Planets and chakras

Kuntuzangmo

In the wee hours this morning this came to me....I'm sure it must exist somewhere officially, so please correct me if I'm wrong, and comment if you like. i.e. which planets belong to, or influence, or are reflected in which chakras.

7th Uranus (and Jupiter?)
6th Neptune
5th Mercury
4th Venus and Jupiter
3rd Sun (and Mars?)
2nd Moon
1st Pluto and Saturn

kz

ps, I do know that in at least one tradition the moon resides at the 7th chakra....but yoga logic tells me its the 2nd.

Last edited:

Kuntuzangmo

Hi Yennefer,
Very interesting. Do you know who wrote it?
I'm very curious about the choices of the planets/signs to the chakras in that piece.
Cheers.

Yennefer

I don´t know the source but as it is posted on Astrology Weekly website, you can ask Radu, who is founder of that site and also of this forum :smile:

dr. farr

You might find the postings on the thread entitled "Chakra Locations", in the Spiritual Realm forum, of some interest...

Mark

I have recently been considering the study of planetary associations to endocrine centres in the body. There are correct associations out there, I'm sure, but I haven't yet had the time to research thoroughly. I would like to establish a series of reasoned associations between planetary influences and the 7 major centres. I planned on starting with Edgar Cayce material and spanning out from there. I don't just want a list. I also want to know why each planet best fits with each centre. What are the shared tendencies and why wouldn't another arrangement be better than the one we establish?

To facilitate discussion, the 7 major endocrine centres are as follows:

7. Pituitary (Head, Front)
6. Pineal (Head, Back)
5. Thyroid (Throat)
4. Thymus (Heart)
3. Adrenals
2. Lyden (above, but operates through the Leydig cells)
1. Genitals (Gonads/Ovaries)

Note that this listing of the glands is physiological and runs from bottom to top. These are not listed in their functioning order. Natural courses of "energy" throughout the body do not follow the placement order. That is a discussion that deserves its own thread, if not its own forum. Some work has already been done by others based on the Edgar Cayce material and those associations are as follows:

7. Pituitary - Jupiter
6. Pineal - Mercury
5. Thyroid - Uranus
4. Thymus - Venus
3. Adrenals - Mars
2. Lyden - Neptune
1. Genitals - Saturn

I do not know whether or not these associations are truly correct. As far as I know, Cayce didn't create this list. Others created the list based on his work. So, I feel I have much more work to do or at least some good reading. Below is attached a diagram that was included in an old (from the 60's) Edgar Cayce booklet that may be helpful.

Attachments

• chakra_endocrine_glands.jpg
    chakra_endocrine_glands.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 23

Kuntuzangmo

Thanks all of you for your replies.
The list that I gave was from a yoga perspective (which is where we got the chakras in the first place), reflecting the qualities of the chakras that I was able to associate with the qualities of the planets.
I'd be interested to hear from a vedic person in this regard.
Cheers.

7. beyond conceptual and elemental, nirvana, enlightenment
6. meditation and contemplation, one pointed focus
5. space, communications
4. air, meeting place between the upper and lower chakras, love, compassion (higher emotions), relations
3. fire, ego, effort, drive
2. water, emotions, sex
1. earth, foundations, security

etc...

Last edited:

Mark

The chakras are particular centres in the human body which have particular functions. The yogis only described the Truth. There were people before there were Vedics, so I would actually question the Vedic interpretations. I try to stay away from any type of traditional perspective, particularly one as proprietary as the Vedic view. I am stepping out on a limb, given that I can't prove this statement to anyone, but India was not the birthplace of these ideas. According to majority opinion, India is as far back as we can trace the ideas, but that doesn't mean India was their origin. I would much rather talk about what the centres are and how they work than how a particular group of ancients thought about them. Never underestimate the human ability to be wrong.

Bjorkstrand

The chakras are in different layers of planets and tnos which is part of quantum astrology.
There's the inner layer with Sun,mercury and venus then there's

physical layer
1 Mars
2 ceres+asteroids
3 Jupiter
4 saturn
5 uranus
6 neptune
7 orcus + plutinos

Hormone layer
1 Pluto
etc