Which house would you use for this?

Catatonia

Here's a common scenario. Two people have spoken on the internet and even more on the phone over the course of, let's say, 2 yrs or more. Even more so, you are "romantically" involved. So, which house do you represent the other person by in regards to horary astrology?

This is the case with many people nowadays especially with rise in technology. People use the internet as a means of communication moreso than actually physically going to see the person many times. Crazy stuff. Comments?

unukalhai

Since the people are involved romanticly, the 5th house of lovers would generally be used. In the case of relationships, the 1st represents the querent, the 5th for lovers, the 11th for friends, and the 7th (because what is quisted is the relationship) for the potentiality of thier relationship.

I personally wouldn't consider the method of communication to change any of this, however the 3rd house of communication might be a valid indicator as to the situational aspects of thier communication.

Catatonia

unukalhai said:
Since the people are involved romanticly, the 5th house of lovers would generally be used. In the case of relationships, the 1st represents the querent, the 5th for lovers, the 11th for friends, and the 7th (because what is quisted is the relationship) for the potentiality of thier relationship.

I personally wouldn't consider the method of communication to change any of this, however the 3rd house of communication might be a valid indicator as to the situational aspects of thier communication.

I was thinking about the 12th, more towards disillusionment. I think you have a point though.

Summery Joy

Catatonia,

If the two internet-buddies who are romatically involved do recognize that there's a romantic connection there, acknowledge this fact and behave accordingly, then this is a 5th house issuse.

However, if they're "officially" just internet buddies and have not discussed the romantic aspect of their realtionship, i.e. neither one of them is 100% how the other really feels, then I would advise to stick to the 11th house as better describer of the current relationship status.

Yes, 11th because it also rules internet, technology and friends and communicating (11th is associated with air sign Aqu). Maybe 5th house streak though as well because of "romance" but you'd think there would need to be a physical side to it be really activated.