loop of infinity.

Your future is conjoined with their past, your destiny with their fate, where you are going with where they are coming from.

This is powerful.

It reminds me of a magnetic connection, a positive charge meets a negative one.

That's probably the way in which I'd describe it, 'magnetism'.

Observe the dispositor of the nodal conjunction in each chart, and the way in which they may or may not aspect or recieve each other.

Neptune Rising

Joanna Doe said:
So maybe the all point of transiting pluto squaring my natal pluto in 1st house is to learn handle issues of control, power, inner strenght, by chalenging your notion of power over circunmstances.

I;m glad I can help!

You also have Juno 3 degrees away from Pluto/Virgo in composite. This, I think, can bring about power issues in the relationship. But as Pluto is about transformation, and you are aware of the power issues, this could bring about a transformation of the way you view power in relationships.

Sorry I can;t tell you more about the other aspects, I'm still learning! :)

Neptune

thanks again for your reply although i must admit i have absolutely no clue about the influence of juno and must confess also that since we are stiill far for fully sharing our lives i think maybe the composite chart is a little bit premature.
At this stage synastry comparison seems more reliable, don't you agree?
You made me feel welcome in this forum in spite of my ignorance and i thank you for that!
I hope we can exchange ideas more often!
Joanna

Neptune Rising

Your more than welcome!

I agree with you, thinking about it now. I guess composite is for if you have a relationship established. The synastry shows the play between you both.

I have composite Juno conjunct Ceres in the 5th house with a long time friend I have. This seems to suggest we could get married (an aspect of Juno) and have children, which is the Ceres. But we haven't formed that type of relationship (yet??!:D ), the aspect hasn't manifested.

Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Neptune