PDA

View Full Version : Sun is Detriment + singletone

powerion
09-17-2011, 01:47 PM
I recently created a post stating my sidereal chart was more accurate to my person, esp. because in my sidereal my sun is in capricorn which sums up me.."the person who desperately wants to fit in."

However me being new to astrology I learn something new everyday. I just learned that the sun is detriment being in aquarius meaning this "not comfortable" and operates with least strength. I have sun in aquarius maybe this is why I feel my sun sign dosnt fit right? becuase on my tropical western chart I have sun in aquarius, and I have 6 planets in capricorn so it is kinda hard to figure this all out! Then comes into play my singletone sun in the tropical..which could mean all energy flows through from what I have read. So my sun in aquarius in the tropical chart is detriment being very low, however is also a singletone being very intense and strong..this astrology stuff is going to make my head explode!

astrologer50
09-17-2011, 03:23 PM
why not post both charts, although I don't know many siderealist astrologers on here that may reply as 99% are Westerns....

powerion
09-18-2011, 12:20 AM
thanks for the response here they are

Rebel Uranian
09-18-2011, 12:25 AM
You also have a singleton Moon in Aries being your only Fire, and your AC is Cancer ruled by the Moon, so you might notice that singleton more. Aries is ruled by Mars and Mars is in Capricorn, exalted in Capricorn, where you also have a stellium. So according to this, you would be summed up pretty well by Capricorn rather than Aquarius.

I also have multiple singletons and tried switching to Sidereal to make my chart make more sense. Not everyone uses the singleton thing, but I do because my chart makes more sense once I do and I haven't found a case where it doesn't (I haven't found too many cases period, so don't trust me too much.) My Sun is in detriment and my moon is in Cancer and I don't have any Cancer traits at all. Why? Singletons. Singletons always seem to be the answer so far. Astrology is wonderful proof that the exception is much more common than the norm.

astrologer50
09-18-2011, 08:37 AM
thanks for the response here they are

The *aspects* don't change, the Asc does change and there is a massive difference between Gemini rising and Cancer rising.

Gemini Asc (along with pisces) is probably one of the most difficult in childhood. I call gemini risers the 'why children' wearing parents down asking questions, why why why. How does this work, why does that do this? sometimes I think parents 'switch off' from constant questions and then the child feel alientated, misunderstood, bit like a square peg in round hole. does this resonate?

Cancer rising will have a much rounder face and be sensitive, a worrier and chart ruler will be moon. Whereas genini rising chart ruler is mercury.

Notice also MC same sign changes from Aries (tropical) to pisces (sidereal) these again are big differences. So reading up on the Asc and MC signs alone should convince you which is which...

Sun in whichever sign will always be closely square to pluto. Cappi sun is ambitious, workaholic. shrewd in business and good with money, my polite way of saying they can be tight. They hoard things and have an attic and garage full of junk just in case something comes of use at a later date. Cappi (like scorpio) are not overly sociable signs, Scorpio as it really doesn't want others knowing it's business and cappi cos it's too busy working and watching finances..

Now Sun in Aquarius is strongly independant, wants/needs lots of freedom and independence within relationships. It's the only sign I know of that can actually stay friends with Ex's, is stubborn (like all fixed signs) very talkative. when it talks on a subject, it's usually because he knows that subject inside out. very good with computers, technology but not good with sick people or hospitals. Friendships are very important and sometimes preferred over proper relationships.

Anything resonate???

Rebel Uranian
09-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Is your Sun in a declination aspect (parallel or contra-parallel) to Saturn? These aspects are just as important as the zodiac aspects and manifest the exact same way minus actually having to be in certain signs.

Rebel Uranian
09-24-2011, 02:01 AM
Get on astro.com and view the additional tables. They revealed a lot to me that didn't show up elsewhere in the chart. Like how I can be so detached and not even cry when someone dies and or be able to be emotionally sensitive when I _want_ to (I don't really want to, I just don't want to be accused of being cold for the 50 trillionth time) with a Cancer Moon. And some interest in the arts/beauty (out-of-orb Mercury-Venus conjunct and parallel) as well as different implications than the fact that both of these planets are in Capricorn (intellectual type relationships and arts, which I can say both are definitely true.)

powerion
09-24-2011, 02:03 AM
ok ya I just found them glad you're around! so how to I interpt these I am confused.

Rebel Uranian
09-24-2011, 02:08 AM
May you please copy and paste the tables? I'm curious as to what the declinations are. Basically, within 1 degree (a little more for the Sun and Moon IMO because it works that way with longitude/zodiac, but not everyone agrees here) of latitude in the same hemisphere is treated as a conjunction, and within different hemispheres is treated as an opposition. Some oppositions such as with outers (this is almost always the case with Uranus and Pluto) to the Sun and sometimes Moon and even other planets are quite similar to conjunctions. Look for planets in about the same degree of latitude as your Sun. I guarantee you'll see something. When you think a position doesn't describe you, this is almost always the case.

powerion
09-24-2011, 02:11 AM
ok here is the chart you need the aspects to?

Rebel Uranian
09-24-2011, 02:29 AM
The Sun and Moon are not in declination aspect to anything. I really expected different. Saturn and Neptune are parallel, Mars and Jupiter are contra-parallel, Jupiter and Uranus are contra-parallel, Mars and Uranus are parallel, Chiron and the Nodes are contra-parallel (not sure if this is meaningful at all.) If you are Capricorn, are you sure this chart is right? Mars (Moon-Ruler) is conjunct Uranus by latitude and Saturn is conjunct Neptune by latitude.

powerion
09-24-2011, 02:31 AM
my sun is aquarius

Rebel Uranian
09-24-2011, 02:33 AM
I know that, but I said Capricorn because you said you acted Capricorn (aka a Capricorn.) I'm sorry about that. But if you have a singleton Sun in Aqua, that might make you want to fit in. All my Aqua/Uranus aspects overriding planets' normal expressions makes me desperately want to fit in, or, more accurately, want to want to fit in.

powerion
09-24-2011, 02:37 AM
I just dont understand my sun its so close to all these planets yet no aspects and singletone

Rebel Uranian
09-24-2011, 02:43 AM
I don't understand either. Can you do some more explaining so maybe I can can provide whatever insight I might have?

powerion
09-24-2011, 02:53 AM
how in the world can my sun be so close yet so far away? lol yet my moon* has no problem squaring away with everything

dr. farr
09-24-2011, 04:57 AM
A secondary practice I follow, when a planet has only 1 or 2 aspects-by-degree (that is, "regular" aspects), is to consider the ancient view of aspects-by-sign, to fill out the particular planets total aspectual picture. In this method (which, by the way, is the method of finding aspects in Vedic-Parashara mainstream Vedic-astrology) you look at the sign relationships of the planet.

To illustrate:

In the OP's chart, the Sun has only 2 aspects-by-degree (that is, hermetic aspects): an applying square to Pluto and an
applying sextile to the MC...

But what aspects-by-signs do we find with the Sun?
-conjunct-by-sign Sun and North Node
-a sextile-by-sign of Mars/Sun
-a sextile-by-sign of Moon/Sun
...so, using this secondary aspect-by-signs method, we find the Sun:
-in degree aspect with MC
-in degree aspect with Pluto
AND
-in sign aspect with the NN
-in sign aspect with the Moon
-in sign aspect with Mars

...therefore, if we accept the secondary use of aspect-by-signs, your natal Sun is involved in a total of 5 aspectual relationships, rather than only 2 if we only look at the aspect-by-degree indications.

I have found this to be a very useful method for making an extended chart delineation...

powerion
09-24-2011, 05:22 AM
very interesting I would have never found the mars sun aspect thank you

dr. farr
09-24-2011, 05:24 AM
Also a secondary practice is to use Parallel of Latitude as an adjunct to Parallels of Declination. Here (P of latitude) we use a maximum 1 degree orb and just look at the P's (that is, on the same side of the ecliptic) of latitude, and we delineate them as if they are conjunctions (albeit not as "powerful" as P's of Declination)
Like the aspects-by-signs, so too the P of latitude is regarded as a secondary method, but this technique can, like the aspects-by-signs, be of real value in making an extended chart delineation.

As an example, let us look at the OP's natal Sun once again, this time relative to Parallels:
-the Sun makes no P of Declination
-but the Sun does make P's of Latitude with
+Mercury
+Saturn (very close)
+Neptune
...so the Sun can be regarded as in "mild conjunction" relationships with Mercury, Saturn and Neptune.

When we include these secondary practices (aspects-by-signs and Parallel of Latitude) we find, in the OP's Sun, a significant increase in aspectual relationships:

+using only aspect-by-degree and Parallel of Declination, the OP's Sun has only 2 aspectual relationships, one with Pluto and the other with the MC

+but including these secondary methods (aspects-by-signs and Parallel of Latitude) the Sun has a total of 8 aspectual relationships, ie:
1) with Pluto (by degree aspect)
2) with the MC (by degree aspect)
3) with the Moon (by sign aspect)
4) with Mars (by sign aspect)
5) with the North Node (by sign aspect)
6) with Mercury (by P of Latitude)
7) with Saturn (by P of Latitude)
8) with Neptune (by P of Latitude)
...thus, when looked at to include these secondary aspectual relationships, the OP's Sun is in aspectual relationship with 6 planets! one angle (the MC) and a Lunar node (the NN)

Rebel Uranian
09-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Sun conjunct Saturn = Sun in Capricorn. There's your explanation.

powerion
09-24-2011, 07:39 PM
haha thanks! :]

Rebel Uranian
09-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Keep in mind it could still conjunct Aquarius, trine Gemini, etc. even though it's doesn't have the nature of Sun in Aquarius.

Now I'm going to go learn this latitude thing to see how it applies to my own chart...

powerion
09-24-2011, 08:57 PM
conjunct Aquarius, trine Gemini, etc. even though it's doesn't have the nature of Sun in Aquarius..what in the world does that mean?

Lol and I know I am still trying to figure out everything too thanks for the responses!

Rebel Uranian
09-24-2011, 10:33 PM
That means if someone has a planet in Gemini in the same degree as your Sun, it'll still be trine your Sun, and in Aquarius it'll still be conjunct, even though Saturn is there to "block the rays" of the Aqua sun and make you more like a Cap sun. Saturn will not affect this on their birthcharts so they'll still be regular Gemini or Aqua. Sorry if I didn't explain as well as I thought I did.