Lack of hard aspects

holly

There are no hard aspects between my inner planets (Sun through to Saturn). I have heard that a lack of hard aspects can produce laziness and wasted talents.

The only hard aspects in my chart come from outer planets and angles.

Is this a particularly bad thing? Is this at all common? How should I interpret this?

Lissa

Yes,it's true that a lack of hard aspects can produce much laziness and wastage of talent.I guess a predominance of easy aspects in a chart would make a person take things for granted and just sit around and do nothing much of the time.

You didn't make it clear if the outer planets make hard aspects to the inner planets.Aspects from outer planets to the inner planets are just as important as aspects between the inner planets.I'd say aspects between the outer planets are less important for us as individuals,cause they can affect an entire generation,altough everyone will live the same aspect in a different way.Not having hard aspect among the inner planets can be good-I'm thinking it would be so nice not to have your ego(Sun)challenging your emotions(Moon),your rational mind(Mercury)not being at odds with your sense of beauty(Venus)!

You didn't post your chart,and I'm not a professional astrologer,so I can't really help you more with this.But I think you have nothing to worry about-angles are a valid part of your birth chart.If you have hard aspects between your inner/outer planets and your angles,then you probably have the necessary conflict to balance your easy aspects.

Anyway,keep in mind that not all conjunctions are considered good,and that not all astrologers consider conjunctions to be an easy aspect(I don't know if you have any conjunction in your birth chart).I also don't know if you have sextiles in your birth chart,but sextiles only release their energy when there is the opportunity to do so;they require some effort to release their potencial.If you have sextiles in your chart,and hard aspects featuring the angles,then,you probably have the drive to put those sextiles into practise(altough I can't really say anything cause I haven't seen your chart).

All the best
Lissa

franklin taylor

Hi Holly,
I haven't looked at your chart, but speaking for myself, as a person with as many trines as anyone I have ever seen, I can tell you it can be made null and void if you have any significant "hard aspects" to your luminaries. Be they Outer, Bridging , or Inner planets. You still have the luck, but you can't enjoy it fully. Often... it("luck") is confounded and costly. The Sun and Moon are too powerful in our lives, and if you never heal from their bad aspects, you will not progress far in your psyche, especially if they are the only significant aspects to your luminaries. Luminaries influence mostly our inner self and our emotions.They are the hardest to heal from because they literally hit you in the "inner gut or nerve" of yourself. If they are not in balance the whole sheet of life needs rearranging....but its a little late for that now ..your born already LOL. Just do what we can to heal the challenges, and keep a "chin up" attitude is all. Trines often bring a knack for succeeding in most things that you seriously undertake, and also the boredom with those "things" in a quick manner. Also a subconcious urge to take on more. I worked mentally and physically....(Venus,Mercury,Mars, and Jupiter all conjunct in the 6th) myself into sickness, lets put it that way, I am not a lazy one LOL.
Take care.
Franklin

Claire19

I agree that not all conjunctions are easy aspects, there is often a combination of energies which cannot be reconciled, only managed at best.
Post your chart and we will see what may be deemed as challenging. It is rare that one has no hard placements.

Those with trines for instance predominanting have earned those in the past is my belief and may have chosen an easier ride this time with not much more progress. However we have eternity and we all need to face challenges. You may well be an advanced soul in many ways.:)

Claire

lilllybelle

I youst to work for a lady that only had trines and sextiles in her chart. She had been married to the same man for twenty something years and had worked for the same company for twenty something years. I often contemplated the nature of this lady. How do you work in the same place, live in the same place and stay married to the same person for that long? It seemed like quite an accomplishment to me. She was also quite attractive. I often thought she could of done more career wise and made more money because she had some really great skills, like sales and people skills, that she never put to use. She was more focused on her family. Her life wasn't perfect though. She got drama started on occasion, she had a rough child hood with an alcoholic father and she sometimes cheated on her husband. Still the consistency of life had made her stick out to me.

Last edited:

holly

Thanks for the replies, and words of encouragement. I guess having all those easy aspects might not be so bad considering most of my personal planets are in debility. At least they don't have to fight with each other too!

Not including angles, I have 4 squares (all outer planet to inner planet).
- Uranus Square Venus/Mars
- Pluto Square Sun
and
- Pluto Square Jupiter

I have no Oppositions between planets (either inner or outer), just planets to angles/Node/Chiron.

If you count the Angles, Nodes and Chiron, there are a lot more Squares and Oppositions in my chart, but somehow those didn't seem that important to me - certainly not as important as the planets. However maybe there is something to be said for having only those forming hard aspects in the chart?

I have attached my chart. Any comments are more than welcome! :)

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
easy? to Holly

Holly,

If a chart has only easy aspects to MOST of the planets in the chart, then it is an "easy" chart. However, there are SOME aspects that ALONE can make a chart challenging. One of these is Uranus (friends, also rebellion, restructuring) square (energy needs to be combined with) Mars (being, also anger), which can create situations of angry rebellion in a person's life. The challenge is to restructure your anger in your life.

Neptune (spirituality, also confusion, deception) conjunct (energy is combined with) your Descendant (others) can indicate being confused/deceived by others around you. The challenge is to "feel out" when people might be scamming you in some way.

So you do have some hard aspects and some challenges in your chart (and life)...which you probably already knew! ;)

Challenging,

Tim

holly

Re: easy? to Holly

It's interesting that these aspects are significant, because I don't think I actually experience 'anger'. I'm not an angry person, perhaps because I know that anger is a mask for hurt or another emotion. When I feel hard done by, I tend to sulk, cry, whine, pout, etc. Others have described their feelings of anger to me, and I don't identify with their experiences at all.

I always assumed my lack of anger was Mars' inability to express itself, due to being submerged in a water sign! I will have to ponder this "angry rebellion" and see where it fits into my life. Maybe my "anger" is being channelled out in directions I don't recognise as being a typical expression of anger.

The Neptune aspect is completely accurate.

The more I study my chart and the more I learn about it, the more I appreciate it's uniqueness and realise there are some very special things in it. The lack of personal planet aspects is just another interesting peice of my puzzle.

Thanks as always.

Sag Moon

Re: easy? to Holly

Uranus sq. Mars
Sun sq. Pluto

You are by no means unafflicted as that Ur-Mr will give you challenges.
In Relationships sn-pl will be challenging.

How much do you want from life.Feel lucky!

The configurations like the perect pentagon a series of sextiles can either work brilliance or or real messed up personality like the guy that said he raped and killed the ramsey kid.

It is also where these planet configurations are placed that is the question.You could have a great grand kite,but if it is off because of planetary alignment(ENERGIES) or house placement you could be a serial killer.

You have enough to deal with by what I see as a servent to a cause etc..

BTW-Inner Planets usually have to do with personality traits! Ihave planty of 45Deg. aspects with them u can have if you like,LOL!

Last edited:

Claire19

45 degrees is a semi square and only a minor influence or irritation so dont stress about those. I dont even use them.

Claire

Sag Moon

45Deg. aspects do matter especially when they are part of a bigger picture IMO.

For those where they have "Finger of the World" formations like myself.

Timothy Leary and Ram Das are 2 that come to mind including myself.

There are other examples.

It might be good to read Dane Rudyars books on aspects. I think if he were here he'd disagree.

Hey, but whatever works for you!