PDA

View Full Version : diet for detoxification and health

2rainbows
11-21-2006, 04:05 PM
can even say optimal health if one includes some hatha/chakra yoga practice.
this one takes a lot of self discipline. if you try this out, keep always at the front of your mind, that your health is worth it.
this diet proclaims importance in the order in which food is eaten, so the following meals should be eaten in the order they appear. this diet for health is taken mostly from the book: "Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth"

notes for the following meals:
-tossed salad: using any leafy greens except iceburg, tossed with tomatoes and cucumbers (skin on), moderately dressed with olive oil and wine vinegar, ground pepper is optional.
-optimal vitamins are in the edible skins of fruits and veggies.
-when eating fruit, do not mix fruits at the same meal, stick to one fruit, or at very least category of fruit, also try to stick with in season fruit.
-i use and proclaim natural sea salt water (1/4 teaspoon of salt to 1 quart water or 1 teaspoon salt to 2 liters water), plain spring or filtered water is second best. it took me only 2 to 3 days to acquire the taste for salt water, i love it, get beyond the first day or two. the salt i use does use magnesium as an anti caking agent and this additive tends to cause dryness around the eye lids, moisturizer takes care of this, salt water therapy will come around to hydrate the skin wonderfully and definitely assist in optimal health. my next salt purchase will be red hawaiian salt.

breakfast:
8oz water
12 oz tossed salad
16 oz fruit
1 soft boiled egg with 1/2-1 teasp. of a non hydrogenated butter spread and is made with some olive oil. i use 'smart balance'.

lunch:
8 oz water
12 oz salad
1 ear raw corn or 2 oz raw nuts or raw seeds

dinner:
8 oz water
12 oz salad
2 sushi rolls or 4 oz raw nuts or seeds

if you're current diet is nothing like the above, you can expect some discomfort as this diet cleanses your body.

virgo96019
11-22-2006, 12:55 AM
How long does this have to be followed? I need to do something like this to help me get healthy again. Wouldn't you be so proud of me?!....I'm gonna try it, I can't guarentee I'll get through it, I'll be starving my a** off, but I could stand to lose a few in that area anyway!

2rainbows
11-22-2006, 01:18 PM
It is society that has taught us to have anti healthy eating habits.
if you try this diet out, i cannot imagine why you would revert back to an anti healthy diet. i also think you'll be surprised to find that you are not hungry on this diet, the fiber content should satisfy you.
if you include the yoga with this, yoga will further energize you and give an alternative choice to eating; taking walks is always allowed too.
hunger is one way the body communicates and a lot of things we eat is not the answer and why we tend to over eat in the first place.
the bodies answer to anti healthy foods is- this is kinda close, maybe if i have more of it.
virg, you have my full support. if you feel inclined to pass this diet by your doc(s), do so, but take any unsupportive advice carefully as he/she/they will likely be losing one of their patient/clients!!
does this diet mean one should never splurge on high caloric foods, no, but the body is going to be relearned and you may find you no longer have any desire for them.
besides the docs who delivered my children, the last doc i used took care of the one broken bone in my life, that was about 10 years ago.
cheers!,
2rainbows

2rainbows
11-23-2006, 01:04 PM
to do or not to do organic is an individual choice.
my individual take on produce is as follows; the very best place for produce is one's own backyard, second best is area farmer markets, then organic, then supermarket produce. however, organic produce that has sat around shop waiting for someone to buy it is not better off than the fresh shipment of non organic produce it waits with.
if unsure, there are plenty of studies to help you figure out where you stand.
2rainbows

virgo96019
11-24-2006, 04:08 AM
I'll check into the organic hehe but knowing me I'll probobly get whatever is on sale! but I think if I could just get rid of the "poison", wich is almost what it feels like, I can get on track. I did something like this once before and it worked, it took about 3 days of torture but then it was easy...for 2 years! I didn't eat any refined sugar, white bread, soda, I quit smoking and I did yoga everyday, I was the healthiest I had ever been. Then Poof! I slipped 2 discs in my back and it went down hill from there, now I'm just in a funk if ya know what I mean, and I've gained so much weight I feel like **** all the time. So, now that thanksgiving is over I will start tomorrow. I'll let you know if I make it the whole day;) If I do it will be quite the accomplishment!! My problem is I can make it till dinner and then something in my brain snaps and all I do is eat. I drive myself crazy! Thanks for the support, I definatly need it! Here I go!
Virgo

2rainbows
11-24-2006, 01:49 PM
if you've done it once, you can do it again! and this time lets believe there will be no monkey wrenches thrown at you!
cheers!,
2rainbows

virgo96019
11-28-2006, 02:19 AM
Well I thought I would give you an update.....So far so good, I made it 2 whole days so far! I wanted to start on friday, but my husband did the strangest thing and made me dinner. Mind you he has only done this once or twice in the past 17 years, so I ate the steak and potatoes (YUM). Saturday I got down to business. By Sunday I was already starting to feel better. Almost like I am cooling down from the inside out. My stomach doesn't feel any better(I go next week to have my esphogus repaired), the nuts make it worse so I had to cut them out, and for the life of me cannot drink salt water. I don't think I can ever aquire a taste for it, I don't know how you do it! Other than that, It's going quite well. Mercury (my chart ruler) has just started transiting my 6th house conj. mars, so I am more concious of my health and making quick and drastic changes.
Virgo-Starving

2rainbows
11-28-2006, 01:55 PM
hi virg,
thanks for the update. sorry to hear about the nuts. nice to hear about your hub going above and beyond the call of duty, i consider this a reward for your diet.
try the salt water a few days before you give it up. if you can't do the whole 8 oz that's ok. IFFF you try to stick out a few days, i would say Do Not go back and forth between water with and without salt, this will make acquiring the taste harder, it truly only took me 2-3 days; and i think this is so because of how important salt/water is for us to consume.
a few substitute foods for the diet i outlined:
banana
oatmeal- if you must sweeten, do so by honey or natural/unwhite sugar; the best oatmeal to eat is steel cut.
i did mention that as your body cleans itself out, you can expect some discomfort.
Cheers!,
2rainbows

MichelleAnderson
11-28-2006, 07:01 PM
This does sound like a very good detox diet but I don't think that I could stand it for more than a day.

2rainbows
11-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Your health is worth it!! consider how proud of yourself you will be for being such a great steward of discipline!!!
cheers!,
2rainbows

2rainbows
11-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Step two for optimal health!
This step is much easier than the first.
If you are going through a process of consuming healthy nourishing foods, then this needs to be followed up to the best of your ability on what you put on your body and breathe.

the healthy foods are releasing/cleaning toxins from your body and need pathways for escape. the skin is the largest pathway for this to happen, but plenty of products keep toxins in.
2rainbows believes among the biggest culprits of imprisoning toxins in the body is sunscreens as it is sunscreen's job to barricade the skin, especially when you generously apply it through out the day!!
if i were a wealthy lawyer, i just saw a great way to make a boat load more money.
for all those who are ready to say ok, why then is cancer more prevalent in pale skinned regions of the world? i do not know about all these regions, but ireland gave me the first FRY of my life, a huge breakfast, completely of fried foods!! cancer may have some prevalence here, but i surely would not be surprised if heart desease was right up there too. (toxins trapped in fat in the skin).
random info i find supports my claims:
-i recently watched stand up comedy on bbc and one hysterical scot proclaimed the scot diet is among the worst in the world.
-the other nite i had a sip of diet coke in a can, (am not a diet soda drinker and rarely drink non diet soda) i still feel poisoned.
here are two of many sites with lots of good info regarding toxic products;
http://es.epa.gov/techinfo/facts/safe-fs.html
http://www.vanessasgift.com
cheers to health!
2rainbows

2rainbows
12-01-2006, 06:01 PM
I am a big believer in reward systems and breaking the monotony of a strict diet. so here is a recipe for a treat.
what i suggest is, skip the morning greens, do not skip the fruit, and substitute the egg for this delicious healthy version of sticky buns.
i got this one from Bob's Red Mill site.
This recipe calls for chopped walnuts, being nut sensitive, you decide to include them or not.

Blue Cornmeal Honey Nut Delight

preheat oven to 350 and butter the bottom of a 10" spring pan or 10" round baking pan.

batter:
1 cup blue cornmeal
1 cup unbleached flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup real butter
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

mix all dry ingredients. cut in butter in pieces. add milk, egg and vanilla.
pour batter in baking pan and place in freezer while preparing the glaze.

glaze:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup honey
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 egg white

In med sauce pan melt and blend butter and honey, cool slightly, add egg white, mix well. mix in nuts. remove batter from freezer. cover it with the glaze. bake 20-30 minutes.

SolarSiren
12-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Hey- Make any serious commitments to changing how you look with a nice TR. Saturn aspect people!
OR else, get it with SR Pluto opp. your 6th ruler, my friend commited himself to working out & changing his health that year & is doing great, lost 80lbs!

I noticed this as I was going to mention that TR. Saturn trine my ASC for the past few weeks has made my appetite go from high to zero!
I wasn't trying to loose weight, but it's been very odd...What with all these
holiday treats everywhere...They don't entice me like last year...Same with alcohol & smoking...I cut back unintentionally. :confused:

Oh, and also my taste for breads, cookies, sweet stuff...waaay down.
I craved no pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving & thats a first!
But I AM craving protein badly!

I love Saturn trine ASC, sweet influence on body & work ethic. :)

2rainbows
12-01-2006, 11:48 PM
I find eggs to be the best cure for protein cravings.

SolarSiren
12-02-2006, 12:07 AM
You're right on rainbows....I am loving the omelettes lately alot, weird huh? :D

cara4art
12-02-2006, 05:31 PM
"the healthy foods are releasing/cleaning toxins from your body and need pathways for escape. the skin is the largest pathway for this to happen, but plenty of products keep toxins in.
2rainbows believes among the biggest culprits of imprisoning toxins in the body is sunscreens as it is sunscreen's job to barricade the skin, especially when you generously apply it through out the day!!
if i were a wealthy lawyer, i just saw a great way to make a boat load more money.
for all those who are ready to say ok, why then is cancer more prevalent in pale skinned regions of the world? i do not know about all these regions, but ireland gave me the first FRY of my life, a huge breakfast, completely of fried foods!! cancer may have some prevalence here, but i surely would not be surprised if heart desease was right up there too. (toxins trapped in fat in the skin).
random info i find supports my claims:
-i recently watched stand up comedy on bbc and one hysterical scot proclaimed the scot diet is among the worst in the world.
-the other nite i had a sip of diet coke in a can, (am not a diet soda drinker and rarely drink non diet soda) i still feel poisoned." - 2rainbows

So-o right on! Esp. about the sunscreens and toxins being trapped in the skin, and the junk-fat connection! That's why I just go with my natural homemade shea butter creams and extravirgin coconut oil. There's a good reason to be eating alot of raw produce, it has a ton of natural anti-oxidants that we don't even know about - and there are many rawfoodists that swear that they can withstand sun exposure way better after they switched over to a raw vegan way of eating, or even a high percentage of raw(more doable for many of us!) Remember, the skin is an organ, and a pretty large one at that. It is not wise to put stuff on it that is so-o toxic, like most commercial, petrochemically-based lotions, creams, makeups, etc. Any good detox program will recommend the use of simple, natural products only in addition to dietary measures and the liberal use of sweating out toxins(usually by way of constructive, meaningful exercise).