PDA

View Full Version : Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Bossette353
11-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Hello all,

I'm confused as to why Venus is supposed to be exalted in Pisces. It's supposed to mean a dreamer, an idealist, a hopeless romantic, but how is that beneficial to the native in real life? On one blog I read, it was described a rinky-dinky hole-in-the-wall nightclub where those who are standing outside can see and hear the show inside. To me, that sounds f****** horrible. Who wants to have their deepest desires on display for the world to see without even being given the proper respect?! I have Venus in Pisces - 3rd house, a person whose ideals exist only in her head and who has extreme difficulty communicating them to others, doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Does anyone else have this placement and what are your thoughts on it?

JUPITERASC
11-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Hello all, I'm confused as to why Venus is supposed to be exalted in Pisces. It's supposed to mean a dreamer, an idealist, a hopeless romantic, but how is that beneficial to the native in real life? On one blog I read, it was described a rinky-dinky hole-in-the-wall nightclub where those who are standing outside can see and hear the show inside. To me, that sounds f****** horrible. Who wants to have their deepest desires on display for the world to see without even being given the proper respect?! I have Venus in Pisces - 3rd house, a person whose ideals exist only in her head and who has extreme difficulty communicating them to others, doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Does anyone else have this placement and what are your thoughts on it?
There are millions - if not tens of millions of astrologers - all with their own point of view :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wez9SzI3ujU
if you copy and paste the link to the search bar it works

SteveGus
11-05-2011, 04:37 AM
In the traditional Western system, it seems fairly simple. My understanding is that Venus is exalted in Pisces because both Pisces and Venus are moist, and the sign itself represents the end of winter, a situation that favors Venus.

Venus is in detriment in Virgo, and Pisces is the opposing sign. Virgo is a dry sign that represents the end of summer.

twelthnight
11-05-2011, 05:20 AM
This just makes me think of all of the Neptuney people I have known who have hard solar/lunar angular Neptune aspects or strong Pisces and have struggled in life (myself included!). The thing is, though, that those are all people I'd trust with my life, seriously kind-hearted, S-O-F-T sweethearts. That said, Neptune and Pisces don't always express well through the Sun or Saturn or anything associated even remotely with guarding the ego. But that's not Venus's concern. Venus finally gets to be as creative, as lazy, as sweet sweet sweet as it wants to be in Pisces. It makes sense, I think.

astrologer50
11-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Exaltation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exaltation_(astrology) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exaltation_(astrology))
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_(astrology) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_(astrology))
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detriment_(astrology) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detriment_(astrology))

Dignity & debilities
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dignities.html (http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dignities.html)
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2133&highlight=debility+debilitated (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2133&highlight=debility+debilitated)

MaeMae
11-05-2011, 11:32 AM
debbie kempton smith said it best in her book,
Secrets From a Stargazer's Notebook...
"venus in pisces is the best placement for anbody whom venus in pisces loves."

i am a ViP as well. Always wondered why a planet so lusty and desirous could be exalted in a sign known for selflessness and asceticism.
probably because we can love anybody, even the ones deemed unlovable by most other people.

JUPITERASC
11-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Hello all, I'm confused as to why Venus is supposed to be exalted in Pisces. It's supposed to mean a dreamer, an idealist, a hopeless romantic, but how is that beneficial to the native in real life? On one blog I read, it was described a rinky-dinky hole-in-the-wall nightclub where those who are standing outside can see and hear the show inside. To me, that sounds f****** horrible. Who wants to have their deepest desires on display for the world to see without even being given the proper respect?! I have Venus in Pisces - 3rd house, a person whose ideals exist only in her head and who has extreme difficulty communicating them to others, doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Does anyone else have this placement and what are your thoughts on it?
Since Pisces is the domicile of Jupiter, other people with this placement (Venus Pisces) won't necessarily have the same or even similar traits to you. That's not only because their natal Jupiter may be in a different Sign and/or House than your natal Jupiter but is also related to whether or not there is an aspect between natal Jupiter and Venus – not to mention whether or not natal Jupiter and/or Venus aspects other natal planets... and there are other considerations as well. :smile:

twelthnight
11-05-2011, 03:19 PM

This is kinda what I was thinking of...surely PV can be wonderful partners, friends, family memebers, etc. My Venus is in 12th house, so I have a little bit of that PV magic, but it's in Leo...sure Venus in Leo can throw on some glamour and dazzle the people we love (when we FEEL like it, anyway) but who really cares about about that **** when it comes to inimacy in relationships?

For example, I think my venus in Leo has operated on the level of getting attention for much of my life. I used to put a lot of effort onto making an impact on people and being desired. That is BS, it's only been since I went through my saturn return that I am starting to understand how to love, give, be present, and to think of those around me before myself. Those traits will probably come naturally to a Venus in Pisces. Lucky, those of us who love them indeed!

Rebel Uranian
11-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Venus is exalted in Pisces because it brings all people together into one. Pisces is about bringing all things together into one and Venus is about bringing people together. It has more to do with calculations that what's convenient for people.

Bossette353
11-06-2011, 10:47 PM
,Since Pisces is the domicile of Jupiter, other people with this placement (Venus Pisces) won't necessarily have the same or even similar traits to you. That's not only because their natal Jupiter may be in a different Sign and/or House than your natal Jupiter but is also related to whether or not there is an aspect between natal Jupiter and Venus ?– not to mention whether or not natal Jupiter and/or Venus aspects other natal planets... and there are other considerations as well. :smile:
I have Jupiter in Capricorn- 2nd house, and it is my chart ruler(Sag Asc). I have Venus sextile Jupiter as well.

Munch
11-06-2011, 10:55 PM
This just makes me think of all of the Neptuney people I have known who have hard solar/lunar angular Neptune aspects or strong Pisces and have struggled in life (myself included!). The thing is, though, that those are all people I'd trust with my life, seriously kind-hearted, S-O-F-T sweethearts. That said, Neptune and Pisces don't always express well through the Sun or Saturn or anything associated even remotely with guarding the ego. But that's not Venus's concern. Venus finally gets to be as creative, as lazy, as sweet sweet sweet as it wants to be in Pisces. It makes sense, I think.

I like your take on this a lot! I think that you are also spot on.

Bossette353
11-06-2011, 10:57 PM
This is kinda what I was thinking of...surely PV can be wonderful partners, friends, family memebers, etc. My Venus is in 12th house, so I have a little bit of that PV magic, but it's in Leo...sure Venus in Leo can throw on some glamour and dazzle the people we love (when we FEEL like it, anyway) but who really cares about about that **** when it comes to inimacy in relationships?

For example, I think my venus in Leo has operated on the level of getting attention for much of my life. I used to put a lot of effort onto making an impact on people and being desired. That is BS, it's only been since I went through my saturn return that I am starting to understand how to love, give, be present, and to think of those around me before myself. Those traits will probably come naturally to a Venus in Pisces. Lucky, those of us who love them indeed!

See, that's what I hate about this placement: the whole altruistic, selfless thing doesn't sound beneficial or practical to the native. It 's too easy for people to take advantage and ***** you over. Yeah, they enjoy the benefits of all this selfless love, but what about this helps me love myself, which I think is key to attracting anything meaningful in life? My Venus is conj my IC(Aries) and trines my Saturn (Scorpio-11th house), so I think that gives me incentive to guard myself and only give to those who actually deserve it.

Munch
11-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Since Pisces is the domicile of Jupiter, other people with this placement (Venus Pisces) won't necessarily have the same or even similar traits to you. That's not only because their natal Jupiter may be in a different Sign and/or House than your natal Jupiter but is also related to whether or not there is an aspect between natal Jupiter and Venus – not to mention whether or not natal Jupiter and/or Venus aspects other natal planets... and there are other considerations as well. :smile:

Also great insight.

Rebel Uranian
11-06-2011, 11:06 PM
1/6 of the world has Venus in Pisces and/or the 12th house (not the same, but both hazy places.) Add in any sort of dodeks, and it becomes 1/3. Then you have to add in the chances of Neptune being within 16 degrees (8 either way) of any Zodiac sign of Venus, which is 16/30 = 8/15 or about 1/2. 1/2 + 1/3 = 5/6. 5/6 of the world has the same hazy Venus placement, or placement of any planet for that matter. of course, it'd be most accurate to subtract the % of pitted degrees in the Zodiac as well as account for some other statistics such as speed of motion in the different signs...

(replace Neptune with Jupiter if you're a traditionalist. I know plenty of non-modern astrologers who will use Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto as objects but not domicile rulers of anything.)

Bossette353
11-06-2011, 11:08 PM

i am a ViP as well. Always wondered why a planet so lusty and desirous could be exalted in a sign known for selflessness and asceticism.
probably because we can love anybody, even the ones deemed unlovable by most other people.

I can see how this placement is good for others the native may come into contact with, but to me this is like walking around with "Sucker" written on your forehead. How can ViP people be more discriminate about who they share themselves with, and more guarded of their ideals in such a cold, cruel world?

Munch
11-06-2011, 11:11 PM
See, that's what I hate about this placement: the whole altruistic, selfless thing doesn't sound beneficial or practical to the native. It 's too easy for people to take advantage and ***** you over. Yeah, they enjoy the benefits of all this selfless love, but what about this helps me love myself, which I think is key to attracting anything meaningful in life? My Venus is conj my IC(Aries) and trines my Saturn (Scorpio-11th house), so I think that gives me incentive to guard myself and only give to those who actually deserve it.

I think the sun is important in figuring out how to support your particular Venus expression.

For instance my sun is in Capricorn and it wants to express the ego need of structure, discipline, certainty, etc. It supports my Venus (in Sagittarius) needs of freedom and limitlessness by making sure that I am grounded and taken care of first. This is important because my Venus is locked into a mutual reception with Jupiter (and conjunct Moon/Neptune) and that could get a little out of control. With the two sharing important placements in my chart as well. Too much of a good thing!

So maybe check out your sun and see how it can support your Venus influence as well as Jupiter. Remember, no planet operates without another planets influence, even if it is 'hidden.'

Also, if I may. Venus in Pisces allows for an ability to forgive and empathize. Sure you may get stepped on from time to time, but people can never take your sense of true self from you for too long. You are supremely in touch with who and what you really are. Tapping into this shows that you can direct the 'laws of the Universe' much more easily than others and can manifest and manipulate 'reality' far more easily than other people.

Even science shows that the Universe started in a Big Bang, though they have no idea what came before that. They speculate that everything came from nothing. This is the Universal Law (http://www.marjadevries.nl/universallaws/index.php) that says that everything already 'is.' There is nothing new. All that remains is to 'remember' and 'manifest.' You have a strong ability to do this. You just have to look at this placement from a different perspective.

MaeMae
11-07-2011, 12:38 AM
bossette~ in my angriest moments at my own stupidity, i raise my fist to the sky and curse and wail over my ViP.
Fortunately, Jup-Sat Cap sextiles it. They don't necessarily reduce the Neptune influence, but they are good at helping me manage and contain it.
I would say Saturn's relationship to Venus in a vip chart is integral in keeping Venus in tune with what's real. Tough aspects can reinforce the characteristic worthlessness that vip can experience in those darker moments. but even so, saturn is usually able to maneuver thru the fog to get neptune out of it. usually with a bruise or scar to remind vip her folly. venus in pisces has a hard time learning lessons without some reminder of the pain involved. still, they move onto further punishment, however in many spititual ways, they become stronger and it helps them handle future pain better. I believe JC is likely a Pisces type.

Rebel Uranian
11-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Venus is not all about love. It's also about art, money, sensuality, good luck, physical appearance, and a bajillion other things. Also, see my calculations. ViP is not that much of a problem. I have Venus in the 12th. You can't take all your anger out on the stars. 5/6 of the planets we have are "hidden" to some or another extent unless you're insanely lucky. Anyways, is it something being hidden that's bad, or is it the thing that comes in afterwards to make you find out that it was hidden?

ashakamath
11-07-2011, 03:16 AM
My daughter has V i P in 7th house along with Jupiter itself and North Node.
Her ascendant is Virgo.

My friend has V i P in 11th house and he is the Ascendant Lord.

My friend is Happily Married but seems to have numerous affairs!!

astrologer50
11-07-2011, 09:49 AM
My daughter has V i P in 7th house along with Jupiter itself and North Node.
Her ascendant is Virgo.

My friend has V i P in 11th house and he is the Ascendant Lord.

My friend is Happily Married but seems to have numerous affairs!!

what is this please? is it Vedic terminology?

Inconjunct
11-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Venus could be said to be selfish and self-centred - remember, it also rules vanity and jealousy and obsession in love. Pisces turns that love outwards towards the collective and when people love their fellow man, they can achieve great things.

MaeMae
11-07-2011, 12:53 PM
selfish and self centered? nooooooooo! ; )
that's why in our Neptunian ways, we make ourselves the fall guy. highly manipulative to get what we want, sort of carrying taurus' rulership one step further. there should never be any doubt that vip can get what s/he wants, but never doubt that we'll be the first not to recognize it or know what to do with it.
the HEART of vip wants to love and find understanding. some call it compassion.
but the mere nature of vip is to reject wordly desires. this is what makes them easy. they believe the sexuo-romantic is spiritual. if we are turned on by you, we see God in you.
or is that just me? ; )
but on a serious note, it often sends them to places of despair and a great sense of unfairness.
just thinking that maybe exaltation really means they exhibit the full spectrum of venus. after all, neptune rules film. we can be anything other's want us to be to get what we want.
what we want is a love with Spirit/God, thru God, however we define it. because of that, worldly matters like does he have a job, she is crazy, he drinks too much, she's loose.
because just about Anybody who loves or even uses vip knows they too are looking for love from a spiritual plane. Even the worst rogues and fiends know that vip knows that vip can offer them a touch of God. Most Pisces/Neptune types in general are the medium for this.
the worldly c*r*a*p is what keeps the worldly fish swimming in two directions.

byjove
11-07-2011, 02:21 PM
I have to say that Venus in Pisces to me has a tougher time today and say, 100 years ago in English speaking countries. The casual sex of today, and leaving someone by text, the super-relaxed attitudes amongst (the young in particular) don't fit well for us Venus in Pisces natives! Nope!

astrologer50
11-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Venus could be said to be selfish and self-centred - remember, it also rules vanity and jealousy and obsession in love. Pisces turns that love outwards towards the collective and when people love their fellow man, they can achieve great things.

Well i've never heard of venus described like this :sad:

Venus espec in pisces is sacrifical, loving (all venus) will give, want beauty, nice things, to be sociable.

I suppose it all depends on how venus is aspected is to HOW she responds, but this thread is not for discussing aspects, just venus in pisces exalted...

twelthnight
11-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I have to say that Venus in Pisces to me has a tougher time today and say, 100 years ago in English speaking countries. The casual sex of today, and leaving someone by text, the super-relaxed attitudes amongst (the young in particular) don't fit well for us Venus in Pisces natives! Nope!

Yes, ViP seems a little antiquated (in a beautiful way) makes me think of the romantic Irish peots like Yeats and (though not Irish) the Disederta poem about love. Oh, how we NEED this expression of venus!

Munch
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
that's why in our Neptunian ways, we make ourselves the fall guy. highly manipulative to get what we want, sort of carrying taurus' rulership one step further. there should never be any doubt that vip can get what s/he wants, but never doubt that we'll be the first not to recognize it or know what to do with it.
the HEART of vip wants to love and find understanding. some call it compassion.
but the mere nature of vip is to reject wordly desires. this is what makes them easy. they believe the sexuo-romantic is spiritual. if we are turned on by you, we see God in you.
or is that just me? ; )
but on a serious note, it often sends them to places of despair and a great sense of unfairness.
just thinking that maybe exaltation really means they exhibit the full spectrum of venus. after all, neptune rules film. we can be anything other's want us to be to get what we want.
what we want is a love with Spirit/God, thru God, however we define it. because of that, worldly matters like does he have a job, she is crazy, he drinks too much, she's loose.
because just about Anybody who loves or even uses vip knows they too are looking for love from a spiritual plane. Even the worst rogues and fiends know that vip knows that vip can offer them a touch of God. Most Pisces/Neptune types in general are the medium for this.
the worldly c*r*a*p is what keeps the worldly fish swimming in two directions.

Mae Mae, what an interesting way to look at this! I'd honestly never considered this side of Venus in Pisces. I wouldn't have thought that the slippery side of this combination could result in an uncertainty of what the individual wants. To clarify, are you saying that the Venus in Pisces individual gets what they think they want only to discover that it falls short of the indefinable in much the same manner as Venus/Neptune?

byjove
11-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Yes, ViP seems a little antiquated (in a beautiful way) makes me think of the romantic Irish peots like Yeats and (though not Irish) the Disederta poem about love. Oh, how we NEED this expression of venus!

LOL You just said this to an Irish person :kissing:

One mini-point to the discussion, for any of us interested in traditional astrology, Venus in P is ruled by Jupiter, the greater benefic, and has no direct inheritance of illusion etc. If there's anyone more knowledgeable on trad. astro. here, please add, but is that just a modern interp. of Venus, and Venus in P? :innocent:

Actually, if we get a good trad. perspective for this, the story here may change dramatically...:smile:

piscesnurse
11-07-2011, 04:30 PM
awesome munch thank you~ i am a venus in pisces as well in 12th house i do think we see the we are all one and stay true to ourselves
and yes mae mae we can feel it all to the depths of dispair empathy dispair compassion i am also a pisces sun i was told by a well know astrologist that pisces sun and venus in pisces has one foot on earth and one foot in heaven

twelthnight
11-07-2011, 04:47 PM

One mini-point to the discussion, for any of us interested in traditional astrology, Venus in P is ruled by Jupiter, the greater benefic, and has no direct inheritance of illusion etc. If there's anyone more knowledgeable on trad. astro. here, please add, but is that just a modern interp. of Venus, and Venus in P? :innocent:

Actually, if we get a good trad. perspective for this, the story here may change dramatically...:smile:

You are Irish? I lived in Ireland for a year...it is my favorite country. Beautiful place, beautiful people :happy:

I feel like Ireland is the best and worst place for those of us with strong neptune...it is naturally poetic and soft hearted in national character, but it is also very easy for people to drift there, never finding or indeed loosing their footing in the mundane world.

Rebel Uranian
11-07-2011, 08:32 PM

As I said a million times a million different ways (I am more interested in ideas than applications so I don't care about consistency between them) Venus in Pisces or even the 12th is no problem. Venus is obsessed with money. Pisces doesn't want it. Venus in Jupiter's sign is as lucky as it gets. Venus brings people together. Pisces brings all things into one. I'm not even sure modern rulership of signs is valid, although the 3 last planets are valid objects in the eyes of plenty outside of modern astrology. Maybe they could be exalted rather than domiciled in their signs? The Nodes are exalted but not domiciled. I'm sure the asteroids Vesta, Juno, Pallas, Ceres are considered to work better in some signs than others.

astrologer50
11-07-2011, 08:43 PM
The Nodes are exalted but not domiciled
that's new one for me then. How did you come to this conclusion?

Inconjunct
11-07-2011, 09:29 PM
You've never heard of love being self-centred, selfish, jealous or obsessive A50? You need to get out more :)

And placements of planets can't really be judged in isolation from aspects. However, people seem to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick - I was not saying this was an interpretation of Venus in Pisces - read the rest of my post.

astrologer50
11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
You've never heard of love being self-centred, selfish, jealous or obsessive A50? You need to get out more :)

And placements of planets can't really be judged in isolation from aspects. However, people seem to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick - I was not saying this was an interpretation of Venus in Pisces - read the rest of my post.

not unless it's venus in scorpio or venus hard aspect pluto. But hey I thought this thread was about Venus in pisces? hey what do I know.:w00t:

Bossette353
11-07-2011, 10:04 PM
I think the sun is important in figuring out how to support your particular Venus

So maybe check out your sun and see how it can support your Venus influence as well as Jupiter. Remember, no planet operates without another planets influence, even if it is 'hidden.'

Also, if I may. Venus in Pisces allows for an ability to forgive and empathize. Sure you may get stepped on from time to time, but people can never take your sense of true self from you for too long. You are supremely in touch with who and what you really are. Tapping into this shows that you can direct the 'laws of the Universe' much more easily than others and can manifest and manipulate 'reality' far more easily than other people.

Even science shows that the Universe started in a Big Bang, though they have no idea what came before that. They speculate that everything came from nothing. This is the Universal Law (http://www.marjadevries.nl/universallaws/index.php) that says that everything already 'is.' There is nothing new. All that remains is to 'remember' and 'manifest.' You have a strong ability to do this. You just have to look at this placement from a different perspective.

Thanks for your insight, Munch! My sun is in Aquarius- 2nd House, which I think is about financial freedom and having control over my resources. It makes a semisquare to my natal Venus, so there is some discord intergrating these two. I have to be extra careful who I share my heart and wallet with. I like what u said about the Universal Law. Never thought of it that way.

byjove
11-07-2011, 10:09 PM
As I said a million times a million different ways (I am more interested in ideas than applications so I don't care about consistency between them)

Respectfully, I wasn't discussing this directly with you, so I don't mind what you say a million, million, billion times, and the thread opener decides what is relevant. Also, my point was perfecly a part of the discussion.

Bossette353
11-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I would say Saturn's relationship to Venus in a vip chart is integral in keeping Venus in tune with what's real. Tough aspects can reinforce the characteristic worthlessness that vip can experience in those darker moments. but even so, saturn is usually able to maneuver thru the fog to get neptune out of it. usually with a bruise or scar to remind vip her folly. venus in pisces has a hard time learning lessons without some reminder of the pain involved. still, they move onto further punishment, however in many spititual ways, they become stronger and it helps them handle future pain better. I believe JC is likely a Pisces type.

I have Venus in Pisces trine Saturn(Scorpio-11th house). It's supposed to make me more mature and realistic in personal affairs, so that's a good thing.

byjove
11-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Very true, I guess this is where different things in a chart come together and change the single condition of one of them. I suppose the stable, practical tone of Saturn is welcome contact indeed. I think a Venus-trine-Saturn is already a little out of the danger zone of some of the Venus/Pisces idealisms though. What do you think? :happy:

Bossette353
11-07-2011, 10:21 PM
that's why in our Neptunian ways, we make ourselves the fall guy. highly manipulative to get what we want, sort of carrying taurus' rulership one step further. there should never be any doubt that vip can get what s/he wants.
we can be anything other's want us to be to get what we want. Anybody who loves or even uses vip knows they too are looking for love from a spiritual plane.

Hmmmm... I never thought of it like that before!! *sinister grin slowly spreads on face*
Yes, it is true that my ideal love is a soulmate or someone who I can connect with on the deepest level.

bittermoon
11-07-2011, 10:26 PM
My ex has Venus in Pisces. It doesn't perform at all like expected. Perhaps, because it's unaspected? If not, it really makes me question the validity of astrology!

Bossette353
11-07-2011, 10:29 PM

I COMPLETELY agree with you 100%!! My friends look at me crazy because I've been celibate for 6 years and am looking for a long-term, monogamous relationship. They just don't understand how sacred their minds/bodies are, and that they just can't be tossed around so friviously. It's having morals and priniciples in this generation(late 80s), but somebody's gotta do it:)

JUPITERASC
11-07-2011, 10:36 PM
One mini-point to the discussion, for any of us interested in traditional astrology, Venus in P is ruled by Jupiter, the greater benefic, and has no direct inheritance of illusion etc. If there's anyone more knowledgeable on trad. astro. here, please add, but is that just a modern interp. of Venus, and Venus in P? :innocent: Actually, if we get a good trad. perspective for this, the story here may change dramatically...:smile:
Some reliable traditional perspective from Deborah Houlding of Skyscript http://www.skyscript.co.uk/pisces.html :smile:

Kindness, trust and a 'willingness to believe' has contributed to Pisces reputation as one of the most spiritual signs of the zodiac.

This is not some modern derivation from the attributes of Neptune. Pisces ancient history is riddled with allegiance to spiritual principles, and the symbol for fishes is often taken as an icon for churches and priests, predating the sign's traditional connection with Jupiter, (itself a significator for priests and religious matters). The adoption of the sign of the fish by Christianity is seen as an emblem for gentility, peace and denial of the ego in favour of the collective's needs.

Bossette353
11-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Very true, I guess this is where different things in a chart come together and change the single condition of one of them. I suppose the stable, practical tone of Saturn is welcome contact indeed. I think a Venus-trine-Saturn is already a little out of the danger zone of some of the Venus/Pisces idealisms though. What do you think? :happy:

I hope so lol. I'm hoping Saturn will bring disclipline and structure to my desires/ideals so they're not just floating around in my head but actually come out in real life :smile:

tsmall
11-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I tried looking up why Venus was exalted in Pisces earlier, but then I had to go to work (bills do need paying :pinched:)

All I could find for reference as to why was in Tetrabiblos, p. 31

Venus is of a moist nature, and becomes chiefly moist when in Pisces. Under that sign a dampness begins to be perceptible in the atmosphere, and Venus, from being in that sign, derives an augmentation of her own proper influence : her exaltation is consequently placed therin, and her fall in Virgo.

Further, not completely astrological thinking, leads me to wonder: Wouldn't it be a bit stressful to constantly be in the place of one's exaltation? Imagine for a minute the difference between being at home (in domicile) where you can wear your comfy slippers, skip the makeup, let the dishes go undone, and know where everything is, how it works, and arrange it completely according to your own wishes. Then imagine to always be in the place where everyone expects you to behave in a certain way in order to be worthy of exaltation. Think rulers or dignitaries. Do you suppose they can let ever their guard down when they are constantly on public display? Sure, everyone praises and worships them, but aren't they really ready to pounce on the slightest mistake, slip or blunder? It seems to me that when someone (or something) is exalted, there is always someone (or something) else just waiting for the chance to bring them down. Maybe that's the reason Lily gives being in domicile a +5, but being in exaltation only a +4. Or, maybe I just think too much...

ashakamath
11-08-2011, 02:29 AM
what is this please? is it Vedic terminology?
you seem to be hooked on asking if anything is Vedic. Venus in Pisces is not just Vedic!!! dont comment for sake of it...:sleeping:

Inconjunct
11-08-2011, 06:40 AM
not unless it's venus in scorpio or venus hard aspect pluto. But hey I thought this thread was about Venus in pisces? hey what do I know.:w00t:

And again, you're not reading my post before wading in to criticise.

MaeMae
11-08-2011, 01:59 PM
munch ~
as you asked ~ and in broad terms ~ yes, i think vip's ability to attract and/or manifest their desires often goes awry for them, especially in the areas of romantic love. what neptune sees (generally for most neptunians) is viewed thru a warm, silky filter.
the toad never turns into a prince. the beautiful alcoholic becomes abusive and violent. the soulmate of a lifetime turns out to be a criminal...
the things attached to our objets de affection often become matters to contend with. because vip can't let go of loving someone, they have difficulty breaking bad couplings, even if they're getting the short end. these are the times i believe saturn or cap in relation to venus helps modify their ability to discriminate beforehand and manage damage control afterward.

Gogo91
11-08-2011, 02:25 PM
In the traditional Western system, it seems fairly simple. My understanding is that Venus is exalted in Pisces because both Pisces and Venus are moist, and the sign itself represents the end of winter, a situation that favors Venus.

Venus is in detriment in Virgo, and Pisces is the opposing sign. Virgo is a dry sign that represents the end of summer.

Virgo falls in Venus. I don't think Virgo dryness is the problem. Remember Taurus is a dry earth sign and it's domicile Venus.

Venus is all about enjoying the goodness and pleasure along with love.

Virgo in Venus ask these type of question: "Does this jeans makes me look fat?" Its too worry about itself to enjoy itself.

astrologer50
11-08-2011, 03:54 PM
munch ~
as you asked ~ and in broad terms ~ yes, i think vip's ability to attract and/or manifest their desires often goes awry for them, especially in the areas of romantic love. what neptune sees (generally for most neptunians) is viewed thru a warm, silky filter.
the toad never turns into a prince. the beautiful alcoholic becomes abusive and violent. the soulmate of a lifetime turns out to be a criminal...
the things attached to our objets de affection often become matters to contend with. because vip can't let go of loving someone, they have difficulty breaking bad couplings, even if they're getting the short end. these are the times i believe saturn or cap in relation to venus helps modify their ability to discriminate beforehand and manage damage control afterward.

I would add not just pisces either, ALL the water signs have a hard time letting go espec scorpio, who tends to hand on for grim death....

diamondbaby
06-30-2016, 06:58 AM
I have never seen Venus :venus: in Pisces :pisces: as an exalted placement. :unsure:

The perfect fit would be for Venus :venus: exaltation would be Venus :venus: in Cancer :cancer: in my opinion. Venus :venus: in Cancer :cancer: is such a lovely Venus :venus: placement, just like Moon :moon: in Taurus :taurus: is. Taurus :taurus: and Cancer :cancer: are the most feminine signs and their ruling planets Moon :moon: and Venus :venus: are the most feminine planets, so it would definitely make a lot of sense to me if Venus :venus: was considered exalted in Cancer :cancer:. :happy:

Abby83
06-30-2016, 12:00 PM
Hello all,

I'm confused as to why Venus is supposed to be exalted in Pisces. It's supposed to mean a dreamer, an idealist, a hopeless romantic, but how is that beneficial to the native in real life? On one blog I read, it was described a rinky-dinky hole-in-the-wall nightclub where those who are standing outside can see and hear the show inside. To me, that sounds f****** horrible. Who wants to have their deepest desires on display for the world to see without even being given the proper respect?! I have Venus in Pisces - 3rd house, a person whose ideals exist only in her head and who has extreme difficulty communicating them to others, doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Does anyone else have this placement and what are your thoughts on it?

I have to admit that I don't get it either. I have never found venus in pisces to be a more beneficial placement than others or should I say a sign where venus can be expressed better. I find that ppl I know with venus in pisces can fall in love with anyone, therefore having lower standards, sacrificing a lot. I don't like how they see the absolute best in everyone cos that's what gets them into relationship hell. They overlook any flaw whatsoever and then lie to themselves when they have problems later on. Rather than calling it exalted, venus in pisces seems to be a place of mistakes more than anything.

Abby83
06-30-2016, 12:06 PM
I have never seen Venus :venus: in Pisces :pisces: as an exalted placement. :unsure:

The perfect fit would be for Venus :venus: exaltation would be Venus :venus: in Cancer :cancer: in my opinion. Venus :venus: in Cancer :cancer: is such a lovely Venus :venus: placement, just like Moon :moon: in Taurus :taurus: is. Taurus :taurus: and Cancer :cancer: are the most feminine signs and their ruling planets Moon :moon: and Venus :venus: are the most feminine planets, so it would definitely make a lot of sense to me if Venus :venus: was considered exalted in Cancer :cancer:. :happy:

Oh I agree totally. Cancer, Taurus and libra are feminine signs so it would make sense that venus is happiest there. However I see pisces as mostly deluded rather than having a feminine or masculine feel. Yes it is submissive and softly spoken, but that's as far as it goes.

Abby83
06-30-2016, 12:14 PM
Virgo in Venus ask these type of question: "Does this jeans makes me look fat?" Its too worry about itself to enjoy itself.

It doesn't make sense for a venus to not care about how they look. That's why I love my obsessive venus in virgo. I reckon it's a better sign to be in than other signs where you overdo letting yourself go and overindulge in 'love.'

Bluebell87
06-30-2016, 12:30 PM
I have Venus in Pisces in the sixth house. I have definetely had to learn the hard way that seeing life through rose-tinted specs gets you hurt more easily. So it's good to 'grow up' and be aware of people's proper intentions. My Aries sun helps with that! But both are idealistic signs, so viewing the world in a romantic way will always be there. It's like living in a world where the 'Highs are high and the lows are low.' Yes, it can be debilitating at the worst of times. But at the best of times, you get to live in this dream world for a few weeks at a time, even if just in your head, and it's bloody brilliant. I literally described to my ex-boyfriend that every time I see him, music starts to play in my head. I was so much in love! Of course, I had put him on a pedestal and it didn't work out, but I'm happy to say I gave it my all and tried my best. Other people may prefer to protect themselves rather than make themselves vulnerable, but I would rather say I gave my everything and when it was time to move on, then it's time to miss them.

yes the world is harsh and yes you have to protect yourself from it sometimes. But when you are faced with people with cruel intentions, sometimes having a pure heart is all the strength you need. Your purity weakens their ill intentions. (Giving you time to get away).

tsmall
07-02-2016, 02:11 AM
The exaltations are old, older than anything we know, and are based on the Thema Mundi, lend their significations to the house meanings as we know them today, and belong to the traditional realm. If you want to debate them, first it is best to research them. Or not. Just tossing it out there.

Abby83
07-02-2016, 05:11 AM
The exaltations are old, older than anything we know, and are based on the Thema Mundi, lend their significations to the house meanings as we know them today, and belong to the traditional realm. If you want to debate them, first it is best to research them. Or not. Just tossing it out there.

Thanks tsmall. I appreciate your earlier post describing why venus is exalted in pisces.

sibylline
07-02-2016, 06:50 PM
I have to admit that I don't get it either. I have never found venus in pisces to be a more beneficial placement than others or should I say a sign where venus can be expressed better. I find that ppl I know with venus in pisces can fall in love with anyone, therefore having lower standards, sacrificing a lot. I don't like how they see the absolute best in everyone cos that's what gets them into relationship hell. They overlook any flaw whatsoever and then lie to themselves when they have problems later on. Rather than calling it exalted, venus in pisces seems to be a place of mistakes more than anything.

I see pisces as mostly deluded rather than having a feminine or masculine feel. Yes it is submissive and softly spoken, but that's as far as it goes.

But you forgot to tell us what you think of Venus in Pisces. :)

If a person you know falls in love with everyone and has low standards then I think that's a personal issue. Venus in Pisces is idealistic; in my case this manifests as high standards. I love humanity, but I don't fall in love with every human. The default setting of Pisces is not delusion.

Bunraku
07-02-2016, 06:57 PM
As a Pisces, I find this thread to be mildly offensive.
As I drift in and out of consciousness, I suddenly found my answer: Venus is exalted in Pisces due to the universal bond we all share with each other. We are one, and love shall conquer all. We are all interconnected and we all share one mind--the universal mind. We all are one. We must assimilate others into “one”--us, we, and am. We are one. I am us, we are I, you are we. Resistance is futile, for it is the future of the world--love. You cannot escape, we/I/us will love you until you join us and enter us and unite us into one mind and flesh. We all shall have one thought, and that thought is love. We all move and breathe in synchrony, thoughts flowing in the same patterns, everything is submersed, and we all dive into our/I minds, capturing everyone in our exponentially strengthening current. Release your ego, beat it out of you, and give up self control, for love will guide the way. Resistance is futile for love is the future and you shall be us, and we shall be you.

Bunraku
07-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Pedunculata
The Astrological Concept of Pisces

Pisces receives transmissions that flow through the universal current and sway in motion, with their sounds being fixed to their physical bodies. Venus placed here emphasizes the need for love of the universe and the need for all humans to become one and to dissolve their ego to achieve nirvana, cessation. The metaphor here is that they receive, awaiting for what the universe gives them, rather than trying to brave god and inflate their egos.

Venus in Pisces
Venus, the antiquated planet of love, placed in this sign, shows that the energy of Venus is funneled through the universal piscean flow and sways pisceans as they act like antennas receiving universal love. Love is from the environment, being channeled from forces unknown and kept secret from humanity (12th house associations).

sibylline
07-02-2016, 07:17 PM
As a Pisces, I find this thread to be mildly offensive.
As I drift in and out of consciousness, I suddenly found my answer: Venus is exalted in Pisces due to the universal bond we all share with each other. We are one, and love shall conquer all. We are all interconnected and we all share one mind--the universal mind. We all are one. We must assimilate others into “one”--us, we, and am. We are one. I am us, we are I, you are we. Resistance is futile, for it is the future of the world--love. You cannot escape, we/I/us will love you until you join us and enter us and unite us into one mind and flesh. We all shall have one thought, and that thought is love. We all move and breathe in synchrony, thoughts flowing in the same patterns, everything is submersed, and we all dive into our/I minds, capturing everyone in our exponentially strengthening current. Release your ego, beat it out of you, and give up self control, for love will guide the way. Resistance is futile for love is the future and you shall be us, and we shall be you.

You're just mad Pisces is Jupiter's favorite child.

It's okay to feel spurned, but this is not the place to let it out; there's Chat for that. *hugs*

Bunraku
07-02-2016, 07:22 PM
It's supposed to be poetic of what the sign usually says in the (modern) literature - - I don't want a condescending response from you and I'm not angry either.

sibylline
07-02-2016, 07:26 PM
^I was just joking...you couldn't tell?

Bunraku
07-02-2016, 07:35 PM
I don't joke around

Bunraku
07-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Oh come here and hug me you adorable little thing. LOL

(let's back on topic before we anger the mods)

Let me search through my charts to see if I know anyone personally that has this placement. I'll report back in a bit.

Bunraku
07-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Some quotes in the meanwhile

Venus is the vibratory field of resonance between “this” and “that,” “me” and “you,” ego and soul, outer appearance and inner life, unit and universe. Bearing on its crest the latent spark of love, holding in its core the latent fire of soul, this vibrant substratum of reality can be perceived as a subtle, omnipresent awaitingness for mutual “relevance” to surge between indifferent parts or polarized dimensions of life. When resonance is kindled — whether between beings, or between ego and soul in a creative process or a moment of grace, it opens the way to the latent vibrancy and radiance of life.

http://moniquepommier.com/books-and-articles/planetary-exaltations/661-2/

Abby83
07-03-2016, 12:48 AM
But you forgot to tell us what you think of Venus in Pisces. :)

If a person you know falls in love with everyone and has low standards then I think that's a personal issue. Venus in Pisces is idealistic; in my case this manifests as high standards. I love humanity, but I don't fall in love with every human. The default setting of Pisces is not delusion.

That's the difficult part, you are all so different! I mean we all know my mother in law and I absolutely hate each other to the extremes and she has mars venus and sun in pisces yet I absolutely adore you sybilline. As well as so many other venus and sun in pisces ppl on this forum. So I cant quite understand why they are so different. I cant purely judge on ppl having a planet in pisces because you are all just so different.

It seems most ppl on this forum these days have strong pisces. It's a bit of an overload for my libra planets. I need some balance. Would love to see more virgo, Gemini, sag, aquarius and scorpio. Where have they all gone?

Kitchy
07-03-2016, 03:21 AM
aquarius sun
gemini moon
pisces venus
neptune scorpio

i'm still here Bun -

neptune overload seems to be the stuff of any kind of self-help or teaching forum about astrology.

sometimes, i get lost in my own neptune and piscean haze just trying to help others out of theirs.

The forum birthchart has a very prominent neptune.

Abby83
07-03-2016, 06:05 AM
aquarius sun
gemini moon
pisces venus
neptune scorpio

i'm still here Bun -

neptune overload seems to be the stuff of any kind of self-help or teaching forum about astrology.

sometimes, i get lost in my own neptune and piscean haze just trying to help others out of theirs.

The forum birthchart has a very prominent neptune.

Are you talking to me Kitchy?

Either way, that's a beautiful combo indeed. A lovely variety of signs. Yum :tongue:. I hate to favour but ppl who have a mixture of signs and a combo of difficult and harmonious aspects are my favourite cos there's so many different energies. Not at all at the fault of a person born with their chart, it's just what I like, variety.

Abby83
07-03-2016, 08:33 AM
yes, i was responding to the 'where did they all go...?" post. :)

Ahaha well that's good to know. It must sound weird that it relieves me, but im an anxious person who is easily frustrated when energies are out of balance and tip my libra scales too far on one side. So thanks for posting... as weird as it may be. :joyful:

sibylline
07-03-2016, 11:26 PM
That's the difficult part, you are all so different! I mean we all know my mother in law and I absolutely hate each other to the extremes and she has mars venus and sun in pisces yet I absolutely adore you sybilline. As well as so many other venus and sun in pisces ppl on this forum. So I cant quite understand why they are so different. I cant purely judge on ppl having a planet in pisces because you are all just so different.

Mutable water...A different shape for every container.

Your mil has a challenged chart. If the Venus in Pisces or any Pisces planets are challenged in such a way it can bring about some of the downsides mentioned in this thread.

It seems most ppl on this forum these days have strong pisces. It's a bit of an overload for my libra planets. I need some balance. Would love to see more virgo, Gemini, sag, aquarius and scorpio. Where have they all gone?

They're around. There might be some newer Pisceans but many of the regulars here have those signs prominent.

animatedoodle
07-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Venus in Pisces is just...wanting true love. Thats it.
How can knowing that deep in your cosmic DNA, settle for anything less?
If thats not exalted I don't know what is.

Abby83
07-04-2016, 12:49 AM
Mutable water...A different shape for every container.

Your mil has a challenged chart. If the Venus in Pisces or any Pisces planets are challenged in such a way it can bring about some of the downsides mentioned in this thread.

I guess ill have to remind myself this time and time again. Instead of looking at signs, maybe looking at how challenged the person is in general would be better for me than freaking out everytime I meet a person with planets that resemble a psychopath I once met...

Jehan
07-04-2016, 03:20 AM

Where can one find the resource material for this? Specifically written text.
Thank you.

Jehan
07-04-2016, 03:36 AM
from what I understand; Venus was given this sign of exaltation because the fertility cycles of all life (animal and plant) in this realm is increasing during the Suns gradual ascent into his sign of exaltation, She is responsible for fertility after all.
Any planet that is exalted can fall and this may be due to the awareness level of the individual. If one takes this energy for granted then they can become complacent from relying on other sources to grant them power to act.

I have witnessed this before with this placement specifically. Relying on their "beauty or grace" to receive basic necessities and other goods; only to find that when Saturn comes to square this natal position that all aid has disappeared and they struggle to understand why this is happening.

katydid
07-04-2016, 08:37 AM

That has not been my experience with the Venus in Pisces peeps that I know. My husband for one. I think he has great taste and very high standards...:happy:

I have several close family members with V in Pisces. They do tend to see the best in everyone, but not just in love relationships. In people in general, they are able to see the best in them and help others rise to that level. I see it as a gift, not a flaw.

If that Venus is afflicted by Neptune, Mars or Saturn, then there is a possibility they will look through rose colored glasses and see things in a distorted, unrealistic way. But if the Venus is in beneficial placements and well aspected, then it can work in a truly exalted fashion. My husband has successfully
mentored many young artists and writers over the years. He has Venus in Pisces in the 11th, part of a tight grand trine. He can spot talent, even a diamond in the rough, and is excellent at nurturing and inspiring others to believe in their talents.

JUPITERASC
07-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Where can one find the resource material for this?
Specifically written text.
Thank you.

THEMA MUNDI pdf by Douglas Noblehorse http://www.azastrologers.org/Articles/NoblehorseThemaMundi.htm :smile:

Abby83
07-04-2016, 09:13 AM
That has not been my experience with the Venus in Pisces peeps that I know. My husband for one. I think he has great taste and very high standards...:happy:

I have several close family members with V in Pisces. They do tend to see the best in everyone, but not just in love relationships. In people in general, they are able to see the best in them and help others rise to that level. I see it as a gift, not a flaw.

If that Venus is afflicted by Neptune, Mars or Saturn, then there is a possibility they will look through rose colored glasses and see things in a distorted, unrealistic way. But if the Venus is in beneficial placements and well aspected, then it can work in a truly exalted fashion. My husband has successfully
mentored many young artists and writers over the years. He has Venus in Pisces in the 11th, part of a tight grand trine. He can spot talent, even a diamond in the rough, and is excellent at nurturing and inspiring others to believe in their talents.

This is good to know. Thanks.

Claire19
07-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Thank you.

I would say as Pisces is about unconditional love and compassion as ruled by Neptune the higher octave of Venus. Venus rules Taurus which is compatible with Pisces.

Jehan
07-04-2016, 06:25 PM
The origins of the Exaltation status of Venus in Pisces was assigned way before the outer planets were discovered. Why? of course is the question. Would it not be beneficial to understand why the Ancients assigned it this position first before assigning greater theories or any personal observations?

tsmall
07-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Thank you.

It's hard to cobble it together. Chris Brennan and Doug Noblehorse have done quite a bit of research on the joys and exaltations, prompted by Schmidt and Project Hindsight. As far as sources specifically postulating their origins, gosh, I don't have those. Every post-Hellenistic text only accepts them as a given, and we have to understand that they are very, very old, and deconstruct them from there. But I suppose you could start with Firmicus, Rhetorius, and Dorotheus. Ptolomy didn't spend any time on the house meanings.

tsmall
07-04-2016, 11:13 PM
from what I understand; Venus was given this sign of exaltation because the fertility cycles of all life (animal and plant) in this realm is increasing during the Suns gradual ascent into his sign of exaltation, She is responsible for fertility after all.

Venus is exalted in Pisces because, if you look at the Thema, it is a night chart, making Venus the in-sect benefic. Cancer rises, Moon in 1st house, Venuse in Pisecs trines the ASC and is in the domicile of Jupiter and the Joy of the Sun. Remember, Venus is both the morning and evening star, and represents the two sides of the goddess Ishtar. Looking at the Thema with the joys and exaltations you can begin to understand that the two sides of Venus represent both hedonism, but purity and religion. Jupiter, who rules Pisces, is significant of religious things, as is the Sun who finds his joy in the 9th. In Pisces, Venus becomes the goddess of Purity.

Any planet that is exalted can fall and this may be due to the awareness level of the individual. If one takes this energy for granted then they can become complacent from relying on other sources to grant them power to act.

Not so much. Yes, any exalted planet can and does usually fall, and a planet in fall often brings with it a sense of guilt--"this is my fault" sort of thing. For practical purposes, an exalted planet has the ability to bring great big, huge things for what it signifies, but they will not be lasting. And an out of sect exalted planet can and often does have expectations that are not born out by the rest of the chart. Which leaves whatever that planet signifies feeling cheated, confused, and can be a source of problems.

I have witnessed this before with this placement specifically. Relying on their "beauty or grace" to receive basic necessities and other goods; only to find that when Saturn comes to square this natal position that all aid has disappeared and they struggle to understand why this is happening.

Saturn square anything has the ability to produce this effect.

Jehan
07-05-2016, 12:23 AM
It's hard to cobble it together. Chris Brennan and Doug Noblehorse have done quite a bit of research on the joys and exaltations, prompted by Schmidt and Project Hindsight. As far as sources specifically postulating their origins, gosh, I don't have those. Every post-Hellenistic text only accepts them as a given, and we have to understand that they are very, very old, and deconstruct them from there. But I suppose you could start with Firmicus, Rhetorius, and Dorotheus. Ptolomy didn't spend any time on the house meanings.

Thank you for this. This is what I was looking for. I have read a bit of Chris Brennan's presentation and is where I first was keyed into the Planetary Joys.

I have read some of an interpretation of Dorotheus as well and need to finish what I have.

Has any leading Astrological researcher presented an interpretation of all of these sources within a published work?

Jehan
07-05-2016, 12:28 AM
Remember, Venus is both the morning and evening star, and represents the two sides of the goddess Ishtar. Looking at the Thema with the joys and exaltations you can begin to understand that the two sides of Venus represent both hedonism, but purity and religion. Jupiter, who rules Pisces, is significant of religious things, as is the Sun who finds his joy in the 9th. In Pisces, Venus becomes the goddess of Purity.

:smile: Beautiful. Thank you.

Jehan
07-06-2016, 11:37 PM
I was doing a bit of reading last night when I came across this;

"Venus is naturally moist, especially in Pisces, in which sign the spring is moistened and forwarded in the increase and strength of nature; and therefore she has the sign of Pisces for her exaltation; and as Venus is the mother of generation and procreation, she has her fall in Virgo, in the autumn, when all things wither and fade." (Sibly, pages 123-124)

Abby83
07-07-2016, 12:10 AM

"Venus is naturally moist, especially in Pisces, in which sign the spring is moistened and forwarded in the increase and strength of nature; and therefore she has the sign of Pisces for her exaltation; and as Venus is the mother of generation and procreation, she has her fall in Virgo, in the autumn, when all things wither and fade." (Sibly, pages 123-124)

But... In Australia, spring is in September, which is ruled by virgo. That's when I feel the most veusian :love:. Also, I always thought being more virgin like was a feminine trait?

Jehan
07-07-2016, 03:54 AM
But... In Australia, spring is in September, which is ruled by virgo. That's when I feel the most veusian :love:. Also, I always thought being more virgin like was a feminine trait?

Righto :wink: Maybe the Virgoan femininity all depends on how one views that beautiful strip of the Milky Way in the heavens there by the Southern Cross or on how the Kookaburra laughs in the Blue Gum right before a storm from the South.

Abby83
07-07-2016, 04:00 AM
Righto :wink: Maybe the Virgoan femininity all depends on how one views that beautiful strip of the Milky Way in the heavens there by the Southern Cross or on how the Kookaburra laughs in the Blue Gum right before a storm from the South.

Haha funny :).

Well one thing I will say is that virgo is a hard working sign, yet venus is about enjoying the pleasures of life. So that's the biggest clash I see with virgo and venus. Venus in pisces can let go more easily.

AppLeo
07-07-2016, 06:06 AM
Venus is about relationships mostly.

Venus in virgo (opposite of venus in pisces) ***** because it's someone who is hypocritical, sees all the negatives, and tries to make this intangible thing called love tangible or something to understand or analyze.. But love doesn't work like that and isn't logical. Seeing the flaws in relationships makes them harder to keep as well.

Venus in pisces works it really well because these people have a blurred sense of love. They see their relationships how they want to see it, completely ignoring the harsh realities. This makes them extremely nice and accepting people making it easy for them to have relationships. Pisces isn't analyzing love, it's picking up the love vibes and feeling them empathically.

Bunraku
07-07-2016, 10:39 AM

More or less the same:

Mercury is of a nature opposite to that of Venus, and is more dry: in opposition to her, therefore, he takes his exaltation in Virgo, in which sign the autumnal dryness makes its first appearance; and he receives his fall in Pisces. Ptolemy, Tetrabiblos. Sacred-texts.com

JUPITERASC
07-07-2016, 11:29 AM
But...
In Australia,
spring is in September,
which is ruled by virgo.

That's when I feel the most veusian :love:.
Also, I always thought being more virgin like was a feminine trait?

A discussion of interest :smile:
EXTREME ZODIAC SAMPLING http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8884

'....The idea is to explore both the tropical and sidereal zodiacs.
People who have a stellium of planets in a sign
or perhaps the professions, life patterns or interests of a number of people with similar planets in a sign.
Challenge is to show the symbolism (in either zodiac) that explains those influences.
For example, why is a sign either tropical Aries or sidereal Pisces?
Maybe extreme sampling using real people can help or at least promote discussion...'

Jehan
07-07-2016, 12:48 PM

or perhaps the professions, life patterns or interests of a number of people with similar planets in a sign.
Challenge is to show the symbolism (in either zodiac) that explains those influences.
Maybe extreme sampling using real people can help or at least promote discussion...'

Agree. Well said.

Abby83
07-07-2016, 01:37 PM

Im too tired to understand what u r saying. I don't understand tropical and sidereal.

anjelik
09-30-2016, 08:31 AM
Haha funny :).

Well one thing I will say is that virgo is a hard working sign, yet venus is about enjoying the pleasures of life. So that's the biggest clash I see with virgo and venus. Venus in pisces can let go more easily.

That's why Venus in Pisces is exalted, like a starving artist type. Venus in Pisces is not motivated by material possession or financial security (like any of the earth signs, for an example). When I think of Venus in Pisces I think of a musician from Shakespeare's time sitting under a tree playing all day. Venus in Pisces gives someone a very sensitive, accepting and forgiving soul. I think Venus in Pisces wants to merge with someone, even if they are unaware of it.

Venus in pisces works it really well because these people have a blurred sense of love. They see their relationships how they want to see it, completely ignoring the harsh realities. This makes them extremely nice and accepting people making it easy for them to have relationships. Pisces isn't analyzing love, it's picking up the love vibes and feeling them empathically.

Yaaaassss. Exactly! When I first met my husband he was "all in" immediately and I couldn't understand it (being a reserved Venus in Cap square Saturn). I even questioned it and kept myself guarded. Now that I know him, I understand how he works - he is all in for loving someone and will give himself totally to someone and show his hand so to speak. That is Venus in Pisces 100%.

Bluebell87
09-30-2016, 11:10 AM
Reading through these posts has been extremely helpful to a current predicament. I too am all in when I find I like someone, and the Venus Virgo is taking its time trying to catch up!

Claire19
10-01-2016, 01:24 AM
As Neptune is the higher octave of Venus and it rules Pisces I guess that as Pisces represents charity, sympathy, kindness, non judgement and that is an expression of love after all and in the exalted unconditional love way.

katydid
10-01-2016, 02:42 AM
That's why Venus in Pisces is exalted, like a starving artist type. Venus in Pisces is not motivated by material possession or financial security (like any of the earth signs, for an example). When I think of Venus in Pisces I think of a musician from Shakespeare's time sitting under a tree playing all day. Venus in Pisces gives someone a very sensitive, accepting and forgiving soul. I think Venus in Pisces wants to merge with someone, even if they are unaware of it.

Yaaaassss. Exactly! When I first met my husband he was "all in" immediately and I couldn't understand it (being a reserved Venus in Cap square Saturn). I even questioned it and kept myself guarded. Now that I know him, I understand how he works - he is all in for loving someone and will give himself totally to someone and show his hand so to speak. That is Venus in Pisces 100%.

As to the bolded above:

YES. We should be thankful to be married to men with Venus in Pisces. It really has been a blessing in many ways. I have a Cap Moon, he has a Cancer Moon.

But the Venus in Pisces, the ruler of his chart, creates such a loving, forgiving, kind hearted soul. We really would not have made it to this 33 yr anniversary if not for his water grand trine . :innocent:

DavidMcCann
10-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Exaltations go back to ancient Mesopotamia, as has already been mentioned, and they were called the dwelling-places of the planets. The creation epic Enuma Elish states that states that when Marduk created the sky he made mansions for the great gods. They would naturally assume that their calendar started with the creation, so the exaltations would be the positions of the planets on 1 Nisanu. That would be the first appearance of the new Moon after the spring equinox, so we have the Sun in Aries and the Moon in Taurus. That puts the cardinal signs on the angles. The MC is in Cancer, and Marduk takes that for himself: the star of Marduk is Jupiter. The IC, Capricorn, is given to the star of Nergal, lord of the Underworld: Mars. Then the Ascendant, Libra, goes to the star of Ninurta, the agricultural god: Saturn. What of Venus, the star of Ishtar? Well, Venus can't be too far from the Sun, the Moon has taken Taurus, so Venus gets Pisces. The extraordinary thing is that the whole system actually works! Or perhaps, not so extraordinary.

Porphyry pointed out an interesting relationship between the exaltations of the planets and their domiciles. The planets are divided into two sects: the solar or diurnal, containing the Sun, Jupiter, and Saturn ; and the lunar, or nocturnal, containing the Moon, Venus, and Mars. The diurnal planets have their exaltations in trine to one of their domiciles, and the nocturnal ones have a sextile between the exaltation and a domicile. So there is a real pattern involved.

JUPITERASC
10-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Exaltations go back to ancient Mesopotamia, as has already been mentioned, and they were called the dwelling-places of the planets. The creation epic Enuma Elish states that states that when Marduk created the sky he made mansions for the great gods. They would naturally assume that their calendar started with the creation, so the exaltations would be the positions of the planets on 1 Nisanu. That would be the first appearance of the new Moon after the spring equinox, so we have the Sun in Aries and the Moon in Taurus. That puts the cardinal signs on the angles. The MC is in Cancer, and Marduk takes that for himself: the star of Marduk is Jupiter. The IC, Capricorn, is given to the star of Nergal, lord of the Underworld: Mars. Then the Ascendant, Libra, goes to the star of Ninurta, the agricultural god: Saturn. What of Venus, the star of Ishtar? Well, Venus can't be too far from the Sun, the Moon has taken Taurus, so Venus gets Pisces.
The extraordinary thing is that the whole system actually works!

Or perhaps, not so extraordinary.

Porphyry pointed out an interesting relationship between the exaltations of the planets and their domiciles.
The planets are divided into two sects: the solar or diurnal, containing the Sun, Jupiter, and Saturn ;
and the lunar, or nocturnal, containing the Moon, Venus, and Mars.
The diurnal planets have their exaltations in trine to one of their domiciles,
and the nocturnal ones have a sextile between the exaltation and a domicile.
So there is a real pattern involved

The pattern you mention - visually illustrated VIA THEMA MUNDI :smile:

http://www.azastrologers.org/Articles/NoblehorseThemaMundi.htm

http://www.azastrologers.org/images/NoblehorseThemaMundi_img_0.jpg

http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/exaltations.jpghttp://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2008/11/16/the-questionable-origins-of-the-exaltations-in-astrology/

NRodin
10-08-2016, 06:38 AM
First off... exalted and debilitation must be taken with salt, and they are meant to convey contrast between relationships. Your analogy to the hole in the wall having sex at best works for a Mars in a Pisces with highly liberal yet destructive tendencies. Love is VERY different from sex-extremely different, and with Venus in Pisces, this is a person who is able to bond with anyone with a strong quality of soul, who fits loose standards physically. The house placement affects everything, and if Pisces and Venus are in the 3rd house, this is a cerebral and psychedelic love, which makes love more of a mental fantasy than a reality. You probably communicate quite lovely, and desire a lover whom can communicate love verbally through the mind.

The person who made the hole in the wall analogy wasn't very bright in my opinion, or was making a bad joke. This sign is exalted because it's ruler Neptune is the higher octave of Venus, because Neptune and Jupiter grant access to dimensions where love takes on new forms, and Venus creates the gateway through pleasure. Remember, not always sexual pleasure, but through romance and appreciation.

waterbaby12
12-10-2016, 08:22 AM
I think I have that?

craft94
12-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Venus in Pisces is what I think when I hear the term "hopeless romantic."

Taurus and Libra (the two signs actually ruled by Venus) aren't all that romantic in my opinion. Taurus is more sensual. Taurus is the more "beauty" side of Venus. Libra is more relational, but relational isn't necessarily the same as romantic. Air signs are more intellectual. Romance implies emotion. Pisces is a water sign ruled by Neptune (the higher octave of Venus): very emotional.

Venus is strong in Pisces but if you view Venus as a "weak" planet to begin with, you personally won't see it as beneficial.

craft94
12-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Hello all,

I'm guessing you're not a very Venusian person then? I personally think being a dreamer is a good thing, it makes you more creative.

I feel the same way about a bunch of other placements. The Sun (ego) is ruled by Leo. Aquarius is it's detriment and Libra is it's fall. But even though it's "weaker" I'd much rather have my Sun in Aqua or Libra because it gives me a better ability to step outside of my ego and see all sides to things, it gives me a better ability to see the bigger picture. There are benefits to having a strong ego - more self-confidence - but I personally get along much better with Aquas and Libras for that reason. Scorpio is considered to be Venus's detriment and my personal experience with this placement is it scares people off but then we're also described as these powerful, sexually magnetic, seductive beings - if that's the case, Venus seems right at home

Your Venus is in the 3rd house. Are you a Capricorn Rising then? That might explain your point of view. Saturn isn't too fond of idealism or strong emotion.

sundaygirl
12-21-2016, 08:24 PM
I have Venus in Pisces - 9th house,and that description " rinky-dinky hole-in-the-wall " looks like my love life !

Predtator
12-22-2016, 08:17 AM
Draamaaaaaa,

I have a Pisces Sun, Venus, Jupiter, Mercury,
Sun, Venus, Mercury 2cd,
Jupiter 3rd.

You're a drama queen. Need to grow up a bit and stop being a victim, I don't think Venus in Pisces in the 3rd was ever a detriment in my life. Not like "**** that Mercury in 3rd in Pisces giving me so much love trouble!" However, my venus is well aspected, trines my Moon, conjuncts Mercury. Squares Uranus though....could be the kink I like every now and then. :love::love:

It's so much more fun to be a Pisces when you stop being a victim. Jus' sayin.

jkxx74
12-22-2016, 12:28 PM
Some very interesting interpretations in this thread! I have that placement myself and have always wondered how it is supposed to work. Hard to say because of an equally strong Neptune that kind of undoes what should be Saturn's control of everything in the chart.

The most memorable description I read came from "The Inner Planets: Building Blocks of Personal Reality" by Liz Greene - a poster hit the nail on the head by pointing out Venus is a selfish planet in that it first and foremost brings enjoyment to its owner and is naturally not concerned with the well-being of others, except for those others Venus finds attractive. So with it being placed in Pisces this others gets extended into everyone potentially cultivating in a Venusian response to just about anyone. With the positives and pitfalls outlined that that entails.

SolarEclipse
12-23-2016, 09:21 PM
Pisces is a mutable sign, ruled by neptune and jupiter. Neptune the imagination, fantasy, hopeless romance. Jupiter is expansion, over dramatic, over exaggerated, etc. Pisces is exalted in venus because in that sign love has no boundaries.

Jadi
03-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Sorry but,
Venus is not exalted in Pisces, it's exalted in Cancer. The moon instead is exalted in Pisces. Why?
Because all the Zodiac follows an anti-clockwise motion and if Venus were to be exalted in Pisces that would defy all the zodiacal logic.
Blame millions of years of misinterpretations. =)

The moon is exalted in Pisces, the most tender sign of the Zodiac. Dreaminess, their poetry, the kindness, the childlike "shyness" are all very similar to the Cancer traits, sign ruled by the Moon. It's the Moon that gives the Pisces natives their absent-mind nature and that "old diva" charm, not Venus, that instead is far more healthy and balanced. Think of a Cancer, Pisces is like that, but more, lol.

Indeed Venus is the symbol for health, while the sign of Pisces is one of the most prone to "addictions"; that wouldn't be a Venus trait at all. In facts the exaltation is the point of maximum expression of a planet.
Do you have a source for that or are you using your big thumb as a reference point?

aquarius7000
03-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Hi,

Interesting thread.

As to the question: "Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!"

There are different ways of explaining this. The most straightforward and 'traditional' way of explaining this is that Pisces, being feminine and moist, best accommodates Venus, where Venus feels like a Queen and most comfortable. Also, through Pisces' water element, Venus can live its infinite love to the fullest and most selflessly, as well as its timeless and boundless appreciation of beauty.
Furthermore, Jupiter, ruler of Pisces, is able to channel Venus' love for sensuality and earthy pleasures towards the higher truth of spirituality. Thus Venus is able to fruit here to its fullest capacity.

In Virgo, a dry sign, Venus falls, as Virgo's earth element limits Venus to earthy and material pleasures.

conspiracy theorist
03-04-2017, 09:07 PM
My thumbs are rather small and slim : )

An Italian genius mind, who I'm unfortunately sure you've never heard about, formulated this very question, "Why is MERCURY exalted in VIRGO, where it is domiciled?", from that point on, the things she found out revolutionized the entire astrology process. She's called Lisa Morpurgo and Italian modern tradition is now based on this. She's never been translated into English.

I just opened a blog on trying to explain this all, because exaltations are traditionally wrong and have caused many misreadings. Especially technical ones.

Check it out if you're interested: anewastrology.wordpress.com

Genius or not, does her new philosophy actually work on real charts?

Abby83
03-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Sorry but,
Venus is not exalted in Pisces, it's exalted in Cancer. The moon instead is exalted in Pisces. Why?
Because all the Zodiac follows an anti-clockwise motion and if Venus were to be exalted in Pisces that would defy all the zodiacal logic.
Blame millions of years of misinterpretations. =)

The moon is exalted in Pisces, the most tender sign of the Zodiac. Dreaminess, their poetry, the kindness, the childlike "shyness" are all very similar to the Cancer traits, sign ruled by the Moon. It's the Moon that gives the Pisces natives their absent-mind nature and that "old diva" charm, not Venus, that instead is far more healthy and balanced. Think of a Cancer, Pisces is like that, but more, lol.

Indeed Venus is the symbol for health, while the sign of Pisces is one of the most prone to "addictions"; that wouldn't be a Venus trait at all. In facts the exaltation is the point of maximum expression of a planet.

This is definitely something to think about. The reasons that you describe
are the reason I'm confused when it comes to pisces. I agree that venus in pisces can be all about romance, fantasies, idealising, atrs, poetry, music. So that is all venus. But the addiction part is not a healthy expression of venus and being mutable either. I get pisces in venus can fall in love over and over again but the sacrifice part of this sign is not something I see healthy for venus. I also agree that the moon is well suited to pisces because of all that emotional and intuitive energy. Scorpio is more of a masculine sign and quite sporty and fit and feisty, but pisces is good for moon. Also, in tarot, there is a card that represents pisces and rules the moon :).

What id like to know is how venus in pisces ppl feel about their bodies? I'll give an example of my experiences. In high school (teenage yrs which is ruled by venus) myself and two other friends had venus in virgo and back then I would say our bodies were immaculate and we were quite confident in using it as an expression with flirting with the opposite sex. It was rather playful and cute. I could not find one flaw physically speaking on either of us. I had another 3 friends who had venus in pisces who had body image issues, puffy skin, fluid retention, overweight, were self conscious and didn't date anyone. How is that a good expression of venus, when they don't self love, have low self esteem and dont date other boys either? I'm not saying they have to date, but they were too scared and they put them below the pedestal they kept putting other ppl on. I also remember a guy who liked me who had venus in pisces and he thought he wasn't good enough, yet I liked him. So, it seems contradictory for venus to be exalted here.

conspiracy theorist
03-05-2017, 04:42 AM
I'll give my point-of-view. I started out with sun signs at 15, and worked my way through modernist approaches, discarded most of it, went to the traditionalist side of things, took what I found to be useful (which is a great deal of it) and, this is where the rubber hit the road, tested it for myself and found that the techniques I decided to use actually worked; this was so because I'd actually listen to the feedback that I'd get which most of the time agreed with my read on the chart.

Why am I saying this? Ideas aren't inherently good just because they are new and interesting, and the same discrimination and critical judgement you use to decide what you will take from the tradition should also be used with regard to new ideas, especially when those ideas are embryonic and untested. My little journey thus far in astro-land indicates that I'm not adverse to leaving behind once held beliefs if there are better ways to doing things.

You have confidence in this new theory; in what way does it rectify the current schools "misunderstanding" and how is it used in actual charts (accuracy of the reading is a different argument than how the new theory is applied to astrological charts)

[deleted attacking comments = Moderator]

aquarius7000
03-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Pisces is a mutable sign, ruled by neptune and jupiter. Neptune the imagination, fantasy, hopeless romance. Jupiter is expansion, over dramatic, over exaggerated, etc. Pisces is exalted in venus because in that sign love has no boundaries.
Hi Solar,

Interesting post. Could you please explain why Pisces has the luxury of being ruled by two planets, and Virgo or Leo don't? I mean there should be some uniform rule or common thread, right, that would make it all look logical when studying rulerships?

ChildOfVenus
03-05-2017, 12:27 PM
I don't like having this placement and I can't see why it's exalted. I think it's the people who don't actually have this placement who feels it's exalted.

david starling
03-05-2017, 04:53 PM
Yeah it would be cool to be explained why rulerships don't make sense ^^
Anyone?

In this case, check the way Neptune and Venus are related in the Chart.

aquarius7000
03-05-2017, 06:56 PM
I don't like having this placement and I can't see why it's exalted. I think it's the people who don't actually have this placement who feels it's exalted.
CoV, I have Venus in Pisces, and I feel blessed as well as that Venus functions better in Pisces than it does even in Libra or Taurus - its domiciles. It all depends on one's perspective, but, astrologically speaking, Venus's love in Pisces, a sign that is selfless and knows no conditions/boundaries, is unconditional and self-sacrificing. Now, some might see it as a sign of weakness or that they get taken for a ride, but, if one were to keep one's negative experiences out of this for a moment, isn't love (Venus) supposed to be just that, all-giving and unconditional (Pisces)?

aquarius7000
03-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Venus in Pisces can be great for that "universal" love you talk about, yes. Yes, and also for all that defines love - selfless, unconditional and all-giving.
You don't find the correctness by seeing if it "fits me well". Take the 12th house, co-significant of Pisces, that's one of the most unlucky positions for Venus. It can't express in all its "expansiveness", and isn't love about opening up? The houses, more than the signs, would suggest the correct placements.
Planets rule signs, not houses. There's a quite a significant difference there.

Abby83
03-05-2017, 10:57 PM
CoV, I have Venus in Pisces, and I feel blessed as well as that Venus functions better in Pisces than it does even in Libra or Taurus - its domiciles. It all depends on one's perspective, but, astrologically speaking, Venus's love in Pisces, a sign that is selfless and knows no conditions/boundaries, is unconditional and self-sacrificing. Now, some might see it as a sign of weakness or that they get taken for a ride, but, if one were to keep one's negative experiences out of this for a moment, isn't love (Venus) supposed to be just that, all-giving and unconditional (Pisces)?

It's great that you see these as good qualities that you enjoy. However, I strongly dislike the qualities you mentioned. Whenever a slow moving planet moves in pisces I see myself as being forced to take on these qualities and I hate them and see them as weak. You come last. You get taken for a ride. Used. Having no boundaries often leads to so much abuse. There is a large amount of venus in pisces ppl who get abused.

Abby83
03-05-2017, 11:02 PM
Venus in Pisces can be great for that "universal" love you talk about, yes. As much as a Saturn in Taurus can be a very good placement or a Moon in Sagittarius. And why should one person with Sun in Capricorn ever think that's a bad placement, for instance? Makes no sense.

You don't find the correctness by seeing if it "fits me well". Take the 12th house, co-significant of Pisces, that's one of the most unlucky positions for Venus. It can't express in all its "expansiveness", and isn't love about opening up? The houses, more than the signs, would suggest the correct placements.

Why is Saturn in Taurus good for moon in sag?

aquarius7000
03-06-2017, 12:39 AM
Planets, Signs, Houses. They're all one inside the other, my dear...My dear, if that were true, then a person with a Leo Sun in the 12th house would live out, going by your logic, the traits of Leo or Pisces (since by your logic sign and house is same, so 12th house should be Pisces)? It is alright to reinvent a subject, but perhaps it might be a good idea to first understand the basics. :)

It's great that you see these as good qualities that you enjoy. However, I strongly dislike the qualities you mentioned. Whenever a slow moving planet moves in pisces I see myself as being forced to take on these qualities and I hate them and see them as weak. You come last. You get taken for a ride. Used. Having no boundaries often leads to so much abuse. There is a large amount of venus in pisces ppl who get abused.I understand the point you are making, but you seem to be speaking from your own experience, or that of someone else, who has that constellation. I have just the very constellation and I don't feel used and abused. My Venus in Pisces works fantastically. You see, we need to look at just that - the planet Venus in the sign of Pisces, and NOT add our own colour to it. If you want to do so, you need to consider your complete chart, NOT just that one constellation. Then it could mean that one person that finds Venus in Pisces as a sign of weakness or abuse, whilst the other person finds that promise a sign of strength and blessing, perhaps then the first person's rest of the chart is causing trouble, not that constellation, whilst the other person's chart is more balanced. :)

ICEYOU28
03-06-2017, 01:20 AM
I'll give my point-of-view. I started out with sun signs at 15, and worked my way through modernist approaches, discarded most of it, went to the traditionalist side of things, took what I found to be useful (which is a great deal of it) and, this is where the rubber hit the road, tested it for myself and found that the techniques I decided to use actually worked; this was so because I'd actually listen to the feedback that I'd get which most of the time agreed with my read on the chart.

Why am I saying this? Ideas aren't inherently good just because they are new and interesting, and the same discrimination and critical judgement you use to decide what you will take from the tradition should also be used with regard to new ideas, especially when those ideas are embryonic and untested. My little journey thus far in astro-land indicates that I'm not adverse to leaving behind once held beliefs if there are better ways to doing things.

You have confidence in this new theory; in what way does it rectify the current schools "misunderstanding" and how is it used in actual charts (accuracy of the reading is a different argument than how the new theory is applied to astrological charts)

[deleted attacking comments = Moderator]

Hi Conspiracy, did you happen to receive my PM I sent you not too long ago?

david starling
03-06-2017, 04:45 AM
My dear, if that were true, then a person with a Leo Sun in the 12th house would live out, going by your logic, the traits of Leo or Pisces (since by your logic sign and house is same, so 12th house should be Pisces)? It is alright to reinvent a subject, but perhaps it might be a good idea to first understand the basics. :)

I understand the point you are making, but you seem to be speaking from your own experience, or that of someone else, who has that constellation. I have just the very constellation and I don't feel used and abused. My Venus in Pisces works fantastically. You see, we need to look at just that - the planet Venus in the sign of Pisces, and NOT add our own colour to it. If you want to do so, you need to consider your complete chart, NOT just that one constellation. Then it could mean that one person that finds Venus in Pisces as a sign of weakness or abuse, whilst the other person finds that promise a sign of strength and blessing, perhaps then the first person's rest of the chart is causing trouble, not that constellation, whilst the other person's chart is more balanced. :)

Here's one way of looking at it: Planets "own" Signs, which in turn, "own" Houses. Planets impart their energies more strongly in some Signs than others, and Signs impart their qualities more effectively in some Houses than in others. The questions then are, does a House actually contain within it some of the innate qualities of the Sign that "owns" it, which it then imparts to whatever Sign is currently "visiting"; and if so, do the Signs as numbered 1 through 12 (beginning with Aries) "own" the Houses with matching numbers?
Or, conversely, are the Houses simply about "fortunate" and "unfortunate" "areas of life" with no connection to Sign-qualites at all?

conspiracy theorist
03-06-2017, 05:15 AM
Hi Conspiracy, did you happen to receive my PM I sent you not too long ago?

Good Ol' Iceyou all about his business. You could resend me the PM and I'll check it out sometime tomorrow.

aquarius7000
03-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Here's one way of looking at it: Planets "own" Signs, which in turn, "own" Houses. Planets impart their energies more strongly in some Signs than others, and Signs impart their qualities more effectively in some Houses than in others. The questions then are, does a House actually contain within it some of the innate qualities of the Sign that "owns" it, which it then imparts to whatever Sign is currently "visiting"; and if so, do the Signs as numbered 1 through 12 (beginning with Aries) "own" the Houses with matching numbers?
Or, conversely, are the Houses simply about "fortunate" and "unfortunate" "areas of life" with no connection to Sign-qualites at all?
David, thanks for sharing your perspective. Going by what you wrote, please explain:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/house_of_joy.html
against
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/signs_of_joy.html

If "planets own signs, and signs, in turn, own houses" (which is actually not the way it works), Sun owns Leo and Leo owns the 5th house? If yes, the Sun should joy in the 5th house, but, instead, it joys in the 9th house. :andy:

david starling
03-06-2017, 03:48 PM
David, thanks for sharing your perspective. Going by what you wrote, please explain:

against

If "planets own signs, and signs, in turn, own houses" (which is actually not the way it works), Sun owns Leo and Leo owns the 5th house? If yes, the Sun should joy in the 5th house, but, instead, it joys in the 9th house. :andy:

Well, the Sun just enjoys going out and visiting the House owned by Sagittarius, instead of staying home in the House of the Sign it rules. Nothing wrong with that! :biggrin:

ICEYOU28
03-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Good Ol' Iceyou all about his business. You could resend me the PM and I'll check it out sometime tomorrow.

Alright I sent it.

david starling
03-06-2017, 10:18 PM

against

With the arrangement I proposed, the Sun should be VERY influential in the 5th House, just as Mars should be in the 1st and Jupiter in the 9th. Notice that with the Sign/House matchups, all three are by nature, Fire-sign Houses, where the Sun would be at its most expressive, especially when it is also in a Fire-sign, and most especially when it's in Leo. Does this run counter to your experience?

AppLeo
03-07-2017, 01:54 AM
Oh I agree totally. Cancer, Taurus and libra are feminine signs so it would make sense that venus is happiest there. However I see pisces as mostly deluded rather than having a feminine or masculine feel. Yes it is submissive and softly spoken, but that's as far as it goes.

Libra is not feminine at all.

Libra is balanced, clear-headed, and logical.

david starling
03-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Libran placements produce classy, intelligent women; and, polite, proficient gentlemen. Using the "Yin" and "Yang" concept instead of "Feminine" and "Masculine", all of the Fire and Air-signs are Yang, which can be defined Astrologically as "Transmissive", and all of the Earth and Water-signs are Yin, defined as "Receptive". Pisces is especially receptive to Venus and the Moon.

aquarius7000
03-07-2017, 11:51 AM
With the arrangement I proposed, the Sun should be VERY influential in the 5th House, just as Mars should be in the 1st and Jupiter in the 9th. Notice that with the Sign/House matchups, all three are by nature, Fire-sign Houses, where the Sun would be at its most expressive, especially when it is also in a Fire-sign, and most especially when it's in Leo. Does this run counter to your experience?
Please read up a bit on why the Sun's house of joy is the 9th and not the 1st or the 5th. You might think differently then.

jkxx74
03-07-2017, 05:02 PM
This is definitely something to think about. The reasons that you describe
are the reason I'm confused when it comes to pisces. I agree that venus in pisces can be all about romance, fantasies, idealising, atrs, poetry, music. So that is all venus. But the addiction part is not a healthy expression of venus and being mutable either. I get pisces in venus can fall in love over and over again but the sacrifice part of this sign is not something I see healthy for venus. I also agree that the moon is well suited to pisces because of all that emotional and intuitive energy. Scorpio is more of a masculine sign and quite sporty and fit and feisty, but pisces is good for moon. Also, in tarot, there is a card that represents pisces and rules the moon .

What id like to know is how venus in pisces ppl feel about their bodies? I'll give an example of my experiences. In high school (teenage yrs which is ruled by venus) myself and two other friends had venus in virgo and back then I would say our bodies were immaculate and we were quite confident in using it as an expression with flirting with the opposite sex. It was rather playful and cute. I could not find one flaw physically speaking on either of us. I had another 3 friends who had venus in pisces who had body image issues, puffy skin, fluid retention, overweight, were self conscious and didn't date anyone. How is that a good expression of venus, when they don't self love, have low self esteem and dont date other boys either? I'm not saying they have to date, but they were too scared and they put them below the pedestal they kept putting other ppl on. I also remember a guy who liked me who had venus in pisces and he thought he wasn't good enough, yet I liked him. So, it seems contradictory for venus to be exalted here.
Hi Abby,

your post is interesting with the points you bring up so I'll go over a few. I think the greatest benefit to having Venus in Pis is the ability to forgive since being unforgiving often causes pain and suffering for both people involved in the transaction. On the other hand, that is also its downfall because forgiving people who are ready and willing to exploit you is not a very "smart" thing to do and these are the kinds of people who will approach someone with this placement first and foremost. Addictions are a negative that comes with any Neptune placement and is also another downer but you could see these exist for the person to do damage to themselves instead of lashing out at another, if at all possible. So going back to the original question, it would be about encouraging self or others to give people the benefit of the doubt which is otherwise not very common in life.

Moon in Pisces sounds like a rough placement if my Moon-Neptune is any indication - being too exposed to the emotions of others can be overwhelming even for someone with an Aries sun or other fiery placement even though it's great for dealing with people you know. While the Moon should feel at home in the water signs this one seems pretty challenging to me.

As for your question on how people with Venus in Pis feel, it is just like the people you described so far including the high school bit, but I'd caution against chalking this up to the Venus placement and looking for Saturn or Chiron as sources of low self esteem. Pisces is an introverted sign though so someone with Venus in it is not going to be especially sensitive to the "normal" social cues unless they have other placements that promote this - or put another way, they'll rarely fire the first shot.

Abby83
03-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Libran placements produce classy, intelligent women; and, polite, proficient gentlemen. Using the "Yin" and "Yang" concept instead of "Feminine" and "Masculine", all of the Fire and Air-signs are Yang, which can be defined Astrologically as "Transmissive", and all of the Earth and Water-signs are Yin, defined as "Receptive". Pisces is especially receptive to Venus and the Moon.

Thank you David. Very nice of you to say and I agree :kissing:.

Please read up a bit on why the Sun's house of joy is the 9th and not the 1st or the 5th. You might think differently then.

This is quite interesting if I understand correctly. Like my husband's 5th is in his 5th and I must say he is 'at home' when it comes to sports. He literally does not leave the house and enjoys 5th house activities (including children). He just sits and stares at them at home. He doesn't leave the house!

Hi Abby,

your post is interesting with the points you bring up so I'll go over a few. I think the greatest benefit to having Venus in Pis is the ability to forgive since being unforgiving often causes pain and suffering for both people involved in the transaction. On the other hand, that is also its downfall because forgiving people who are ready and willing to exploit you is not a very "smart" thing to do and these are the kinds of people who will approach someone with this placement first and foremost. Addictions are a negative that comes with any Neptune placement and is also another downer but you could see these exist for the person to do damage to themselves instead of lashing out at another, if at all possible. So going back to the original question, it would be about encouraging self or others to give people the benefit of the doubt which is otherwise not very common in life.

Moon in Pisces sounds like a rough placement if my Moon-Neptune is any indication - being too exposed to the emotions of others can be overwhelming even for someone with an Aries sun or other fiery placement even though it's great for dealing with people you know. While the Moon should feel at home in the water signs this one seems pretty challenging to me.

As for your question on how people with Venus in Pis feel, it is just like the people you described so far including the high school bit, but I'd caution against chalking this up to the Venus placement and looking for Saturn or Chiron as sources of low self esteem. Pisces is an introverted sign though so someone with Venus in it is not going to be especially sensitive to the "normal" social cues unless they have other placements that promote this - or put another way, they'll rarely fire the first shot.

Well said :).

sylph
03-08-2017, 01:26 AM
This is just my opinion (and I may have read others state this before as well), but let's take Neptune in Libra, for instance. Wouldn't you think that this energy is one of refining/idealizing/uplifting the expression of beauty, partnership and equality? So Venus in Pisces, perhaps, could have some similarity. Those words -- refining, idealizing and uplifting -- might even fall into the same category as "exalting."

With Neptune in Taurus, I'd say there is a need to refine or uplift one's demonstration of sensuality, abundance, etc. Again, this is something that would make sense for Venus in Pisces: the need to elevate such earthly matters to a more ethereal/spiritual expression.

Of course, this would all be much different if I were saying Jupiter in Libra or Jupiter in Taurus. I feel that Jupiter simply expands rather than refines. Jupiter transiting my natal Venus in the past has almost always caused my love life to expand (i.e., I get involved with someone very deeply), but -- surprise, surprise -- these relationships were with shady and sociopathic guys. This, however, might have to do with my natal Venus square Neptune; it's like a feedback loop lol. So yes, I do see the "downside" of Piscean energy: the rose-colored glasses, excessive idealization leaving you open to being taken advantage of or abused, etc. But I don't think Venus in Pisces alone is responsible for this. There just may be somewhat of a challenge to remain clear-headed and not let your extreme love/idealizing keep you from having boundaries. I don't mean to sound unsympathetic to those who struggle with this placement, but you just have to realize when you are overextending yourself and try to keep that in check. Ultimately, though, there is the benefit of refinement with Venus in Pisces. The path to get there doesn't always feel good; it's not easy to refine and purify one's expression of a particular energy. But we all end up having to do that in various areas, depending on either Pisces placements, the house that Pisces rules, Neptune's placement, 12th house placements, etc.

tripleooo
03-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Just wanted to throw my two cents in. I've recently been trying to get some information about the traditional astrology and stumbled upon the book "Astrology: Understanding the Birth Chart" by Kevin Burk. There is some information I found to be useful and the book provides the descriptions of each planet in each sign. The following is the direct quote from the book describing Venus in Pisces:

Venus in Pisces… finally finds the perfect balance between the emotional/spiritual nature of the element of water, and Venus’ drive to relate to all things beautiful and harmonious. Venus is exalted in Pisces, and operates on the level of the higher self. Pisces energy is about dissolving the boundaries between us, letting go of the illusions of separation, and reconnecting with the true source of the universe. Venus in Pisces ultimately understands that when we relate to other individuals, and to things of beauty and balance, we’re really relating to the universe, and trying to rediscover our connection to the perfection of all creation. Venus in Pisces finds letting go of outdated structures and conventions in relationships very easy and natural. Pisces still operates on the emotional and spiritual plane, but the emotional connections that Venus makes in Pisces are far more gentle than those it creates in Cancer and Scorpio.

So I guess this answers the question of why Venus is exalted in Pisces. My friend has her Venus in Pisces. She falls in love easily and the way she sees love is wonderful and inspiring... She can really find beauty in every person and doesn't judge others based on their looks. Maybe sometimes Venus in Pisces can make a person overly idealistic and they're often not as loyal in relationships as, say, Taurus, but I think it's obvious that it's still a very strong position and questioning Venus' strength here is unreasonable.

david starling
03-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Venus :love: Pisces

Abby83
03-09-2017, 04:40 AM
Venus :love: Pisces

What are you saying?

david starling
03-09-2017, 06:06 AM
What are you saying?

Venus is extremely benevolent in Pisces. [IMO] it's an excellent placement.

AppLeo
03-09-2017, 06:09 AM
I honestly think Venus in Virgo is better.

Venus-Virgo discriminates the things it loves and doesn't love.

Venus in Pisces loves everything for no reason.

david starling
03-09-2017, 06:35 AM
I honestly think Venus in Virgo is better.

Venus-Virgo discriminates the things it loves and doesn't love.

Venus in Pisces loves everything for no reason.

I have Venus in Aquarius, and I find Virgoan people quite loveable.

AppLeo
03-09-2017, 07:02 AM
I have Venus in Aquarius, and I find Virgoan people quite loveable.

Does someone with their Moon in Virgo count as a Virgoan person?

aquarius7000
03-09-2017, 09:03 AM
@Aquarius and David

The ecliptic that moves around the earth is our starting point. The Zodiac. In that sky-strip first "we" found some stars moving in it, named them and then divided that sky wheel into 12 equal segments-constellations. Conventionally "we" made Aries the first sign of the sequence; but it is recorded of a starting point, in old Mesopotamia, placed in Taurus (the equinox processions).

If we established Aries was our starting point, this means that, more than the signs, a planet takes the feature of the house it is located, but that's actually inaccurate. It's a mix of both things.
Establishing that the houses have the same characters of the corresponding signs, tells us exactly about the PLACEMENT of the planets. In a strictly theoretical manner. House-location. Sign-character. You see? It's all connected.

A Sun in 12th house takes indeed the features of the 12th house. That's basic astrology. Even if you're a Leo.

From Wikipedia, about Thema Mundi
"The purely symbolic nature of the chart is readily perceived from the impossible positions of Venus and Mercury in it.[2]
The chart significantly diverges from the theory that the houses and the signs are directly correlated. "Moonris, that it's all connected, nobody denies. It's all Astrology still. Hands and arms and feet are all connected, of course, too. They are all part of the human anatomy. But, does that mean that hands=feet? No.
What I am trying to make a point of is that sign=house is not the way it works. Your own example shows that. Even in the 5th house, which people equate to Leo, the Sun does not rejoice (though the Sun rules Leo). The 5th is the house of joy of Venus! Why? Since, the 5th stands for things we rejoice doing, that we like (and are not routine), hobbies, romances - all that is Venus.

The Sun rejoices in the 9th. Why? In traditional Astrology, Sol (the Sun) is associated with divinity, a place where the truth comes to light and spreads like the rays of the Sun, and good counsel. However, going by some of the 'logic' on this thread, the 9th house should be where Jupiter should rejoice because the 9th house should be Sag. per the logic on this thread. However, Jupiter rejoices in the 11th house of good fortune, friendships and generosity - all those are qualities of Jupiter.

We can continue the discussion here till we turn blue in the face, but, honestly, suggest one gets a good traditional Astrology book to get a hang of this subject, if one is really interested. A Wikipedia or a Cafe Astrology site is handy, but not thorough. :sideways:
Look for Tikana's posts and start out with Christian Astrology. THere's a free link to that book in her posts.

Abby83
03-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Venus is extremely benevolent in Pisces. [IMO] it's an excellent placement.

I'm a Virgo Venus ...

aquarius7000
03-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Venus is extremely benevolent in Pisces. [IMO] it's an excellent placement.Precisely. Pisces is where Venus can live its inherent qualities of love and compassion to the fullest and unconditionally (which does not happen even in Taurus and Libra). That is why Venus is exalted in Pisces, and exaltations are stronger even than dignities (which show only rulerships).

Venus, however, is weak in Virgo - a sign firstly that is cold and dry, and a sign, whose earthiness is too into critical details, which is the opposite nature of Venus.

To those with Venus in Virgo, please do not jump about Venus being weak in Virgo. That does not mean, per se, that you will not be able to find love or not love yourself. Look holistically at the houses that Venus rules and see how strong those area of life are for you. Also, see if benevolent Jupiter or a strong Moon aspects Venus to strengthen it.

david starling
03-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Does someone with their Moon in Virgo count as a Virgoan person?

The Moon can be used in place of the Sun as an identity-marker. So can the Ascendant.

Abby83
03-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Precisely. Pisces is where Venus can live its inherent qualities of love and compassion to the fullest and unconditionally (which does not happen even in Taurus and Libra). That is why Venus is exalted in Pisces, and exaltations are stronger even than dignities (which show only rulerships).

Venus, however, is weak in Virgo - a sign firstly that is cold and dry, and a sign, whose earthiness is too into critical details, which is the opposite nature of Venus.

To those with Venus in Virgo, please do not jump about Venus being weak in Virgo. That does not mean, per se, that you will not be able to find love or not love yourself. Look holistically at the houses that Venus rules and see how strong those area of life are for you. Also, see if benevolent Jupiter or a strong Moon aspects Venus to strengthen it.

This forum is too obsessed with Pisces. I love my Virgo planets and think Virgo is one of the best signs in the zodiac. Everyone is different and I must say I'm mostly attracted to Venus in Virgo men and women myself. I don't see it as a flaw at all. I prefer their qualities to be quite honest. That's why I'm not a fan of this whole exalted planets. Eg say venus in Virgo represents a woman's hb in her chart. Some may say he's socially weak. But the woman might like that he's shy and a virgin who can tame her. Everyone is different. I'd really like to see how this forum will survive when slower planets enter Gemini and Virgo. That will shake it up!

david starling
03-09-2017, 11:08 PM
This forum is too obsessed with Pisces. I love my Virgo planets and think Virgo is one of the best signs in the zodiac. Everyone is different and I must say I'm mostly attracted to Venus in Virgo men and women myself. I don't see it as a flaw at all. I prefer their qualities to be quite honest. That's why I'm not a fan of this whole exalted planets. Eg say venus in Virgo represents a woman's hb in her chart. Some may say he's socially weak. But the woman might like that he's shy and a virgin who can tame her. Everyone is different. I'd really like to see how this forum will survive when slower planets enter Gemini and Virgo. That will shake it up!

Virgo seems to be a very misunderstood and unappreciated Sign. Personally, I see it as THE "Sky-sign", with a direct connection to Earth's atmosphere. The archetype I use for it is mainly Athena, wise in the art of maintaining an abundant, harmonious civilization, but eminently capable of defending it through the art of war. I think Virgoans in general are intuitively keeping a low profile, sort of like being "cloaked".

aquarius7000
03-10-2017, 12:24 AM
This forum is too obsessed with Pisces. I love my Virgo planets and think Virgo is one of the best signs in the zodiac. Everyone is different and I must say I'm mostly attracted to Venus in Virgo men and women myself. I don't see it as a flaw at all. I prefer their qualities to be quite honest. That's why I'm not a fan of this whole exalted planets. Eg say venus in Virgo represents a woman's hb in her chart. Some may say he's socially weak. But the woman might like that he's shy and a virgin who can tame her. Everyone is different. I'd really like to see how this forum will survive when slower planets enter Gemini and Virgo. That will shake it up!Not sure you read carefully - but we are discussing exaltations and falls. And, no matter how emotional or passionate one becomes about Virgo or Pisces, like there are rules/formulae in Science and Maths, similarly there are too in Astrology. And, the fall of Venus in Virgo or the exaltation of Venus in Pisces is just that!

david starling
03-10-2017, 07:55 AM
Not sure you read carefully - but we are discussing exaltations and falls. And, no matter how emotional or passionate one becomes about Virgo or Pisces, like there are rules/formulae in Science and Maths, similarly there are too in Astrology. And, the fall of Venus in Virgo or the exaltation of Venus in Pisces is just that!

How does Neptune's modern rulership of Pisces factor in to these rules and formulae? :unsure: Given that "Dignities and Debilities" is specifically Traditional terminology, maybe this section should be moved into the Traditional forum.

aquarius7000
03-10-2017, 10:24 AM
How does Neptune's modern rulership of Pisces factor in to these rules and formulae? :unsure: Given that "Dignities and Debilities" is specifically Traditional terminology, maybe this section should be moved into the Traditional forum.I am the wrong person to ask, since I don't subscribe to Ura/Nep/Plu as sign rulers as there is no logic behind that modern rule for me. Plain rebellion against tradition doesn't do it. :)

Rhiannon228
02-20-2018, 09:17 PM
I'm a Pisces sun, Mercury and Mars and my Venus is in the 12th, so I hope this still counts. From my perspective, I love EVERYONE. If people with Venus in Pisces feel the way that I do about others, I completely understand why it's exalted in Pisces.
I TRULY feel a deep love and compassion for every living being. I believe in kindness. My love for others is almost impersonal. Meaning that I feel love and friendship as much with the stranger at the bookstore as I do for my friends and family. I just feel love for everyone and everything.
Just my two cents ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

david starling
02-21-2018, 04:59 AM
I'm a Pisces sun, Mercury and Mars and my Venus is in the 12th, so I hope this still counts. From my perspective, I love EVERYONE. If people with Venus in Pisces feel the way that I do about others, I completely understand why it's exalted in Pisces.
I TRULY feel a deep love and compassion for every living being. I believe in kindness. My love for others is almost impersonal. Meaning that I feel love and friendship as much with the stranger at the bookstore as I do for my friends and family. I just feel love for everyone and everything.

Aquarian Moon?

aquarius7000
02-21-2018, 10:11 AM
Ditto that. I greet the door/security person or toilet cleaner-person at work just the same as I do my boss. I smile at every homeless and do what I can on a daily basis, instead of frowning at them and thinking - they are living off of my tax money. Stopping and helping a blind person cross the busy roads of nyc comes naturally to me. I also have a big heart for animals.
Nothing beats Venus in Pisces that will selflessly do for others, and that is the reason it is exalted in Pisces.

Abby83
05-11-2018, 07:26 AM
I was thinking about Venus in Pisces lately and this is how I feel.

I think Venus in Virgo natives have physical beauty, but lack self love. They work too hard to get love but their bodies are immaculate. So there is a good level of physical beauty.

With Venus in Pisces on the other hand, I don't think it's exalted here because of physical beauty. Sometimes I wonder if its just my opinion but then I check with other ppl and they agree with the idea that Pisces Venus are not as physically appealing, especially when it comes to skin and muscle tone.

So why is Venus exalted in Pisces? It's the qualities. The selfless love, the gentleness and positive appreciation of others, receptivity, fantasy, artistic interests, and emotions.

Venus in Taurus and Libra on the other hand has both physical and emotional beauty.

AppLeo
05-11-2018, 07:41 AM
I don't think Venus determines physical beauty at all.

I've seen ugly and attractive of all Venus sign placements.

Gigi Gorgeous has Venus in Pisces. Don't tell me she isn't physically attractive.

https://goo.gl/images/qiXmiD

Abby83
05-11-2018, 08:03 AM

Gigi Gorgeous has Venus in Pisces. Don't tell me she isn't physically attractive.

That's exactly my point.

As for Gigi, she's hideous.

AppLeo
05-11-2018, 08:16 AM
That's exactly my point.

As for Gigi, she's hideous.

Hideous how?

Abby83
05-11-2018, 08:23 AM
Hideous how?

Fake. The lips and glass eyes. Plastering layers of make up doesn't make you beautiful. Everything in the face looks fake. And I haven't even seen the body. If she's gonna go as far as being plastic, she should at least try to look as good as barbie.

jkxx74
05-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Correct, according to this book (https://www.amazon.com/Inner-Planets-Building-Psychological-Astrology/dp/0877287414) and I'm inclined to agree. Venus instead shows what we value and find beautiful although it is synchronistically echoed by the personality somehow.

Though it was Abby's comment which brought me here since I agree with her definitions of the various placements.

As for self-love problems the Sun and Venus can create the minor semi-square aspect although they can't be in any other aspect excepting the conjunction and I think that semi-square tends to have this quality.

Abby83
05-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Venus instead shows what we value and find beautiful although it is synchronistically echoed by the personality somehow.

I'm so happy to see others sharing the same views about venus.

Abby83
05-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Well I cant watch a video now so ive got no idea what it's about.

david starling
05-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Well I cant watch a video now so ive got no idea what it's about.

It's a Traditional pattern that excludes the outer 3 Planets.

JUPITERASC
05-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Well I cant watch a video now
so ive got no idea what it's about.

l8rs then :smile:

It's a Traditional pattern that excludes the outer 3 Planets.

recent - just published 10 May 2018

and discusses
ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES and DEBILITIES in Traditional Astrology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVz6xT7yHDs

it's episode 156 of Astrology Podcast
Charles Obert discussing in detail essential dignities
and debilities
and
how ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES & DEBILITIES are used
to determine the condition of a planet in an astrological chart.

Abby83
05-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Ppl on this forum have spoken before about how the condition of the planet shows whether a person is challenged or not. I get that.

Abby83
05-13-2018, 06:06 AM

Just to add to my point...

Whilst I find Gigi and my mil unattractive, I find rihanna and Penelope Cruz very attractive women, yet they all have Venus in Pisces. So to me it seems almost impossible to see astrologically if a person is attractive.

aquarius7000
05-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Venus says a lot about physical beauty. A lot. Both physical as well as inner beauty and internal harmony. An important factor to add to the aspect of physical beauty is the Asc.
The placement of the Moon can also be taken into account, but Venus and the Asc. certainly are the most important considerations for physical beauty. Look for what aspects the Asc. makes by major aspects, for instance.

Consider the chart of universally accepted beautiful women - Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, Angelina Jolie. Look at how Venus aspects the Asc. in their case.

mystic22
02-17-2019, 08:25 PM
Hi

"Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!"
Because since Horoscope was created (Ancient India by Vedas) Pisces all the time were Overrated by the astrologers

Abby83
02-20-2019, 10:10 AM
Hi

"Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!"
Because since Horoscope was created (Ancient India by Vedas) Pisces all the time were Overrated by the astrologers

Lol good one.

mystic22
02-20-2019, 10:25 AM
Hi

Pisces is the most Overrated zodiac sign along with Libra and Leo! Since horoscope was created in ancient India by Vedas then in Medieval Europe through Renaissance till today century XXI Pisces, Leo, Libra all the time were Overrated and Astrologers Favourite Signs!

Astrologers studied every detail to make these 3 signs perfect, position in zodiac wheel, planets in domicile-exaltation-detriment-fall, element, opposite sign Everything was thoroughly studied !!

Pisces doesnt deserve so many good things... Jupiter+Venus+Neptune+Water now insatisfied astrologers and pisces want more and more now they want the sun, the moon, the sky, the world, the air, the fire they are possessive. Why astrologers didnt put mars, uranus or pluto in pisces??

Do you know what?? OSAMA BIN LADEN, FLOYD MAYWETHER, ADOLF EICHMANN, CHUCK NORRIS ARE PISCES!!!!!!!!!!!