PDA

View Full Version : gall stone

fensi88
10-04-2006, 08:28 PM
What Moon sign rule gall stone?

Summery Joy
10-04-2006, 10:03 PM
I cannot give a precise answer, but I can provide some help. Here's the definition of gallstone;
Solid material that forms in the gallbladder or common bile duct. Gallstones are made of cholesterol or other substances found in the gallbladder. They may occur as one large stone or as many small ones, and vary from the size of a golf ball to a grain of sand. Also called cholelith.
I supposed it is ruled by the signs that rule the inestines (bladder), cholesterol and bodily fluids.

I hope this helps, and I hope whoever is sick will get well soon.

freedomlover
10-04-2006, 10:08 PM
According to astrologer Jan Spiller, Virgo rules: bowels and intestines, digestion and assimiliation. Wouldn't the gall bladder itself fall under these categories?

franklin taylor
10-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Hi Fensi,
Its not strictly a Moon concern. A source I used by Diane Cramer, who uses many older sources, states that Gall Stones are more common when Mars and Saturn are afflicted and are Prominent in one's chart. When Mars or Saturn are in Capricorn, Mars or Saturn in Cancer (moon ruled eh), and when Saturn is afflicting a Moon and Jupiter Aspect. Though Virgo rules the "Bowels" Cancer is considered the ruler of the Gall Bladder and the upper lobes of the Liver. Virgo rules the lower lobes of the liver and to where "things" are passed into the intestines. lol! Of course all stones concern Saturn and the Saturn co-ruled Aquarius among other aspects for they are a result of something hardening in the body. Saturn rules hardening be it stones, joints,(Arthritis) nerves,( ALS and the like) or vital organs (Scleroderma and the like)
Take Care.
Franklin

Shining Ray
10-05-2006, 06:31 AM
In my book I have Saturn as the ruler of the Gall bladder. Maybe as Franklin said an affliction maybe to Saturn in the sign of Cancer/Virgo. Completely guessing though.

Shining Ray

fensi88
10-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks all for kind explanations, but I ask this because of that rule "avoid an operation on that part of the body ruled by the sign in which the Moon is transiting". So upon your explanation operation of gall stones have to avoid when Moon is in Virgo, Cancer and Capricon? To me it is more logic transitig Moon in Capricon, because it is ruled by Sa (stone). What do you think? Does someone have some info about this?

BorX
10-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Fensi88 As adding to the other's explination, you have Lilith, Moon, Saturn, Sun and Neptune all in Libra. Thats to much tension in that sign and it's a powerfull indicator of gall stones. Libra rules bladder too, liver etc.

In progression you have POF passing your natal sun. Therefor a sign of recovery soon.:)

This problem I believe was much earlier than Moon in Capricorn. It was activated when Moon from Tranzits conjuncts the Moon in progression conjuncting the South Node in tranzits, activating the problem, complicated but I see it clear. ( also Lilith near natal Lilith ). We don't need perfect inter-positions in previsional cause it's powerfull even at large orbs. Virgo and Libra affect a great indicator of gall stones, if affected. The moon in Capricorn shows when you got more aware of it, cause it conjuncts Chiron, the planet of diagonstic and healing.

Hope it helps.

Summery Joy
10-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Goca,

How long could this surgery be postponed? I heard (and I'm not sure of that), the surgery should be avoided when the transiting Mars is debilitated. Mars is currently in Libra, you know.

fensi88
10-05-2006, 03:19 PM
It was activated when Moon from Tranzits conjuncts the Moon in progression conjuncting the South Node in tranzits, activating the problem, complicated but I see it clear.

BorX, you are right, the same complications I had in August and then in September!

How long could this surgery be postponed?..the surgery should be avoided when the transiting Mars is debilitated.

Sorehearted, yes, you are right! I do not know yet if I must go to operation, but I want to pick up best day for that operation if I must, so I need to know what Moon sign rule that part and avoid transiting Moon in that sign on operation day! Soon Me will be retro, one more sign to wait!

Summery Joy
10-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Well, then. In addition to avoiding the Moon transiting those signs, you might also wanna avoid hard aspects involving those signs in your natal chart.

Frisiangal
10-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Hi,
Apparently 75% of the population suffers from gall stones in one form or another; equivalent to holding on to, rather than assimilating, accepting, and working out (reasons for) bitterness and grievances.
Mars rules the gall; Saturn has rulership over stone but also the bitter bile. Moon is emotions that we 'feel' through other people's actions towards us. Virgo rules the gall passages, Jupiter the gall bladder.
I have Moon on 13* Capricorn and Mars on 24* Cancer. Mars is semi-square Virgo Ascendant on the Ebertin gall passage degree. 12th house Jupiter.
I had the gall stones op. Gall bladder also removed. Residue surgery 7 years later, after which I was told that stones take approx. 7 years to form. I then got into astrology and learnt the 'cause and effect' regarding physical illness.
I've never had surgery since.:)

F.

fensi88
10-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Apparently 75% of the population suffers from gall stones in one form or another;

I did not know this.

My birth data are :
7 october 1953, 20h, gmt+1, 21e13, 44n14
and as you can see I have Sa, on cusp of 6 house, conjuct ruler of ASC, Me in 6 house. I have only 2 tension aspects in chart and that are square from Ur to Ne and Sa. Sa is in Li so I expect problems with kidney, but EHO said gallstone. How do you explain this?

Frisiangal
10-06-2006, 11:03 PM
My birth data are :
7 october 1953, 20h, gmt+1, 21e13, 44n14
and as you can see I have Sa, on cusp of 6 house, conjuct ruler of ASC, Me in 6 house. I have only 2 tension aspects in chart and that are square from Ur to Ne and Sa. Sa is in Li so I expect problems with kidney, but EHO said gallstone. How do you explain this?

Hi Fensi,
Unfortunately I can't produce a chart with only coordinates and I don't see your chart listed in the Astro. Weekly Charts thread. However, a look in my trusty ephemeris shows you to have natal Venus-MARS in VIRGO within orb of a semi-square (renowned for physical health problems) to Saturn in Libra. If gall stone was diagnosed following a recent attack, this may have been
brought on by Mars transiting Virgo, thus activating the semi-square. The unexpectedness of any attack could also be infuenced by transiting Uranus opposing natal Mars. I don't know if you had the 'typical' attack, which feels like the knife in the back between the shoulder blades, the region ruled by Gemini/Mercury, your Ascending sign and chart ruler. If either Mars or Saturn make harsh aspects to the Ascendant, this will intensify the semi-square between them and the effect of Uranus's square to natal Saturn.

F.

Francesca
10-07-2006, 12:37 AM
OK, Frisiangal, if stones mean retained grievance, how come I don't have any? I'm a champion grievance holder, and all around obsessive. I also have Saturn square Jupiter.What about arthritis?

And Fensi, don't you want laser surgery that just busts up the stones, no cutting? I don't know how prevalent it is in Europe, but here most people try it before the knife. Also, have you consulted any alternative practitioners, like a natureopath? Natural remedies might be a lot easier. How's your cholesterol?

Frisiangal
10-07-2006, 08:14 AM
OK, Frisiangal, if stones mean retained grievance, how come I don't have any? I'm a champion grievance holder, and all around obsessive. I also have Saturn square Jupiter.What about arthritis?

If I had all the answers, I'd be a billionaire by now:D . But, a couple of them might be:,

1.You are amongst the 25% that don't suffer from stones,
2. you are a champion worrier, anyway, with a heavy Cancer content. In some way, at least 'emotional worrying' is doing something with Cancer energy,
3. Ruler Asc, is Mercury, which makes a semi-square to Asc,. in your chart. You might have a tendancy towards Cancer/Virgo complaints; stomach, abdomen, feminine organs, dermatological; 'possibly' ulcers, gastric or intestinal problems.
4. With GALL stones, there has to be an influence from Mars, ruler of gall. Your Mars also makes only positive aspects,
5. Aquarius rules the 6th house. Using modern rulerships, this would mean an Uranus influence. Uranus doesn't aspect either Mars or ruler Asc.
6. Using trad. rulerships, Saturn would rule Aquarius but it would not then signify 'stone' but a friction within movement/mobility.

You have Uranus in Gemini, the sign which has association with all the 'joints' in the body that enable agility of movement. Uranus is within orb of the semi-square to Saturn. This could refer to any arthritic problems setting in later in life, but only if there is a refusal to budge from an old pattern of thought;) .

F.

fensi88
10-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Frisiangal, your explanation is excellent (as always!) I did not know that semi-square are important in health problems, thanks for point it out! For my chart you can put coordinates for Belgrade.

Natural remedies might be a lot easier. How's your cholesterol?

Francesca, (interesting now we have 3 "F" in this post, Frisingal, Francesca, Fensi) you are right, my cholesterol is high:8! But I have one more problem: ALT(GTP)=300 and AST(GOT)=200 (this may be something about liver)
My doctor sent me to nutrition men (althought I am not fat, I have 65 kg) to give me advice what to eat next 10 days and to give me some teas to drink and after that to check out ALT and AST again.I hope everything will be OK after that!

Thanks once again for your time and explanation!

Elianah
10-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone,

The liver is the major producer of cholesterol, which is one of the components of gall stones that Sorehearted pointed out. The liver is ruled by Sagittarius/Jupiter and the gallblader and its gall stones are ruled by Capricorn/Saturn (per Jan Spiller).

In Chinese medicine, the liver accumulates the unprocessed, unreleased anger (Aries/Mars) a person has. At some point, the liver will need to release some of this anger somehow to regain equilibrium, and sends it down to the gall bladder. The gall bladder (a squared energy to the Aries/Mars anger) receives this energy and coats it with the salts, cholesterol, etc. to protect itself from the energy. Unfortunately, if enough coating is produced, it will cause the "stone" not to be released out of the gall bladder and will need to be treated by a qualified medical professional.

So the question arises what has galled someone so much that anger had to be kept in to the extent that gall stones had to be formed to catch the person's attention? The placements and aspects of transiting Jupiter, Saturn and Mars to their natal positions as well as the aspects these planets have natally, may point to the sources of built-up, unprocessed anger for the client with gall stones. Once it is processed and released, it should aid in starting to dissolve and release the gallstones, depending upon how large they have become.

The Aries/Mars energy isn't limited to just anger, but can just be impatience towards someone or something. If one can release the impatience and allow things to happen in their own time in their way without expectations or judgments, that can also assist in dissolving the gall stones. Look at what the client has natally and transiting Pisces to see how the client can work with the Piscien energies of forgiveness, understanding, acceptance and compassion to dissolve the impatience/anger. Nonjudgmental trust that everything happens for a reason that might not be clear at the time can also help dissolve the gallstones.

Of course, I realize that this is much easier said than done. ;)

I agree with Francesca, check and see if the stones can be broken up by the use of ultrasound before going under the knife.

I hope this helps.

Frisiangal
10-08-2006, 07:43 PM

In Chinese medicine, the liver accumulates the unprocessed, unreleased anger (Aries/Mars) a person has. At some point, the liver will need to release some of this anger somehow to regain equilibrium, and sends it down to the gall bladder. The gall bladder (a squared energy to the Aries/Mars anger) receives this energy and coats it with the salts, cholesterol, etc. to protect itself from the energy. Unfortunately, if enough coating is produced, it will cause the "stone" not to be released out of the gall bladder and will need to be treated by a qualified medical professional.

[QUOTE]
So the question arises what has galled someone so much that anger had to be kept in to the extent that gall stones had to be formed to catch the person's attention? The placements and aspects of transiting Jupiter, Saturn and Mars to their natal positions as well as the aspects these planets have natally, may point to the sources of built-up, unprocessed anger for the client with gall stones. Once it is processed and released, it should aid in starting to dissolve and release the gallstones, depending upon how large they have become.

The Aries/Mars energy isn't limited to just anger, but can just be impatience towards someone or something. If one can release the impatience and allow things to happen in their own time in their way without expectations or judgments, that can also assist in dissolving the gall stones. Look at what the client has natally and transiting Pisces to see how the client can work with the Piscien energies of forgiveness, understanding, acceptance and compassion to dissolve the impatience/anger. Nonjudgmental trust that everything happens for a reason that might not be clear at the time can also help dissolve the gallstones.

Yes, yes, yes.

Thank you so much for presenting the psychological reason behind this....as with any.... physical complaint.

I agree with Francesca, check and see if the stones can be broken up by the use of ultrasound before going under the knife.

By the time my second bout of (residue) stones happened, an operation wasn't necessary. A tube down the throat through to the stone simply sucked it up and out. Didn't feel a thing!

F.

Francesca
10-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Today I read in Dell that Pluto rules the gall bladder. Who knows? It really doesn't contradict the anger thing, in fact supports it.

Goca, you really do need to clean out that liver. There is an herb called (in America) milk thistle which has been shown in clinical trials to regenerate liver cells after damage by viruses like hepatitus and also damage caused by drugs, prescription or otherwise. Try it. Also, common dandelion (root, I believe) is good for cleansing the liver. Dis cuss these with the people who are treating you. Good luck.

Frisiangal, the fact that I never change my thought patterns probably accounts for why I'm already crippled by arthritis. Obsessional personalities, what can you do? Take care.

Frisiangal
10-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Frisiangal, the fact that I never change my thought patterns probably accounts for why I'm already crippled by arthritis. Obsessional personalities, what can you do?

Francesca,
How I hate it when astro. symbolism proves itself in this way.

By coincidence, there was an article (with a couple of patient examples) in the paper regarding a symposium this coming Tuesday dedicated to the different forms of 'borderline' disorders of the psyche. Although from the 'medical' viewpoint, I would love to be able to listen in, but my sister is arriving.

'Borderline' obviously brings thoughts of Saturn to mind. If it isn't asking anything too personal, does your obsessional personality fall under, or has been called in, this category?

F

Elianah
10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi Francesca,

I'd be interested in the source of the Pluto as ruler of the gallbladder with a little more explanation for that choice. The gallbladder does store—and concentrates—bile (composed of cholesterol, electrolytes, bile pigments and bile salts) that the liver produces. Storing and concentration just doesn't sound Plutonian to me. It does sound quite Earth element related, which is why Capricorn and Saturn sound like a better fit for ruling the gallbladder and the overconcentration of bile into gallstones.

Fris,

I hope they had you under some type of anesthesia when they did the procedure. Just looking at the route the scope had to travel to reach the gallblader, I know I would not want to be conscious during that!

Elianah

Frisiangal
10-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Fris,

I hope they had you under some type of anesthesia when they did the procedure. Just looking at the route the scope had to travel to reach the gallblader, I know I would not want to be conscious during that!

My gall bladdder was removed during the first op., over 30 years ago, even though the stones were actually in the gall passage. I don't think such would have happened today. The second bout was 2 smaller stones in the same gall passage. I was given a tranquiliser for nerves and it was a case of 2 squishes in the throat of a local anaesthetic. I even watched it all on the screen. The procedure took about 40 mins. from start to finish, 30 mins. in the recovery room and then home.

F.

fensi88
10-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Elianah wrote:
In Chinese medicine, the liver accumulates the unprocessed, unreleased anger (Aries/Mars) a person has.

This is apsolytely right! It is nearly one year am I very angry at my boss!! Everything what I have to do is urgent and must be done in short deadline, while anothers work normal deadline. But I can do anything against that/him because in my age it is difficalt to find new job.

Francesca
10-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Frisangal, how awful that sounds. My doctor wants me to have an angiogram before she OK's me for shoulder surgery, but I refused. Too invasive and risky! How did you stand it?

Elianah, I have no further information, just the statement in the magazine. However, in one resoect, at least, it seems to fit because of the "waste" nature of the cholesterol and other components of the stone. The bile is supposed to break it down,right? Maybe the gall bladder is Pluto and the stone itself Saturn. I duuno.

Claire19
10-13-2006, 12:43 AM
Actually Scorpio and Pluto rules the bowels as an eliminative function. However the gall bladder belongs to Leo and the Sun as it in the area ruled Leo along with that part of the spine and heart. I have found this to be true in my experience although I do agree that Virgo rules assimilation but that is more the intestinal area. What we eat also is involved...... Cancer and the moon rules the breasts womb and stomach. Medical diagnosis is always complex and many factors contribute to any one condition I am sure...

Claire.

Francesca
10-13-2006, 02:24 AM
Frisiangal, do you mean something like "Borderline Personality Disorder"? Not really, but I got a family full of them! They're awful, aren't they? Iam definitely more major depressive disorder/anxiety disorder type of person, but of course you could have them all in one person. I dunno. Anyway, you mean because Saturn represents rigidity and limitations/borders? Interesting.