PDA

View Full Version : Scoring Mixed Receptions

Rebel Uranian
12-03-2011, 04:21 PM
How much do mixed receptions score? By mixed receptions I don't just mean domicile and exaltation, I mean all types of mixed receptions.

domicile and exaltation (duh)
domicile and terms/face/triplicity
exaltation and terms/face/triplicity
terms/face/triplicity with a different terms/face/triplicity dignity

Rebel Uranian
12-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Does triplicity only count for triplicity rulers or planets that are domiciled in a sign of the triplicity: basically, is Jupiter in Scorpio in triplicity?

JUPITERASC
12-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Does triplicity only count for triplicity rulers or planets that are domiciled in a sign of the triplicity: basically, is Jupiter in Scorpio in triplicity? Scorpio is the Triplicity of Mars so no Jupiter in Scorpio is not in Triplicity. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html :smile:

Rebel Uranian
12-03-2011, 07:19 PM
OK. I thought so. What about the actual scoring numbers of the aforementioned reception types?

Edit: We can just move this to the thread titled "Scoring My Chart," which is where I'm analyzing scoring on my chart (duh.)

Anachiel
12-04-2011, 12:17 AM
As far as I know, only Rule and Exaltation by mixed reception is scored. The other dignities, triplicity, term and face are too weak to be scored when mixed.

For example: If you have Mars in Libra and Venus in Capricorn; Mars gets the 4 points for the exaltation and Venus the 5 points for the Rulership.

However, when Mars in Libra and Venus at 28 degrees of Leo, then there is only a mutual reception here since Venus is in both the terms and face of Mars. However, for scoring, only Venus gets the 5 for rulership. Mars does not get term and face scoring probably because it takes two weaker dignities to create any type of reception here to begin with.

Blessings,

Anachiel

JUPITERASC
12-04-2011, 12:51 AM
a very useful thread posted in 2009 discusses mixed receptions http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16586 :smile:
Here's the beginning of it

Did you know that Reception can occur in an Orgy? For example, as I write this we have (the):

1. Moon in Cancer
2. Mercury in Taurus
3. Jupiter in Aquarius

This 3 way Reception occurs strictly by Exaltation, as the Moon is pleased in Taurus; Mercury is pleased in Aquarius and Jupiter is pleased in Cancer. This, as stated, can also occur with even more planets added to the party. For example, I have a client born 7-31-82 @ 01:05:00 in Buffalo, NY. In his chart you will see he has (the):

1. Moon in Sagittarius
2. Venus in Cancer
3. Mars in Libra
4. Jupiter in Scorpio

This 4 way Reception occurs strictly by Domicile, as the Moon is home in Cancer; Venus is home in Libra; Mars is home in Scorpio; Jupiter is home in Sagittarius.

If planets are in Aspect to each other, they are likely to be the most active of the bunch. It is said by Medieval astrologers that in order for a Reception to occur at all, the planets MUST be in aspect to each other. That was the whole deal. And so Jupiter in Capricorn and Saturn in Sagittarius would not be considered in Mutual Reception, because they are adjacent signs, and adjacent signs do not aspect one another. Instead, this was known as Generosity, a form of Reception, but not quite as powerful. Nevertheless, it is quite active, I am sure. I have found that Reception or Generosity between more than 2 planets/signs is indeed an extremely fortunate occurrence, especially when none of the planets are in their Fall or Detriment, and that they form aspects to each other, and are present on any of the 4 Angles.

The Multiple Reception indicates that many different facets of life fused together, and able to exchange "words" amongst themselves as to the proper course of action. Instead of words, we can use the classical term Rays. This Reception likely indicates some laziness, similar to that of a Grand Trine, which is an Aspect Pattern.

Rebel Uranian
12-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Mars does not get term and face scoring probably because it takes two weaker dignities to create any type of reception here to begin with.

Why? Wouldn't it just get the lower score associated with a weaker dignity when mixed?

This 3 way Reception occurs strictly by Exaltation, as the Moon is pleased in Taurus; Mercury is pleased in Aquarius and Jupiter is pleased in Cancer. This, as stated, can also occur with even more planets added to the party. For example, I have a client born 7-31-82 @ 01:05:00 in Buffalo, NY. In his chart you will see he has (the):

I thought it was Virgo...

JUPITERASC
12-04-2011, 02:00 AM
a very useful thread posted in 2009 discusses mixed receptions http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16586 :smile:

Did you know that Reception can occur in an Orgy? For example, as I write this we have (the):

1. Moon in Cancer
2. Mercury in Taurus
3. Jupiter in Aquarius

This 3 way Reception occurs strictly by Exaltation, as the Moon is pleased in Taurus; Mercury is pleased in Aquarius and Jupiter is pleased in Cancer.
I thought it was Virgo...
Rebel Uranian, As I said I quoted from the thread at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16586 which was originally posted by Joseph Ledzion so refer to Joseph Ledzion for an explanation.

According to skyscript Mercury is the Night Triplicity Ruler of Aquarius ... but Triplicity is very different from Exaltation so could be interesting to ask Joseph Ledzion which dignities he is using - there are a number of different versions of dignities and debilities that differ from the skyscript version given at this link - http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html and Joseph Ledzion may well be using a more ancient set of dignities :smile:

Anachiel
12-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Why? Wouldn't it just get the lower score associated with a weaker dignity when mixed?

Nope. They are not strong enough to confer that as would a rulership or exaltation in assisting with essential dignity scoring.

Rebel Uranian
12-04-2011, 02:01 PM
May you explain? JUPITERASC seemed to imply triplicity could be mixed...

JUPITERASC
12-04-2011, 02:53 PM
May you explain? JUPITERASC seemed to imply triplicity could be mixed...
Rebel Uranian what do you mean by "triplicity could be mixed" and could you quote verbatim what you think I implied? Thanks :smile:

Rebel Uranian
12-04-2011, 03:21 PM
According to skyscript Mercury is the Night Triplicity Ruler of Aquarius ... but Triplicity is very different from Exaltation

After that one guy said that "Mercury is pleased in Aquarius" and you said that it is in triplicity in Aquarius, I thought that could possibly mean that yes, the reception does happen. Would it happen? Or would there have to be another dignity there that has to be added?

Can you mix term and face dignities? One is twice the other, so probably no...

How many receptions does Saturn have anyways on my chart? I'm thinking a lot but I can't figure out what counts as one reception...

JUPITERASC
12-04-2011, 03:36 PM
After that one guy said that "Mercury is pleased in Aquarius" and you said that it is in triplicity in Aquarius, I thought that could possibly mean that yes, the reception does happen. Would it happen? Or would there have to be another dignity there that has to be added?

Can you mix term and face dignities? One is twice the other, so probably no...

How many receptions does Saturn have anyways on my chart? I'm thinking a lot but I can't figure out what counts as one reception...
Joseph Ledzion refers to as a 3 way reception that apparently occurs strictly by Exaltation
This 3 way Reception occurs strictly by Exaltation, as the Moon is pleased in Taurus; Mercury is pleased in Aquarius and Jupiter is pleased in Cancer.
The words "strictly by Exaltation" would mean that the Reception cannot occur in any other way though - which would mean that if Aquarius is not the Exaltation of Mercury then the 3 way Reception would not apply - at least not according to the dignities used by Joseph Ledzion. :smile:

Rebel Uranian
12-04-2011, 03:43 PM
I know he said "strictly by exaltation," but the "at least not according to the dignities used by Joseph Ledzion" sort of implies that it could happen by other dignities and that's what I was asking.

JUPITERASC
12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I know he said "strictly by exaltation," but the "at least not according to the dignities used by Joseph Ledzion" sort of implies that it could happen by other dignities and that's what I was asking.
I would assume Rebel Uranian that Joseph Ledzion must know what these other dignities are :smile:

maicolzen
12-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi to everyone, I have mercury in capricorn trining 1 mars in virgo, domicile-exaltation or exaltation-exaltation, I would like to hear a opinion about this aspect, what good things can give to the person, im a gemini rising, so mercury rules my 1st, 4th and mars my 6th and 11th ty :smile:

Rebel Uranian
12-08-2011, 12:18 AM
I'd have to see the chart. I say that technically you have 2 receptions, although you only give the Mercury a +9 and Mars +4 once for said receptions.

maicolzen
12-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Hi Rebel Uranian, here is my chart:

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae121/maicolzen/astro_2at_01_leonel1205519662.gif

I will be very apreciatted if you analize it!
thank you :biggrin:

MSO
12-08-2011, 02:56 AM

1. Moon in Cancer
2. Mercury in Taurus
3. Jupiter in Aquarius

1. Moon in Sagittarius
2. Venus in Cancer
3. Mars in Libra
4. Jupiter in Scorpio

This 4 way Reception occurs strictly by Domicile, as the Moon is home in Cancer; Venus is home in Libra; Mars is home in Scorpio; Jupiter is home in Sagittarius.

If planets are in Aspect to each other, they are likely to be the most active of the bunch. It is said by Medieval astrologers that in order for a Reception to occur at all, the planets MUST be in aspect to each other. That was the whole deal. And so Jupiter in Capricorn and Saturn in Sagittarius would not be considered in Mutual Reception, because they are adjacent signs, and adjacent signs do not aspect one another. Instead, this was known as Generosity, a form of Reception, but not quite as powerful. Nevertheless, it is quite active, I am sure. I have found that Reception or Generosity between more than 2 planets/signs is indeed an extremely fortunate occurrence, especially when none of the planets are in their Fall or Detriment, and that they form aspects to each other, and are present on any of the 4 Angles.

The Multiple Reception indicates that many different facets of life fused together, and able to exchange "words" amongst themselves as to the proper course of action. Instead of words, we can use the classical term Rays. This Reception likely indicates some laziness, similar to that of a Grand Trine, which is an Aspect Pattern.

Can you give sources for this?

JUPITERASC
12-08-2011, 03:09 AM
Can you give sources for this?

MSO in the event anyone needed the source, I posted a link to the source from which I obtained the information. So when one clicks on that link one then finds the source from which I obtained the information, which is the following post from Joseph Ledzion (presumably ask Joseph Ledzion then regarding the original source of the information):smile:

05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/image.php?u=6299&dateline=1260835784 (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/member.php?u=6299) Joseph Ledzion (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/member.php?u=6299) http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/images/futura/statusicon/user_offline.gif

Reception in an Orgy, Etc.
Did you know that Reception can occur in an Orgy?

For example, as I write this we have (the):

1. Moon in Cancer
2. Mercury in Taurus
3. Jupiter in Aquarius

This, as stated, can also occur with even more planets added to the party.

For example, I have a client born 7-31-82 @ 01:05:00 in Buffalo, NY. In his chart you will see he has (the):

1. Moon in Sagittarius
2. Venus in Cancer
3. Mars in Libra
4. Jupiter in Scorpio

If planets are in Aspect to each other, they are likely to be the most active of the bunch. It is said by Medieval astrologers that in order for a Reception to occur at all, the planets MUST be in aspect to each other. That was the whole deal. And so Jupiter in Capricorn and Saturn in Sagittarius would not be considered in Mutual Reception, because they are adjacent signs, and adjacent signs do not aspect one another. Instead, this was known as Generosity, a form of Reception, but not quite as powerful. Nevertheless, it is quite active, I am sure.

I have found that Reception or Generosity between more than 2 planets/signs is indeed an extremely fortunate occurrence, especially when none of the planets are in their Fall or Detriment, and that they form aspects to each other, and are present on any of the 4 Angles.

This concept of Multiple Reception is particularly important, because in certain various horoscopy, especially horary, Reception by orgy may give amnesty to certain Significators who were otherwise thought to be peregrine.

It takes either a good software program or a great eye to spot these occurrences, and I for one, wear glasses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, since we are so close to the topic -- let us address the concept of "Mixed Reception." This is when one Planet finds Reception by visiting an Exaltation of another, and in turn that Planet finds Reception by visiting the Domicile of the Planet to whom he is receiving by Exaltation. The term "mixing" of course comes from mixing Domicile and Exaltation. William Lilly noted this in Christian Astrology.

Our example is from my own natal chart, where we see (the):

1. Moon in Scorpio
2. Mars in Taurus

This 2 way Reception occurs by "Mixed Reception," as the Moon is Exalted in Taurus where he is pleased; Mars is in his Domicile in Scorpio, where he is at home.

This is not as powerful as Reception by purely Exaltation or Domicile, yet it is nevertheless quite strong.

Remarkably in my instance, the Reception between these two planets is considerably valid, because there are two other forms of Reception occurring, for a total of three ways they receive each other.

The other two are: Reception by Triplicity and Reception by Face. This is using the Chaldean order of the planets.

Because Mars is on an Angle, and because these two Planets are in Aspect (by Opposition, applying 9*), there is an extremely potent exchange of courage and steadiness, although as one would expect, it took many years to settle into this more stable pattern than what is normally encouraged by any Moon-Mars Opposition.

This is because the Final Dispositer of the chart has the last word in the life of the native. The Mars-Moon Opposition was active in its aggressive, rash behavior early in my life; later things came to settle in their Dispositorships, as does a Moon in Taurus emotionally, and a Mars in Scorpio energetically.

Questions? Comments? Feedback?

Joseph
Last edited by Joseph Ledzion; 05-28-2009 at 08:04 AM.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/images/futura/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=140780)

dr. farr
12-08-2011, 04:00 AM
In scoring, I have found it simple and effective to give +1 for all dignities, and -1 for all detriments; I exclude pitted planets from estimations, and I increase by 50% the net + count, or decrease by 50% the net - (ie, net detriment over dignity) count, if the planet is in an elevated degree; I count both the sign and planetary monomoiria (I use these INSTEAD of terms, the lists of which are just too variable for me), and then I also add a point for atmakaraka status (from Jaimini astrology), and determine the Bright Degree Activations as perhaps my most important part in estimating planetary strength (BDA comes originally from Antiochus of Athens, but was developed by Thabit ibn Qurra, of Harran, in the 10th century-it is similar in some ways with the advanced ashtakavarga evaluation method of classical Vedic astrololgy)
Needless to say, my approach toward evaluation of planetary strength is at variance with the generally accepted methods, so I am simply posting this to show that different traditionally based approaches to determining planetary strength are available as alternative options...

MSO
12-08-2011, 05:17 AM
MSO in the event anyone needed the source, I posted a link to the source from which I obtained the information.

Ah, right. Sorry! :whistling:

Rebel Uranian
12-10-2011, 07:01 PM
@maicolzen (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/member.php?u=21762)

Sun:
Sun triplicity
Jupiter sign
Saturn face
Mars term

Moon:
Sun triplicity
Sun sign
Saturn face
Mars term

Mercury:
Venus triplicity
Saturn sign (Mars exalted)
Jupiter face
Venus term

Venus:
Mars triplicity
Mars sign
Sun face
Venus term

Mars:
Venus triplicity
Mercury sign (Mercury exalted)
Sun face
Mercury term

Jupiter:
Sun triplicity
Jupiter sign
Mercury face
Jupiter term

Saturn:
Mars triplicity
Jupiter sign
Saturn face
Jupiter term

Domicile: Sun (triplicity,) Venus (term,) Jupiter (sign and term,) Saturn (face)
Reception: Venus and Mars (triplicity,) Mercury and Mars (domicile and mixed,) Mercury and Jupiter (face)

domicile sign is +5, exaltation +4, triplicity +3, terms +2, face +1, and subtract for the opposite (detriment -5, fall -4.) I also consider the amount of another planet's dignity a planet has to be the amount of influence that other planet has. Don't trust me too much. (Don't trust anyone too much.)

The Ram
04-03-2014, 04:04 AM
This is how I understand it:

For example: Venus in Pisces and Jupiter in Capricorn. Both in the 11th degrees of their signs. In a day time chart Venus is trip ruler of capricorn. While Venus placed in Pisces is in the rulership of Jupiter, the term of Jupiter and the face of jupiter.

Thus Jupiter would get 5 points of rulership, 2 points for term and 1 point for face rulership out of the deal. While Venus only gets 3 points for trip dignity that it has in Jupiters placement. Naturally Venus also gets 4 points of essential dignity for being in its exalted home, while Jupiter would lose 4 points for being in his fall, but those points have nothing to do with the reception.

Thus for mixed receptions each planet recieves the dignity that it would if it were in the others place.

JUPITERASC
04-03-2014, 10:12 AM
This is how I understand it:

For example: Venus in Pisces
and
Jupiter in Capricorn.
Both in the 11th degrees of their signs.
In a day time chart Venus is trip ruler of capricorn
When using Ptolemy's Table of Dignities
Venus at 11th degree of Capricorn
is Triplicity Ruler in a Day Chart
but not in a night chart
because
Moon is the Triplicity ruler IF it is a night chart

11th degree of Capricorn is in Venus Terms
BUT NOT Venus Face
because
11th degree of Capricorn IS THE FACE OF MARS, not Venus :smile:
Jupiter is Peregrine at 11th degree of Capricorn
and at 11th degree of Capricorn Jupiter is in the Face of Mars
While Venus placed in Pisces
is in the rulership of Jupiter,
the term of Jupiter
and
the face of jupiter
Venus at 11th degree of Pisces
is Exalted
in Jupiter's Domicile
in Jupiter's Terms
in Jupiter's Face
Thus Jupiter would get 5 points of rulership, 2 points for term and 1 point for face rulership out of the deal
That is inaccurate
there is no 'deal' for Jupiter to benefit from
because

Jupiter would only get points for being in rulership, in Term and in Face
IF
the planet Jupiter itself were at 11th degree of Pisces

but Jupiter instead is at 11th degree of Capricorn

and
unfortunately for Venus

although at 11th degree of Pisces Jupiter RECEIVES an Exalted VENUS

Jupiter receives that Exalted Venus from the location of 11th degree of Capricorn
where Jupiter is detrimented by being in Fall
AND
Jupiter at 11th degree of Capricorn although in the Terms of Venus, is in the Face of Mar
and has scarcely any dignity

Venus is more dignified than Jupiter in this example

At 11th degree of Capricorn Jupiter is only in the Terms of Venus
and is in Fall in the Face of Mars

While Venus only gets 3 points for trip dignity that it has in Jupiters placement. Naturally Venus also gets 4 points of essential dignity for being in its exalted home, while Jupiter would lose 4 points for being in his fall, but those points have nothing to do with the reception.

Thus for mixed receptions each planet recieves the dignity that it would if it were in the others place.
That is misleading information
Planets cannot LITERALLY 'switch places' and receives dignities that they do not have
just because there is mixed reception
and
as illustrated
in this particular case the 'mixed reception' is weak
because
Jupiter nullifies it
by not being in the Face of Venus, and by being in the Face of Mars instead

to be clear then:
Venus receives Jupiter by Term
Mars receives Jupiter by Face
Detailed article explaining the use of dignity, debility and reception in astrology.
Includes examples and self-assessment exercises. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig6.html l

A WELL KNOWN TABLE OF PLANETARY DIGNITIES FOR ANYONE WISHING TO CHECK
and
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/im/dignities2.gif

The Ram
04-03-2014, 07:26 PM
When using Ptolemy's Table of Dignities
Venus at 11th degree of Capricorn
is Triplicity Ruler in a Day Chart
but not in a night chart
because
Moon is the Triplicity ruler IF it is a night chart

11th degree of Capricorn is in Venus Terms
BUT NOT Venus Face
because
11th degree of Capricorn IS THE FACE OF MARS, not Venus :smile:
Jupiter is Peregrine at 11th degree of Capricorn
and at 11th degree of Capricorn Jupiter is in the Face of Mars

I never said that Jupiter was in Venus face.

Jupiter is not peregrine, no planet in mutual reception with another can be peregrine. But if you disagree that's fine.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/peregrine.php

"However, no planet is reckoned peregrine if it be in mutual reception with another.

(Nicholas deVore - Encyclopedia of Astrology)"

Venus at 11th degree of Pisces
is Exalted
in Jupiter's Domicile
in Jupiter's Terms
in Jupiter's Face

That's essentially what I said.

That is inaccurate
there is no 'deal' for Jupiter to benefit from
because

Jupiter would only get points for being in rulership, in Term and in Face
IF
the planet Jupiter itself were at 11th degree of Pisces

but Jupiter instead is at 11th degree of Capricorn

and
unfortunately for Venus

although at 11th degree of Pisces Jupiter RECEIVES an Exalted VENUS

Jupiter receives that Exalted Venus from the location of 11th degree of Capricorn
where Jupiter is detrimented by being in Fall
AND
Jupiter at 11th degree of Capricorn although in the Terms of Venus, is in the Face of Mar
and has scarcely any dignity

Venus is more dignified than Jupiter in this example

Incorrect. Jupiter is in Venus' triplicity rulership. Triplicity rulership is 3 points, term and face rulership combined are also 3 points. Thus trip=term and face, as far as concrete point values go.

Thus Venus and Jupiter recieve each other. Solar fire gold classifies it as a mutual reception, which it clearly is.

It's an especially strong mutual reception since they are also in partile sextile. And Jupiter being undignified is only one opinion, according to the Almuten of Ibn Ezra Jupiter has 27 points of dignity, higher than venus.

According to my own system of gauging dignities, which is a bit of a mix of Ezra and Lilly's systems and with a few additional modifcations of my own Jupiter and Venus are pretty much dead even in dignity.

In my view a planet does get dignity points for mutual receptions and I'm not the only astrologer to hold that view, if you don't then that's fine.

At 11th degree of Capricorn Jupiter is only in the Terms of Venus
and is in Fall in the Face of Mars

Jupiter is in the triplicity, not the term of Venus. :)

That is misleading information
Planets cannot LITERALLY 'switch places' and receives dignities that they do not have
just because there is mixed reception
and
as illustrated
in this particular case the 'mixed reception' is weak
because
Jupiter nullifies it
by not being in the Face of Venus, and by being in the Face of Mars instead

Not at all.Jupiter. It's just an opinion. Traditionalists are dividided on these issues. In your opinion my opinion may be wrong. But that's just your opinion. :)

http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/lesson7/

"Planets can also be in mutual reception by any of the other dignities, too: exaltation, triplicity, term, and face. They can be mixed, too. Saturn in Libra, and Venus at 29 Scorpio receive each other by sign and term, which can help mitigate Venus' weakness in the sign of its detriment."

http://mithras93.tripod.com/lessons/lesson7/

Jupiter doesn't need to be in the face of Venus, which only has a single point value. Jupiter is in the triplicity of Venus, triplicity rulership is of a 3 point value. :)

to be clear then:
Venus receives Jupiter by Term
Mars receives Jupiter by Face
Detailed article explaining the use of dignity, debility and reception in astrology.
Includes examples and self-assessment exercises. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig6.html l [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy][B]

Thanks, I've grasped the concept for myself already. But I'll check that out anyway

Kaiousei no Senshi
04-04-2014, 03:59 PM

This isn't true. There isn't any dignity swap between planets in mutual reception. The technique of reception in general doesn't work that way. Basically, if there are planets that don't receive each other on the same level, then it just shows an imbalance of cooperation.

In your example of Venus at 11 Pisces and Jupiter at 11 Capricorn, Jupiter receives Venus perfectly with her being in his domicile. However, Venus would receive Jupiter imperfectly by Triplicity alone, which as a minor dignity, is not enough. So, the relationship would be imbalanced in that Jupiter would be much more willing to do what Venus wanted than Venus would be to do what Jupiter wanted.

Jupiter is not peregrine, no planet in mutual reception with another can be peregrine. But if you disagree that's fine.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/peregrine.php

"However, no planet is reckoned peregrine if it be in mutual reception with another.

(Nicholas deVore - Encyclopedia of Astrology)"

This is actually not true. deVore's Encyclopedia gets a lot of classical techniques wrong, but that is mostly due to its age. It was published when there weren't a lot of classical texts around and when the understanding of the techniques were still very small.

Jupiter is actually not peregrine, but not because of mutual reception as that doesn't save a planet from being peregrine (as there is no dignity swap involved), he's not peregrine according to the Egyptian Terms which extend from the 7th to the 14th degree of Capricorn.

Jupiter doesn't need to be in the face of Venus, which only has a single point value. Jupiter is in the triplicity of Venus, triplicity rulership is of a 3 point value.

Sure, but that isn't how reception is handled. It's something I alluded to above with perfect/imperfect reception. Perfect reception is good and imperfect reception is not that good, but better than nothing. Perfect reception is when a planet receives another into its domicile or exaltation (because that dignity is for the entirety of that sign), or when it receives another into any two of its lesser dignities simultaneously.

So, perfect reception by minor dignities can occur if another planet is in its triplicity and term, triplicity and face, or face and term, but not by any single one of those. This is what JUPITERASC is pointing out above. Jupiter isn't in enough of Venus's dignities in Capricorn for Venus to have authority over Jupiter's place. So the reception of Jupiter by Venus is very weak.

If you're interested in finding out more about reception, you should consider looking into the works of Sahl, Bonatti, Masha'allah, and Ibn Ezra. They cover it well.