Consecutive Solar Eclipses

On the first of June there was a solar eclipse. A second one will occur on the very next New moon, July first. What might a person make of these consecutive solar eclipses, of which we are in the midst?

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that this means that most people will experience each of these eclipses in the same house, the second time, on its return.

The simple theory I've conceived based on this, is that the eclipses will somehow impress upon the subject a kind of cycle, or phase in ones life (like the ordinary phases and cycles of the moon, or houses of one's horoscope), only in this case, the cycle will be somehow more distinct than usual, and may be interpreted with a particular sense of closure and significance. I think this indicates that we will each be able to behold a kind of cycle, or "phase" in our lives.

Has anyone else been pondering the consecutive solar eclipses which behold a personal cycle?

:sideways:

Culpeper

Premium Member
These are both partial eclipses, and they are in the Arctic and Antarctic and not visible in any important location. They do not predict major catastrophy anyplace. However, they may have some effect in countries or cities ruled by the sign Gemini such as the USA or London. You do have to know how to read mundane charts.

If you know how to use lunations for predictive purposes, then you can use them for personal predictions like any new Moon. However, this is complex and I do not have time to explain it here. But you can find books on the subject.

Thanks for the clarification. Although I am not properly familiar with the term, I guess what I am referring to is a (particularly significant) "lunation" cycle.

So to be clear, I wasn't referring to mundane astrology, or in other words the purportedly "universal" effects of these astrological events. I am referring to a general effect, which may be interpreted in particular respect to a given natal chart:

An ordinary new moon, and full moon might be interpreted for earth-dwellers in general, and considered as such to be mundane, but it might also be useful to interpret this event in the manner that it strikes a given natal horoscope in particular, and that is what I am referring to. This, as I take it, is how "lunations" are read.

On second thought though, I've probably presumed too much when I guessed that each of the new moons (and eclipses) will fall in the same house in most horoscopes. This actually doesn't usually happen in most consecutive new moons.

Maybe I should have just asked in the first place; How common is it for new moons to repeat a house, and what does one make of this? I recall it happening a few times when I've paid attention to the phases of the moon. I guess I'm just paying particularly close attention in the case that these new moons are also partial solar eclipses.

LionLady

On the first of June there was a solar eclipse. A second one will occur on the very next New moon, July first. What might a person make of these consecutive solar eclipses, of which we are in the midst?

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that this means that most people will experience each of these eclipses in the same house, the second time, on its return.

The simple theory I've conceived based on this, is that the eclipses will somehow impress upon the subject a kind of cycle, or phase in ones life (like the ordinary phases and cycles of the moon, or houses of one's horoscope), only in this case, the cycle will be somehow more distinct than usual, and may be interpreted with a particular sense of closure and significance. I think this indicates that we will each be able to behold a kind of cycle, or "phase" in our lives.

Has anyone else been pondering the consecutive solar eclipses which behold a personal cycle?

:sideways:

I guess most of us come to look at the astrological implications of eclipses when one particular one catches our attention. For me it happened a dozen or so years ago with the 1999 total eclipse.

I would recommend Bernadette Brady's "Predictive Astrology" which despite its title is actually all about eclipses if you really want to understand eclipse cycles and the relation between lunations and eclipses.

For example, it's surprising how many people don't realise you can ONLY have a solar eclipse at new moon, or a lunar eclipse at full moon. Less surprising is how few people realise that a solar eclipse will almost always have a lunar eclipse at the closest full moon, if not both the one before and the one after.

Finally, both lunar and solar eclipses occur in their own cycles called Saros cycles, each one of which lasts hundreds of years. The cycles begin and end with eclipses near the poles; some begin at the North pole and move to the South and others go the opposite way. It's not uncommon if one Saros cycle is "dying" to have another Saros cycle beginning at the opposite pole as is happening this month.

So the two eclipses this summer will belong to different Saros cycles and therefore have different characteristics, according to Brady.

If you want to know more about the astronomy of Saros cycles, the best place to look is NASA's Eclipse website.

Hope this helps:smile:

Gwenyhfair

Maybe this thing with the series is really true. I feel so totally different today than I did the last time (two weeks ago). That eclipse was great, amazing, magic, romantic and what not. Althou I was asleep when I could have seen it, but woke up in the night and saw the full moon anyway.

Today is just too hot, too many insects, algae, no friends, nightmares, anxiety, and no fun at all :annoyed: