Interpreting progressed chart?

koppykat

I'm just now really getting into progressed charts, but I'm not sure if I should read them the same as I would my natal chart, or in a totally different way? I've heard you should compare where the planets in the progressed chart are at in your natal chart? But...I don't know, I'm just confused.
Here are my natal & progressed charts if you guys could tell me anything significant about them, or give me some tips on interpreting them together.

Attachments

• knatalchart.jpg
    knatalchart.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 49
  • kprogressedchart.jpg
    kprogressedchart.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 53

BobZemco

Progressions are very slow transiting natal planets. You can look at it that way. You're sort of watching your life unfold before you. As your natal planets change signs and houses, and make new aspects to natal planets or perfect aspects, that all tells a story.

Your Ascendant has progressed into Gemini, so you'll take on some Gemini traits, just as your Sun has progressed from Pisces to Aries. In your case, you should gain some confidence, especially with money matters and other things related to the 2nd House (where Mars is natally).

In the future, for better readability, normally you use a bi-wheel with the natal chart on the inside ring and the progressions on the outside for comparison, plus you can see the aspects better.

Jupiter and Pluto were retrograde in your natal chart, but now Jupiter has gone direct. You might want to purchase an ephemeris so you can see the date Jupiter went stationary before turning direct. There may or may not have been a significant event in your life, but if a transiting planet was conjunct progressed Jupiter while it was stationary there probably was.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Re: Interpreting the day-for-a-year progressed chart?

I'm just now really getting into progressed charts, but I'm not sure if I should read them the same as I would my natal chart, or in a totally different way?
Bear in mind KK that members responding here will each have our own (possibly unique) views on how to use and interpret progressed charts...so please question whatever we say that seems conflicting or confusing.
____________________​
A day-for-a-year Progressed Chart is calculated at the exact time of our birth each year, and is active for the 12 months from one birthday to the next...So, your day-for-a-year progressed chart for age 19-20 is obtained from Astro.com by using 20th March 2010 as the progressed date (which is based upon a UT time/date of 13.16pm/8th April 1991...exactly 19 days after you were born).​

The facility at Astro.com then allows you to "step through" this 12 month progressed period on a daily basis....by selecting a specific day to look at...as you have done in your posted Progressed Chart, which relates specifically to 20th July 2010 (the default date on the day you requested the chart).​

In practice, we interpret the day-for-a-year chart for the 12 month period...and use the daily progressions to closely monitor the (12 degrees) movement of the moon, as that is a useful "event timing" device.​

Consequently, it would be helpful (to me) if you could also post the appropriate day-for-a-year progressed chart on this thread.​

EJ​

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
...Here are my natal & progressed charts if you guys could tell me anything significant about them, or give me some tips on interpreting them together.
I think of the natal/progressed/transit charts as being linked, KK :-

The natal chart contains lessons of our whole lifetime...The progressed chart highlights the lessons scheduled for the current year...The transits point to the event that teach us a specific lesson...(But, we cannot learn just by being in the classroom...That requires us to be awake and paying attention.)

For example, your natal chart contains (lessons relating to) intercepted signs; Mercury square Uranus; Chiron in Cancer/3rd; Mars qcx Pluto; Sun at the anaretic degree of Pisces; a Venus/Jupiter/Saturn Tsquare; Moon opposite Pluto and (probably) other things...

However, the progressed chart is highlighting the natal Tsquare and Moon/Pluto opposition as the main focus of your learning this year (Pmoon square Nvenus...Pvenus conjunct Nmoon...Pmars sextile Nvenus)......So (perhaps) power issues in relationships will be a feature of your life this year...

...and you can expect a related event/incident whenever a transitting planet activates these progressions (by aspecting an "involved" natal or progressed planet) during the 12 month period.

[Note : For progressions of one planet/point to another progressed or natal planet/point, I use the same interpretation as for transits......The difference is that a transit is likely to produce an actual physical event, whilst a progression may simply result in thinking about these things more than usual.]

EJ

koppykat

Sorry it took me so long, I forgot about this thread :sideways:

I'm attaching my progressed day for a year chart with the natal chart along with it for any further help/interpretations, although I'm not sure if anyone will still check this lol.

Attachments

• kprogresseddayforyear.jpg
    kprogresseddayforyear.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 36
I'm just now really getting into progressed charts, but I'm not sure if I should read them the same as I would my natal chart, or in a totally different way? I've heard you should compare where the planets in the progressed chart are at in your natal chart? But...I don't know, I'm just confused.
Here are my natal & progressed charts if you guys could tell me anything significant about them, or give me some tips on interpreting them together.

progressed planets/charts are more 'internal' changes, evolvements rather than 'events or external' matters. I don't read prog charts as stand alones it's more important to see where these planets are moving in the natal chart

Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars especially are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

What's the difference between Transits and Progressions?
“Transits are the planets currently orbiting in the sky and the relationships they form to each other and additionally, to your chart. Transits happen for everyone. They're important and effect you personally when they contact a planet or point in your chart. Transits represent outside energy, things happening outside yourself. They describe external events and your responses to them. Progressions, however, move very slowly and are a natural progression of your original birth chart. The events and emotions they describe are part of you, deeply ingrained in your psyche, internal, and psychological. And as they form aspects, these inner feelings start to become more important and central to your life”

http://www.artcharts.com/learn_astrology/progressed.html

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_progression
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/progressions.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67
http://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/astroarticles/progressionsinastrology.php
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/progressions.html
http://astrolmass.com/progressions.htm

The most important of progressed planets is of course, sun & moon and then upto mars, as the outer planets hardly move by progression. Now like with transits, solar arcs --- it's what these progressed planets are doing NOW by mathematical aspect to your natal planets and Angles that is ultimately important.

Also I would take this opportunity to mention there is a ‘plethora’ of information in every forum top, called 'stickys' which cover, explain in great depth what each forum is all about, plus we have an Education forum for further research..