Chart rectification using Progressions?

Howl

Hello my friends :sunny:

I haven't been around for a little while, for a few reasons. I have moved interstate to enjoy my last summer as a student/bum before real work, and I have also been so happily occupied refounding a relationship that is very important to me. That's right, I now have a partner (where once there was an ex-partner/closest friend/didn't know what to call him, really!).

I wasn't sure where to put this question, but here goes....I have the dates of two events, which when considered together, suggest a slight rectification to my natal chart in order to give exact an exact reading of progressions. I would love to hear your opinion on whether this seems valid?

First, I had it confirmed that November 11, 2000 was the first day that my partner and I were together, and the beginning of our relationship of two years. That date, using my current birth data, shows my Prog. descendant at 0'51" Aquarius, soon to conjunct my natal Venus at 1'07" Aquarius.

The day that we decided to get together, this year, was October 4 (2006). That day shows a closing conjunction between my Prog. Descendant at 7'40" Aquarius, and Prog. Venus (retrograding!) at 8'38" Aquarius. Venus continues retro, and the conjunction was closer when I actually moved home. However, using my current birth data, it will only perfect in July 2007, by which time I will have moved to Canberra, and we will have made the looming decision as to whether he is coming with me, or not ;)

The distance to perfection in the first case is 0'16", and in the second case it's 0'58" or 0'53", depending on what day is taken. Does this suggest that I am counting the second event too early? Do you think I should consider adjusting my birth time using this information? If I add one minute, I get an exact conjunction for the first event on November 11, 2000. However, the second event would still only perfect around March, 2007.

Perhaps I should wait until March next year to see how this all goes?? :D Any general advice or observations on tinkering with chart rectification is welcomed :cool:

Last edited:

Howl

Thank you Delboy, for taking the time to write this detailed response! I am a complete beginner when it comes to chart "fine tuning" (yes, this is what I meant, I didn't realise that rectification was a more drastic measure ;)) and was testing the waters as to how I could fine tune the timing of events according to secondary progressions. I think I have some homework to do regarding other methods of timing :rolleyes:. Thanks, once again!