PDA

View Full Version : About Dignity and Affinity

Munch
04-05-2011, 05:50 AM
I tend to go with the traditional rulership of signs by planets, but still look at the outer planets as something akin to having Exaltation in the signs they are given rulership over in modern astrology. Meaning that I attribute an exaltation type of strength to Uranus when it is in Aquarius, Pluto in Scorpio and Neptune in Pisces. The very real affinity means (to me) that they must be able to function quite well (and in my limited experience it seems to be true) and thus exert a strong presence in a person's life. This would not be the same as rulership though. This energy, once again in my opinion, is not wanton free for all, do as I please energy. Experiences linked to these planet/sign themes will be of very deep personal importance. Pluto is keenly focused in Scorpio but isn't in it for 'the now' as Mars is. So it works out like a backdrop that is actually very important to personal development as we age.

Any thoughts on this? It's clearly a thought for me that is yet in its infancy, and I probably am not articulating this very clearly. Still, I'd love to hear what other people think.

Munch
04-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Anybody? I'm sure this isnt the first time this has been brought up. Any thoughts at all?

Munch
04-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I would really, really enjoy a discussion on this topic. Anyone? Did I not articulate my thought clearly? :unsure:
:biggrin:

Lithuel
04-23-2011, 05:39 PM
I can see what you're saying. I'm a bit schizo in that I like to use (or at least look at) both traditional rulerships and modern rulerships (including, for instance, Chiron ruling Virgo). :bandit:

My chart has Moon-Pluto conjunct in Scorpio, trine my Mars in Cancer. With traditional rulership, I've got a Moon-Mars mutual reception, with Pluto "exalted" by affinity in Scorpio.

I'm a very plutonic person, which is why I tend to go with the Pluto-Scorpio rulership for myself, but given that Pluto is so tightly and abundantly aspected in my chart (as well as being in my 1st house), I'd probably be Plutonic even without Pluto being in its ruling sign.

Munch
04-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Okay, so I'm not the only one. :biggrin: Thanks for your feedback on this. I was starting to think this must be the most boring thread ever posted. lol.