Mercury turns Retrograde in Scorpio Oct 28, 2006

freedomlover

I thought this was a rather timely topic to discuss.

I'll begin.:D

How does Mercury Retrograde affect travel? Specifically, would there be any ill effects associated with a trip that moves you BACK to where you were before - returning to a place you used to live? Or would that be something "blessed" by a Mercury Retrograde?

unukalhai

Specifically, would there be any ill effects associated with a trip that moves you BACK to where you were before - returning to a place you used to live? Or would that be something "blessed" by a Mercury Retrograde?

Interesting that you should ask, I have personal experience with this, lol. In the first mercury RX cycle of 06, i ended up moving back to a place I had previously lived.

It went well, actually. The previous Mercury RX cycle, late '05, I was forced to move. When the first '06 RX cycle happened, I ended up moving again, right back where I started, again without a whole lot of choice. The move went smoothly, and it all worked out nicely. Signing the lease went OK, I got the keys on time, and no screwups with paperwork either. Physically moving my stuff went OK too.

I moved back to the same complex, and the funny thing is I ended up with a unit in the same building, but on the opposite corner.. so the floorplan is turned 180 degrees from what I had.. facing the opposite direction and the rooms are turned around 180 degrees. I found it really amusing.

But I did have a little help from Venus. She made aspects to my Sun both when I signed the lease and when I got the keys, literally just hours from exact aspects in both cases. And no, I didnt elect that!

This period's retrograde degree is trine by degree to the last Sun/Mercury inferior conjunction, 26th degree of Cancer/Scorpio. The inferior conjunction was on July/18/2006. Also of note, Pluto's position, due to the Pluto RX period that ended Sept/04/2006, is only 10 arcmin different between those two charts.

This retrograde also sees RX Mercury roll over my natal Mercury, making for a triple hit Mercury return. I'm guessing that means this is going to be an important Mercury cycle for me. Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:

freedomlover

Thanks for the personal experience info, U. I was thinking it would probably be a beneficial time for such a trip/move. I should check the transit aspects, too, I suppose.

unukalhai

Anytime :)

I got curious, and looked over a few of the charts from the march 2006 Mercury RX, interesting to note that the inferior conjunction (3/11/2006) featured a tight Mars/Uranus square, which midpointed my IC angle (so it was forming an octile/trioctile to the MC/IC axis) at a low orb of 10 arcmin. Sudden action (Uranus Mars) relating to home affairs (IC)! I hadn't notice that before, but I've only recently realized the Sun/Mercury inferior conjunction is an important event in the retrograde cycle.

Pluto was also Sextile/Trine the MC/IC axis (IC trined), tight orbs again, and conjunct my natal Venus by a few degrees and applying.

The retrograde also took place through my 3rd house, Mercury's house.

I've attached charts for the Mercury retrograde start, down to the second according to the Swiss Ephemeris as computed by Astrolog32, and also the exact Sun-Mercury inferior conjunction. Charts set for Washington, DC with Regiomontanus houses. Eris (ex-UB313, "10th planet") is represented by the purple ][ glyph, normally used for Proserpina. I modified the orbital parameters for Proserpina to match Eris so I can use it in charts. :D

Edit again: added transit charts to Dane Rudhyar's USA chart. Note the Mercury-Mercury trine, exact Jupiter-Mercury trine, T.Nodes/USA.Mercury aspects, and transiting ME/NO=[USA]ME midpoint on the retrograde start chart!

As Mercury looks into previous things on its backtrack, what will be revealed of the USA? I guess we shall find out :D

Attachments

• cy06_10.28.mercury.retrograde.gif
    cy06_10.28.mercury.retrograde.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 29
  • cy06_11.08.sun-mercury.inferior.conjunction.gif
    cy06_11.08.sun-mercury.inferior.conjunction.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 34
  • cy06_10.28.mercury.retrograde_vs_rudhyarUSA.gif
    cy06_10.28.mercury.retrograde_vs_rudhyarUSA.gif
    31.5 KB · Views: 30
  • cy06_11.08.sun-mercury.inferior.conjunction_vs_rudhyarUSA.gif
    cy06_11.08.sun-mercury.inferior.conjunction_vs_rudhyarUSA.gif
    31.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Chinaya

freedomlover said:
I thought this was a rather timely topic to discuss.

How does Mercury Retrograde affect travel? Specifically, would there be any ill effects associated with a trip that moves you BACK to where you were before - returning to a place you used to live? Or would that be something "blessed" by a Mercury Retrograde?

Hey:)
Maybe it means that it will be easier to go back and digg in your past and reslove some issues you had, at the place you are travelig back to?
Scorpio is always intens, and with mercury ret. you may need to tell someone how you wreally feel about something.

rose

:cool: Hi freedomlover.
Mercury retrograde in water signs has to do with connections with the timeless past, origins-waters of life, and peoples and places that are very much part of your inner landscape. Water signs are all about qualities of our soul agenda, the inside and invisible, Deep feeling sensations of course mundandane affairs will reflect this inner dimension and consequently are still part of it...
In your chart mercury will be travelling on your 11th house and due to the retrograde motion you ' ll probably re- discover old friends, memories and perhaps you ll also understand and review some of your old beliefs. It would be advisable that you watch for the Jupi/Mercury conjunction and I would also check the full mercury transit in the scorpio sign, the8th house, and the complementary taurean and 5th house (plus all the planets that are part of the natal configurational aspects as well as the aspects by transit.
Mercury retro motions, I have noticed disrupts mostly left brain ruled people. If you usually think and operate in linear modeou'll certainly experience some distraction, but that is just a way for calling attention to a diverse realm of consciousness. Switch to the right, intuitive and feeling mode and everythink will be just ok.
You'll see the gifts of this incredible transit
rose;) ;)

How does Mercury Retrograde affect travel? Specifically, would there be any ill effects associated with a trip that moves you BACK to where you were before - returning to a place you used to live? Or would that be something "blessed" by a Mercury Retrograde?[/quote]

Capella

hi, I don't know whether this is relevant to the topic. but I lost my mobile phone 2 months ago. and today i discovered it in the corner of salon after i have applied for another one after losing hopes. It might be a coincidence, but i find this interesting just few days before the Mercury retrograde. Besides, during the last retrogradation, i got an email from a friend with whom i had a relationship but quitted many years ago. then nothing continues since the direct phase of Mercury and now he is totally envaporated from the world. I find this interesting as well.:rolleyes:

zlikos

Well I am new to the group and my first contribution happens to be a day from Mercury turning retrograde!
The topic is even more interesting to me because I´m on the road right now. I am in Germany at the moment and am about to make decision to go further north to Holland where I used to live for ten years. The comeback is not the happiest situation possible because it would be sort of facing your past (as Chinaya noticed correctly) but it seems to be inavoidable. Positive thing about it is that tr mercury trines my natal jupiter while being stationary. It will hopefully bring some smooth landing.
Whether the trip will go smoothly depends a lot on how Mercury is placed in the natal chart. I don´t think that well placed Mercury with a conflictless 3rd & 9th house can bring too much of a stress.

p.s. it´d be nice if you folks here could keep us posted about your experiences during the Mercury retrograde. I surely will!

DoubleLibra

Re: Mercury .... Stop playing with me!!

Mercury has already gone retrograde in my 2nd house of Finances :60: It started last weekend.

1 - a $20 bill I had between coupons for Domino's Pizza that I decided to tear up :mad: by accident when I threw out the coupons

2 - My monthly transportation card being sent back for insufficient address, when the address on record is where I've been getting it at for the past 8 months! So this is additional money out of my pocket this week :(

3 - Renewal Lease Form for my apartment comes with a a note that I owe an additional Security Deposit of $373.25 this year, when my rent is only being increased $36.85:58:

The last two I think have been taken care of, the first thing that happened, well the $20 is long gone.

BUT ... I'm not signing my Renewal Lease Form for my apartment during this period I'll tell you that!! It's not due for 60 days so that can wait.

freedomlover

Thanks to all for the pointers.

To: Chinaya
Yep, the "telling someone how I really feel" began today, and it's still the day before the official retrograde. It should be an interesting 3 weeks (or so.)

To Rose:
I'll be checking out those Scorpio/Taurus houses. For me, they are my 10/11 and my 4/5.

Draco

For the record, Mercury's retrogradation happens at Scorpio 25.04, so check out planets, cusps and other significant points in your chart which fall on or close to this degree, in feminine signs and fixed signs.

For me, this retrograde occurs exactly two degree's shy of my natal Mars.

freedomlover

I don't have any planets directly on that degree. My natal Neptune is at 20* Scorpio, progressed is 21*. The closest I have is my Solar Return Mars, which is at 24degrees37 Scorpio. It is in the 12th house if I stay where I'm at. But, if I move to the area I used to live that I want to move back to, it moves into the 11th house.
Any thoughts?

pisceskitty

Here we go....

Well, today I recieved a certified letter notice, that I am almost certain is from that phantom ex-husband of mine that I haven't heard from in months. He usually has his wife email me!

I also got a letter from from my storage company. I owe $186[that I don't have!..oh joy!]

Another letter from a gym I never even got the chance to go to! I owe $400!

Mercury is transiting my 2nd house[ruled by Scorpio @19deg] yet it's trining natal Venus-Mercury-Sun in the 5th. What the hell is going on?!! lol:mad: My Progressed Asc is @ 17 deg. Scorpio....oh I did find $10 in a public bathroom!

Last edited:

DoubleLibra

PiscesKitty, Can I ever relate! :rolleyes: It's hitting my 2nd House also, as I posted above. I also received a letter from my ex-husband's woman (not wife but they might as well be I guess you could say by "common law") on a past bill he and I had that he was suppose to take care of. I've been divorced for over 6 yrs, and it seems like it's always "her" that contacts me not him.

Haven't found any money yet :cool: My monthly metro card for my transportation here in New York City STILL hasn't arrived yet. I was told it was re-sent on Wednesday. I personally get hit every single Mercury RX!! :mad:

freedomlover

30 seconds after I posted about my Scorpio placements,as to the Mercury retrograde, the wind blew the power out, and the computer I use quit working. (I'm on my daughter's now.) Scorpio covers the last part of my 10th, and the first part of my 11th.

Last edited:

pisceskitty

DoubleLibra said:
PiscesKitty, Can I ever relate! :rolleyes: It's hitting my 2nd House also, as I posted above. I also received a letter from my ex-husband's woman (not wife but they might as well be I guess you could say by "common law") on a past bill he and I had that he was suppose to take care of. I've been divorced for over 6 yrs, and it seems like it's always "her" that contacts me not him.

Haven't found any money yet :cool: My monthly metro card for my transportation here in New York City STILL hasn't arrived yet. I was told it was re-sent on Wednesday. I personally get hit every single Mercury RX!! :mad:

Wow! yea, my ex-husband always has his wife speak to me, and it's pissing me off. Just be a man about it and talk to me directly. We have to go to court about the joint custody of our son. I haven't heard from him in a while. He just vanishes, then his wife will email me/ or call out of nowhere. I just hope god is watching over me with all of this. Transiting Jupiter is trining my Mercury-Venus-Sun in the 5th[House of children] it's sextiling Mars[in the 3rd] trine my Part of Fortune in Cancer in the 9th, and trine my MC in Cancer.

DoubleLibra

PiscesKitty, Best of luck to you with this. That was the reason I divorced my ex-husband. He wasn't enough of a man for me! :rolleyes: I see where you are located in New York City. Nice to see others from this forum that are from here :)