PDA

View Full Version : where will the June 1 eclipse be?

nuwanda
05-11-2011, 05:58 PM
what sign, what degree? does anyone know?

ethertwist
05-11-2011, 07:37 PM
what sign, what degree? does anyone know?

It's a Solar Eclipse at 11 deg. Gemini

:smile:

BobZemco
05-12-2011, 05:22 AM
It's only visible in North America and most of South America, so if you don't live there, you can ignore it, because it will not affect you.

Teb
05-19-2011, 05:04 PM
It's only visible in North America and most of South America, so if you don't live there, you can ignore it, because it will not affect you.

I have found that to be untrue. An eclipse has effected my family in major ways when it was not visible.

Gwenyhfair
05-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I disagree with Bob.

The visibility has nothing to do with astrology. Maybe astronomy or geography. Astrology is esoteric, therefore the thing that counts is the eclipse as a celestial occurrence.

I remeber there once was a solar eclipse that could only be seen at sea or south pole , easter island or something like that. It is still an eclipse. Right. Hey getting zen here. What is the sound of a tree falling in the woods if no one is there to listen. What is the eclipse like that nobody sees?

:tongue:

BobZemco
05-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I have found that to be untrue. An eclipse has effected my family in major ways when it was not visible.

It wasn't the Eclipse, it was something else you over-looked in the chart, probably because you were focusing on a non-event, like an Eclipse that didn't affect you.

I disagree with Bob.

The visibility has nothing to do with astrology. Maybe astronomy or geography. Astrology is esoteric, therefore the thing that counts is the eclipse as a celestial occurrence.

What is Above Horizon is "visible." What is Below Horizon is "invisible."

An Eclipse that is Below Horizon in your chart, or is Above Horizon and not in your Ascendant or not in partile conjunction with a Natal Planet has no effect on you. The reality is that it's just another garden-variety New/Full Moon regardless of how much you fantasize or romanticize.

When an Eclipse begins to take effect depends on the Angle it is near; the Ascendant within 4 months, the Midheaven about 8 months and the Descendant about 12 months.

It the Eclipse is Below Horizon, the effects never manifest themselves.

Too bad, so sad.

Gwenyhfair
05-20-2011, 06:52 PM
too bad too sad some people are so strict and really believe this is dead serious science. Astrology is pure romanticism and fantasy
:pinched:

Neptune Rising
05-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Well here is a good experiment! :lol:

I live in the UK, this eclipse is conjunct my Descendant just on the 6th house side within one/two degrees, trine my Venus/Mercury and trine my Pluto and 10th house cusp. Its opposed Neptune and conjunct my south node. Sextile my nadir. What else... It is trine transiting Saturn which is conjucting my 10th cusp. Saturn is natally in my 7th house. Venus and Mercury rule my 5th 6th 7th 9th 10th house and Saturn rules my 2nd house. I am looking for all sorts of work as well as in the process of working for myself teaching. I'm needing a conventional job though to get some money in. I'm hoping this eclipse will trigger some changes! It is certainly a good one to study!

So in theory I will have to wait 12 months for this eclipse to take effect.

Neptune Rising
05-21-2011, 12:08 AM
I forgot, its also conjunct an object called 'karma' in my chart. I don't know much about this object, sounds karmic though :D

Gwenyhfair
05-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Bob, sorry you canīt change the world on this forum. You might aswell be right but let me tell you:

there is a whole bunch of more and less pro european astrologers who all analyse this eclipse and really, really want to believe it will affect them too

???

:pinched: What to do

BobZemco
05-24-2011, 12:52 AM
there is a whole bunch of more and less pro european astrologers who all analyse this eclipse and really, really want to believe it will affect them too

If you go back maybe 45 years, Modern Astrology had just started looking at Eclipses. Somebody (I can't remember who) said the pre-Natal Eclipse was a "sensitive point" (whatever that is) in the chart. It wasn't until the early 90s that people started pushing the "all Eclipses have an effect" thing.

At $150 per chart, I could be raking in the money from all the desperate people wanting to believe Eclipses affect them, but I don't do that.

I'm not saying Eclipses don't have any effect, I'm simply saying they do only under certain conditions.

There's only 2 Eclipses that affect the US in the next 30 years, one in 2020 and one in 2039, but I've got four in my Ascendant in the next 10 years, go figure.

barbh
05-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Eclipses affect everyone to some degree regardless of whether they are visible or not...depending on one's sensitivity to the energy. I can really feel eclipses, whether they are visible or not. I'm very lunar, and extremely sensitive to the full moons...when an eclipse is happening, I feel like I'm in a twilight zone or something. The energy shift is amazing! Most of my more sensitive friends feel it as well...even if its not a big factor in their chart at the time. Some people don't...the less sensitive types don't. Therefore I know eclipses have an effect on all people on earth...some are just not conscious of it or are less sensitive types. Many people are extremely sensitive to full moons....and an eclipse is much stronger energy, so of course they're going to feel it.

I've found that areas that have eclipses that are visible are more subject to upheavals...such as earthquakes, tornados, war etc...

Of course people who's charts are directly hit by eclipses will feel it the most and that's where the big events happen....but energy is energy and we all feel it. Some are simply more responsive to it. Think of it like a big huge loud jetliner flying overhead....some will really see, hear, feel and take notice of it, and some will be completely oblivious to it cause they're so caught up in their own stuff and are unaware.

That reminds me of an intensive lecture I went to at UAC given by Bernadette Brady...one of the great astrologers of our day and an expert on eclipses and transits. She said people are responsive to transits in the same way. She said that if someone had multiple transits going on...such as Neptune square Moon, Uranus square Sun and Saturn oppose Venus....that person is going to unconsciously prioritize and only notice the most intense one....the one that has the strongest planet hitting the most personal planet. The person will feel and take note of the Neptune transit, and the Uranus transit and the Saturn transit become background noise. She has found in her extensive experience that this is how people operate. So, I would think that some people could do the same thing with eclipses....depending on what else is going on in their chart...they may take note of them, or they may not.

barbh :smile:

szanne
05-29-2011, 07:42 PM

Would this not affect the US?

It wasn't the Eclipse, it was something else you over-looked in the chart, probably because you were focusing on a non-event, like an Eclipse that didn't affect you.

What is Above Horizon is "visible." What is Below Horizon is "invisible."

An Eclipse that is Below Horizon in your chart, or is Above Horizon and not in your Ascendant or not in partile conjunction with a Natal Planet has no effect on you. The reality is that it's just another garden-variety New/Full Moon regardless of how much you fantasize or romanticize.

When an Eclipse begins to take effect depends on the Angle it is near; the Ascendant within 4 months, the Midheaven about 8 months and the Descendant about 12 months.

It the Eclipse is Below Horizon, the effects never manifest themselves.

Too bad, so sad.

and when it is directly on the asc? Is that an event you would expect something to occur? So far I've also noted the following events and there maybe more...still looking-
N Venus progressed to the asc
primary direct progression mh to venus
primary indirect prog of moon sq mercury.
Should I waste time trying to interrupt what this may or may not mean. I still struggle with interruptaion part. I see others do it so easily and readily. Just need to keep practicing I suppose. I'm trying to note events that may be of significance and than see how it plays out going forward. So I am most curious about this solar eclipse - 11deg gemini on my asc.

I'm not saying Eclipses don't have any effect, I'm simply saying they do only under certain conditions.

There's only 2 Eclipses that affect the US in the next 30 years, one in 2020 and one in 2039, but I've got four in my Ascendant in the next 10 years, go figure.

Why would this June 1st eclipse not affect the US? Maybe I am just not understanding. Would not be the 1st time.

gemini59
05-30-2011, 06:18 PM
The June first eclipse does seem to aspect several countries planets or angles. In the case of the USA, with an ascendant at 7'23 Gemini and with Uranus at 8'53 Gemini this does indicate some potential surprising event. However, the strength of this dragons tail eclipse is not strong.
The ascendant aspect of the eclipse implies affects to doorway, physical structure, attitude of public, stockholders or relations with other organizations.
I have attached the charts two eclipse charts. One for US washington and the other for Tel Aviv. Interesting.

Uranus aspect of the eclipse implies discoveries, chief authority, spacecraft, explosive, unexpects, storms, riots etc.
Egypt also has a energized ascendant at 8" 27 Gemini ., its mars lies opposing at 11'37 Sagitarius.

If we are looking at only those planets above the horizone Israel has Mercury in the 8th at 10'22 Gemini. Mercury would represent transportation, intelligence communications.

The Vatican city has its moon at 13' 49 Gemini at the 10th house. Moon being its public, crowds, ocean.

The dragons tail is more negative, having a saturnine theme. In Gemini or air this would imply messengers, mail, news, internet, and teachers or transport.
Hope this contributes:)

gemini59
05-30-2011, 06:25 PM
If I look at the US chart the eclipse eases Saturn in the 12th of hidden enemies.

We know the eclipse is on the US Ascendant thus the US ascendant is in the 8th house and too is US Uranus.

Saturn rules the 3rd house too which tells me delays or some obstruction in transport, or communication.

The tel aviv chart focuses the ascendant in the eclipse 4th house.

Just some thoughts.

Neptune Rising
05-31-2011, 06:03 PM
I've been reading about comet Elenin which has been alligning with the Sun and which coincides with recent major earthquakes. Not sure if this will tie into the eclipse and its timings/triggers.

Apparently it alligned with the Sun at the time of the Chile earthquake, NZ earthquake, Japan earthquake. It will allign again with the Sun, I think, this September and November.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/54234248/Elenin-Planetary-Alignment-and-Earthquakes