Why do these two charts look different if it's of the same person?

Elizaleen

I acquired these two charts from astro.com and noticed that these two charts have some difference between each other, but how is this possible if these charts are of the same person? Why does the first chart not have lines going to/from the Midheaven while the second one those? As well, why are green dotted lines included in the first chart but not in the second? Also, what do the different colored lines signify? Does each colored line represent something different? Guidance to a reliable website where I can get some of these questions answered, is welcomed as well. Thanks in advance. :)

Chart drawing, Ascendant:
GNatalChart.jpg

AstroClick Portrait:
GAstroClick.jpg

Last edited:

Catatonia

The charts are absolutely identical, indeed. The thing at fault here is Astrodienst itself. Once you get to learn astrology more, you'll understand what a T-square is. A T-square forms when 3 planets or points of the same quality (either cardinal, mutable, or fixed) aspect eachother in a triangle. This is where we get the name 'T-square'. Because they aspect one another and are of the same quality, their aspect is called the Square, and it isn't a friendly aspect. If you look closely, the Scorpio ascendant is square the Leo Midheaven which is also square the Taurus Mercury. They are all of different elements, but share a common quality (The Fixed signs Scorpio, Taurus, Leo, and Aquarius).

;) lines don't mean much as long as you know the aspect exists. ;)

Catatonia

Last edited:

Elizaleen

Thanks Catatonia. So a red line is the same thing as a blue line or a green-dotted line? Also, this chart looks like it has a yod as well, am I right? Does having a yod & T-square equal difficulties in life?

Last edited:

Catatonia

Elizaleen said:
So a red line is the same thing as a blue line or a green-dotted line?

Nope. They all mean different things. The blue lines are positive and are symbolism of the 'trine' and 'sextile' aspect. The green lines are 'inconjuncts' or 'quincunxes' and they form what we call a 'yod'. The red lines are negative and either 'squares' or 'oppositions'. Other red lines are 'conjunctions' and they form combined energy between two planets or points, signifying some sort of united force. These are powerful and have the potential to be either good or bad.

Catatonia

Catatonia

If you want to know the definitions of these aspects and their potential, you'll just have to take yourself to a search engine and/or a book store and look 'em up. ;)

Cat

Arian Maverick

If you wish for the first chart to look more similar to the second, you can also click the box next to aspect lines to all under Additional objects in the Extended Chart Selection of Astrodienst ;)

Also, this chart looks like it has a yod as well, am I right? Does having a yod & T-shape equal difficulties in life?

This chart has two yods, which I discussed in your synastry thread Insight about partner & I would be appreciated. Here is an excerpt of my post:

By the way, your significant other appears to have quite an interesting natal chart with Saturn tightly conjunct the Ascendant and two yod configurations--one consists of his twelfth house Pluto in Libra (critical degree) sextile second house Neptune in Capricorn (zero degree) both inconjunct his exalted seventh house Taurus Moon, and the other involves his twelfth Saturn in Scorpio tightly conjunct the Ascendant (thus considered by many astrologers to actually be in the first house) sextile his third house Jupiter in Capricorn, both inconjunct his seventh house Gemini Sun, which is conjunct the eighth house cusp and thus considered by many astrologers to actually be in the eighth house.

NOTE: Both the Pluto-Neptune sextile and the Neptune-Moon quincunx are disassociate aspect, which not all astrologers consider to form configurations. However, the orbs do seem rather tight.

And yes, I can attest to the difficulty of both square aspects and yod configurations; I have two in my natal chart as well. You may wish to visit some past threads about this, especially The Yod of God and The Yod. You can use the search feature to locate others threads that may be of interest, as well.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Catatonia

I have two yods as well. Who doesn't have difficulties in life? Sheesh. I also have a Grand Cross in my chart. Those 'difficulties' and tension help you grow! :D

Catatonia

Claire19

Two charts may vary in looks if you dont request the aspect grid lines for instance at one site and the other site automatically puts them on.

Astrodienst gives you many choices about the sort of chart you want and you need to check the boxes. It is the best website for charts in my opinion.

Claire