PDA

View Full Version : what are signals of Blindness

danyal_303
12-20-2006, 11:19 AM
hello greetings .
you please I want to learn this lesson
what are signals of ( Blindness )and its cause in Natal Chart
which planets causes that and in which house does it exist in Natal Chart .
I thank you for help me thanks

virgo96019
12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Not sure about blindness but aries/mars rules the head.
virgo

Betelgeuse
12-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Hello,

I believe this thread should be moved to medical astrology section, not so much psychology about this subject.

Like virgo96019 said, Aries/Mars rules the head, but there is more.

Aries shows both eyes.
Leo can often show both eyes, expecialy left.
Sagittaurius can often show both eyes, expecialy right.

House 1st shows health, physical appereance and head, whit eyes along.
House 6th, acute and/or painful medical disorders.
House 12th, cronical and/or long medical disorders.
House 8th, house of accidents, end and transformation, also regeneration sometimes.

If these houses are empty, check thier ruler, sometimes I check those even if the houses are filled whit planets.

I cannot tell what particular planet rules blindness or aspects, cause in a chart we need to see it in holistical point of view. In medical astrology it's reputated that Sun, Moon, Mercury and Mars can give defective eyesight and even blindness, if they appear bad in our charts. This is only if these planets show the head along whit a bad medical predisposition to the eyes.
Even so, these planets could show problems related to the head, but sometimes not to eyes at all. Some astrologers know many fixed stars as the most powerfull indicators of blindness.

Here are some fixed stars that can show defective eyesight or even blindness:

Only conjunctions could be used, at a orb of maximum 1 tolerance. ( some use 1.2 acording to some particular fixed stars and object contact involved )

http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/PHYSICALDEFECTS.html ( link )

Draco
12-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Afflictions to the luminaries are likely to have involvement with blindness, for it is by virtue of light that we are able to see at all.

If blindness affects just one eye, then the right eye in males is said to be embodied in the Sun and the left the Moon, for females it is the other way around.

There are several fixed stars said to be associated with blindness and deficiencies of sight, among them are the Andromeda nebula (Ari27), Capulus (Tau24), The Pleiades (Tau29), The Hyades (Gem5), Ensis (Gem23), Prasepe (Leo7), Copula (Vir25), Foramen (Lib22), Aculeus (Sag25), Acumen (Sag28), Spiculum (Cap0), Facies (Cap8) and Manubrium (Cap14).

The sixth house and it's ruler pertain to all that does not function properly physically.

I often think of Libra, as a 'blind' sign, because it is the only symbol of the zodiac that is not equipped with eyes, and justice, is supposed to be blind.

Are you thinking in terms of a person being born blind or becoming blind?

Frisiangal
12-20-2006, 09:23 PM
I often think of Libra, as a 'blind' sign, because it is the only symbol of the zodiac that is not equipped with eyes, and justice, is supposed to be blind.

That is, indeed, an astute observation. According to my med. astrology book, Libra being the opposite end of the axis with Aries, associated with the eyes, can also play a role in blindness through its rulership of the kidneys. Diabetes Mellitus, a Libra disorder, can also effect the eyesight. Through Venus, we all know where the saying 'Love is Blind' now comes from.....No wonder so many of us need spectacles:p.

The book also mentioned the strong association with specific fixed stars, that I had never read in any med. astr. book before. They usually only refer to planets and signs.

F.

F.

Virinchi
12-21-2006, 03:35 AM
watch out for afflictions and bad placements of sun,moon and venus
and also if 2nd, 11th and 12th houses are anyway badly afflicted by malefics

Draco
12-21-2006, 07:46 AM
That is, indeed, an astute observation. According to my med. astrology book, Libra being the opposite end of the axis with Aries, associated with the eyes, can also play a role in blindness through its rulership of the kidneys. Diabetes Mellitus, a Libra disorder, can also effect the eyesight. Through Venus, we all know where the saying 'Love is Blind' now comes from

Interesting observations there Fris.

I'm very interested in all the ways in which signs can be grouped, such as bestial signs, bicorporeal signs, voice signs etc., but never anywhere have I seen Libra regarded as blind in that he has no eyes, but this makes sense.

Your comments have made me even more sure that Libra is the blind sign. Not only in that Libra is the only symbol without any goggles, but also in that both justice and love, both Libran concerns, are both said to be blind. Thanks for those extra ideas.

In order for us to put the various ideas pertaining to blindness to examination, can anyone think of some reliable birth data for blind or blinded persons? We could then take this to the medical section and explore.

I tried to look for the data of Stevie Wonder, but his birth time seems to be completely unknown.

which planets causes that and in which house does it exist in Natal Chart .

The luminaries and the sixth house. I imagine that you ask this question in reference to a particular individual who is blind or was blinded.

Do you have the natal data?

Shining Ray
12-21-2006, 08:00 AM
I looked at Stevie Wonders chart yesterday and he has a Libra Ascendant (if I remembered right, :rolleyes: ). I will post the chart later. On the Guess who thread the woman is blind but she became blind after she was born due to an illness.

I read a couple of things on the web about blindness, one article was talking about harmonics (I don't understand harmonics, so I couldn't really examine the charts to see if this idea worked. I will post the information later, for you more advanced astrologers. ;) )

Frisiangal
12-21-2006, 08:32 AM
[quote=Draco]
In order for us to put the various ideas pertaining to blindness to examination, can anyone think of some reliable birth data for blind or blinded persons? We could then take this to the medical section and explore./quote]

A number of years ago I did a study on 10 people from the group that an acquaintance associated with, who all suffered from the same 'eye complaint' (can't remember the name), hoping to find a common factor. I'll try to find the charts and post the data.......... then you can do the same.:D

F.

Draco
12-21-2006, 08:34 AM
I looked at Stevie Wonders chart yesterday and he has a Libra Ascendant

I was actually trying to look up Stevie Wonder's data yesterday in response to this thread. I was unable to find a birth time though.

Where did you obtain the data for his birth time?

Draco
12-21-2006, 08:36 AM
I'll try to find the charts and post the data

That will be interesting. What was the nature of this eye complaint?

Shining Ray
12-21-2006, 08:37 AM
Here is Stevie Wonder's Chart (I got the chart from Astrotheme)

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3889/stevieqk4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Draco
12-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Agh! I was really hoping you wouldn't say that you got his chart from Astrotheme, which is a mine of misinformation.:o

The thing about Astrotheme is, that when you have trawled the internet looking for birth times for celebrities, even those that never seem to have birth times listed anywhere else, Astrotheme always seems to have one, which causes me to question this, because where is the other information that reinforces the 4.15pm birth?

When a celebrity has birth time recorded as being the same all over the place, then we can feel more sure that it is reliably correct, but as Stevie's birth time is only to be found on Astrotheme (as far as I'm aware), I wouldn't trust this chart, unless information crops up elsewhere to confirm this. :(

danyal_303
12-21-2006, 10:45 AM
hello greetings

I thank you for answer thanks

Draco
12-21-2006, 11:13 AM
I think I speak on behalf of us all when I say that you're very welcome Danyal. :)

Virinchi.

Re-reading the thread, to this response, I must beg the question 'why?':

watch out for afflictions and bad placements of sun,moon and venus
and also if 2nd, 11th and 12th houses are anyway badly afflicted by malefics

This is potentially interesting, but it's just an eternal bug-bear of mine, very Virgoan I know, to be told that something is so without being told why this is the case. The information is of little use otherwise.

Frisiangal
12-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Here are the charts for the 'eye complaint' ( Retinitis Pigmentosa) study, strong sight reduction but not totally blind, most of which manifested after birth:

Albert: 15.10.1950, approx. 11.30 a.m, Djakarta, Indonesia.
Manifestation around 46th year. ( Result of diabetes?)

Ineke: 14.06.1959, 11.03a.m, Amsterdam.
hereditary. Manifestation around 30th year.

Gerry: 04.01.1933, 11.55a.m, Krommenie, Netherlands.
Manifestation in 1990.

Gea (friend): 10.05.1943, 21.05, Hoogwoud, Netherlands.
Manifestation in 7th year. Heriditary.

Margriet: 03.03.1934, 10.18a.m, Geldrop, Netherlands.
Hereditary.

Belinda: 02.09.1981, approx. 4.00a.m, Gorinchem, Netherlands.
From early childhood.

Gerard: 22.01.1985, approx. 2.30a.m, Amsterdam.
From birth. 'Achondroplasie'

Geert: 12.10.1946, 16.40, Hoorn, Netherlands.
From birth.

Lynn: 7.05.1976, birthtime unknown, Grootebroek, Netherlands.
from 14th year.

Mario: 18.04.1953, birthtime unknown, Corfu, Greece.
From 12th year.

The 1 common factor in all was the harshly aspected Saturn (reduced light?), and to Chiron in most cases.

For the rest?......Have fun.:)

F.

jagetoile
12-21-2006, 01:26 PM
deleted post.

Shining Ray
12-21-2006, 02:26 PM
I looked into the cause for his blindness. And when Stevie Wonder was born he was given too much oxygen as a baby which lead to the blindness.

In his chart Mars in Virgo 12th - Damage done by Medical Workers in the hospital.

Mars = Damage
Virgo = Medical Workers
12th house = Hospital/Incubator

Mars is disposited by Mercury retrograde in the 8th Conjunct the Sun square to Pluto.

Mercury = Breathing
Sun = eyes/Blindness
Pluto = Severe Disability

Also I was thinking about when your first born (Asc) he has Neptune (ruler of 6th) in Libra an Air sign which could represent the confusion over supply of Air he was to suppose to receive or -(carelessness Mars/Virgo/12th). An overwhelming (Neptune) of Air (Libra) to the physical body (1st).

I have links for the medical information I will put them up later. I am not s medical Astrologer so this analysis is just a possibility.

Betelgeuse
12-21-2006, 05:11 PM
I'd like to add some things that I saw.

Stivies's chart look's very obvious to me when it comes to blindness. Look at the Neptune ( 6th ruler too ) ! It's Rx and conjuncts the ASC while opposing Venus and Moon.

The worst malefic reputation Neptune has it's about bieng blind from the reality. I think this can be aplied to medical as well, not seeing the reality. Therefore showing physical blindness or bad eyesight.

Also Neptune show's illusions, in medical atrology, if this planet affects a place related to the eye's, which ASC shows the face, could indicate blindness or bad eyesight.

Rx means he done something bad in a past life. He refused to see the real world and has build a reality of his own, illusionary and running from the tasks of the real world. This life, because he refused the reality in the past, now he will not see it.

Neptune in this chart means he has obtain a high understanding in this life, which in past he didn't have it.

Claire19
12-28-2006, 05:30 AM
I have tried to upload a chart of a completely blind girl from birth but no luck. The indications we need to look at are Mercury for senses, Mars for head area including eyes, Sun for the light, Saturn for the restriction and Neptune for the loss. The ruler of the 6th and 1st and any planets aspecting there.

Her details are 23 July 1999 at 3pm Sydney Australia.

We can see that she has bad aspect from Mercury to Mars. Mercury rules her 6th house of health issues. Sun in Leo in the 8th conjunct Mercury, denoting major psychological issues to overcome. Moon conjunct Pluto in 12th ruled by Scorpio, major issues, ills, neuroses and karmic weaknesses and handicapped condition. Her chart ruler Saturn opposite Mars. Her Sun is square Mars and indicates influence from her father's side, a genetic weakness which causes this rare condition.Her mother and father are genetically incompatible and have caused this condition. Moon conjunct Pluto in 12th denotes also her mother's influence. Her mother is the Sagittarius sign denoted by this aspect and is enormously influential in her life and responsible largely for her education and positive attitude to life. Her mother has written books in Braille for the blind. (Sagittarius)

I believe that Neptune plays a part and she has challenging aspects with Mars, Jupiter, Sun and Mercury.

Anyone who is blind will have different aspects and there are myriad combinations. However Mars, Mercury, Sun, Rising sign and ruler plus the 6th house must always be looked at. 12th house for karmic issues and weaknesses, seclusion, rehabilitation and living in handicapped conditions. For accidental cause such as negligence at birth, we need to look at 1st house. For later onset blindness the transits to the 12th and 6th house and their aspects will tell a story plus progressions.

For a cure I guess we look at the 12th house, 6th house conditions plus Pluto and 8th house.

Claire

Draco
12-28-2006, 07:23 AM
In the chart of the blind girl, I wanted to see if I could find any compelling connection between the luminaries as the eyes, the sixth house as the place of dysfunction and Libra as the blind sign, and straight away I found one.

This isn't any sort of in-depth look at the chart of course, more a titillating observation, but notice how the near midpoint of the luminaries is at Libra 2.54, conjoined with the sixth house cusp in Libra! Hence, the eyes are disabled by blindness.

The reason I wanted to look at the midpoint of the luminaries, is because each luminary rules over an eye each, and blindness in this case affects both eyes, so to find the midpoint of the Sun and Moon was a way of regarding the luminaries, the eyes, as one unit.

As this birth time is given as 3 PM, it is possible that it has been rounded off. So if we forward the time by just one minute, the conjunction of the near midpoint of the luminaries to the Placidus sixth cusp in Libra is even closer, with the cusp at 2.07 and the midpoint at 2.54. I am so compelled I would be tempted to rectify the chart so that the sixth cusp is exact to this midpoint, as this just shouts out 'blindness' to me. I'm tempted to budge the time forward four minutes actually.

I know that having the midpoint of the luminaries on the cusp of the sixth is not an astrological prerequisite for being blind, and that nearly everyone with this in their charts will not be blind, but I find it interesting that this should come up, given what I had mentioned about the luminaries, Libra and the sixth house on this thread.

I can clearly see symbolism of blindness in the midpoint of the luminaries conjoined with a Libra sixth cusp in this chart, but I would never find this in the chart of another blind person. The point I am making is that this is why I cannot accept statistical research to seek 'astro-signatures' for things such as blindness, celebrity or a propensity to kill in nativities, because each chart is to be considered as something unique and incomparable, and whatever unique set of configurations show blindness in one horoscope, remain unique in that context, and will never be found again expressing the same thing in the same way.

EDIT:

Just had a look to see if any of the fixed stars most associated with blindness were prominent in this chart, and I found perhaps the most prominent one in the most prominent place. The Andromeda Nebula at Aries 27 is conjoined with the Ascendant, but as with the Sun/Moon midpoint's conjunction to the sixth cusp, it would be necessary to adjust the birth time ahead by about four minutes to make this conjunction more exact.

The Andromeda Nebula, a spiral galaxy, is the most distant object that we are able to discern with the naked eye, so as it is upon the very threshold of our powers of vision, and as it is such a strain to see it, then this is part of it's association with fatigue and injury of the eyes. As the nebula is a cluster of stars, it appears fuzzy, and was known to the Persian's as the 'Little Cloud', this blurred quality, again associating it with problems with visual discernment.

Frisiangal
12-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Hi Draco,

Are we looking at the same chart........3 July 1999, 3p.m. Sydney, Australia?

I use Placidus and get a 6th house cusp at end Taurus, making Venus in 9th (house of 'the sight?') square BML-Pluto in the 12th. Claire uses another house system that places Gemini on cusp 6, with the importance of Mercury affecting her blindness. Neither cusp is anywhere near Libra, although the SU/MO is on early Libra.

F.

Claire19
12-29-2006, 12:03 AM
The chart is 23rd July, not 3rd.

Claire

Claire19
12-29-2006, 12:14 AM
I posted a chart for a completely and profoundly blind little girl of my acquaintance. The details are 23rd July 1999 at 3pm Sydney Australia. Sorry for any confusion there.

What I would like to know, although there are many advances with experimentation on dogs right now and some success, whether anyone sees a possibility she may regain at least partial sight? She has the Capricorn rising of those who have a very challenging early life often with the limitations and restrictions of the Saturn ruled. SHe is mature beyond her years, sensible and down to earth. Rather old worldly. She attends a normal school as she is intellectually bright but I am sure this puts a lot of stress on her as she is rather isolated, learning Braille, while the other students learn in the normal way. Often she is alone as she cant play in the normal way with the other sighted children. Thank god for talking books and cds.

Claire

foreteller
12-29-2006, 03:46 AM
I'd like to add some things that I saw.

Stivies's chart look's very obvious to me when it comes to blindness. Look at the Neptune ( 6th ruler too ) ! It's Rx and conjuncts the ASC while opposing Venus and Moon.

The worst malefic reputation Neptune has it's about bieng blind from the reality. I think this can be aplied to medical as well, not seeing the reality. Therefore showing physical blindness or bad eyesight.

Also Neptune show's illusions, in medical atrology, if this planet affects a place related to the eye's, which ASC shows the face, could indicate blindness or bad eyesight.

Rx means he done something bad in a past life. He refused to see the real world and has build a reality of his own, illusionary and running from the tasks of the real world. This life, because he refused the reality in the past, now he will not see it.

Neptune in this chart means he has obtain a high understanding in this life, which in past he didn't have it.

The Sun is sitting now in earthy Capricorn ... an ambitious, yet practical sign that would have you place your feet firmly on the ground and outline your personal agendas for the coming year. A good time for practical wisdom, a time to focus on getting things done.
This is also the correct time to remind you that on the same time that Stivie Wonder born, many were born at the same place too and my bet is that only a few of them are blind.

Causes of Blindness are many. Every year 50,000 Americans become blind.
There are some cures...
Stem cell growth could herald cure for blindness
By Jason Dowling
October 12, 2003

A cure for some forms of blindness could be only five years away, a stem cell conference in Melbourne heard this week.

The University of Toronto's Derek Van der Kooy said his team had developed a way to grow stem cells taken from the eye that could then be transplanted to cure blindness.

"It is an exciting development for me and for blind people," Dr Van der Kooy said.

The first disease to be treated, he said, would probably be retinitis pigmentosa, which kills the photoreceptor cells in the eye that receive light.

"We will go into the eyes of blind people, take out the stem cells from the edge of the eye, grow a huge number of the photoreceptor cells from those stem cells in the culture, and put the photoreceptors back into the eye where they are needed," Dr Van der Kooy said.

He added that the long-term goal was to be able to activate stem cells in the eye without taking them out. This would avoid the immune rejection drugs necessary for transplants. But he said the rejection of transplanted cells was not the only concern.......

US scientists have developed a water maze in which a platform can be distinguished by lines on the side. As rats hate water, their ability to determine which area has the platform is a measure of their sight.

Dr Van der Kooy believes the restoration of sight will be one of the first transplant therapies to use stem cells.

This story was found at: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/11/1065676206311.html (http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/11/1065676206311.html)

[Moderator note - In accordance with the Forum's Copyright Rules, the quoted/copied text has been pruned.]

Frisiangal
12-29-2006, 11:01 AM
The chart is 23rd July, not 3rd.

Claire

Thank goodness (sigh). It was a typing error!:o The erected chart was for the right day. Do you use Koch houses? I noticed that Campanus presented yet another entirely different chart?

F.

stargirl
02-18-2007, 02:41 AM
5 degrees of Leo often indicates eye trouble. 9th house( Sag) refers to far seeing

astrobhadauria
02-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Dear
By the Vedic Astrology,12th house is the house of right eye,and 2nd is the house of left eye.Venus and Sun give parmanent blindness,and Moon alway give cortina troubles,when Saturn in 12th,2nd,3rd,6th,8th,and in 10th house in the period or in the sub piriod of Saturn,there are temporary blindness.