Used Car: Good Investment Or Money Pit?

unukalhai

Question: Will the used car I inspected and test drove prove to be a reliable machine and a sound investment, or a potential money-pit laden with problems?

Goal: The main goal of this purchase is to obtain a reliable, dependable car with air conditioning mainly for transit to and from work. I don't travel much, but public transportation won't get to me to my office, and being late because of car problems doesn't fly well with the boss. My current car is a clunker, with no AC and not dependable.

Background: I've been looking for a specific model of used car for quite some time. Yesterday, I located a tempting example of the car I've been looking for. The year/model in question is well known to be reliable, confortable, and generally a sound investment, assuming the specific car in question has been properly maintained. They are also very difficult to find in good shape, atleast in this area. This one seems like a winner based on inspection and test drive.

So, I thought and thought about it. Most of my consideration says I should jump on the deal before someone else does, especially considering the fair price and good condition. At wits end, I thought "Horary Astrology!" and noted the time I turned to Astrology for consideration. My main concern is hidden problems that may require substantial investment in repairs, even though these cars are generally very reliable.

This is the chart:

car.gif

Honestly, my knowledge of horary is very limited. I'm much more versed with event and spiritual astrology, and have never really applied astrology to material concerns. As I'm far richer in spirit than material, a car is a fairly major investment and I thought maybe one of you kind folks familar with horary astrology could tell me what you think of the chart? Capricorn rising seems good for things of durability and things of age (as in a classic used car), yet also for loss and troubles. At the same time, Capricorn ruler Saturn is conjunct benefic Venus, in the 7th natural-Venus house, and Jupiter is bang on the Midheaven. From what I know, Saturn also represents me, the Querent, which is appropriate as I am a capricorn rising native. Mercury (short distance travels) is combust, and the ruler of the third (short distance travels, again), mars, is conjunct the south node in the 8th house, with Leo on the cusp, with Leo ruler Sun in-house. To me, it seems a mixed bag, but honestly I dont understand the rules and terms of Horary enough to make a real distinction. Your opinions and feedback are _much_ appreciated!

I'm also curious what planet would be used to represent the car... ruler of the 2nd (material purchases and posessions) or 3rd (short distance travels)? the 11th because its a piece of technology? I'm assuming the 9th ruler is not applicable as my main concern is daily in-town driving, rather than long distance roadtrips which I only do if I must.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Last edited:

EvilPixyScorp

Hello :)

First, with Mercury(cars, contracts) Combusted, Saturn & Neptune tangling (so restrictions/limitations aren't clear), and soon Sun opposite Uranus Rx energy(technology)...I'd try to hold off on any major purchases/agreements!

The horary chart says the same unfortunately :( .. at least
how I see it...

1) Since it still belongs to another person,
the car is represented by Mercury burned by the Sun..Maybe a literal overheating issue?
2) Saturn (You), is applying to an opposition with Neptune (a malefic).
Indicating confusion, deception.
3) The Moon (Seller/events) is in her Fall sign, secretive Scorpio...in the Via Combusta zone, a double nasty.

Sabian Symbol for the car:
26-27 deg Aries
Through Imagination A Lost Opportunity Is Regained
(lol people can get *quite* clever when hiding a fault
is needed)

Hope that helped a bit...Keep us updated, and best luck!!

unukalhai

EvilPixyScorp said:
Hello :)

First, with Mercury(cars, contracts) Combusted, Saturn & Neptune tangling (so restrictions/limitations aren't clear), and soon Sun opposite Uranus Rx energy(technology)...I'd try to hold off on any major purchases/agreements!

You may a strong case!

EvilPixyScorp said:
1) Since it still belongs to another person,
the car is represented by Mercury burned by the Sun..Maybe a literal overheating issue?

Interesting that you mention that, i noted that the temp gauge did go a hair over the normal exact-center position, but these cars are also known for a horribly inaccurate tempature sensor... yet interesting that I made note of this even if nothing actually overheated!

2) Saturn (You), is applying to an opposition with Neptune (a malefic).
Indicating confusion, deception.

True, I have considered the transiting pattern, but I kind of disregarded it (long-term aspect) -- Now thinking in terms of saturn representing me in the horary, it becomes very important! I'll learn to think in horary terms some day :) hehe..

3) The Moon (Seller/events) is in her Fall sign, secretive Scorpio...in the Via Combusta zone, a double nasty.

You make a very strong point here, the beginning of scorp puts it right in the center of the via combusta zone too! in fall, as well as centered in via combusta (15lib-15sco from what i just read) seems like a totally negative placement!

Sabian Symbol for the car:
26-27 deg Aries
Through Imagination A Lost Opportunity Is Regained
(lol people can get *quite* clever when hiding a fault
is needed)

Ah! I never thought of using sabian symbols in a horary, makes perfect sense, I use them in natal and event stuff all the time. Good choice to use the sabian for the object in question, this makes perfect sense.

The seller did indicate the last buyer flaked on the deal, supposibly becuse of a loan falling through, however this car isnt really that expensive, most would buy outright in cash. possibly a line, and the previous potential buyer decided at the last min to abort the deal, or otherwise flaked.

Hope that helped a bit...Keep us updated, and best luck!!

definitly, THANK YOU for taking the time to respond to my post, you've given me a good start on the chart and made some really good points.

whatever the case, i think i will let this one slide. My job tells me I'll be working OT for some excess workload and bonuses come up soon, maybe by the time some of these bad conditons pass i'll be able to afford something even nicer.

I think its about time I learn more about horary, so I ordered a few books on the subject.. Seems to be a useful branch i havnt learned yet :)